Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR doesn't want to review Journey to Batuu / doesn't want to cover The Sims 4 anymore

TWEET:

He said he has almost ZERO interest in covering The Sims 4 anymore. He bought the pack, played for an hour and decided it was enough and a waste of time. He says there's only so many ways he can says "this sucks." He also doesn't want to go back to previous games. He's "apathetic regarding the entire series."

It's finally happened. The Sims 4 Star Wars Pack is so bad it was the last straw for LGR.

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    TWEET:

He said he has almost ZERO interest in covering The Sims 4 anymore. He bought the pack, played for an hour and decided it was enough and a waste of time. He says there's only so many ways he can says "this sucks." He also doesn't want to go back to previous games. He's "apathetic regarding the entire series."

It's finally happened. The Sims 4 Star Wars Pack is so bad it was the last straw for LGR.

In some aspects I can understand his feelings as this is another pack in which some features are just restricted to that pack and no use to other neighborhoods. This appears to be the norm now and going forward.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Who is lgr?
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Who is lgr?

He's a YouTuber.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    For like 2 years now I used to watch his videos just to listen to him rant about how much he dislikes the packs. Plus, I wanted to see the many ways he would kill Ralph in protest lol. He said if he likes the next EP then he'll make a video so, I'm not going to unsubscribe or anything. I do think him making this statement is funny, though and he sounds very serious. He said he played for 1 hour and realized the pack was lame haha
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I'm going to miss his reviews. At least I still have his cooking and thrift videos to look forward to. :)
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I can understand him not wanting to review this pack. On one hand I was curious about his thoughts on it because I pegged him for a Star Wars nerd. On the other hand, I rather he take a stand and not buy it to help the cause so we don’t ever see 🐸🐸🐸🐸 like this again.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I can understand him not wanting to review this pack. On one hand I was curious about his thoughts on it because I pegged him for a Star Wars nerd. On the other hand, I rather he take a stand and not buy it to help the cause so we don’t ever see 🌺🌺🌺🌺 like this again.

He bought it, he played it for an hour, and apparently he hated it.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited September 2020
    Heh... funny enough, just a couple days ago, I was wondering if LGR would even review this pack. I don't blame him for giving up on the game, I know many here in the forums have. Other YouTubers who review packs have been giving extremely negative reviews on this pack, regardless of how they felt when the pack was announced, they tried to be fair. LGR would basically be making the same video, but in a different way and he seemed to be absolutely done with TS4 in his Nifty Knitting review.

Still, it's a shame. His reviews were the only piece of content he made that I liked.

EDIT: ...The OP's post made me think he was giving up on TS4 completely. He implied that he may review the next Expansion pack, however. He just has no interest in this one since it, quite literally, doesn't expand on the existing gameplay at all.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    I'm going to miss his reviews. At least I still have his cooking and thrift videos to look forward to. :)

He still going to review sims 4 just not this pack.
  • SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member
    I went looking for his review today but glad he’s bowing out. His reviews are the perfect combo of informative and entertaining, but he has been repeating himself a lot.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2020
    This pack was definitely not for everyone. Time for Maxis to win their people back.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    EDIT: ...The OP's post made me think he was giving up on TS4 completely. He implied that he may review the next Expansion pack, however. He just has no interest in this one since it, quite literally, doesn't expand on the existing gameplay at all.

He discussed this on reddit and stated he may review big packs in the future because there's an audience who wants those videos and he makes money off of them. But he's not interested in covering fluffy packs anymore. He also discussed the INSANE contract EA makes Game Changers sign, which was the reason he refused to be an EA Game Changer:

"You grant EA all necessary rights to use, reproduce, perform, display and distribute, in perpetuity and throughout the universe, any and all images, recordings (both audio and visual) and statements taken of you or which you provide EA in connection with any Game Changer Program Activities, as well as your name, nickname, handle and the like, in marketing, advertising and promotional materials and content for any of EA’s products and services, in any and all media by which such materials and content may be distributed, without further approval or compensation of any kind."
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

He still going to review sims 4 just not this pack.

Maybe. He may feel the same about the next pack. 🤷
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    It didn't take much imagination to know before the pack was released how he would react to it. He basically said what many of us are saying about the state of Sims4 right now: It's bad, really really bad. At least he made an effort by purchasing JtB and trying it. Have to give him credit for doing that. I am doing all my playing off line right now, and intend to continue staying off line until the modding community has a chance to catch up. Those folks have more patience than I do, but even they're tired of constantly updating their mods. Plus I just don't feel like adding any new bugs to my game when there are still so many from EL burrowing about in my game. This GP came around at the wrong time in Sims4's life. And it should have been a stand-alone pack like Medieval was. It would have been received with more positivity, I believe. I guess all we can hope for, if we want to see more reviews from LGR, is for the next pack to be a good one. Ya, that made me giggle a little bit, too. :p
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I cannot blame him, but it feels like quite the shame. I was kind of looking forward to it as one of the few personal positives of GP9.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I can understand him not wanting to review this pack. On one hand I was curious about his thoughts on it because I pegged him for a Star Wars nerd. On the other hand, I rather he take a stand and not buy it to help the cause so we don’t ever see 🌺🌺🌺🌺 like this again.

He bought it, he played it for an hour, and apparently he hated it.

ugh I wish he wouldnt have bought it
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    plenty of others who review the new pack anyway :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yeah seems like the pack broke LGR and he likes Star Wars

LGR.png

@BatmanFanGirl yeah it's refreshing when you learn how to block the haters.

@SimTrippy he actually bought it, played it and said nah, nope, not gonna review this.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited September 2020
    About LGR, I totally understand. S4 has been going much longer than the prior series. Sometimes you just need a break!
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on