The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you stopped playing TS4, how long, and why?

1234568...Next

Comments

• vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    2 years or longer
    Boring and glitches.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    a few months
    Why have you stopped?
    This year I've just been so busy and tired from work at times that I just have had no inspiration to play and sometimes it just feels that I don't have enough time to get absorbed in playing during the weekends even if I wanted to play. It was the same thing last year when I was writing my thesis.

There have also been perhaps weeks that I haven't played, because I haven't been inspired and have just wanted to have a break. It's good to have a little break at times. I do that with all the games I play.

Have you purchased any expansion, GP or stuffed packs?
    Yes I have. I have 8 EPs, 8 GPs and 9 SPs. Some of them are from giveaways, so I haven't purchased all of them <3

Do you play any other iterations regularly?
    Nope. I can't stand the graphics of TS3 and I played TS2 for yeaaars and it just doesn't inspire me anymore. I love TS1, but hardly ever play it.

Are you interested in a TS5?
    Not really. I'm worried I won't like the art style and there will be so many things missing in the beginning. I'd like to have more things for TS4 and I still have a lot to play (I started playing less than two years ago).
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    a few weeks
    Haven't played the game more than a year. The intriguing and fanaticism among the so called "helpers" at AHQ are astonishing, and though I bought the game being asked to do so to help out, I lay it, and AHQ aside for long periods of a time. This forum and AHQ are the only ones I have ever visited, and they have not given me good impressions.

I think that the Feedback section in this forum might work though, since there are at least more posts from The Sims Team here than there, so hopefully any suggestions about the game will be heard if posted here.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    a few months
    I began playing semi-regularly about two weeks ago, but before that I hadn't played the game since mid-February.

Why have you stopped playing?
    Mainly due to lack of ideas on my end. My biggest problem with The Sims 4 is the lack of long-term gameplay goals. I rarely play one single family longer than two generations anymore. I don't find big chunks of motivation, the way I used to do back in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 days. I think what the game lacks is long-term achievements. Not big ones, like rewards and stuff, but emotional achievements, like feeling attached to a specific family, being able to interlace aspects of various packs together, and having a level of difficulty in the game, making daily gameplay more challenging. The Sims 4 is just too easy for me. Compared to The Sims 2 for instance, it lacks unpredictability on the outcome of a relationship, a job (remember the random job cards in The Sims 2 and the subsequent termination of employment, that was something), the presence of diseases, burglars, and so on. I understand the perspective behind the absence of certain things, but I still feel it could become a bit more unpredictable without spoiling the T rating.

Have you purchased any EPs, GPs, or SPs?
    Yes, I own all of them. I don't do it for completion purposes, but only due to the fact that the more content I own, the easier it is to be inspired by a certain detail or gameplay feature and begin playing again.

I play The Sims 3 once a week or so and I used to play The Sims 2 regularly until about two months ago. I've been taking a break from The Sims 2 ever since due to work overload and some family problems and just play The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 for about two or three hours during the weekends.

Are you interested in a The Sims 5 game?
    Absolutely! I've been playing The Sims in general since 2002 (regularly, the previous two years I was playing it once every few weeks on my cousin's computer) and I've spent so much money, time, and love into it, so I'm not willing to stop, I just care for the series far too much. Let's hope it's worth it and makes the vast majority of Simmers happy!
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    a few months
    Why have you stopped?
    I stopped because it just wasn't holding my attention. I started playing Oblivion, Skyrim and Elder Scrolls Online instead (so much fun with beautiful open worlds). I'm still playing those games but I've opened up TS4 a few times recently and played for a little while but it just seems like it's lacking something and I can't quite put my finger on it besides the stuff that I can list off that is missing from the game.

I own all of them because the game needs more stuff to do. I use mods and cc because the game needs it.

I love The Sims 3 but it runs rough on my computer, oddly. I remember when I first got the base game I spent literal hours entertained because it felt like a fleshed out game. I remember getting the TS4 base game too but although it was nice, it did not feel like a fleshed out game. Sadly it still doesn't feel complete even though I know the devs are trying.

I honestly couldn't say. I will wait and see but I'm skeptical on how good it will be.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    I would be playing but I'm trying to figure out a problem with my computer- I'm done to testing RAM but I can't figure out how to get it to boot from USB
    6adMCGP.gif
  • awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    edited September 2020
    a few months
    Too many bugs
    Post edited by awlchick on
  • navyboy12navyboy12 Posts: 68 Member
    I stopped playing the sims for about 4 years due to the crashes and bugs that came with the updates! I was tired of trying to fix stuff when i was suppose to be enjoying the gameplay! I recently bought a new laptop which was a gaming laptop to start playing the sims again. Everything was going good for a couple of months until the recent update and now my game crashes ten minutes into playing the game. I have soaked alot of money into the sims the past ten years!!
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    a few months
    I get bored
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    1 year
    Well playing Sims 4 just let me think about playing Sims 3 again. So thats what I am doing than. I honestly miss my carpool from S3
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    edited September 2020
    1 year
    It’s not fun to play anymore, I’m tried of the bugs, shallow gameplay, happy all the time sims, meaningless traits, whims, actions,etc.,
    I own quite a few of the packs.
    I play TS2, TS3, & The Sims Medieval, which are all fantastic games.
    The only way I would be interested in TS5 is if Will Wright develops it.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    2 years or longer
    Why? It took too long before interesting content came out and I got bored. This was a year+ before Vampires came out. Then one day almost a year after Vampires came out I noticed it in Origin and came back... Have been a regular player since then but dropped off again to play some other games (primarily Forza Horizon 4 and Wreckfest), found out about the Star Wars pack, now going to order the missing Sims 3 packs I don't have and play that instead.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    a few months
    A few months - but I always play in spurts. I obsessively play for a week or two, and then completely stop for months, and then start again. It's too time consuming for me to play regularly - I get real deep into it and don't do anything but play - so playing regularly is out of the question for me.
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    edited September 2020
    2 years or longer
    Why have you stopped?
    I lost my interest in the sims 4 (S4) the moment it was announced that toddlers wouldn't be in the game. I kept myself updated just in case something would draw me into the game but nope. Not even the return of toddlers got me. By that time it was too late. And I am so glad that I didn't put any money into this iteration.

But, I got it for free when EA offered it that one year (free is the only way to get me to play it). I decided to check if my opinions would change by playing it but they did not. The charm that the S1 to 3 had that made me fall in love with them each was not in S4.. and will likely never be. If I do play S4 I have to be in the mood to play it. Which is rare.. My friend surprised me with S4 University and it's so dry. The only place to have fun at is the cafe. I can get lost for hours with S2, 3, and even 1. But S4? Unrecognizable to me.

I have not purchased any sims 4 related packs. University is the only pack I have because it was gifted to me by a friend.

I don't play any sims games regularly like I used to be able to. But, when I did and am able to, I still have the other sim iterations on consoles and my laptops. The best is sims 2 but my favorite is sims 3. I am playing sims 2 more at the moment, though. But, once I get a better laptop for sims 3 I'll be playing that one more.

I am being optimistically realistic about it. I am intrigued and interested in TS5. It is a chance for a new start. But, at the same time it's EA. So I won't get my hopes or trust up for them knowing full well of their track record. I'll need to see stuff before deciding if it's worthy of my commitment.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    1 year
    I just uninstalled TS4 yesterday and deleted everything TS4 related from my computer after not playing for 2 years. I realized that I have no desire to give EA anymore of my money and TS4 is already a mess, so there was no reason to keep it any longer. This game has only gotten worse and worse. Even if they hypothetically do add the content I've been wanting for years, it's sure to be implemented terribly. And again, I will not give EA money to finally get features that should have been in the game already.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    2 years or longer
    I had bought ts4 when it was released, because I missed playing with the sims and building houses after years. But then I saw these limited items, no toddlers, no weather, no spellcasters, no world editor again, so I had ignored sims until late 2017, when at least the toddlers and/or weather came back, but I don't remember which one. With the time, not immediately after my return, I bought all packs. On regularly basis I'm playing this game since beginning of this year, before this I make several pauses between some addon releases.
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    2 years or longer
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I would be playing but I'm trying to figure out a problem with my computer- I'm done to testing RAM but I can't figure out how to get it to boot from USB

Hi @MadameLee,
    I think in the BIOS you can set the order in which the computer checks for an OS to load. For example: it first checks D, than A, than C. So maybe that's also the place to set that you want your PC to boot from the USB. The way I always understood it, it's safest to let the computer first check the DVD player to check for an OS to load before it checks the hard disk (usually C). That way, in case there is something wrong with the PC, you can boot it from a recovery DVD because the BIOS is set to first check the DVD player. If it's set to first check C, and there is something wrong with C so it can't start, it cannot boot from the DVD player anymore because it already found its system to boot on C (only C doesn't work anymore).

But please, doublecheck my answer first. I know to little about the BIOS. I know enough to not mess with it and I happen to know about the starting sequence.

To contribute to this topic.

Why have you stopped?
    I used to have a website about CAW/TS3/TS4/Medieval. The Sims 4 never grabbed me like The Sims 3 does. What I loved to do was making tutorials for my website. So I "played" The Sims 4 but only to make tutorials. A while ago I stopped with my website (two years ago I stopped with placing new content, a couple of weeks ago I pulled the plug on my website completely) so after that there was no need for me to play TS4 anymore. I did try it again a while back. After COVID started EA hosted contests on the (Dutch) forum/Answers HQ called 'Stay home, Play together' so I won a couple of TS4 packs (it's so much fun to win stuff). Therefore I tried playing again. It became a couple of short playing sessions. I could never get used to the loading screens and those play sessions where no different, I again could not get used to it. I don't know why, it just doesn't work for me even though the loading is much shorter then in TS3.

No. Because of my website I was on the fansite list of EA for years so I always got a free copy which I used to make tutorials. When I stopped placing new content on my website a couple of years ago, I asked EA to take my website of their fansite list. Recently I won several TS4 games on the Dutch forums/Answers HQ, what I wrote above. So I do own a lot of packs, without paying for it. Thank you so much EA <3.

The Sims 3, The Sims Medieval & Pirates and Nobles and I always plan to start with The Sims 2 again. Because I like that game as well (also loading screens, right, but here it somehow bothers me less maybe because the benefits of that game are more valuable to me, like creating your own neighborhoods). A couple of years ago EA/Origin offered it for free (the digital version) so I still have it but I haven't played it yet (only checked to see if it still works on my 64 bit Windows 10 computer and it did, I only had to repair the game).

Not really. When it's released, I probably will look at the trailer and some pictures or something. If it's indeed multiplayer, I don't care for such games. I never play multiplayer games unless it's "real" games, like monopoly, backgammon, scrabble or other board games. Computer games, I prefer to play on my own. And I prefer to go slowly. The news about The Sims always goes so quickly: releases here, teasers there, livestreams, trailers, Q & A's, blogs. It goes on and on and on. With my website I always felt was running behind the facts. It was a never-ending stream of information. So now, no website anymore so no press releases, news, and so on I have to keep up with. Calmness. :blush:
    edited September 2020
    @SimLibby I did figure it out eventually - but turns out it's apparently is an Origin problem and not my computer problem. But thanks for your help
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    2 years or longer
    Glad to hear you figured it out @MadameLee. Thanks for letting me know and you're welcome.
    SimLibby wrote: »
    Glad to hear you figured it out @MadameLee. Thanks for letting me know and you're welcome.

my ownly problem is because of the origin problem it causes me some major problems with my SimLit since I need to use the gallery but if I play with Origin online if I play for 20 mins the computer freezes up on me.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited September 2020
    2 years or longer
    Played the demo and bought the base game, the glitchy mess and dry game play was enough for me to stop at base game. Plus the loading screens were killing my joy each time. I only have it to use s4 studio to convert s4cc for the sims 3.
    giphy.gif

• SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    a few weeks
    Stopped playing it around mid-August.
    Eco was the trigger for me, all bugs that came with were too much. It was the last pack I bought. I have everything released till JB which I will never buy.
    Not interested in a Sims5, I lost interest and confidence towards the path the game took.
    I still play Sims 3 and I enjoy it.
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • CarmillaVampireCarmillaVampire Posts: 15 Member
    Hi all! I have never stopped playing TS4 for more than a day or two, and always for reasons beyond my control. I am a mother and that consumes my time more than anything. But for example, I never played TS3, my son when he was 5 years old played them a lot, he loved mummies, but I didn't have time for them. And the truth is that I love the Sims 4, maybe that's why I have time for them! greeting from Germany! <3