Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 expansion "Murder at the Manor" leaked?

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    This seems like a cool idea and reminds me of cluedo but brought to life which I loved playing growing up. However I just can’t see how this is real I can’t see the sims doing anything about murder. I mean it’s so hard to kill sims off in the game as it is and the game is so kid friendly this pack would go against that or it would be done in such a child friendly way it wouldn’t give the theme enough justice. If it is real then I’m very intrigued if it’s not then I won’t be surprised.

I'm thinking they categorized this pack as an EP because it gives us more types of deaths and just the self inflicted kind like the Murphy bed and low cooking skills.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    IF the leak is legit, the pack will probably focus on the early 1900’s. I’m a big fan of the board game Clue and of Agatha Christie (especially when Hercule Poirot is involved), and this is clearly the inspiration behind this concept, down to the characters’ names and the british world.

I can picture a vintage CAS with clothes from the 20’s to the 40’s, and a vintage BB. This would be cool.

It could come with several careers (private investigator, notary…?), real funerals with a graveyard, and maybe a sort of system specific to the pack. It could also include different things that could tie to the theme : heritage, real estate, rich/noble families… Maybe one or two small features from « Happy Haunts » could be added. This could be EP material.

Regarding the word « murder » in the title : I don’t think this would be a problem. The Sims 4 is rated pegi 12 and therefore could include the word « murder » and can show non-graphic violence. If this EP is real, murders would be subtle, and « hidden », similar to when two sims fight, or with a different mechanic. As long as there are no graphic violent scenes/no visible injuries on the sims, it’s ok. Maybe only NPCs will be able to murder, meaning we, as players, could not murder a sim ourselves.

I’m not sure what to believe regarding this leak. I tend to think it’s fake, but I’m undecided. I would like it if it were true and I think there's a small possibility it is.
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    I hope it's fake. The idea itself could be interesting but not as an EP and it would have no replayability and it would be another story driven pack. If they really announce it, it won't go well.
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    When there is a fake leak doesn't the team usual give a new hint to imply the leak is fake, but stay silent when the leak actually is true??
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    If it's fake I hope they will just clearly say it, especially after what happened with the fake farming leak.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I LOVE Clue and read the books as a child. I also love mysteries and detective series BUT do I want this in the sims, no. If this is true would I be mad? Most likely not.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    this soccer fan is supposedly not a fan of the sims, cause they're just recording this for their "friend" but they have 1) origin installed? 2) the sims forums open? 100% this is fake. this is hazzaplumbob trying not to look like a skeevy person by forcing someone else to post it and then they share it onto their profile.

This right here. I thought the same thing!

I'm in the UK and could get to the game site within hours after the leak and it wasn't there. I zoomed in to type it exactly and it does not exist. While doing that though, I wondered why they weren't a sim fan but have the forums open?! Is that a thing people do? Go to forums for games (or anything in general) that they don't care about?! Like I've NEVER in all of my life gone to a forum without an interest, unless by accident, in which case it was quickly closed or hitting the back button.

I mean, it's still possible that I missed it being taken down, it could have been that fast. Then again, a non sims fan was just browsing a game they're not interested in on a game shop site? Yeah... not likely.

Never mind that the sims won't put "murder" in their title since they actively say that murder isn't possible in the sims and never has been and it won't be added now.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited September 2020
    Don't give the people who faked this attention. This is literally what they want....
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oh, I really hope the community on social media won't go crazy over this as it's quite obviously a fake imo (I think the team would never put murder in the title). There's already enough division right now, we don't need a fake leak to make things worse. :(
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    If I recall correctly there was mention of a murder-mystery theme in a survey. Now while I doubt The Sims would add Murder in any of their titles, murder mystery wouldn't be much without, you know, murder. (I'm sure most of us have done the poorly made pufferfish nigiri at a dinner party in our games before, but that hardly counts.) I have my doubts, even though I'm totally down for it.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    The only reason why I'm questioning if this is real or not, is because of a Twitch stream the Sims Team did about 4 months ago during the lockdown.
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this already but the stream was about sims living in a big house that looks kind of like a manor and also there was a lot of deaths, ghosts, graveyards, skeletons etc.
    It definitely is giving me "Murder at the Manor" vibes.

Here are some pics, sorry for the bad quality:

1UsMqtq.jpg

gaINZfV.jpg

I still don't think this leak is real but there is definitely some connection to this stream.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2020

Is Bonehilda back?

Description (Thanks to Cheesecaeks):

"A delightful dinner party at the Mayor's house took a frightful twist when his murder plunged the evening into utter chaos.

Venture to the sleepy countryside village of Worcesterbury and uncover what skeletons hide in the Worcester family closet to reveal who is behind the murder of the Mayor in the Sims 4 Murder at the Manor Expansion Pack. Enlist the help of a private investigator Prunella P. Plumbobs and sleuth the grounds of the Worcesterbury Estate to gather evidence in piecing together the puzzle of this thrilling murder mystery!

In a race against time, rifle through drawers and search under furniture to track down the murder weapons and interrogate the guests and house staff to assess their alibis. But beware! As the night unravels, more and more Sims are in danger of becoming the killer's next victims, and you never know who, when, or where they'll strike next...

It's a fake according to Sims Community and also do you think they'd have another story driven pack so soon after Star Wars? I don't.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    No surprise there and I'm glad it's fake too !

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    It better not be real, can't have another storyline based DLC.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    The concept might be fine - (not for a fill EP though), but the description sounds faux... EA would never use Plumbob as a surname, and I doubt we will see "bury" again, too. Worcesterbury can't be right... it sounds too much UNI. But basically, the main thing about this is too much a copy of GTW detective career.
    So, I'd say this is NOT it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »

My guess is that @HazzaPlumbob faked this pack, but instead of posting it themselves, they asked their soccer-loving friend who doesn't care about Sims at all to post it for them, so that when this pack is exposed as fake, it wouldn't have backfired on them. @HazzaPlumbob also lives in the UK why might explain it's another British world.

Based on @HazzaPlumbob 's posting history, they love, love making fan made renders, logos, maps, etc. Faking this would be very easy for them.

The @HazzaPlumbob account was banned on here many years ago though, and they currently post under the account @keylimepiesims which is very active on here.

Original comment I was gonna post:
    As someone who's into editing, creating mockups is one thing but to be able to fake a webpage like that and show it functioning as normal in a video would be really hard. Faking it via screen recording or screenshots is possible, but faking it via a camera filming a screen would be near impossible. The web address is all legit to the site aswell, it's not a seperate website with a similar name to trick people.

To make a fake video like that would be near impossible or would at the least take days of work and even then the video would look off. Only way it could be fake is if someone who works for game somehow managed to put it on their website.

Turns out I was wrong and it is a fake after all, big props to the creator though as they did a really impressive job with it and made it look legit. Still have no idea how they managed to fake the webpage whilst still having the official URL
  • chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

My guess is that @HazzaPlumbob faked this pack, but instead of posting it themselves, they asked their soccer-loving friend who doesn't care about Sims at all to post it for them, so that when this pack is exposed as fake, it wouldn't have backfired on them. @HazzaPlumbob also lives in the UK why might explain it's another British world.

Based on @HazzaPlumbob 's posting history, they love, love making fan made renders, logos, maps, etc. Faking this would be very easy for them.

The @HazzaPlumbob account was banned on here many years ago though, and they currently post under the account @keylimepiesims which is very active on here.

As someone who's into editing, creating mockups is one thing but to be able to fake a webpage like that and show it functioning as normal in a video would be really hard. Faking it via screen recording or screenshots is possible, but faking it via a camera filming a screen would be near impossible. The web address is all legit to the site aswell, it's not a seperate website with a similar name to trick people.

To make a fake video like that would be near impossible or would at the least take days of work and even then the video would look off. Only way it could be fake is if someone who works for game somehow managed to put it on their website.

It's already confirmed by HazzaPlumbob that it's fake. They created it.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    chacce wrote: »

It's already confirmed by HazzaPlumbob that it's fake. They created it.

Yeah I saw just after I posted my comment
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I LOVE Clue and read the books as a child. I also love mysteries and detective series BUT do I want this in the sims, no. If this is true would I be mad? Most likely not.

I mean if EA or even Maxis want to create a game like that then they should make an RPG Detective AAA game. I mean that would be great rather than force it into the sims
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2020
    I HOPE this is fake tbh... Because I don't think I can deal with this being the next EP lol. I've defended this team a lot but please give us at least ONE pack a year that includes stuff people have actually asked for. I love Eco Living and I'm sure some people like SW, but come on, there's stuff this game really needs more than a murder mystery story-driven EP. xD

So let's pray it's a fake. I know I will.

See below.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Oh sorry nvmd, missed this lol.

Phew. Crisis averted.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Original comment I was gonna post:

Turns out I was wrong and it is a fake after all, big props to the creator though as they did a really impressive job with it and made it look legit. Still have no idea how they managed to fake the webpage whilst still having the official URL

Hehe it’s a lot of layering of images and video tracks. Obviously wasn’t convincing enough, but I did make it in an afternoon! :yum:
    Sorry to anyone triggered by the trolling, no ill will intended, just a practical joke. :sweat_smile:
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited September 2020
    well mark my words this most likely would have been more useful to me than whatever the real ep is gonna be

I have low expectations cause last 3 packs (aside from knitting) were all something I have quite small interest in (if any)

soo idk man would they suddenly make me super happy with best ep ever? seems unlikely (not entirely impossible if its romance, asia travel,past theme or happy haunts) but like :/ don't think so

stars are just not in position for me this year. stars can not do it for me :disappointed: not this year
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top