Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easter Eggs & Fun Details

So, there are a lot of threads like this out there, but they're all either dead or centred on specific packs (if I'm wrong, please do post a link to a live thread). So, here's your new place to talk about any random details, Easter Eggs or references you find in game.

I'll start. So I was re-watching some old Strangerville LP someone did (I don't actually own the pack), when I noticed that the bar was called the Eight Bells. This is - I think, I seem to be the only person to have noticed this - a reference to the Ten Bells, a pub in Shoreditch, London, which was the centre of the Jack the Ripper cases. What little details have you noticed, in your own gameplay or others'?
banner.png

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I still like when angry Sims slam the refrigerator door.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    The way Sims slip in mud puddles cracks me up every time!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited September 2020
    I’m sure many players know already about this. But I love how some of the books reference books from the real world. Some of the book references include Love in the Time of Cholera, Game of Thrones/ASOIAF, Harry Potter (or maybe Percy Jackson, but I think it HP), and The Hunger Games.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    There is one I recently discovered, but I don't recall it now.
    Anyway, the Wolf Pytts camping objects from Outdoor Retreat are a reference to Bear Grylls (if I'm spelling it correctly, it's been a while since I watched Discovery).
    And (sorry for the SW thing, I know it's a sensitive subject today) the baby Yoda statue costs 504 simoleons, a reference to May the 4th.
    There's a brick wallpaper that was added to the basegame last year or the year before, it's called "Steve & Graham's habitat bricks", which I'm pretty sure has to do with the respective SimGurus (unless there's another Steve and Graham in popular culture that I'm unaware of, which isn't at all unthinkable).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    So many people eye roll it, but there will never be a day that I don’t laugh at take an angry poop. I am an immature human being and I have zero regrets.
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    The 'Catrina Doll' decor referencing Bonehilda. I want her back :'(
    37mfj.png