Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We already need a mod for the Star Wars pack...

It would seem that when your Sim goes to Batuu, all CAS assets aside from those that came with the pack (also a few that DID come with the pack) are unavailable. I know the pack was just released today, and someone may already be working on a mod to unlock all CAS items on Batuu for your playable Sim. If the Sims team doesn’t address this, I do hope that a mod for it will be created soon. It’s utterly ridiculous that we can’t even have our Sims dressed as Star Wars alien species while on Batuu! Let alone that the free May the Fourth items aren’t even available...
Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!

Comments

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    There is a cheat but those locked CAS items are meant to be unlock through game play. It's not a bug. It's supposed to be this way.

Testcheats on
    Then
    cas.unlockbytag GP09
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    There is a cheat but those locked CAS items are meant to be unlock through game play. It's not a bug. It's supposed to be this way.

Testcheats on
    Then
    cas.unlockbytag GP09

That’s not what I’m saying. I know the new “career” outfits are locked, I’m talking about regular clothing, from base game and other packs. I want to be able to wear ANYTHING in Batuu. I want to create Twi’lek Sims and have them visit Batuu without becoming normal, human Sims.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    okester wrote: »

Testcheats on
    Then
    cas.unlockbytag GP09

That’s not what I’m saying. I know the new “career” outfits are locked, I’m talking about regular clothing, from base game and other packs. I want to be able to wear ANYTHING in Batuu. I want to create Twi’lek Sims and have them visit Batuu without becoming normal, human Sims.

You can plan your Batuu outfit in the dwelling rabbit hole once you’re there.
    You should be able to choose from any clothing as far as I understand: I picked a different attire for my sim and all the everyday options seemed to be available to him. When you revisit Batuu after returning home, the sim should be wearing what you picked the first time.
    okester wrote: »

Testcheats on
    Then
    cas.unlockbytag GP09

You can plan your Batuu outfit in the dwelling rabbit hole once you’re there.
    You should be able to choose from any clothing as far as I understand: I picked a different attire for my sim and all the everyday options seemed to be available to him. When you revisit Batuu after returning home, the sim should be wearing what you picked the first time.

Do you use mods? Because in every gameplay video I’ve seen, only the clothing items from the Journey to Batuu pack are available when planning your Batuu outfit.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    I only had the option to select Batuu clothes when I selected the Plan Outfit option. Maybe there was another option that would allow the Sim to wear regular clothing. I was playing three Sims, and none of them had the option to select regular clothes.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    It would appear that the More Columns in CAS mod allows for any clothing to be applied in Batuu. However, I still think that a specific mod would be best.
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Hi there! I’m using the Dresser/Change Outfit option in MCCC mod, if you have it installed. I always select my everyday outfit, but you will have to select it again when coming back to batuu. Also, if you customize a NPC (let’s say replacing Vi with Finn with the MCCC/CAS/Copy - paste/Paste tray sim) it is better to choose at least somebody from the same species. If you pick somebody with a JTB alien mask and replace it with a human, for instance, the next time you come back he or she will be wearing the same alien situational outfit. Hope this helps!