Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

9/3 Patch Is Crashing My Game!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Something sure seems to be going on.

I verified again that it is just 1 Sim that is defective in the household. If I play him, the game crashes almost immediately. So I played his wife instead, and had her talk to him. That went fine, but as soon as she started walking toward him to give him a kiss, instant crash. Apparently he's just cursed now...
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    When clicking on Sims 4 to try to update the game Origin crashed for me. I had to launch origin to make the patch work.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    I've never had Origin crash, that's odd. But I bet we've got more patches coming very, very soon....EA must know what's going on by now
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Ahh I count myself lucky.

Had my first crashes three days ago, but it was after getting ww mod, so removed the mod.

Then when the update came i made a backup of my save. Then realised that I’m way to lazy to go through the process of putting cc back on sims so just left the mod folder in it’s place and updated while thinking “if it crashes it’s your own fault”

No crash, I’m blessed *knocks on wood*
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    My sims stand for hours not doing anything even if their needs are low. And even when I click them to do sth, they do not always listen.
    Also, sth that I hadn't noticed before, they stay at work 3-4 hours longer (I don't know if this was always the case) and when I send them to sleep the bar starts to fill up before they actually go to sleep.
    These are what I have noticed.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I managed to sort out the issue on my own yesterday.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Cassieb95 wrote: »
    My sims stand for hours not doing anything even if their needs are low. And even when I click them to do sth, they do not always listen.
    Also, sth that I hadn't noticed before, they stay at work 3-4 hours longer (I don't know if this was always the case) and when I send them to sleep the bar starts to fill up before they actually go to sleep.
    These are what I have noticed.

I've had the same problem with sims standing and not fulfilling their needs. I also have a problem trying to build. Only Maxis doors and windows will work, when I try to use CC windows or doors they do not work. I place them and they go into the wall and only the frame is visible.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    If you use MCCC and Tmex-BetterBuildBuy using your sims computer find MC Settings then notification/console/menue setting then console command settings and disable debug commands in cheats.

My game was crashing and I did some reading. My game is fine now.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My game crashed for the first time today but I always hit save every 6 game hours so I lost nothing really.

If the low bills is indeed a bug I'm enjoying it. I'm also enjoying a bug that seems to reset food freshness once it's taken from the fridge.

I discovered a problem with doors in Dresden House, Windenburg being walled over. I had to delete and replace.
  • Options
    Ahh I count myself lucky.

Had my first crashes three days ago, but it was after getting ww mod, so removed the mod.

Then when the update came i made a backup of my save. Then realised that I’m way to lazy to go through the process of putting cc back on sims so just left the mod folder in it’s place and updated while thinking “if it crashes it’s your own fault”

No crash, I’m blessed *knocks on wood*

I had the ww mod both before and after I started having crashing problems. It worked great before the patches, but after that it broke the mod. Thankfully ww released a new version that same day
  • Options
    Just crashed on me twice in a 30 minute period, and in a different save than the last time it crashed. This is getting ridiculous...
  • Options
    tenekoxtenekox Posts: 2 New Member
    > @logion said:
    > From my experience, the game crashing is either because of a:
    > * Corrupt savegame
    > * Corrupt sim, with corrupt relationships.
    > * Corrupt lot, like a lot which no longer have a lot trait that works properly.
    >
    >
    > Does it still crash if you clear the cache and try to start a new game without mods?

Fresh install. 0 mods.
  • Options
    navyboy12navyboy12 Posts: 68 Member
    I have the same problem since i updated my game! I took all my custom stuff and mods out of my game before i updated then added it back in and within ten minutes the game crashes !! I updated all my cc and mods also. This is one of the reasons why i stopped playing the sims 4 years ago is because of the same reason! Maxis needs to stop fixing things then breaking others! ( just frustrated of the whole thing)
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I hope they fix this soon, it’s really terrible
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    If you use MCCC, I noticed there was an update for that. I am actually Patron so I go the 7.4 update and it works great so far "knock on wood."
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    I uninstalled my mod and tried playing again--no difference. It doesn't seem to affect every save, but more ominously, what I'm noticing is that whatever is wrong seems to be spreading from save to save (almost like an infection). I've lost 2 saves so far...