Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issue using buyable foods for business

RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
It's been a while since I've run a business and I'm trying out a bakery shop and got fed up of making food so thought I would try stocking some buyable foods so I can restock easily. I'm displaying them in the Decra-Chill display but had to use moveobjects to put them in there which works fine for people to view and buy but when it comes to restocking one of two things happen; either the restocking sign disappears from the shelf and is relocated to the far right corner of the lot or the sign remains but the item disappears from the shelf once restocking is completed. If my sim goes outside to the relocated item and tries to restock it it also disappears and I have to use the Stuck Object Remover from MATY to get rid of it. Is there any way around this or do I have to just restock them from the catalogue manually each time?
iscQh5U.png

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Well, I like the inventory trick.

Fill the displays or counter tray with your bakeries then put the displays/trays/tables into an inventory. I like using the trays on a 3 table.
    After un-pausing, pause again and pull the trays from inventory (keeping it paused), unload the backed items from the trays and back into their inventory (stay paused). Put the tables back into the same inventory and un-pause.
    Go back into their inventory and the table trays should be showing the same baked goods with the removed baked goods in the inventory.

It's an old bug and lets you duplicate many things on tables surfaces.

So, if you're having trouble, just do this bug trick and subtract the money, or not.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Rflong7

I never heard of that little trick until now so good to know just hope I can remember for later-) One thing I really love about sims 2 businesses is when I set up one of my sims in business then move onto another household I can take current sim I am playing back to that business to see that sim working there and selling to my latest playable sim.. For some reason i get a real kick out of this :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    Using MOO for items for sale, no matter if you have dozens, will always make the restock sign get moved by the game to somewhere weird on the lot. It doesn't just happen to baked goods your Sim or employees had to bake. It will happen no matter what you are selling (especially stuff on any shelf or table etc.) if you use MOO.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.