March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible EP 10 Leak?

Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
Murder At The Manor Expansion Pack? Oh please let it be true!!!

Edit to add screenies for those who can’t access Twitter.

fB2XbBP.png

qQ0ZK9n.png

bQYfPGd.png

I was able to pretty much make out the description and type it up. (?) indicates words or symbols that were a bit hard to make out. It got kind of blurry as I paused it to read and type.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Constable, there's been a murder!

A delightful dinner party at the Mayor's house took a frightful twist when his murder plunged the evening into utter chaos.

Venture to the sleepy countryside village of Worcesterbury and uncover what skeletons hide in the Worcester family closet to reveal who is behind the murder of the Mayor. In The Sims 4 Murder at the Manor Expansion Pack enlist the help of private investigator Prunella P. Plumbob and sleuth the grounds of Worcesterbury Estate to gather evidence in piecing together the puzzle of this thrilling murder mystery!

In a race against time, rifle through drawers and search under furniture to track down the murder weapons and interrogate the guests and house staff to assess their alibis (?). But beware! As the night unravels more and more Sims are in danger of becoming the killer's next victims and you never know who, when, or where they'll strike next!

Please Note: This product is a code in box, no disk is included

Please Note: Prices or GAME (?) may vary.
Post edited by Pamtastic72 on

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Who's the retailer?
  • chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Who's the retailer?

Game. They're a really big retailer in the UK.
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    November 13th release date... I honestly no longer will believe it until it comes out of EA's mouth I'm tired of getting excited about scraps.
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    Wow - talk about unexpectent! ^^’
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    November 13th release date... I honestly no longer will believe it until it comes out of EA's mouth I'm tired of getting excited about scraps.

Agree, I mean I am cautiously excited. If that’s a thing, because it’s not completely true until they announce it officially.
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hmm 🤔
    Post edited by SeanBobbyG on
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I was in another thread about this that more or less boiled down to this is likely a hoax because the poster/associates do not have the best credibility with leaks. Not to mention the general concerns of it seeming like a GP in scope and whether or not EA would embrace "murder" in the title.

Then again, after JTB, anything is possible.
    I deciphered the pack description from the video clip and added it to my original post.
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I was in another thread about this that more or less boiled down to this is likely a hoax because the poster/associates do not have the best credibility with leaks. Not to mention the general concerns of it seeming like a GP in scope and whether or not EA would embrace "murder" in the title.

Then again, after JTB, anything is possible.

True, like I said I am cautiously excited, but speculation is fun and it sounds like it could be fun if true. But one thing that nags is it doesn't seem like they'd do storied game play in an EP. That's generally GP territory.
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I thought Eco Lifestyle was more niche and GP material until I saw how they enacted things for all worlds. Even though I don't know what they would do to make this EP-worthy, I am hyped to see if this is real. I will remain cautiously optimistic.
  • Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    the material there would be interesting. considering im a fan of all things true crime. but ive decided to take a years long break if not a permanent break from the sims series. it didnt live up the the potential it has imo. became stale and dried up.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I find the description to hard to believe. Whenever a pack got leak (especially for an Expansion Pack) the description is always in a Bullet form fashion (just like on what you see in origin). It happened when Island Living, City Living, and Discover University when leaked. Even the Console Version has that. Seeing that this expansion pack has a narrative style of Description rather than the staple they are doing right now seems fishy already. It is fake.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I don't believe The Sims Team would release another Story Pack so soon after Star Wars this year.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I don't believe The Sims Team would release another Story Pack so soon after Star Wars this year.

Same. I would absolutely adore it if it were true as I'm a lover of mystery stories across all forms of art and games, but it seems a bit too outstretched for the Sims team... And after the JTB backlask, would they be willing to unleash a "new, experimental" pack so soon? Keeping my expectations low and hoping that they haven't forgotten about Happy Haunts.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I'm glad it's fake, we don't need another StrangerVille story that make the pack useless after finishing the story, these packs can come after we have farms, cars, horses and when the game is complete..
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    It's totally fake, and did not look very true anyway.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I am actually bummed that this wasn't true, as I am a lover of true crime and the game clue, but I keep a healthy dose of skepticism in my back pocket, so the letdown isn't too painful. 🤣
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    We don't even have buglars and I was expected to believe we would have murderers in the Sims? Burglars are considerably more mild in comparison. I do have to say, I wouldn't mind a mystery themed pack as long as it doesn't include an overgrown alien plant (StrangerVille). This would be the one story-based pack I would be excited for.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Thank goodness it’s fake! I would have hated this! It’s even worse than Eco Lifestyle imo!
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member

How childishly stupid is this person?

It's a shame that EA can't take legal action against these people who make these fake leaks. But then again, they're using EA trademark logos and a legitimate gaming website in their phony pictures, etc. So maybe EA and/or the gaming website can take some legal action against these person(s)?

It's high time these twitter kiddies learn some life lessons from the school of hard knocks.

Putting a whoopee cushion on someone's chair is innocent prank fun. Spreading false leaks around the world on public social media outlets about a company product that has trademarks and copyright infringements, is not innocent prank fun. It has real-world liability issues with real-world lawyers and everything. These toddlers need to learn those tough lessons in life before they move out of mommy's basement into the grownups' world.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    This would be fun with farming and werewolves+Bonehilda in it... other than that.. only a storydriven click that click this pack :/.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020

It's a shame that EA can't take legal action against these people who make these fake leaks. But then again, they're using EA trademark logos and a legitimate gaming website in their phony pictures, etc. So maybe EA and/or the gaming website can take some legal action against these person(s)?

It's high time these twitter kiddies learn some life lessons from the school of hard knocks.

Putting a whoopee cushion on someone's chair is innocent prank fun. Spreading false leaks around the world on public social media outlets about a company product that has trademarks and copyright infringements, is not innocent prank fun. It has real-world liability issues with real-world lawyers and everything. These toddlers need to learn those tough lessons in life before they move out of mommy's basement into the grownups' world.

That sounds a bit extreme lol😬 no animals were harmed in the process

Call me crazy but these are the things that make speculation more exciting because you "never really know" if it's true no matter how much evidence we have 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2020

I agree with your sentiment to an extent...but game developers in general dont really fuss about FAKE leaks as much as one thinks. The real problem is when leaks of actual factual content of beta or confidential info gets out that they arent ready to show. (Not including times where developers intentionally release leaks in order to generate buzz and interest) Someone posting a silly leak of new game content from an unverified source? Well we're talking about it. We're speculating. We're probably hoping that such a concept makes it into the game. (I know I'd be interested in something like this) And from a marketing point of view, they dig it.

I know it sucks when someone creates a convincing leak that gets people hyped up and turns out to be false. But do we need a Country Living 2.0 for the lesson to stick? The lesson being to always treat leaks with a grain of salt until an official announcement is made? At least the creator of the leak revealed it to be false rather than keep the lie going and feed the hype even further.

This is not the first nor the last time someone creates fake game news for poops and giggles. It is what it is. We can either let ourselves get hyped up and risk being let down hugely, or save the excitement for official news.
    Post edited by InuMiroLover on