Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strap in for the Sims 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Gameplay

Comments

• Big_RonBig_Ron Posts: 2 New Member
    We all know why this is released, Disney ( Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Iger) Screwed the pooch on Star Wars Galaxy Edge, it was supposed to be Tattooing. she changed the name moved the the other side of the park and took out all things Star wars, its a shell of what it was supposed to be and now Disney is trying to Push this to save it, its already rumored to change the name back, and add legacy charters
  • JustynaCJustynaC Posts: 1 New Member
    So I may be completely missing something but.....my vampire sim went to Batuu, she doesn't have her plasma packs or fruit in her inventory and there no vampire interactions....she's getting pretty hungry and I'm not ready to go home....
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    JustynaC wrote: »
    So I may be completely missing something but.....my vampire sim went to Batuu, she doesn't have her plasma packs or fruit in her inventory and there no vampire interactions....she's getting pretty hungry and I'm not ready to go home....

Someone else commented on this problem in another thread. Hopefully EA will fix it.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • k3rr1k3rr1 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am stumped. I’m stuck on my second mission for the resistance “Risks and Rewards.” I’m supposed to disrupt the first order transmission, and it says there is a tower by the droid depot (I’m there) and I need to click on the control panned (I did) and disrupt their transmission (🤷🏻‍♀️). How do I do this?? Help!
  • marypoppins616marypoppins616 Posts: 4 New Member
    When I send my Sims to Batuu, instead of a world map coming up, it just shows a white screen. The sims who are going on "vacation" to Batuu are in the corner as if there were a world map for me to select from, but the place where the map would be is just white. I can't click on anything in the area, all I can do is press the "x" to go back home. I restarted a couple times. I ran a repair. I disabled all CC and mods. What should I do!?
  • PeacefulzonePeacefulzone Posts: 72 Member
    Is anyone else having no luck with BATUU not opening?
  • PeacefulzonePeacefulzone Posts: 72 Member
    CORRECTION..Is anyone having a challenge with Batuu? It will not open for me EA has not been any help
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Just want to say thanks! I love this game pack - having so much fun in Batuu!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    k3rr1 wrote: »
    I am stumped. I’m stuck on my second mission for the resistance “Risks and Rewards.” I’m supposed to disrupt the first order transmission, and it says there is a tower by the droid depot (I’m there) and I need to click on the control panned (I did) and disrupt their transmission (🤷🏻‍♀️). How do I do this?? Help!

Are you in the right place? You should be in the back where the streamers are all hanging from that tower in the middle. That is the correct tower and the panel in front. ANALYZE the panel once or twice until you get a green thumbs up in one of the three choices. Click it. At some point the DISRUPT option will appear.
  • BaishunBaishun Posts: 23 Member
    > @JustynaC said:
    > So I may be completely missing something but.....my vampire sim went to Batuu, she doesn't have her plasma packs or fruit in her inventory and there no vampire interactions....she's getting pretty hungry and I'm not ready to go home....

Go to the Black Spire area and click on the lodge where you rest. If you "Refresh" there it will fill your Hunger bar back up as well as refilling your Hygiene and Bladder meters. Just be careful if you're almost empty on Hunger when you do, as it will make you Feed Uncontrollably and affect your reputation, etc based on that.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Looks like we need some walkthru's as we had with World Adventures in Sims 3. There's probably more to this pack than we can find out without a manual!
  • k3rr1k3rr1 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Dannydanbo;c-17653508"][quote="k3rr1;c-17653013"]I am stumped. I’m stuck on my second mission for the resistance “Risks and Rewards.” I’m supposed to disrupt the first order transmission, and it says there is a tower by the droid depot (I’m there) and I need to click on the control panned (I did) and disrupt their transmission (🤷🏻‍♀️). How do I do this?? Help![/quote]

Are you in the right place? You should be in the back where the streamers are all hanging from that tower in the middle. That is the correct tower and the panel in front. ANALYZE the panel once or twice until you get a green thumbs up in one of the three choices. Click it. At some point the DISRUPT option will appear.[/quote]

Is it the control panel on the building right next to where the tower with streamers is? Or like the tower in the middle with streamers? I’ve hit every possible control panel on all the buildings analyzed, got the green thumb, and preformed that choice. Still nothing.
  • nicoiseastnicoiseast Posts: 3 New Member
    Has anyone got to the resistance mission where they have to access plans from the first order holotable?? mine keeps saying i need to impersonate a first order officer but i dont know what they want me to do, ive done everything else
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Are you in the right place? You should be in the back where the streamers are all hanging from that tower in the middle. That is the correct tower and the panel in front. ANALYZE the panel once or twice until you get a green thumbs up in one of the three choices. Click it. At some point the DISRUPT option will appear.

Is it the control panel on the building right next to where the tower with streamers is? Or like the tower in the middle with streamers? I’ve hit every possible control panel on all the buildings analyzed, got the green thumb, and preformed that choice. Still nothing.

It's the control panel on the tower in the middle of the square that all the streamers are tied to.
  • SmillySimmerSmillySimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Ever since yesterday, my game has crashed 3 times. It did it twice today. Please fix it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ever since yesterday, my game has crashed 3 times. It did it twice today. Please fix it.

Have you got the latest video drivers and OS updates? I just tend to go to Device Manager and update them there. Clearing Sims 4 cache helps too. I've noticed when my Window OS updates Origin does too.

I play with no Mods, Moo or CC though and maybe that might be your problem. I'm assuming you have a good machine and plenty of space.

I haven't had a crash yet. (crosses fingers)

• LaSchuiLaSchui Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="JustynaC;c-17652893"]So I may be completely missing something but.....my vampire sim went to Batuu, she doesn't have her plasma packs or fruit in her inventory and there no vampire interactions....she's getting pretty hungry and I'm not ready to go home....[/quote]

I have the same issue. Think I tried every control panel in the district but after I „obtain comm tower access codes“ there is no option to disrupt any transmission. The only interaction remaining is „practice slicing“. I‘m currently stuck with the resistance missions because of this. Really wanted to give this pack a fair shot...
  • LaSchuiLaSchui Posts: 3 New Member
    > @k3rr1 said:
    > I am stumped. I’m stuck on my second mission for the resistance “Risks and Rewards.” I’m supposed to disrupt the first order transmission, and it says there is a tower by the droid depot (I’m there) and I need to click on the control panned (I did) and disrupt their transmission (🤷🏻‍♀️). How do I do this?? Help!

Sorry, totally quoted the wrong answer. I mean I have THIS issue as well :)
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    LaSchui wrote: »
    JustynaC wrote: »

I have the same issue. Think I tried every control panel in the district but after I „obtain comm tower access codes“ there is no option to disrupt any transmission. The only interaction remaining is „practice slicing“. I‘m currently stuck with the resistance missions because of this. Really wanted to give this pack a fair shot...

Mouse over the mission and it will tell you exactly where and what to do.
  • PositivelySimfulPositivelySimful Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having some trouble too. First off since I got this pack, I get a blue screen crash every once in a while. I don't have much installed on my PC and never got these until a few hours after getting this GP, so I think they might be related.

Second, I'm doing scoundrel missions. It keeps telling me to buy stuff from Hondo, but all he ever has are dataspikes. I'm rank 2 and it says I've unlocked other things but all he ever has are dataspikes.

I was also on a mission that told me to go to the cantina, find the person with passcodes and give them drinks until they let it slip. I can't figure out how to identify the person with the passcode, and there is no option to give them drinks. I tried forming groups with people but it doesn't let me buy rounds of drinks like it usually does, and it doesn't give me the option to buy a drink for anyone but myself. When I buy drinks, I have no way to give it to anyone else... I tried even putting it in my inventory, but the only option I have is throw it away or drink it or put it in world. I tried putting it in front of other people, they may or may not drink it but then after it takes them an hour and a half to drink it they say goodbye and leave (making it impossible to get them to drink more than one). I even tried tending the bar for a day but no one comes in and orders from me and there is no option to make specific drinks.

So I'm stumped. Anyone know? Thanks.
    > @PositivelySimful said:
    >
    > I was also on a mission that told me to go to the cantina, find the person with passcodes and give them drinks until they let it slip. I can't figure out how to identify the person with the passcode, and there is no option to give them drinks. I tried forming groups with people but it doesn't let me buy rounds of drinks like it usually does, and it doesn't give me the option to buy a drink for anyone but myself. When I buy drinks, I have no way to give it to anyone else... I tried even putting it in my inventory, but the only option I have is throw it away or drink it or put it in world. I tried putting it in front of other people, they may or may not drink it but then after it takes them an hour and a half to drink it they say goodbye and leave (making it impossible to get them to drink more than one). I even tried tending the bar for a day but no one comes in and orders from me and there is no option to make specific drinks.
    >
    > So I'm stumped. Anyone know? Thanks.

It will usually be someone with a specific Faction title when you mouse over them, like "Scoundrel Contact" instead of just "Scoundrel". (It should match whatever the hover tip in the mission step says, usually.) When you find that person, you should get a dialogue option when speaking with them that says "Buy so-and-so a drink (5 credits)" or something similar. This will only show up after you've greeted them, and may not populate on your fist page of options. Sometimes these dialogues show up under normal categories like "Friendly", which is ridiculous but that's how it works.

I hope that helps!
    > @k3rr1 said:
    > I am stumped. I’m stuck on my second mission for the resistance “Risks and Rewards.” I’m supposed to disrupt the first order transmission, and it says there is a tower by the droid depot (I’m there) and I need to click on the control panned (I did) and disrupt their transmission (🤷🏻‍♀️). How do I do this?? Help!

So, I had this issue, and it drove me nuts. I was at the right tower, the one in the middle of that little square. I already had the codes, but when I clicked on that control panel, "Analyze" was grayed out and the only options I had were to "Practice Slicing" and the obvious "Disrupt Transmission". Every time I would choose the Disrupt Transmission option I would get all the way to the end of the attempt and suddenly shock myself near to death. The only way I got past it was pure luck, in that a First Order officer approached me to check my ID right as I was completing the hack attempt, keeping the shock form starting but giving me credit for the step. Not sure how repeatable that is. :/
    > @nicoiseast said:
    > Has anyone got to the resistance mission where they have to access plans from the first order holotable?? mine keeps saying i need to impersonate a first order officer but i dont know what they want me to do, ive done everything else

I'm stuck on the same mission. The hover tip on the step says we need to find a First Order officer and convince them to give us their uniform. I've buttered up like 10 officers and never get any dialogue for stripping them. So we're missing something. When I get back in I'm going to look for one person with that actual title "First Order Officer" rather than just "First Order", since that seems to have been important on some of the other missions in helping identify who we're supposed to be talking to.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    Baishun wrote: »
    > @nicoiseast said:
    > Has anyone got to the resistance mission where they have to access plans from the first order holotable?? mine keeps saying i need to impersonate a first order officer but i dont know what they want me to do, ive done everything else

I'm stuck on the same mission. The hover tip on the step says we need to find a First Order officer and convince them to give us their uniform. I've buttered up like 10 officers and never get any dialogue for stripping them. So we're missing something. When I get back in I'm going to look for one person with that actual title "First Order Officer" rather than just "First Order", since that seems to have been important on some of the other missions in helping identify who we're supposed to be talking to.

You can also get a uniform by joining their side and doing some low level missions.
    edited September 2020
    > @crocobaura said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You can also get a uniform by joining their side and doing some low level missions.

Right but then there's no way to complete that mission step to finish the mission. I already have all the actual First Order uniforms from going through the whole First Order mission tree and ranks, but putting on the uniform doesn't complete the step. I guess you actually have to do whatever the dialogue is to get the uniform from them, and that's what I'm struggling to figure out how to do.