Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plot a Course to The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

Comments

• navyboy12navyboy12 Posts: 68 Member
    i actually just purchased this pack this morning but cannot play it due to my game crashing every ten minutes!! #angryface I am a huge star wars fan and was excited to see this pack . I just wish Maxis would please listen to what the fans really want in their games and at least try to meet them half way.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I went to purchase it and I got a "this page cannot be found" message. Did they pull it back or something?
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
    I don't really see the problem with putting Star Wars into the sims. With the kind of game it is you could probably get away with adding all kinds of stuff.

We have Mr and Mrs Average with their 2.4 kids living in suburbia, and down the road is an alien, a vampire and a mermaid shacking up together. Parading down the street in weird and wacky clothing is a famous filmstar, overtaken by a spellcaster on a broomstick. Oh, and along comes Grimmy into the midst of it all to collect the soul of someone who died laughing.

So why not add a stormtroopers or a jedi to the mix? Makes perfect sense to me :D

I agree! The Sims is such a campy, loveable little world. I love that it's such a mix of mundane and fantastic.

Me too. I love my little Sims World. It has bee a boredom saver during the quarantine but I have been playing since 2000 so I have no complaints. They can add any packs they want. It only adds more interest to the game.

I made a comment expressing my disappointment in this pack, but then I realized that we are living in a very negatively impacted country and world right now. So, I would just like to say that every pack is different and some will love it and some won't. I love the knitting pack and even laundry. I love to have my sims involved in interactive activities, things they can do together and knitting is really a great addition to that theme. Finding the positive when there is so much negative maybe is more helpful than the alternative. Thanks to all of the creators who design and produce the content of a game that has endured for many years.

Bravo to you!

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Well here is a shocking surprise, EA's development team have lied once again, i.e. they clearly stated that all the star wars cas stuff would stay on the star wars world, what a load of bs :# , to start with my sim return home to her none star wars home lot and she was wearing here star wars outfit, then I go in to the neighbourhood manager section and what do I find 21 star wars sims, in my none star wars neighbourhood so much for them not turning up a EA?

For real? Got pics?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    I made a comment expressing my disappointment in this pack, but then I realized that we are living in a very negatively impacted country and world right now. So, I would just like to say that every pack is different and some will love it and some won't. I love the knitting pack and even laundry. I love to have my sims involved in interactive activities, things they can do together and knitting is really a great addition to that theme. Finding the positive when there is so much negative maybe is more helpful than the alternative. Thanks to all of the creators who design and produce the content of a game that has endured for many years.

@Quasiattractor what a wonderful sentiment. I truly hope the next pack is more to your liking.
  • SinXIIISinXIII Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Quasiattractor said:
    > I made a comment expressing my disappointment in this pack, but then I realized that we are living in a very negatively impacted country and world right now. So, I would just like to say that every pack is different and some will love it and some won't. I love the knitting pack and even laundry. I love to have my sims involved in interactive activities, things they can do together and knitting is really a great addition to that theme. Finding the positive when there is so much negative maybe is more helpful than the alternative. Thanks to all of the creators who design and produce the content of a game that has endured for many years.

You see, The Sims franchise has always been like an escape to positivity for a lot of people over the years. Its a tiny little world where everyone can have everything they want. Its a parallel world. But when your little world is attacked by the real world, that's when the problems start. And it started with Eco Lifestyle. Its the current real world problem that was brought into the game. Yes, it might raise awareness but at the same time, why not bring politics? World wars? Economical wars?. This latest game pack is an attempt to get Star Wars fans to play The Sims 4 which, in my opinion, is a rather cheap attempt. How about bringing Counter Strike? Or maybe Call of Duty as well? No?

Instead of concentrating on what most of the people want (like bug fixes and stuff), they spent their time building a game pack that majority of the fan base didn't even want. Look at the youtube announcement trailers. Every trailer for every expansion had majority of likes and 1/10 or 1/20 of dislikes. What happened with Eco Lifestyle at the release? Majority people disliked it when it was announced. Comments? "We want something that's missing from the previous games and are essential in the game". Star Wars? 41k likes and 105k dislikes. Bring some items from Star Wars but do not try to bring another franchise into the game.

And another thing. Everybody knows that this game heavily relies on custom content. This is why a lot of people still play this game. Its a generalisation but it holds a lot of truth. Look at youtube streamers. Most of the ones I watch use custom content. That is what drives this game. People help each other by trying to fill the holes that the game creators leave. However, instead of realising this potential, the game creators keeps throwing spanners into the wheels for all these amazing custom content creators. Most of the "patches" break custom content. Every time guys who build tools that enable people to create that content have to work around the clock to find ways to fix the broken content. If EA/Maxis would really care about this community, they would be like "right, guys who make these apps, lets us know how we could contribute to help you fix the issues". Or even better - create an official tool that helps to create that custom content. They did this a while back with a (broken) create a world tool. Yes, the argument could be "we cannot guarantee that cc works in our game" but at least they could help the community instead of releasing The Sims 4 Star Wars expansion. Over and out.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

You're awesome. <3

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Big_RonBig_Ron Posts: 2 New Member
    We all know why this is released, Disney ( Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Iger) Screwed the pooch on Star Wars Galaxy Edge, it was supposed to be Tattooing. she changed the name moved the the other side of the park and took out all things Star wars, its a shell of what it was supposed to be and now Disney is trying to Push this to save it, its already rumored to change the name back, and add legacy charters
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    Whoo, was finally able to purchase! Looking forward to playing! :smiley:

P.S. I took the quiz for my Simself and got the Resistance. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    SimLark wrote: »
    HCYBasm.jpg

This pack is wrong. I am not the only one saying it, but many other people. Among them there are many SW fans - as I am. I actually play the REAL Star Wars game which is much more than waving a lightsaber and have a drink at cantina. EA/Bioware should improve SWTOR and EA/Maxis should improve THE SIMS. They are two different games with different game-play. To me this pack will never exists, not even for build/buy items. I thought after My First Pet announcement I could not get bigger disappointment; I hoped EA learned something from our reaction at that time. But here we are: raising again and again our hands for a game that will address most of the Simmers, we get Batuu. :|
    May the Force be with you!

Well, different strokes for different folks, I guess. I haven’t been able to play SWTOR since my MacOS upgraded a few years back and I lost access to the wine emulator I used to access the game. Still wish they’d have ported the thing to Mac Because I still needs to finish the Knights of the Eternal a spire campaign, but until I figure out why boot camp doesn’t seem to want to install on my MacBook Air, I’ve got Batuu and the Sims 4. Is it perfect? Nah. But it’s better than nothing.
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    i'd like to know where they got those clothes, they all look like potatoes sacks lol
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I love this pack the star wars hood is awesome
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • PolkasaPolkasa Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello
    Why i cant buy droid? I have all needed materials for it in my inventory :/
  • TeamCullenTeamCullen Posts: 14 New Member
    I've played the sims for years and I'm so excited about the Star Wars game pack so is my 12 year old son. I love the idea of my sims traveling to different worlds and play quests. It's an escape from their reality as playingsimsisan escape from mines 😊
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    I do not understand the divide between this community but I guess this is how gaming is? Many have said that those who complain about disliking the SW pack do it just to complain or because it’s some sort of form of honoring the usual game style or whatever, but those who want this new pack are expressing just as hard how they love this pack and that those who dislike it are incorrect or annoying. Can we all just say we have different opinions and respect one anothers’ feelings whether we are expressing disappointment or excitement? :( Not everyone is going to feel the same way, especially about a niche theme
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    My Jedi :D

rZifxEd.jpg
  • SimsFourFun93SimsFourFun93 Posts: 12 New Member
    Did a fun game play video of the first mission. I do not like the locking of the items and changing to separate batuu outfits while in the world. The stuff pack for the game is extensive though! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE5DMP7NHEk&t=99s
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member

Hi I am mostly a builder but as I love the Star Wars movies I have been playing 2 sims in different factions. I have been enjoying it but for a few glitches that are annoying, my female sim had a Fortune cube appear in her inventory and keeps playing with it then more of them keep appearing in the inventory even if I delete them, once she had 37 of them! She has a Droid and he keeps stopping following her so I have to keep going to get him. When she buys a meal she stands even when there are stools/chairs and in the Cantina she tends to walk then stand behind the bar and the droid if following gets stuck in the way.
    I was hoping to get sims to use a camera for holiday photographs but they cant carry anything with them only what they get in Batuu. Oh and if you find your sim does not use the Tents etc in the Resistance base, I found clicking Droid off Follow they use the objects there! this took a while to work out Lol. Oh and for fun as there is so little for sims there, you can click to play with the Droid and they use it like a remote controlled toy...its amusing!
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member

Oh and as to there being no lots to build on I think EA could give/create a map just for Batuu builds, they have given a free map before so it would be great if they created one suitable and I think that would make people more interested in having the pack. I have been using Oasis but because of the Retro Mid Century builds and Dinosaur in the background its not right for Star Wars theme. So fingers crossed for EA to make us a map suitable ;)
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited September 2020
    This pack is a complete waste of money, there is a bug that causes the game to crash when you get there. Totally disgusted with this game and I have been playing since it first came out. So sorry I paid for this pack because it is not playable. Bugs are never fixed and we haven't heard from anyone at EA with regard to what's wrong and when it will be fixed. I am so Done. With every patch and every new pack something breaks, every single time and they never fix it. Freelance career- broken, gardening-broken, this pack never got to even play, so many bugs that are never addressed. A refund for this pack would be nice, but that will never happen, but I have learned after 20 years, don't waste anymore money. Makes me very sad because I loved this game.
  • SimsLyfe516SimsLyfe516 Posts: 4 New Member
    I get they have rights to Disney and Star Wars but we asked for cars we asked for more activities for kids and teens not freaking knitting and Star Wars
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    I get they have rights to Disney and Star Wars but we asked for cars we asked for more activities for kids and teens not freaking knitting and Star Wars

To be fair, we definitely asked for knitting.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Which is why I don't bother with the voting. Because both times the choices has been overwhelmingly the opposite of what I want.
    And no, I don't mean that as a ".... you guys". I mean that as I say it: I am fully aware that my taste is apparently counter to most players, so there is no point in me taking part in those things.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member

Which is why I don't bother with the voting. Because both times the choices has been overwhelmingly the opposite of what I want.
    And no, I don't mean that as a ".... you guys". I mean that as I say it: I am fully aware that my taste is apparently counter to most players, so there is no point in me taking part in those things.

Well, "we" as in the community - nothing I voted for personally (with the exception of some of the individual items late in the process) was selected. I do like the pack though and obviously enough people wanted it to vote it in.