Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WAIT the Star Wars pack costs HOW MUCH?!

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Interesting
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I didn't buy it, but I saw it's 19.99€ here in France, which is the same as any other GP.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Same 19.99€ as always.
    Same price of 19,99€ like always here in Germany, but we've always been paying around 3$ more than the US due to the exchange rates of the Euro, which EA obviously doesn't give a 🌺🌺🌺🌺 about.

Don't think that's an exchange rate because everybody seems to be doing this, they just change the currency indicator, but not the amounts. :neutral:

@crocobaura Yeah but the packs in the UK have a lower amount due to the exchange rate. They don't pay 19,99 they pay only 17,99 but maybe it has to do with taxes I don't know.
    I just checked how many euros are 19,99 dollars and it says 16,94€. So we are paying more I guess?

17.99 pounds is +- the exact same price as 19.99 euros ;)

But you're right about your first point: we all pay more than the US here, a more accurate price would be 16.99 euros and 14.99 uk pounds. More or less anyway.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Same 19.99€ as always.
    Same price of 19,99€ like always here in Germany, but we've always been paying around 3$ more than the US due to the exchange rates of the Euro, which EA obviously doesn't give a 🌺🌺🌺🌺 about.

Don't think that's an exchange rate because everybody seems to be doing this, they just change the currency indicator, but not the amounts. :neutral:

@crocobaura Yeah but the packs in the UK have a lower amount due to the exchange rate. They don't pay 19,99 they pay only 17,99 but maybe it has to do with taxes I don't know.
    I just checked how many euros are 19,99 dollars and it says 16,94€. So we are paying more I guess?

@SimTrippy Exactly! 17,99 pounds are 19,99 Euros but 19,99 dollars are actually 16,94 Euros. But the packs in Europe still costs 19,99 Euros which is the equivalent of 23,56 dollars!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Yes exactly, just wanted to state that the UK pays exactly as much as we do.

Added this to my previous post (too late though haha :D):
    But you're right about your first point: we all pay more than the US here, a more accurate price would be 16.99 euros and 14.99 uk pounds. More or less anyway.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I went and looked at the price shown for me and it is the same as the other game packs, costs 19.99€.
  • Options
    Yes exactly, just wanted to state that the UK pays exactly as much as we do.

Added this to my previous post (too late though haha :D):

@SimTrippy Oh it's okay.
    Yeah I only mentioned that fact because even though they raised the prices in other countries they would not raise them in Europe since Europe already pays more for the packs so raising them even more would make it look suspicious. That's just my guess.

I hope the whole raised prices thing is a mistake or there is a logical explanation for it.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    edited September 2020
    Same 19.99€ as always.

Even GBP is cheaper nowadays than EUR if I apply the exchange rate to local currency.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    So basically, from what i'm reading.... the price increase is limited to Canada. (Did I forget somewhere maybe?)
  • Options
    @crocobaura yeah by a cent or two maybe lol but it's plus/minus the same. I know this for a fact, as everytime I get ecxited thinking something is cheaper on amazon.co.uk, it's actually even more expensive :joy:

@SimmerGeorge think what others said is probably correct, that it's just a licensing issue. Guess adding big franchise SW names just naturally raises the price in some regions. Otherwise, they'd do it everywhere. But as long as they profit from the exchange rate and the price looks the same to use, they will definitely keep overcharging the EU into eternity.
  • Options
    @crocobaura yeah by a cent or two maybe lol but it's plus/minus the same. I know this for a fact, as everytime I get ecxited thinking something is cheaper on amazon.co.uk, it's actually even more expensive :joy:

@SimmerGeorge think what others said is probably correct, that it's just a licensing issue. Guess adding big franchise SW names just naturally raises the price in some regions. Otherwise, they'd do it everywhere. But as long as they profit from the exchange rate and the price looks the same to use, they will definitely keep overcharging the EU into eternity.

Yeah that makes sense.
    muzickmage wrote: »
    So basically, from what i'm reading.... the price increase is limited to Canada. (Did I forget somewhere maybe?)

@muzickmage I think someone from Brazil saw an increase too
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

Not exactly a cent. Today's exchange rate for 19.99EUR is 23.59USD. A lot different from 19.99USD.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Not exactly a cent. Today's exchange rate for 19.99EUR is 23.59USD. A lot different from 19.99USD.

Yeah I meant UK pounds to EUR, since you were talking about GBP not USD ;) And GBP to USD versus EUR to USD is like a difference of 0.06 0.09 cents in the UK's favor. Not exactly a win there.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited September 2020
    @SimmerGeorge

Yes, Brazil as well. I had to go back and re-read the comments..... and there it was clear as day seemingly impossible to miss but I did it.... I went and missed it..... lol.

So.... Brazil and Canada.

I'm even going to check the posts yet again to see what else I missed lol.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I've checked specifically for my country - Russia - it's the same price as other GP.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    When this pack is on 50% discount I will maybe consider the possibility of potentially buying it , perhaps.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Journey to Batuu costs the same as every other GP in my country as well. No difference.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    In Canada it's $29.99 and previous GPs are all $26.99. it's definitely more money.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Same cost in Australia, too (AU$29.95). Looks like it's just Canada and Brazil, so far!
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    Same cost in Australia, too (AU$29.95). Looks like it's just Canada and Brazil, so far!

Reports from Poland too

• Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    another reason not to buy it. I also notice that origin probably the only place in Canada you can get it. I don't see game packs on any site like Best Buy, were I have been able to get expansion packs less than origin by at least $5-10 dollars.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited September 2020
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    huh? I got it for the same price as any other GP.

Regular GP costs $24.99 in Canada, this one costs $29.99.

Has the exchange rate between the US and Canada changed maybe?

ETA: I just did the US/Canada exchange rate on my calculator and $19.99 USD = $26.43 CAD right now. Then I believe there are taxes/tariffs between the 2 countries right now that round it out to the $29.99 CAD price tag.
    Grynn wrote: »
    It's also more expensive in Brazil, R$99 instead of the regular R$79.

This is probably due to licensing costs which may vary from country to country. Katy Perry's Sweet Treats was also more expensive than other Stuff Packs if I'm not mistaken.

The exchange between the US and Brazil is currently $19.99 USD = R$107.08 so at R$99 you’re kind of already getting a very small discount.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    In the beginning of sims 4 Nz paid ten dollars more for all our packs than Australia. But our economy picked up and once it was even stevens with Australia our packs are the same price. So the exchange rates definitely play a part, whether cheaper or more expensive ;)
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Same price as Gamepacks on Steam in the Netherlands.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I have a post about this same question and no one has seem to found a legitimate answer. I wish the Guru's, EA or The Sims social media accounts would have given us a heads up and explanation. It's just infuriating to have another pack released as a Game Pack yet for some mysterious reason cost more than all the other ones only in some countries.