Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No SW alien masks and faceprints on Batuu :(

BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
Now we can make different types of aliens using hats and faceprints from the Star Wars GP. I was very excited about this feature, I wanted to create alien sims which look like twi'leks and others... So I created one sim using a green tattooed faceprint and made her visit Batuu. And... I was really disappointed! While the masks and faceprints are a part of the pack there is no option to use them in Batuu outfits! They are just not available while planning Batuu outfit :'(

Is it a bug? Or does it works as it was meant to? I feel really disappointed about it.

Comments

• KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    It was intentional. I’m sorry you’re disappointed :/
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    As far as I understand it's intentional, but I don't understand why. Maybe the masks don't work with all of the "batuu" outfits that are available.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Komura wrote: »

How strange... Why make them available in CAS, if we can't use them only on Batuu? I'm just trying to see a reason.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think it's because you're not supposed to impersonate the characters. :neutral:
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Brinn wrote: »
    Komura wrote: »

How strange... Why make them available in CAS, if we can't use them only on Batuu? I'm just trying to see a reason.

Honestly I don’t understand either, the Sims is supposed to be a sandbox game. Seems really off to me to limit what people can and can’t do in almost any aspect of this game. This pack however is apparently full of limitations like this, I’m sure modders will be able to fix it though so that you have more control over how your sim presents themself :smiley:
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think it's because you're not supposed to impersonate the characters. :neutral:

Then what's the point of the pack? I get it if they put restrictions on rey and kylo (not that I agree with these restrictions) but we are not even allowed to play the other aliens? I was planning on playing a twilek.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Wait I don't have the pack so I'm confused and might be reading this wrong. Is this saying we can't use the alien head masks when we visit Batuu?
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    Wait I don't have the pack so I'm confused and might be reading this wrong. Is this saying we can't use the alien head masks when we visit Batuu?

Yes, that's what it means.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    Funny. I thought James gave his sim an alien hat while she was on batuu during his gameplay review.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Yup, I am sure Disney research the Sims universe thoroughly and decided to do everything in their power to prevent their characters and world from appearing in blogs and videos created with adult mods.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Yup, I am sure Disney research the Sims universe thoroughly and decided to do everything in their power to prevent their characters and world from appearing in blogs and videos created with adult mods.

I saw someone already used Kylo and Rey to make an itsy bitsy tiny baby. :love:

I don't think it's the reason because all this content is available through CAS without any mods. That's what makes me feel confused: we can legally create a sim in an alien mask, but we can't use this mask while being on Batuu.
    Are you guys sure it's not actually a bug? Did Gurus talk about it?
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    This has to be a glitch or something? The tweet says the First Order will be species-ist against you if you are wearing one. They can't do that if you can't wear one.

edited September 2020

By traditional WooHoo, or other means? Also, is it a Kylo that shipped with the game, or one you downloaded from the gallery?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    This has to be a glitch or something? The tweet says the First Order will be species-ist against you if you are wearing one. They can't do that if you can't wear one.

@Akil I think Romeo meant this will only happen if you get romantically involved with an already existing alien and put them in your family. That means the alien will already be wearing the mask when joining the family.

I don't think it's the reason because all this content is available through CAS without any mods. That's what makes me feel confused: we can legally create a sim in an alien mask, but we can't use this mask while being on Batuu.

You know this could actually be the case since they recreated a Disney theme park and in real life if you've ever been to a Disney park you know there is a rule that doesn't allow you to dress up like Disney characters. They literally won't let you in if you dress up as them.
    I know it's frustrating but I think it is intentional because of that reason.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member

By traditional WooHoo, or other means? Also, is it a Kylo that shipped with the game, or one you downloaded from the gallery?

I think thus far people have been using MCCC to "start pregnancy" and designate Kylo Ren as the father. The Kylo Ren sim in the game has the capacity to impregnate, he's just not able to do or receive romance interactions. You can cheat to add them to your household, and they'll be able to do romance options, but that might also break the game, since you've just removed a quest-giver from their role.

@Akil I think Romeo meant this will only happen if you get romantically involved with an already existing alien and put them in your family. That means the alien will already be wearing the mask when joining the family.

You know this could actually be the case since they recreated a Disney theme park and in real life if you've ever been to a Disney park you know there is a rule that doesn't allow you to dress up like Disney characters. They literally won't let you in if you dress up as them.
    I know it's frustrating but I think it is intentional because of that reason.

Yup, in the case of the RL parks it’s a safety measure to prevent those with ill intentions approaching children. But in the case of the game it would be intended to not have their actual characters appearing in blogs and videos as I said in compromising positions, in the context of their world of Batuu. Disney keeps a very tight grip on their image and marketing and that of their characters and other copyrighted assets. If a sim in a costume in Willow Creek is engaging in “unsavory” behavior due to a mod that’s one thing, but no way are they not going to try and prevent their actual character in an actual Star Wars world from being in that circumstance.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Don't forget to tell your story, But you have to do it our way, So no alien powers or aliens!
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Hmmm, I'm using one of the new alien masks on my sim in Batuu wKqlhd8.png So I don't know why you can't. My sim is an actual alien, I wonder if that makes a difference.
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I just posted in the Mods thread about how we obviously need a mod to unlock all CAS items for our Sims on Batuu. I’m so upset that they did this...
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
    CelSims wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm using one of the new alien masks on my sim in Batuu wKqlhd8.png So I don't know why you can't. My sim is an actual alien, I wonder if that makes a difference.

Did you choose the mask through the "Plan Batuu outfit" interaction? My sim is an alien too but I have no option to choose these masks. Do you have any mods that could make some outfits available?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Did you choose the mask through the "Plan Batuu outfit" interaction? My sim is an alien too but I have no option to choose these masks. Do you have any mods that could make some outfits available?

Yes they were available once I traveled there and I selected it from the Plan Batuu Outfit CAS. I have all my CAS available, all packs. The only mod I use that may be effecting it is MCCC. I took at quick look at my settings in that but I get lost and can't find anything to do with CAS.

Yes they were available once I traveled there and I selected it from the Plan Batuu Outfit CAS. I have all my CAS available, all packs. The only mod I use that may be effecting it is MCCC. I took at quick look at my settings in that but I get lost and can't find anything to do with CAS.

There is definitely a mod that affects CAS in your game because by default the "Batuu outfit" options are limited to the clothing which comes with the SW pack.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Ugh, I am annoyed by the lack of clothing and hat options on Batuu. At least we can use many of our normal accessories (although some cc accessories won't work with the Batuu outfits).
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: