Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can apply CC to new sims but one sim is "immune"?!

ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
One of my sims behaves different than others. CC in CAS is not in the list. But the CC I applied to the sim before is still there.

For testing purposes I created a new sim and I could apply CC just fine because it was all in the lists as expected. I even found some broken items which I deleted thanks to tray importer showing the broken items.

I have a mod for columns but I updated it so its not that and it doesnt mess with other sims with CC.

This lack of CC options on one sim makes no sense to me.

Comments

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited July 2020
    What kind of CC? Clothing, hair, skin details? You could try using "Change Sim" and see if that gives you the right options. You can also try using the cheat "testingcheats true" and then "cas.fulleditmode," then shift-clicking the sim to change in CAS. That should give you every option available to a new sim.

If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Does he/she has some custom body shape or something? Maybe that's the reason why the CC is not showing up?
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    What kind of CC? Clothing, hair, skin details?
    All kind of CC. Even when starting the game and going directly to the editor there should be CC visible even without the cheats activates. Cheats are always active once I load a lot because I got them in file form to always have them active without thinking about it.
    logion wrote: »
    Does he/she has some custom body shape or something? Maybe that's the reason why the CC is not showing up?
    I dont think I have something like that.
    It seems this problem has now spread to other sims. They appear modded like I modified them last time when there was no problem, but in CAS there is virtually no modded item.
    Then I create a new sim and the items are all there. like they should be. It makes little sense.
    I discovered that its not individual sims but households. My oldest household has lots of CC but in CAS there is like 1% of my CC available but the 99% thats not visible in the menus is still on my sims. Look:
    39928790md.jpg

As you can see there is CC on the sim but no CC in the list. Doesnt make any sense to me.
    @rosemow Get your butt in here! (with a strawberry on top of course :wink: )
    So, after some more testing I still dont know what causes this problem but I found a fix. But I learned a few things. It only seems to affect current existing vampires, not newly created vampires, its not because of CC or script mods.

I temporarily removed all script mods, moved even CC but nothing helped until I moved one member of the household to another household which has access to CC, opened the household in CAS, could edit that sim again and moved him back to the original household. And voila, the entire household has access to CC again. Infact it seems to have fixed it for all vampires.

Its like its a bug that affects a household and can be cured by infecting it with access to CC in another household. It doesnt make sense but it works now.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Very strange indeed. You may already have but try repairing your game. I have never heard of this....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(