Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 expansion "Murder at the Manor" leaked?

Comments

• BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited September 2020
    keekee53 wrote: »
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    This better not be real. After Star Wars that nearly no one asked for, the Expansion Pack darn well needs to be something that people actually want.

Well they listed all the wants and said they will not be part the Expansion Pack LOL. I am hoping it is not anything out in left field again.

Romance (destination weddings) and Winter themes were not on the list so hopefully it is one of the two.

That's the thing, there's still tons and tons of things that people want that aren't even on that excluded list. That just shows how frustrating it is that they ignore all of that stuff and go for weird stuff like this (hopefully this isn't real). There's a saying that you can't please everyone, and that is most certainly true, but it should also be understand that if you're not even trying to please anyone, you're doing a bad job.

EDIT: I see it's confirmed fake. Thank goodness.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    well mark my words this most likely would have been more useful to me than whatever the real ep is gonna be

I have low expectations cause last 3 packs (aside from knitting) were all something I have quite small interest in (if any)

soo idk man would they suddenly make me super happy with best ep ever? seems unlikely (not entirely impossible if its romance, asia travel,past theme or happy haunts) but like :/ don't think so

stars are just not in position for me this year. stars can not do it for me :disappointed: not this year

The stars really are saying no to us this year, aren't they? Honestly, this is the worst Sims 4 year so far. But I do have hope that the next EP might be good, or should I say "ok". I mean, after 3 fails, they have to come up with something better, specially considering it's coming in november and there's all the sales and stuff.

I would definitely enjoy a pack like this if it wad a GP, but as an EP yikes
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited September 2020
    Simmingal wrote: »
    well mark my words this most likely would have been more useful to me than whatever the real ep is gonna be

I have low expectations cause last 3 packs (aside from knitting) were all something I have quite small interest in (if any)

soo idk man would they suddenly make me super happy with best ep ever? seems unlikely (not entirely impossible if its romance, asia travel,past theme or happy haunts) but like :/ don't think so

stars are just not in position for me this year. stars can not do it for me :disappointed: not this year

The stars really are saying no to us this year, aren't they? Honestly, this is the worst Sims 4 year so far. But I do have hope that the next EP might be good, or should I say "ok". I mean, after 3 fails, they have to come up with something better, specially considering it's coming in november and there's all the sales and stuff.

I would definitely enjoy a pack like this if it wad a GP, but as an EP yikes

well if they actually went with manor theme I feel like build buy would have been so awesome though

like idk pretty much all my build wants are really things that exist in old manors :sweat_smile: and overall it just gives me "old world living" vibes

also i love hercule poirot so :sweat_smile:
    I pretty much already play my game like its hercule poirot episode

though the criminals don't get caught cause i don't have hercule sim :joy:
    don't really care about investigating
    just like playing lots of evil sims doing their shady stuff in old worldly setting :sunglasses:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Mmm I just don't see the sims franchise straight up using the word "murder" like that. Don't think that will ever be a feature.
  • ShaeBaeSimm3rShaeBaeSimm3r Posts: 1 New Member
    This would be a fun GAMEpack so I’m hoping this isn’t true. Expansion packs are supposed to bring a lot to new game play like city living introduced apartments, island living introduced Mermaids and island life and off the grid living, eco living introduced clean energy expanded on off the grid living, and a ton of other stuff. Murder at the manor is going to be like stranger things where it’ll have prompts and have a specific gameplay. When I think of game packs I think of one or two game play styles because they are fairly small. When I think of expansion packs I think of it opening doors to many different styles of gameplay! Plus I don’t see them calling is murder at the manor, I see them calling it something like mystery at the manor since younger folk play this and Sims doesn’t want to introduce murder to younger children (I would hope or assume)
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

so i hope this is a lesson to everyone not to trust videos either, they can easily be faked as well.

also, i hope no one is following this person. what a [word here that will turn into flowers if i say it so i wont]
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Well it’s not exactly a surprise it’s a leak there is no way ea would have murder in the game let alone in the title. It’s a shame as I think it would have made a fun pack but maybe more a gamepack than expansion.
  • SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't think that "murder mystery" is super mature and it could work in The Sims if the deaths happen off-screen. Games like Clue are family friendly and a lot of middle schoolers read murder mystery books.

Oops nevermind, turns out it's fake.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

so i hope this is a lesson to everyone not to trust videos either, they can easily be faked as well.

also, i hope no one is following this person. what a [word here that will turn into flowers if i say it so i wont]

Oh well, the speculation was fun and broke the monotony for awhile. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    Mmm I just don't see the sims franchise straight up using the word "murder" like that. Don't think that will ever be a feature.

I agree.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I seriously doubt this is real, them putting Murder into the title? Pretty sure that’s not rated T, they would never get away from that. Mystery at the Manor maybe, but not murder....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Murder before Burglars :| it has to be fake
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    It seems fake though I lowkey wish it was real.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I just don't understand why someone would purposely make something like this and pretend it's a leak considering how riled up most simmers are right now. Makes no sense.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'm so glad it's fake actually, though I'm sorry for those who were interested. It seemed to be too linear or closed storyline gameplay, much like Strangerville.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I just don't understand why someone would purposely make something like this and pretend it's a leak considering how riled up most simmers are right now. Makes no sense.

Likely to get attention, and to feed their own ego if they managed to make it convincing enough to fool everyone.

I'm not disappointed it's fake, but I'm sorry for anyone who was really excited about the idea.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    I wouldn't mind at all if this was indeed real, even if it was a "story based" pack. It's at least a story that I wouldn't mind doing. I'm not into sci-fi or Star Wars so those were definitely passes for me, but I would for sure get this one. Plus the CAS and Build/Buy would be more useful for every day realistic players too.

IMO this is exactly why the game has moved in the direction it's moving. Folks willing to pay money for recycled gameplay & simplified gameplay features. whatever happened to caring what an expansion pack brought to a game in terms of NEW AND UNIQUE GAMEPLAY not simply merely graphical features i.e. clothes and living objects (that don't include any means for interaction)?? Is it the old "well yesterday all they offered was a french fry so I took it, today all they offered me was half of that french fry, so I took it, tomorrow I hear I'll be offered a quarter of a fry....so...." C'mon!!
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    wow! no wonder the game community MAY be in a period of a bit of divisiveness, the idea that new types of death, new inanimate objects, and recycled story-based gameplay would justify an expansion pack by some replies in this thread. EA LOVES that kind of a consumer. MORE MONEY FOR THEM, less cost to make!
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited September 2020
    That pack looks so good so it's probably fake LOL. I would never expect them to come up with such great content for a Sims 4 EP. I mean I love this game but we're 6 years into this and none of them have really blown my mind like past generations. The way they described it looked more like a Game Pack so that was my first warning.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't know why players are in a tizzy about a "murder" pack. We love killing our sims. The first two questions we ask are "Any new woohoo spots?" and "Any new ways to die?". If the sight were real, it sounded as if you show up SFTER the murder, not witness it. This happens in the Police career too. If it's not real, I hope the devs see how much a Murder Mystery pack would wanted.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020
    gnelso1239 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind at all if this was indeed real, even if it was a "story based" pack. It's at least a story that I wouldn't mind doing. I'm not into sci-fi or Star Wars so those were definitely passes for me, but I would for sure get this one. Plus the CAS and Build/Buy would be more useful for every day realistic players too.

IMO this is exactly why the game has moved in the direction it's moving. Folks willing to pay money for recycled gameplay & simplified gameplay features. whatever happened to caring what an expansion pack brought to a game in terms of NEW AND UNIQUE GAMEPLAY not simply merely graphical features i.e. clothes and living objects (that don't include any means for interaction)?? Is it the old "well yesterday all they offered was a french fry so I took it, today all they offered me was half of that french fry, so I took it, tomorrow I hear I'll be offered a quarter of a fry....so...." C'mon!!

Ok you obviously misunderstood what I said. Let me reiterate exactly what I said "I wouldn't mind at all if this was indeed real, even if it was a "story based" pack. It's at least a story that I wouldn't mind doing". I did NOT buy Star Wars just for the build/buy, I won't be buying Star Wars AT ALL..... because that does not interest me in any, way, shape, or form. But regarding the fake Murder Mystery pack, that WOULD have interested me, so I would more than likely have bought it and the fact that build/buy and CAS would also be able to be used in other gameplay after the mystery was solved, would make it more appealing to me.

Not once did I state I buy anything JUST for CAS and Build/Buy stuff, I'm not a "completionist", I could care less if I own every pack, in my mind that's a waste of my money to buy something that I would never use, just to complete a collection. There's been quite a few packs I have passed on because they did not INTEREST me, regardless of what was in it.

So, do not try to plunk me into the "folks willing to pay money for recycled gameplay and simplified gameplay features" category.

TS4 is all about recycled animations and simplified gameplay. Always has been, always will be. That's just a fact.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Please no. I really don't want a murder mystery themed pack. That was one of the very last things I voted for in that survey awhile back. If not the last.

Really hoping this is a fake. I'm not big on the idea of farming, but I would much prefer that over murder mystery.

What would you like?

I'd be up for a number of different things.
    - The Happy Haunts theme from the Stuff Pack votes
    - Literally any supernatural themed pack. Werewolves, faeries, demons, etc.
    - Superheroes
    - High School/Teenager Centric Pack

Just to name a few. If they combined murder mystery with supernatural/occult I'd be more up for it. It's just a normal murder-mystery isn't intriguing.

Like if they did Happy Haunts + Murder Mystery themed, that's be totally fine.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Found this on Reddit it's posted for three years ago.

New world featuring 4 manors and one empty lot.

Sims can be invited to, or ask to attend, or hold a posh masquerade party event (featuring fancy new clothes) at these mansions (featuring fancy new furniture). The clothing is all masquerade ball stuff, but the furniture is mostly extravagant nonsense, not themed furniture sets for a fancy mansion. The scuba tank and Skydiving Machine from Sims Superstar, for example. The rest is all extravagant decor or stupid stuff like a platinum plumbob chandelier or a giant crystal llama or a Throne made of roses called "Every Rose Has Its Throne" or something silly.

The heft of the game pack comes from how in the early stages of the party, someone is...well, murdered. From here, you essentially enter into a game of Clue. You know the murder didn't take place in the room you were in. You know the murder didn't take place with an item that was in that room. And you know that the murderer wasn't someone who was in the room with you.

From there, Sims (NPCs and player alike) go around the house trying to figure out who the murderer was.

The pack includes multiple new death types. Things like "death from poison" or "death from giant indoor scuba tank" (a staple of any modern mansion) or "death from plumbob chandelier", which play into the game. The murdered sim immediately shows up as a ghost of their murdered death type and demands justice, which amuses the reaper, so he agrees to bring them back. Sometimes it'd be possible for the death to be entirely accidental (especially if the death is from the chandelier), and if you deduce properly, the ghost gets revived and then re-dies of embarassment.

It could feature some series staple NPCs like Ms. Crumplebottom! Mr. and Mrs. Crumplebottom hold an event, and Mr. Crumplebottom is killed by a chandelier, just like in the other games...wow! That'd be so cool.

I'm not sure how big of an appeal this would have but it's just an idea :D

https://reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/61nw0x/game_pack_idea_the_sims_4_murder_mystery/

They said they've been working on this pack for at least a year... so who knows. Another pack that sounds like a one-time playthrough. (If it's true)

I like this. I've been wanting a murder mystery pack for a long while now. I can see a small world the size of Forgotten Hollow (only sunny during the day an maybe, foggy at night) somewhere in the English countryside. Four large estates with an empty lot to build your own. At a party, someone gets murdered, we don't see it, so we have no clue who done it. It's up to your sim and the constable to ask questions, gather clues and make an arrest before more party guests are killed.

If they can come up with 50 missions for JtB then they can come up with 50 murder scenarios. I'd buy this in a hot minute.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Somebody explain this, before this happens!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Assumed it was fake glad it is I do not want another linear story driven pack ever again give me some sandbox game play available in every world.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top