Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Star Wars Journey To Batuu Is Out!

GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
Ah the most controversial pack for The Sims 4 has been released and I am going to give it a go with an open mind as it looks like a pretty interesting pack!

I want to hear what your guys first thought are when you are playing the pack and if you are looking to purchase the pack even though it has received really bad comments and opinions by the community?

Happy Simmimg in Batuu Simmers!
Post edited by GothicSimmer on

Comments

• Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I'm not going to reward the decision to put tacky branded stuff in the game with my money. For those of you who do buy it, I hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I plan on getting it but not until they fix some bugs. Usually the patches after the packs fix stuff without adding new ones so I will probably have to wait until next month.
  • Options
    That is a very reasonable reason not to purchase it :D
  • Options
    That is a great idea as the pack will be buggy for awhile :disappointed:
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited September 2020
    I would love to "try it out" just to see if it really is as bad is it looks but you know we don't get the option to try it out. Once I bought it then that's it. EA will get their money for a pack I probably won't like but was open-minded enough to try out.

So I won't even give it a chance, since I can't return it and this is what EA is pretty much counting on.

I just can't wait for the LGR Review.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I'm not looking to purchase the pack. Their packs have too many bugs at release...

With the latest update they apparently managed to break chess and the freelancer career so I don't even want to update my game right now.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I got it and tried it for a bit, overall my first impressions are good. I was hoping that Batoo would be a world rather than a vacation spot, a bit disappointed that Force powers don't seem to be a thing, but at least there's lightsabers. All in all a fun little pack, at least until we've exhausted all missions. xD
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    When they announced it was a SW pack I immediately said it wasn't for me, but was open minded. After watching videos on the CAS, Build/Buy and game play it is definitely not for me. I honestly think it is a pack targeted to children and tweens. And after watching some of the play of the pack think that EA should've made it more of a stand alone game and spend more time developing the game play so that it wasn't all chance cards, talk to this sim and click this thing.

I even binged watched some SW movies on Disney + yesterday - along with rewatching some of the Mandelorian, and yup, still not interested in this pack. But, not all packs are for me and I am cool with that.

But to those simmers who are excited about the pack, watched vids about it and are still excited about the pack, have fun with it.
    Happy Simming.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I would love to "try it out" just to see if it really is as bad is it looks but you know we don't get the option to try it out. Once I bought it then that's it. EA will get their money for a pack I probably won't like but was open-minded enough to try out.

So I won't even give it a chance, since I can't return it and this is what EA is pretty much counting on.

I just can't wait for the LGR Review.

You may already know this by now but over in the complaint thread they were saying LGR said he is more or less done with Sims 4 and probably isn't going to review this pack.
  • Options
    Ghostkev79Ghostkev79 Posts: 20 Member
    > @Sara1010P said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You may already know this by now but over in the complaint thread they were saying LGR said he is more or less done with Sims 4 and probably isn't going to review this pack.

Too bad people are for some reason, blaming this pack, for him not wanting to do it other than his growing disdain for the game over the years.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I brought it and got it for half price as I promised I would never pay full price for Sims 4 packs.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Ghostkev79Ghostkev79 Posts: 20 Member
    > @Goldmoldar said:
    > I brought it and got it for half price as I promised I would never pay full price for Sims 4 packs.

may i ask how?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I was looking forward to it, but my first impression is not good. After about fifteen minutes in Batuu, I had to go do something else because I wasn't enjoying it. I don't like the "open" world with rabbitholes or all the restrictions. I especially don't like not being able to dress my Sims how I want to dress them. Hopefully my opinion will change with time. Some of the build/buy items are really cute though.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Used coupons I had :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen