March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 journey to batuu did you know thread

As I wont be able to get sims 4 journey to batuu for a while I wanted to find out what everyone else has found out about the pack
Gallery ID: cavapoo_king

Comments

• Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    None of your inventory goes with you. Nothing. So far I've found this a bit difficult in regards to keeping the fun need up with no earbuds, and very few sources of fun so far (Only found the Droid DJ and Sabaac tables in the Cantina for fun gain so far, and Sabaac chews through your credits to start with)
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    None of your inventory goes with you. Nothing. So far I've found this a bit difficult in regards to keeping the fun need up with no earbuds, and very few sources of fun so far (Only found the Droid DJ and Sabaac tables in the Cantina for fun gain so far, and Sabaac chews through your credits to start with)

Mabey your sims get searched at an out of view airport type thing and everything they had was illegal in batuu :joy:
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    Magic sims do not seem to be able to cast spells on Baatu. Not tried any of the other Occults there yet.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I read in another thread that vampires also don't have any special powers in Batuu. They can't even feed.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Magic sims do not seem to be able to cast spells on Baatu. Not tried any of the other Occults there yet.

vampires also have no powers including not being able to drink.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Aliens don't have alien powers either.
    Additional to my mention of fun issues above...once you get a custom droid, you can have it play music and listen to it as you walk around, acting like earbuds.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Just discovered that spellcasters can't use magic on Batuu :( there goes my plans for pretending my spellcaster is a jedi...
    Did you know that you CAN have a baby with Kylo Ren or Rey!

You need to have MCCC installed for this to work.

Let's take Kylo Ren as an example.

First, your sim must be on the same lot as Kylo. Have your sim introduce themself to him.

Then, click on your sim, click MC Command Center, MC Pregnancy, Pregnancy Start, then select Kylo Ren as the other parent.

And voila! Your sim is pregnant with Kylo Ren's baby!

*I have only just got the pack and have not been able to find Kylo Ren yet so I haven't been able to test this on him BUT I have tested it on Vi Moradi who is another special JTB unromanceable NPC and it works for getting your sim pregnant with her baby*

The above method is for people who, like me, want to get their sim pregnant with Kylo or Rey's baby WITHOUT moving them into their sim's household and hence removing them from their special NPC role.

If you want to have Kylo or Rey's baby and don't mind moving them into your household you can take them into CAS and save them to your library then add them to your sim's family (I found both Kylo and Rey in managed households, took them into CAS and saved them to my library but to do this you will need to unhide them as hidden households with MCCC - you can find this option by clicking on the mailbox).

If you do add Kylo or Rey to your household in this way you will be able to perform romance interactions with them, including try for baby.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

First, your sim must be on the same lot as Kylo. Have your sim introduce themself to him.

Then, click on your sim, click MC Command Center, MC Pregnancy, Pregnancy Start, then select Kylo Ren as the other parent.

*I have only just got the pack and have not been able to find Kylo Ren yet so I haven't been able to test this on him BUT I have tested it on Vi Moradi who is another special JTB unromanceable NPC and it works for getting your sim pregnant with her baby*

The above method is for people who, like me, want to get their sim pregnant with Kylo or Rey's baby WITHOUT moving them into their sim's household and hence removing them from their special NPC role.

If you want to have Kylo or Rey's baby and don't mind moving them into your household you can take them into CAS and save them to your library then add them to your sim's family (I found both Kylo and Rey in managed households, took them into CAS and saved them to my library but to do this you will need to unhide them as hidden households with MCCC - you can find this option by clicking on the mailbox).

If you do add Kylo or Rey to your household in this way you will be able to perform romance interactions with them, including try for baby.

My sim is friendly with Kylo. Using this method doesn't bring him up as an option in MCCC Pregnancy. Just all the other sims on the lot that she knows.
    You can only wear the new clothes on Baatu. Not even any of the Star Wars themed ones from before this pack.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Ok so you can't take anything with you - but can you take things BACK? Like for example your lightsaber or droids?
    You can only wear the new clothes on Baatu. Not even any of the Star Wars themed ones from before this pack.

Ok that REALLY sucks considering the disaster that the new trilogy was for so many people, like why wouldn't I want Darth Vader there? HE IS Star Wars and its not like they are going to expand on the pack.

So lame.
    You do bring back every item you gained while there
    The Stormtrooper Helmet has voice modulation in it. It even affects the singing :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Did You Know?

There are 2 new radio stations Batuu and DJR-3X Stereo. Batuu will work on any radio in any world. DJR only shows up on the Droid Dj Stereo in the Cantina on Batuu but you might be able to get that from buydebug.

There are alien birds that fly around the waterfall.

Loading screens on Batuu are very fast and also when traveling from location to location the Main Star Wars Theme played when I hit the loading screen.

There are 3 suns and 2 moons.

Sadly no sims on Batuu can be romanced even the townies. There isn't a Romance option period.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Sadly no sims on Batuu can be romanced even the townies. There isn't a Romance option period.

Makes you wonder how the locals procreate. :lol:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Nice to hear about the loading screens. 👍
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Nice to hear about the loading screens. 👍

Yes loading screen only took seconds.
    CelSims wrote: »

My sim is friendly with Kylo. Using this method doesn't bring him up as an option in MCCC Pregnancy. Just all the other sims on the lot that she knows.

Hmm I just tried it with Kylo and it worked in my game
    You can buy the DJ Droid at the shop on Batuu.
    When you get a custom droid companion, they are able to play both of the new stations, like a portable stereo.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    -The Resistance encampment is a 50x40 lot. The Cantina is 30x30. Haven't had my sim travel to First Order's lot yet.
    -Hard to explain but the surrounding sounds is pretty amazing.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    edited September 2020
    You do bring back every item you gained while there

If you got l let's say a light sabre and bring it back with you. Can you take it with you on a second trip to Batuu or does it get removed from your inventory with all the other items, which means you have to buy a new one each trip?

I was afraid this might be the case. Thanks for confirming it. I wish our played sims could wear whatever we want.
    Just discovered that spellcasters can't use magic on Batuu :( there goes my plans for pretending my spellcaster is a jedi...

Too bad. :( I wonder what the reason is behind this restriction.
    Previous items obtained on Batuu are kept if you go back again and are useable in world. Just seems to strip you of non-Batuu origin items.
  • Jess_KimbaJess_Kimba Posts: 20 Member
    Has anyone tried building on the lots yet (using cheats)? Can I build a house somewhere?
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    No you can't build a house as far as I know. However.... don't see why you can't try to add another story to one of the lots, ie: cantina, and make an apartment. Or redo the rebel base to add a small shack or something.