Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So the lightsaber animations are reused from the acting career in Get Famous? (Are we shocked)

sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
Can someone confirm this? Apparently the animations from the sword fight in the acting career with Get Famous is reused for the lightsaber battles. I'm not shocked at them doing this but I am shocked that they even did it based on the backlash with Eco Lifestyle and how the bug box reuses the same animations from the hamster.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They do not care if they have to reuse objects and animations. They’ve been doing it for many packs and for many years now. At this point, it just is what it is. There seems to be outrage once the community realizes that they did it again, but it quickly dies out.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    If you are going to criticize the pack why did you buy it? No one forced you to spend money on the thing. That being said there hasn’t been a single pack that has been worth getting to get me personally back into playing. I knew this pack would get old after awhile it’s like every other pack but as a collector of sims games I bought it. I like the hair and some of the clothes so to me it’s ok.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hmm...

I think it makes sense to reuse those animations so I am perfectly happy.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm not against reusing animations to be honest. Sometimes things don't need new animations, I'd rather they add more stuff rather than spending more time making animations basically the same as ones already there.
  • aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm not against reusing animations to be honest. Sometimes things don't need new animations, I'd rather they add more stuff rather than spending more time making animations basically the same as ones already there.

Okay. But what is actually new game play they have added in this pack? Like truly new? Because I don't see it.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't believe that they are reused... the sword fighting in Get Famous was just the same swinging where they ended up locking their swords...

In this one it looks more varied:

https://youtu.be/QmUNN9NOl80?t=1736
    timestamped video so you can just click on it and see the lightsaber fight.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    If you are going to criticize the pack why did you buy it? No one forced you to spend money on the thing. That being said there hasn’t been a single pack that has been worth getting to get me personally back into playing. I knew this pack would get old after awhile it’s like every other pack but as a collector of sims games I bought it. I like the hair and some of the clothes so to me it’s ok.

Girl what? I didn't buy the pack. And am not going to buy it.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    aleeeexxxp wrote: »

Okay. But what is actually new game play they have added in this pack? Like truly new? Because I don't see it.

The new gameplay is the missions. But they are really basic, at least the ones I saw that you get at the start, maybe they will get more complex later on, don't know. It's things like check ID of 3 sims and empty 3 supply crates and deliver them to the big boss and the supply crates are right there in front of you and the big boss. You also run a lot, I expect my fat sims will get fit really fast. And there's only one toilet.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Repurposing assets where possible makes sense. In any case, I don't have, and am not interested in, Get Famous, so it's new to me.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Some buy packs to be able to criticize it, others because they're a collector or because they like the hair or some of the clothes. Personally I don't understand either.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    aleeeexxxp wrote: »

The new gameplay is the missions. But they are really basic, at least the ones I saw that you get at the start, maybe they will get more complex later on, don't know. It's things like check ID of 3 sims and empty 3 supply crates and deliver them to the big boss and the supply crates are right there in front of you and the big boss. You also run a lot, I expect my fat sims will get fit really fast. And there's only one toilet.

The emptying crates animation isn’t new. It wouldn’t surprise me if check ID is recycled either.

There isn’t any new game play, no Jedi skill, no Light saber skill. No use the force. It’s one big “walk here, do this, go back to original place and report to some npc.”

James Turner had his sim arrest another sim which is the fighting animation. His sim lost and the sim he was meant to arrest walked off and didn’t get arrested. Mission failed right?

Wrong. He reported back that the arrest didn’t go well, he got rewarded and he levelled up. For failing🤦‍♀️
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    Do you have to get a light saber by going to the Star War hood and buying it there ? Is there no other way?
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    If I wanted to have a sword fight with glowsticks, I'd go to a rave.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

What the heck? If you buy something and discover a flaw, you shouldn't criticise it? Please make sense.

ETA: And stop being toxic
    If you going to criticize a pack without first playing it. Is what I meant to say see if you don't buy it and just watch people on youtube play it who are you to criticize a pack you never bought? To be fair the pack has potential for people who love to decorate houses which is me. After watching lilsimsies review I realized that it could be fun to have a sim child be a diehard fan of Star Wars and decorate their room with the pack.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Disney didn't have any issues with EA using old animations. It saves time and money. Welcome to the world of the Sims the cash cow of EA.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Why would they create an entirely new animation for swordfighting just because they added a different model of sword?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2020
    Disney didn't have any issues with EA using old animations. It saves time and money. Welcome to the world of the Sims the cash cow of EA.

It'd be pretty strange if they DID have a problem with it considering Disney reuses animations in their movies all the time:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU21shbaVBo

Honestly, I have no problem with it.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    You never know, they might have been working on Starwars lightsaber animations looooong before Get famous and with get famous just used some of the Starwar animations ;) Although if you actually do a swordfight vs lightsaber one, there is deffinetly more starwarsy going on with the lightsaber one as the sword one ;)
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

It'd be pretty strange if they DID have a problem with it considering Disney reuses animations in their movies all the time:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU21shbaVBo

Honestly, I have no problem with it.

That was interesting.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Repurposing existing assets is a good use of resources. Thrift is a virtue.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Reusing animations doesn't bother me so far.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Reusing animations wouldn‘t be that bad if the freed resources were used on gameplay development but where is the gameplay in SWJTB? Lazy animations, lazy gameplay, lazy human sims in alien face. Honestly, where is our money going?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top