Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To Look real or not real????

How do you like your sims to look???? if they looked more real would you treat them differently?? Do you treat them and play them the way you do because of the way they look. would you like the option of how they looked. cartoonish, or real as real as some other games make them look. or would you like them to look more cartoonish?? Lets hear your point of view???
Personally I would like them to look more real. what about you??? i wouldn't mind investing my time in their simulated lives if they looked real, and i wouldnt delete them or change them as often as i do. Or at all.

Comments

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I wouldn't want sims to look like real human beings, because they're not to me. I very much like the art style of TS4, its cartoon'ish, but not too much. And no matter how much I love TS1-3, 4 just looks better to me. I want my sims to be goofy and weird, I'm not looking for realism in sims at all. 100% realistic sims would be too weird for me.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    No, I prefer the cartoony style. I think the game would lose all it's charm if they made the sims look more realistic.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    I prefer the more cartoon style of the Sims 2 and 4 personally.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited September 2020
    I like the more realistic look, and less extreme expressions. If they ever make a sequel then I don't think that they should go with the "clay hair" at least. And maybe also smaller heads, some of their premade sims have really large heads.

• KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I've seen some amazing realistic-looking sims created with CC (the ones with clay hair instead of alpha were especially gorgeous) but I prefer to keep mine cartoonish :) I wouldn't mind a more realistic switch in the sims 5 though.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't care for over-realism, when games are like that it just feels like it's trying too hard to be realistic. I like the artstyle of Sims 4 and I always keep my game maxis match because I like the look of it. If they brought a different graphics style for the next sims game I wouldn't be mad though.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    When Sims 4 came out, my knee-jerk reaction was unhappy because I wanted more realistic, but the cartoon-ness has really grown on me. "Realistic" gets outdated-looking really quickly as graphics improve, so all that realistic cc from the Sims 3 days doesn't look as impressive anymore. The cartoony style from Sims 4 still looks cartoony, like it did several years ago. I doesn't look quite as dated as it actually is, so I'm voting not-real. Not that realistic isn't beautiful, it is, but what they did seems to have worked out.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member
    I would love to see Sims with a photorealistic art style, but it may feel weird playing it. Still, I’d like to see what it looks like.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    It depends on what my playing style is at the moment. In general, I would want my Sims to look as real as possible (moreso than they do now), but in some instances, I will intentionally disfigure them in CAS to look odd, and sometimes even non-human
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I do not like the sims cartoony look and clay hair .... AT ALL!

That was one of my biggest gripes when I first saw TS4.

I prefer a little more realistic looking sims and worlds, and not the dollhouse style they chose to go with. I don't want photorealistic sims that look like a real person like some games have, but definitely more real without that ugly playdough hair.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    When it comes to character realism, the Sims is showing it's age. 6 years ago it might have been acceptable, but time has moved on and characters look so much more life-like nowadays...except for in TS4. I'm hoping TS5 will address this
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I love my sims more because they don't look too real. I can see real people in real life plus it kinda creeps me out to play with the lives of real looking people. And I think I feel more bonded with them this way.

I think the art style is (almost) perfect. Though strangely I love the way they look in realistic cc hair and clothes. I cannot stand the clay hair.
    The only this I want is more real life seriousness and not so goofy expressions.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited September 2020
    I much prefer TS4 art style over the previous games, but I dislike the exaggerated cartoony reactions to literally everything and absolutely nothing. That can be toned down about 1000 notches. I’d rather them not be too realistic though. Maybe a mix of the current style but improved in some ways.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    what about better formed. still keeping the cartoonish look but better rounded, more 3d?????
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I want my sims to FEEL real, like they did before The Sims 4, because their personalities had more of an effect on what they would do. How they LOOK doesn’t matter nearly as much to me as how they ACT.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It's a little cartoony and that is fine, and I don't go hunting for photorealistic skin or eye CC.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I like Sims 4 sims to be cartoonish as that matches the artwork. I like Sims 3 sim to be more realistic for the same reason.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Personally never really want the sims to ever be real as I would be creeped out by it! I always see sims as bunch of silly cartoons
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I like a halfway point best. There needs to be some realism, to foster identifying with them as characters, but with enough differences to foster a sense of fantasy.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    In Sims 4 I prefer maxis match in Sims 3 I prefer the realism likeness that Sims 3 art gives. I have tried the realism that some wonderful cc creators have provided us with but I went back to MM.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Later Sims 2 to Sims 4 for art style... Although I tend to stick with Maxis Match style in all of all of my games and use default replacements when I need to.

Sims 2 is a very old yet still gold game. I like the style of it but it still needs to be updated and refreshed with new eyes, skin, clothes, hair, furniture. Although I love the original style so I tend to keep the look close to the original while also making it look better.

(Same thing with the Sims 4 when it comes to make up, hair and clothes from the base game)

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Sims 4 style. As long as it isn't anything like Sim 3 Sims.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    I would like visually hyper-realistic Sims with the option to make them cartoony via proportions (like giant heads and eyes, et cetera). I like gameplay to be more fantasy-based/cartoony though.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    no doubt you have seen the Forge advert, what about sims that look like that??? the technology is there, so if and when sims5 does come out, I'm wondering how they will look. if they look lik ethe forge characters in the advert I would be more than happy if their going for cartoon again.