The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,956 Member
    Congratulations, Max and Lucy van Beers!

ySBXMiG.jpg

• sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member

Here’s some comments:
    @hillybeth Happy birthday to Ben and Allison! They look good as adults
    @march306 That’s so ironic, I was watching the Witcher for like the 6th time already when I read your comment (not gonna lie I have a huge crush on Henry)! Your Yennefer looks spot on! Did you create her? :)
    I was also chuckling after Ellen’s birthday pic with the dog in the background lol XD
    And congrats on Grace and Cole’s pregnancy! And what is up with that sour face too whenever there is a pregnancy announcement. I noticed it happens to everyone.
    @daephene I loved your recap and update with your Goth legacy! I am sorry to hear about Mortimer passing but it looks like that’s not stopping him and Bella from “reuniting”
    I was laughing at your comment on the butler and his evil trait-if some bad happens in the house “the butler did it.” XD
    It looks like they had an eventful if fun Winterfest! :)
    @blueseawaves Thanks for liking my update on Delaney and Myron!
    That was an intense conversation between Sylvia and Owen. And then his latest charade with Jade. How could he possibly think throwing Jade would drive Sylvia towards him, not to mention failing to check on his son when they got home? I am looking forward to what will happen in your next post!
    @doodlydoofus! OMG!! The ending!!! XD They just let the poor child burn and then went back to roasting weenies! Wow. I hate when sims do that
    @metior_ice That's a cool idea to incorporate pools into a mermaid’s house. It would really help with the hydration need.
    That was a really cool build you did! And it looked very difficult to build. I enjoyed reading about your experimentation with various elements. I am curious to see how it turns out in your next post.
    @reddestiny92 I like your Laural Stuart! Tell me how the Journey of Batuu goes! I have some stuff coming up (adulting is hard) so I am going to be waiting on getting the pack until it goes on sale.
    @darkangel1994 I am glad that you are safe but that must have been a frightening experience
    Congratulations on Autumn’s new pregnancy!
    @lucy_henley I am so sorry to hear about your game crashing. Its frustrating when it happens. Congrats on Samuel and Amanda’s birthday! It was sad that Sam’s was missed though. And Lucy and Anne got a place of their own together! That’s awesome. It is not a bad idea, having the siblings move out together. At least it gives them time to transition to becoming independent.
    @daravi Oh dear, WW1 has started. I hope Wilhelm is ok. That must have been devastating for them both to be separated like that.
    @becka28 Thank you so much for liking my Roman Couple and Thud! :) I favorited the Weekly CAS challenge thread and its been a lot of fun to contribute! I hope you like Marcus and Octavia! I know they have been getting busy with starting that family vn7XUXo.png
    And I love Thud my hunky Neanderthal.
    b1whnqT.png
    I made him a stonehenge and a hut to live in. He looks awesome when fire dancing around his little stonehenge.
    EW0lQZH.png
    OMG! I love Keeping Up Appearances! Your post about them totally made my day, and sent me on a binge watching spree. Sometimes Hyacinth gets on my nerves but I love the rest of her family. Especially Daisy and Onslow (I got to meet the actress who plays Daisy when she went on tour, she was a doll!!). Lol Daisy and her romance novels :) If they are in your gallery I will definitely be downloading all of them!! Violet and Bruce are awesome too (with their sauna, pool, and room for a pony;).
    I seriously hope we get a high school/bands pack. That would be amazing!
    Your builds always look fantastic! I especially love your Nifty Knitting build! The build/buy is so cute, and I really enjoy the color scheme. I liked your build in Oasis Springs. I was chuckling at Diego strutting about in his zebra print swim suit lol
    I was laughing at Vlad and Catarina’s hijinx too. I love it when sims do their own thing lol!
    @ryttu3k I am so with you on the Strangerville pack! It has some awesome build/buy elements that I think are awesome. Your Lemon Farm house is precious and I love the color scheme!
    Don’t worry, I will definitely post screenshots of Kylo Ren being transformed into a cactus XD!
    @kotekya Congrats on the new gaming laptop!! I liked your story with Peggy and Steve! I am glad they had a new beginning with each other after so much

Hey everyone! I decided to play with my main save I’ve played for like almost 2 years. I hung out with 2 families, Rachel and Simeon Silversweater and then with Rachel’s grandparents

Busy busy busy!!
    Lucas Munch, Simeon’s orphaned nephew he is raising, is turning into quite the angsty teenager C7LrTI3.png
    Simeon has been encouraging him to spend more time training the dog Lucas found the last time the family were on expedition to Selvadorada. Lucas spent several hours teaching Shadow to sit on command. thI51EP.png
    He also made Shadow his familiar. 2ZxqcGO.png
    Their back garden is also doing well, of course there aren’t as many plants to care for as its wintertime. Rachel devotes a few hours to authenticating some artifacts. Her middle son Picard likes to talk about dinosaurs with his mother yIUv9gO.png
    Meanwhile Simeon has been stocking up on their potion supply rGpWPRJ.png
    And don’t forget their new baby Janeway! She’s practically still a newborn. Rachel had her in the fall. JnNlSXN.png
    Rachel’s getting back in shape via yoga pf0LBPS.png
    Simeon’s depression issues have been making a comeback. So he uses his journal entry as a coping mechanism. YWxd4Ap.png
    And Rachel has encouraged him to start practicing yoga too vBLlQKq.png
    Night out at the Club
    Rachel has been getting itchy toes. Its been forever since she’s been out on the town. Simeon decides it’d be fun if he took her to the local night club. He feels a tad too old to be hitting the night club, and it was never his scene anyway but he felt she needed it. They were going to the night club in downtown Windenberg. She spent hours that afternoon getting ready. It was well worth it. Rachel looks smoking hot! She enjoys a fruity cocktail of some sort. Simeon had just finished a wufthaftabeer u2OqHZd.png
    Then she hits the dance floor 4JNW0tl.png
    Simeon shows his few moves lol O9Wrerb.png
    Then she spots the juice keg! She asks Simeon to help her with a keg stand TtoOvNf.png
    The dj dude really had the place hyped up Q32lcQF.png
    Yes that is Vlad Straud in the corner lol
    They are both quite flirty NX9BxoS.png
    Oh good grief lol Oxlv74j.png
    Rachel ended the night with a ping pong game against Annie Hunter, a friendly vampire visiting from Newcrest dmrI0Ex.png

Granny Rose and the General
    I was wondering how Rachel’s parents’ household was doing, the Beauchamps. It would also give me a chance to really check out the knitting pack. I had downloaded it like a month ago and have used build/buy items but I haven’t really done anything with it. Time to fix that!! The Beauchamp household consists of Rachel’s parents Cody and Melusine Beauchamp, teen brother Rocky (her other sisters are Rosie Fontenot and Rebecca Bailey), and grandparents: Frank and Roseanne. I’m focusing on the grandparents this go around
    Roseanne (Rosie was named after her grandmother) is a spunky elder. She’s romantic and family oriented. Roseanne has finally mastered knitting (I know I know, I cheated the skill with her so I can see what stuff she can make) hcEMxHu.png
    She’s been making a ton of baby onesies for her numerous great grandchildren. She and Frank just had one child, Cody. But Cody and his wife were fruitful and multiplied, and so did the next generation. I think they have like 9 great grandkids or something like that. She and Frank moved in with their son several years ago. Roseanne is romantic and has a raunchy side, she is constantly telling dirty/inappropriate jokes. Much to poor Rocky’s dismay XD. She’s also head of the Red Hat Lady society of Oasis Springs. 8z5B3PW.png
    Her husband Frank is a Brigadier General in the military, and is affectionately known as the General. Frank is rapidly approaching retirement, and is secretly dreading it. He’s very outdoorsy and Roseanne has been encouraging him to find some hobbies.
    oJsOoEP.png
    So far, he has taken a liking to fishing.
    How awesome is the reminisce action!!! W8FnYNR.png
    Frank is extremely close to his grandson Rocky. Rocky is also outdoorsy and also wants to join the military when he’s old enough. Frank helps him with homework all the time. KBZv31m.png
    He loves to tell Rocky old war stories. Or stories of his and Granny Rose’s younger days. “Rocky did I ever tell you how I met your grandmother?”
    “No Grandpa!”
    XR2TqYV.png
    “She was a bit fast and loose in those days”...
    ….”then we went to the football game and there were these bleachers...”
    VHlHZbJ.png
    “uhhh…maybe I shouldn’t have told you that story”… rLotL1W.png
    Rocky was a bit traumatized

The Fontenots
    Granny Rose decided it was time to visit her granddaughters.
    First stop, Rosie! Of course you all know she’s married to Clint Fontenot the alien
    Frank catches up with his grandaughter Rosie (Rosemarie) UsIIAav.png
    While Roseanne coos over her new great grandson Gunner e81rF2w.png
    Change into the new onesie! 06yjshG.png
    OMG so much better!!! WBkdofB.png
    Its orange with a star !!! Squeee w1EEFUW.png
    They all settle down in the living room. Something crazy happened!! Rosie’s sister-in-law Vivienne (The actress) enchantingly introduced herself to Frank.
    OMG VIV!!!! I guess she likes the silver fox look lol
    Roseanne was not happy when she saw that RMWkdxw.png
    Frank managed to calm her down xcpyZyZ.png
    Vivienne felt awkward as you can see. I was laughing because her fiance Trey who tends to be oblivious to everything, didn’t notice what had happened! XD
    They made up almost instantly si4rLhV.png

The Silversweaters
    Next stop, the Silverweaters! Simeon was standing outside the door when they got there. VgseCYw.png
    He waves hello to his grandfather-in-law zy3Z8jw.png
    The General salutes back KA8AIXM.png
    This was some really fun gameplay today because...Frank decided to do a suave kiss autonomously and it got a little glitched…. T7Hr8Tu.png
    I was dying with laughter. Now this is how you woo a lady son...take notes
    The wink!! XD 1ZkMH28.png
    Lesson 2. Simeon’s just speechless at all this gratuitous PDA XD
    4ECy19E.png
    They head inside much to poor Simeon’s relief pRIcfvX.png
    They greet the family qej4U6w.png
    Rosanne starts cooing over baby Janeway. xvaxWex.png
    Time to change the onesie!! xLZ4eLr.png
    Rachel loves her bee boxes so Roseanne thought it would be adorable to make a bee onesie 4Qfn6xr.png
    Too cute!! q9TJINs.png

The Baileys
    Next stop, her grandaughter Rebecca (Becky) Bailey. Yep you guessed it, Becky is married to Thorne Bailey. They had been having an affair for a very long time. She was married to another man, and Thorne was married to Octavia. He discovered his wife Octavia in the arms of rival artist Dirk Dreamer. He and Dirk had a massive and very public fight. The ensuing debacle was all over the news, resulting in divorces all around. He and Becky were finally able to be together on a full time basis. They are raising Orange and their own child Rowan. Becky is a very famous trendsetter. She and Thorne had met on a music video set back when she was a mere makeup artist.
    They catch up on all the latest Del Sol Valley gossip with Rebecca yIjHozI.png
    Then spend some time with Rowan 9VWyLmZ.png
    Meanwhile, Thorne entertained the family with his guitar Sse7frA.png
    They head back home.
    Till next time!!
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,179 Member
    It has been 4 hours since Kori died....and Sophie's still here!
    Sophie: "Say Grim, the rest of your family seems pretty upset about your kid dying....Except you. You seem perfectly happy. Why's that?"
    Grim: "Because I'm the Reaper of Souls of course! I'm the immortal being that harvests the soul of every human I've ever befriended. If I mourn for my child I'll mourn on my own time."
    WIobXtI.png
    One day after Kori died.....It's appropriately rainy outside.
    Q9X2mZX.png
    Octavia's already pretty annoyed by the day.
    fEgLte2.png
    Meanwhile, Grom wakes up and goes right to playing video games.
    Ce925Fk.png
    Grim: "Can you at least turn some music on in the background? I need something to get me pumped."
    J7h7bnJ.png
    One thing that sucks about living out in the shed, well besides the shed itself, having to run through the rain to talk to anybody.
    RUcYmDM.png
    Octavia: "I know how we will get over this tragedy! We will play video games!"
    oDrd9km.png
    Meanwhile, I just forgot that I gave Raven the paranoid trait, so she's always looking behind her back. How cute, anxiety is adorable!
    qwhd7dY.png
    Then they finally played their video games. Looks like Octavia is winning.
    e2EO81g.png
    Sarai: "I forgot, Gil doesn't know how to talk....Why did I have to lose the one sister I can actually get along with?"
    IZk0m9J.png
    Yes, there's a thunderstorm going on, but of course Sonya takes advantage of this. The rain just makes her angrier.
    xL1XoQu.png
    Grim: "You know....this isn't so bad."
    Thunder crack
    afBWAIo.png
    Grim: "Never mind, it's scary out there!"
    Bm6kxtL.png
    See, Octavia's fine though. She was smart and brought an umbrella.
    1aWfDhc.png
    Oh that's not good.
    YdiBuMm.png
    Suddenly everyone switched to their cold weather clothes.....It's Summer.
    7bJzPWR.png
    IS IT SNOWING?! IN THE DESERT?!
    qsKbfyD.png
    Grim: "It's a Christmas Miracle!"
    VmlCJg1.png
    Grim: "Merry Christmas, Raven!"
    F1SC2CG.png
    Raven: "Dad, it's July."
    LqGAX93.png
    Well, Grim might as well get some use out of this Bowling Alley.
    oLbq7nq.png
    Oh that is terrible form.
    jcAiyqr.png
    Three pins.
    vlC7zzn.png
    Grim: "Ah Fiddlesticks."
    xc3HKq7.png
    Octavia: "Say Grom, can you go play in the street or something? Since Grim here is a spellcaster I need to take him to the magic realm."
    Grom: "Okay."
    ppjr0HW.png
    Octavia: "Welcome to the Magic Realm. Pretty sweet huh?"
    Grim: "It's alright."
    V9eWmno.png
    Oh and of course, we forgot that Sophie's one of the only other surviving spellcasters these days.
    U7jzRJa.png
    And that's when Grim finally got his own familiar, Skull Crusher.
    Skull Crusher: "I think we're going to be the best of pals!"
    Grim: "Wow, she's so friendly!"
    GR1I7Ag.png
    Meanwhile, Grim was chuckling to himself while he Googled funny cat memes.
    Tgev2P1.png
    Raven: "Ugh Dad, can you like, stop giggling over there? I'm like, trying to get swole over here."
    nV2S8cn.png
    Later after returning, Grim and Skull Crusher got to work on practicing his magic.
    Skull Crusher: "Wow Grim, you're a natural at Spellcasting!"
    Grim: "Thanks Skull Crusher, you're so motivational!"
    favsioa.png
    Octavia: "Why can't YOU be that supportive?"
    Billy: "I've seen you at your worst, you don't deserve my respect."
    lmloMWQ.png
    Surprisingly, Grim got a REAL job. Someone just called up and went "Ey yo Grim Reaper, you wanna be a celebrity chef? We hear you're really good with a knife!" And Grim was all like "Ey yo man, I'll take that job!"
    bsF0Ev4.png
    Skull Crusher: "Boy Grim, that is a great selfie."
    lDeoLEY.png
    Meanwhile with a less supportive familiar, with Grim at work, Octavia has to cook dinner.
    Billy: "Yeah, you already got one dead kid. You really shouldn't cook if you want the others to live."
    Octavia: "Oh hush."
    5xJk4RZ.png
    It was alright, the kids lived.
    edJXz4y.png
    The next morning it was time for the kids to go to school. Grom of course wore his best suit as usual.
    ZRfAEIL.png
    Meanwhile, Octavia and Grim finally get a chance to be alone.
    PRpjo9t.png
    Ah nice, those fireworks I bought for 'Murica Day just went off right after they finished. Now THAT'S a celebration.
    RmwSy4v.png
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @metior_ice That's a cool idea to incorporate pools into a mermaid’s house. It would really help with the hydration need.
    That was a really cool build you did! And it looked very difficult to build. I enjoyed reading about your experimentation with various elements. I am curious to see how it turns out in your next post.

I expect the build for their home to take a while until completion. I’m spending this Sim year going on vacations and enjoying the outdoors with the twins. Maybe I’ll see designs created by maxis that help me improve the Twin’s grotto. I’m still trying to get rid of the poorly decorated moodlet.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    @sarabeth2984
    Oh dear, WW1 has started. I hope Wilhelm is ok. That must have been devastating for them both to be separated like that.

Wilhelm is "okay", but he is devasted about all the horror from the battlefield and he miss his family too. I did some research, the field doctors were overwhelmed by the injuries from the new developed weapons. Some doctors were eagerly to learn something new and were happy to cutting off a corpses, others are not. Since Wilhelm has the good trait, he isn't happy about the slaughter. Soldiers have a bad opinion about the doctors. That hurts him. The propaganda glossed the reports, he see the reality.

p0sZMjP.png

Fieldpost and diary were necessary to keep up the moral.

p6kYJas.png

First time I saw Wilhelm getting a drink.

dBSmnJO.png

He see his children raised just by pictures.

Hsj7jJ6.png
    Oh, I thought I would share this here because I’ve been the most active in this thread.

I’ve noticed an increase in people clicking the sign up button on my Public Profile page Merman Dylan Zalrian. To avoid any potential confusion, I wanted to say that:

Yes: the Last Name Zalrian and the name Dylan Zalrian was inspired by the name I use for that page.
    Dylan Zalrian started out as my simself, but over time and while writing the Island Elemental Twins’ story, he has become his own individual and is no longer my simself. I do not plan on changing his name. It was his at birth.

My public profile page has a sign up button that links to a patreon account. Nothing I build or create in the sims will be featured there. I play the sims for fun and enjoyment, and every lot I build that I feel is ready to be shared will be shared in the gallery just like the households.

If people still want to support my patreon, I want them to keep in mind that I am a Storyteller and a Writer. My patreon is for a story I hope will become a book series, but I have encountered major delays and updates to that will be infrequent. Work and College takes a lot of time and energy. Part of what I love about sharing things in this thread is that it helps me get in the zone for writing. I do want to thank everyone that had taken an interest in the stories I tell no matter where they are found.

This marks the end of this public service announcement.
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Nothing it's broke
    So, I had a spontaneous idea for the legacy I’m building.

I originally added a bunch of merfolk to my game with the intention that they might act like potential spouses for legacy heirs. Now, I have an idea that I’m much more interested in pursuing, but it will be harder to implement.

Okay, background info, an evil Vampire embodying an island demon awakens. He starts hunting merfolk and capturing their souls to draw out the Zalrian Twins. The evil vampire sim eventually tracks down Calum and their siblings. To save their family, The Twins fall into the Demon’s trap. Sulani becomes overrun with vampiric demons and the souls of ten merfolk (All the merfolk except those related to the twins) are sealed in different worlds and guarded by the demons that took over. Sulani is in a terrible state as the demonic presence has successfully taken over.

The legacy heir will have to write a book of life, find the captured souls, bring back a merperson, and defeat one demon. Their first lead toward restoring Sulani will be the family the twins sacrifice themselves to save.

The biggest challenge will be hunting down the merfolk and acquiring their urns. The twins in particular will be a challenge because they are immune to many ways a sim can die.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @DeafSimmer You can save the images to your computer and delete them from the website. You can then upload 5 new ones (for free).
    It was Monday morning, and the start of the twins' second week of university. There was just enough time to squeeze in a little bit of last-minute homework.

jfE95Vb.jpg

Max felt that it would be a good idea to get a job, and found one as a waterperson. (He has the same aspiration as Lucy, the Athletic one, and Hiroshi wants to be a Joke Star).

aveuXnA.jpg

Anne only had two classes that morning, one after the other, so her afternoon was free to spend as she pleased. She decided to carry on writing her second song for the violin. She had licensed her first, The Waves of Sulani, and it was doing well in terms of royalties.

tDZfI0y.jpg

Later that afternoon, Hiroshi had an important chat with his wife.
    "Anne... when do you think we should start a family?"
    "Hmm, I'm not sure..." Anne mused. "I'm a university student, and you work full time..."
    "Well, your classes only take up two hours of the day," Hiroshi said.
    "That's true. And then I only have one class on Tuesday and Thursday... I'm pretty sure Britechester has a daycare on its campus."
    "Besides, you may not become pregnant straight away," Hiroshi explained.

cbXjP7M.jpg

Key Point was located near a waterfall, and the couple had both heard rumours about what couples used it for...

Ws6a2kH.jpg

Back on dry land, Anne nervously took a pregnancy test. Looking down, she saw two blue lines...
    Oh my Plumbob, I'm actually pregnant! she thought.

NnCyPye.jpg

"HIROSHI! It WORKED! We're going to be PARENTS!"
    "Oh wow, that's amazing!" Hiroshi grinned. "I've always wanted to be a dad."

z9jN5N7.jpg

As a Child of the Islands, Max was particularly interested in honouring Sulani culture. David Gallegos had given them the kava bowl as a gift, and Max decided to mix up a batch of kava himself. Perhaps one day, next spring or summer, he would host a kava party.

BFnKELu.jpg

"Hey Lucy," Anne said, "how do you fancy becoming an auntie?"
    "Oh! Congratulations!" Lucy said. "Have you told Mum and Dad yet?"
    "No, I'll phone them later," Anne replied. "I thought you'd like to know first."

zozR5Ad.jpg

Anne decided to practise some Practical Magic, thinking that they would be useful around the house. It didn't take long until she discovered the Repairio skill.
    Wow, I can repair stuff with no Handiness knowledge! No more calling over a repairman! she thought.

95z2WYF.jpg

Anne was invited over to Brindleton Bay by Evie Delgato, who was still living with her parents.
    "Evie! Guess what! I'm going to have a baby!"
    "Ohh!" Evie smiled. "You and Hiroshi are going to be great parents! How's life in Sulani?"
    "It's good," Anne replied. "It never snows there. I always forget how cold it gets here!"

EwszZrw.jpg

Aware of the fact that she hadn't submitted a presentation for one of her classes the previous term, Anne knew that she needed to be better organised this time around. It was Tuesday evening and she had plenty of time.

fUn1q5b.jpg

Over in the kitchen, things were really heating up between Lucy and Max. Max knew that this was the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with...
    "Lucy Foster, will you marry me?"
    "Yes, of course! Oh, this ring is beautiful!"

BaUU1kP.jpg

The following day was Winterfest. Hiroshi and Max were up before the twins were, and decided to decorate the tree together.
    "Who'd have thought that by moving to Sulani we'd end up with such gorgeous women?" Hiroshi asked.
    "Absolutely. I was a little nervous about moving here originally, but now it's all been worth it," Max replied. "Now I can actually get married on the beach..."

FEv6jWG.jpg

The tree had only just been finished when Max heard shouting outside. Running to investigate, he came across someone who was ranting about Sulani.
    "There's no such thing as global warming!" the woman yelled. "It's all a government lie!"
    Max shook his head. He knew about conspiracy theorists from browsing online, but had never met one in the flesh.
    "The science is there, ma'am," he replied. "There have been countless studies about it." He didn't instinctively want to be polite to the woman, but he knew that if he was rude to her, he could end up looking like the bad guy and that it would only make her angrier. Kill them with kindness, he thought.

aKBquf8.jpg

As the member of the household with the best cooking skills, Anne took it upon herself to make a turkey dinner. She'd spent many hours as a child observing her father cook, and had learnt a lot in the process.

AEFreHL.jpg

That afternoon, as planned, Amanda and Samuel came over for the wedding.
    "Are you sure you'll be able to balance studying and motherhood?" Amanda asked.
    "Yes, I'll be fine," Anne replied. "The campus has a daycare, and my tutor told me that there have been student parents before."
    "That's good. Earning a degree will really help you up the career ladder," Amanda said. "You can show your child a good example by working hard."
    "Of course."

ex5YYxB.jpg

As Lucy walked towards the altar, Max turned to look at her. Oh, she was so beautiful. The slim-fitting dress emphasised her toned body, and her golden hair was loose about her shoulders.

lad2e1N.jpg

As the couple exchanged their vows, Anne and her parents watched on as the sun began to set. It lent a beautiful atmosphere to the proceedings.

HKKCyMd.jpg

The couple shared a slice of cake by the tree. It was hard to believe that it was Winterfest when it wasn't even cold outside.

AlkPowy.jpg

But Winterfest it was, and there were presents to be opened! The household gathered around the tree in eager anticipation, still in their wedding finery. Although heavily pregnant, Anne did not seem to mind standing.

G2rdL2j.jpg

Her third trimester meant that Anne needed to go to the toilet... a lot. Unfortunately, one time she didn't quite make it to the bathroom... oof, talk about embarrassing. Then, whilst she was showering off, Max entered the bathroom! Cringing, she decided to confide her feelings in her diary rather than admit to what had happened out loud. Thankfully, it didn't take her long to feel better. As she remembered Max's shocked face, she even giggled...

nFWzUjX.jpg

It was fairly late on Thursday evening when Anne went into labour. Heading towards her bedroom, she felt intensely uncomfortable.
    "Ooh, this is so painful!" she moaned. "Oh, I hope this goes quickly... aaarrrrgggghhh...."

Jidcg0E.jpg

Ahem.

MuqCfrE.jpg

"Oh... my... word..." Lucy said, astonished, as she walked into her sister's room. "THREE?"
    "I know, hahaha," Anne laughed nervously.
    "They're adorable, though," Lucy smiled, picking one up. "Have you named them?"
    "No, I thought I'd talk with Hiroshi first," Anne said.

U6E2yQa.jpg

Hiroshi was just as surprised to see how many children he now had.
    "T... t... triplets? Wow," he said.
    "Yeah," Anne replied, slightly more at ease. "At least I don't have to do pregnancy and labour ever again."
    "What about names?"
    "Well, I've always liked Sakura," Anne said, "and... hmm... I don't really know other Japanese baby names."
    Eventually, they named the other two Arisa and Keiko.

YDvDPAv.jpg

Arisa.

hhYNYXE.jpg

Keiko.

KPOCxwd.jpg

Sakura.

dXY2cCF.jpg
  • wilsonstonewilsonstone Posts: 18 Member
    Earlier in this thread I posted about my sim's elder parents dying at the same time. I could only plead for the mom ( as the only-child daughter). She (her name is Katy) was in university but living at home and I knew mom didn't have long for this world. I needed her, though, to build up a good nest egg. The mother was named Lola and she had maxed out her artist skills. She spent her days churning out artwork so her daughter wouldn't have to worry about money. "Lola" died of old age THREE times. The first 2 times she pleaded and mom was spared. By the third, no dice. But by this time Katy had married an aspiring young writer named Clay. He moved in and was close to Lola when she passed. It was sad when she passed because she died in front of her easel and Katy pleaded for her and it DID work. But I had to log off as I sent her to eat and get her vitals back up. When I went back into the game she died INSTANTLY. (meaning I couldn't just go to the save and help) Pleading did not work By this time I was wary of Katy and Clay having a kid. Not just because of the terrible baby/toddler stage but because they might croak before the child is old enough to live his own. So they adopted a child, "Freddy". He's not been around that long in Game terms and his only attribute is "mean"...but he hasn't done anything mean...yet.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,179 Member
    So after that wild morning that actually had fireworks go off and everything, Octavia headed off to work.
    8u29a3O.png
    Unfortunately, leaving Grim home alone. Might as well make some breakfast.
    jIX04ny.png
    Grim: "Eggs taste better when you don't have to share them."
    ssbIhQ5.png
    Then for some reason he decided to smash the dollhouse again.
    ZU9pIWr.png
    Joke's on him, he's the one that has to rebuild it.
    OU6g5hY.png
    After school, Grim Jr was invited to the karaoke bar by a classmate.
    YfoUvQB.png
    Eden Landgraab.
    iv0qrkI.png
    Oh and his Grandma was there too.
    CcaoDwF.png
    Well seeing as how Grim is a teenage boy with a pulse, he of course tried to woo Eden.
    QlquA0m.png
    Luna: "Let's hear it for my Grandson trying to get his first girlfriend!"
    nHlKuMO.png
    Just needed to interrupt this for a second. This is one of the latest descendants of the Caliente family. Her name? Dina. Dina Caliente. Now that's silly.
    l21Njfm.png
    Grim: "Oh wow, your grandma is here too!"
    Eden: "That's not my Grandma, that's my mom."
    Grim: "Your mom's an elder?!"
    Eden: "No, she's just very unfortunate."
    SeBfpeB.png
    Then for some reason, Octavia showed up when she's supposed to be at work.
    ciTa3Un.png
    Octavia: "Alright here's the deal. You won't tell your dad that I was skipping work and I'll buy you the new Xbox."
    Grim: "I don't even want an Xbox."
    Octavia: "You got me, the Xbox was supposed to be for me."
    tSoBEDA.png
    Meanwhile, Grom ate Grim Sr's eggs that he didn't finish that morning.
    DXpKtpg.png
    Well their first kinda date didn't end well thanks to half of Grim's family showing up. Might as well exchange numbers at least.
    cbdONu8.png
    Well good news is it looks like she's okay with this.
    to5zliK.png
    Octavia: "So what, is working out going to be your new thing?"
    Raven: "Well I mean, lighting fires got my little sister killed. This is mostly harmless in retrospect."
    NPfHT0z.png
    So, got one of those celebrity opportunities on Grim's second day of work. Turns out someone wanted to make "Grim's Ol' Fashioned Eatery" into a franchise. So he sold Grim's and made lots of money and is a 5 Star Celebrity. Now you too can die from eating pufferfish in a Grim's coming to a city near you.
    5jRjJ70.png
    Naturally Grim had to give the news to Octavia because this means they can move out of the trailer park.....Naturally she took this news pretty well.
    eQ46AJo.png
    Now that he's a 5 Star Celebrity it's time to launch a clothing line. Simply called "Reaper's". I know, very original.
    lSha2YU.png
    Oh and this isn't a great sign.
    vdMIkzE.png
    Octavia: "I swear, I better not be pregnant."
    akgcaO8.png
    Billy: "Congrats, your kid died and you just go and replace her. Nice."
    Octavia: "Shut it, Billy!!!"
    4U7U7KD.png
    Anyways, she went to go deliver the news to Grim.....and for some reason got really flirty in the process.
    zQypipK.png
    Wowza.
    hWVF7gE.png
    Needless to say, she was angry a few seconds ago. Now she's throwing confetti.
    Grim: "Ah, Mood swings. I get it."
    0ZnhCro.png
    Octavia: "Speaking of mood swings, how about we go back to our room and-"
    FNM03Kt.png
    *Urp*
    rIamOMB.png
    Octavia: "Anyways, we should do it."
    Grim: "Boy am I a lucky Reaper!"
    FYQTQ5v.png
    So then Grim bought the family a new house.
    ccXCr8R.png
    I already lived here with a past family. Hey look, an unfinished painting from an old Sim of mine!
    wUg0OEC.png
    Grim: "Does this mean I get my own room?"
    Nope, still sharing it with Grom! It's a bigger house kid, not a house with a million rooms.
    8AeoAdB.png
    Oh wow, a dinner made by one of my old Sims "Clint Shepherd." That butternut gnocchi has to have been sitting there for like 500 years or something.
    OMcXRsy.png
    Grim: "Don't care, I'm going to take one for the team."
    lUi47bO.png
    Grim: "OH MY GOD IT'S DELICIOUS! I SHOULD NEVER HAVE TAKEN CLINT SHEPHERD FROM THIS WORLD!"
    VMXJBp5.png
    edited September 2020
    Not a story update, but it is a build update. I may or may not work on it more later after I get other stuff done. The game crashed and I lost an hours worth of work. This took much longer than planned. The only thing that will change is the Catacombs because that's where I lost my progress. I think others should be careful with how often they go in and out of build mode. The game always crashes after spending a lot of time in build mode, and then, when I make touch ups, it usually crashes the game.

The Island Elemental Temple (Mostly a Water Temple).

The Main Floor

[img][/img]50315119726_8f8d070403_k.jpgb69298f0-f0e1-11ea-9fe9-029c91a3edee by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Grotto
    Out of respect for this ancient temple they are responsible for. The Grotto, or the Twins hang out space, is the only place with a wall mounted tv, mirrors, posters, and a wall mounted speaker. For a couple of mermen without legs, some of this was a challenge to accomplish. They are proud of their space.

[img][/img]50315300492_bf5016217f_k.jpgc4c05bb0-f0e1-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Air Shrine
    A shrine with an open space. Breathe in that refreshing air and relax in the volcanically heated waters.

[img][/img]50315300477_f8e937a698_k.jpgcc408630-f0e1-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Earth and Water Shrine
    The shrines dedicated to the Earth and Water Elements. The Earth Shrine has flowers with power over life and death. Kava roots can be found there. As Island Elementals and the Immortal Bridge Between Land and Sea, sims with the Child of the Islands trait can find a year round supply of these roots and use them to gain favor from the twins. The Water Shrine is equipped to house a large variety of fish.

[img][/img]50315119676_c2f85bf4ac_k.jpgd45130e0-f0e1-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Fire Shrine
    A shrine dedicated to fire. This shrine is energized with crystals collected from volcanic lava bombs.

[img][/img]50314450083_084ea0e6dc_k.jpgdc74ee60-f0e1-11ea-ade1-0a470cdddf20 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Catacombs (Will have to get redone).
    The place where the Sulani Heirs and Legacy Founder will rest. The Zalrian Twins will look after these spirits as a part of their responsibility as Guardians of the Island. This will ensure that the most important members of the legacy family will remain connected to the world should any member of the family wish to resurrect them later. For the Sulani Legacy Heirs and Founders, death will not be an end thanks to the twins. I'm actually happy I saved when I did. This will be the easier area to redo, and I even made the space bigger. Aside from being a place to keep 9 urns, it'll also have lots of collectibles that will be like grave treasures.

[img][/img]50315350507_4656b7a65e_k.jpge4be3540-f0e1-11ea-be8e-0630c6c0f8b4 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Middle Level
    A wall sculpture warns of death for any average sim that tries to brave the flooded lava tubes in the lower levels. The Scrolls of a Mermaid Tail hint at the kind of individuals that can help offer safe passage.

[img][/img]50314450058_b548c1d589_k.jpg683cd860-f0e0-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Lower Chamber (The Flooded Lava Tubes)
    This chamber connects most of the temple with the world outside. An average sim will have to swim the full length of these tunnels to reach any of the treasures inside the temple. For those on good terms with the twins, they can help others traverse this long swim with a Mermaid's Kiss. This should help a sim avoid drowning. Conversely, a sim can become a merman or mermaid and traverse the Flooded Lava Tubes without any worries in a very short amount of time. The Lava Tubes do have narrow points that water transportation might have trouble passing through. The Lower Chamber Equals death, was a liv... lovely, heavenly experience making them. I still have more places that need bubbles.

[img][/img]50315119616_92e87df985_k.jpgf60482a0-f0e1-11ea-9b3b-024578d80d6a by Metior Ice, on Flickr

The Bubbles!
    I love the look of the water as you enter the temple. A sim has to travers deep underground and climb up a couple levels to enter the house. So, adjacent to the pools you swim through, you get a real feel for a sunken temple. I just wish the lot was completely underwater. And, I love the waterfalls along most of the halls and in the temple chambers. I just don't understand why the twins still get the poorly decorated moodlet. They literally have multiple waterfalls, have unlimited access to hotsprings, get a happy moodelt from being in the water, and they have BUBBLES!

50315119756_f8769a23c9_k.jpg58a7c800-f0e1-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Edit: I forgot the outside.

The Garden:
    Here's the beach garden. The twins got the bright idea to bring some order to chaotic nature.

[img][/img]50314450248_60e903e539_k.jpg02f66a00-f0e2-11ea-a2c3-0609d188dc84 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Zephyr's Weather Machine:
    Before you get started on me, it was Dylan's idea. Even though Dylan can control the weather, he can't make it snow. So, he managed to convince his brother to make a weather machine. It quickly became apparent that they can make the temperatures freezing, but nothing they did, even after instantly fully upgrading the machine, could do more than make the temperatures freezing. Dylan was very disappointed that he couldn't make it snow in Sulani. As you can see, he was so distraught that he forgot to take his guitar inside with him. He really enjoys randomly playing that thing...

I'm considering a petition for snow in Sulani. Dylan would appreciate signatures. Let's do this for Dylan! Hold on, Zephyr is telling me that feeding this dream might disrupt the balance in nature. He informs me that the life in the tropical climate probably wouldn't do well in a blizzard. He advises me to think of Flipper the Dolphin.

[img][/img]50315300612_64ca4e755a_k.jpg0c540710-f0e2-11ea-9e99-06185eb08d42 by Metior Ice, on Flickr

Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Yesterday's end to my gameplay was heart-wrenching. Ryan Cole (friend, father, grandfather) passed away of old age shortly after leaving his son's house. :'(
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Yesterday's end to my gameplay was heart-wrenching. Ryan Cole (friend, father, grandfather) passed away of old age shortly after leaving his son's house. :'(

Updates like this require more reactions. A like to express a sad reaction.
  • March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited September 2020
    @sarabeth2984 Hi, I read up on RosieGranny Rose and her very "loving" husband lol ;) and Simeon and his family. RosieGranny Rose and her husband seem to have a very good intimate relationship lol. I loved seeing the grandkids and the specially knit onesies. Your neanderthal man is handsome and his fire dance is great.

I did not create Yennefer I found her on the gallery. she's one of the more popular ones if you search her name. You could probably search thewitcher as a hashtag and find her that way too. She only came with a completed everyday outfit so I had to give her all her other outfits. I don't think I did a good job, but I tried.
    5DG72Tj.gif
    The triplets just aged up, and they all look like Anne! All blonde with brown eyes, with a bit of tan like Anne has too. It’ll be interesting to see what happens when Lucy has a kid with Max, since he’s black. From what I’ve gathered the skin tone will be somewhere in the middle, so the kid will look like more of a mix between Lucy and Max instead of looking almost entirely like the one parent :D:D
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Metior_Ice His son Ben inherited his money, which was over $70,000. Ben also reached the top of the Business career.

Today, Ben said goodbye to his father and soon his mother will be gone as well.
    50317519917_699ca982df_h.jpg

A friend of mine made this collage using my photos from my gameplay that I share on the family's official facebook page and I love it!
    50317335616_b15383591c_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    The two men of the household were in the kitchen together, eating some leftover fish and chips.
    "So, three babies at once, huh?" Max asked.
    "I know," Hiroshi said. "Three little girls. I wonder if they'll end up looking like me or Anne?"
    "Hard to tell at this age, isn't it?" Max had been an only child, but he'd had plenty of cousins growing up.

ieoCnPg.jpg

A storm was raging outside, and the babies were naturally scared.
    "Shush, little Keiko, Daddy's here," Hiroshi consoled. "The storm won't get you in here."
    Keiko's wailing stopped, and Hiroshi continued to snuggle her. Keiko had many different meanings depending on the kanji used; lucky, blessed, respectful and happy among others. He had always liked the name.

45AJ2Mm.jpg

Oh Max, don't you know it's bad luck to open an umbrella indoors? Better hope you don't break any mirrors!!

ggQT47J.jpg

Having completed her exams and given her presentation, Anne realised how tired she was. She remembered that she'd obtained a Energy Restoring potion a while ago, and what better time to drink it than now?

aeYMXJT.jpg

Just like with the previous term, results arrived at 6pm on Friday. Lucy was horrified to see that she'd received an F grade in her Distressed Genes class. Perhaps it was her low logic skill? And she'd only received C and C- in the other classes. To top it all, she'd been placed on probation and had to retake the Distressed Genes class. After feeling humiliated for a minute, she shook herself and gave herself a stern talking-to.
    Perhaps you should use this as a wake-up call to improve your skills, she thought.
    She decided to take just one other class aside from the retake, and purchased a chess table.

(Anne got A+ grades in her photography classes, but only a D in the violin one, oops! Having googled, it seems to be a fairly common bug where some players have their Sims work really hard, do all the homework etc but still get failing grades, which sounds awful. I don't know if this bug has happened with me, although I did notice that Lucy's logic skill was only at 3. Funnily enough she had another logic-based class where she got a C-... hmm. Maybe she did more work for that class. Ah well, it's still only the first time I've sent any Sim to university. And at least she didn't get any negative moodlets. She may not end up getting a degree with honours (provided she passes this term of course, but she'll still get a pretty good headstart in the career of her choice; her aspiration doesn't even specify a particular career, which is a bonus).

mHRgWRr.jpg

Samuel paid a visit, and got to know his granddaughter. It seemed like ages since Anne and Lucy had been tiny, and now he was a grandfather... ah, time went so fast.

AoDEe6T.jpg

As mentioned earlier, the triplets aged up!

Arisa:

nG9oW45.jpg

Keiko:

WGF0dOh.jpg

Sakura:

ssqNvT2.jpg

Sakura has the same hairstyle that Anne had as a toddler. With a name that means "cherry blossom", the colour I assigned her couldn't really be anything other than pink :D

Mmm, fish taco! Toddlers being able to grab their own portion of adult food definitely makes Sims 4 toddlers a lot easier than Sims 2 or 3 ones.

VEhKspc.jpg

"I wuv yoo Sakuwa!"
    "I wuv yoo too Keiko!"

2f0PHse.jpg

Anne had done fairly well in her classes, and was maintaining her B grade GPA. She decided to purchase an easel, and began to practise her painting skill right away. Having a well-known artist as a mother really helped her learning.

kDUQPeC.jpg

On Saturday morning, Anne briefly headed over to the Magic Realm, to buy a familiar. She hadn't been to the realm since her transformation into a spellcaster. After browsing the available options, she bought a Dragon familiar and named it Vortex.

mWqflMF.jpg

Hmm... looks like the triplets might become cousins!

38xpF23.jpg

• AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member

Ok! A quick update on my heart appointment, which should explain why I haven't been around.

It wasn't the greatest news. I have a Very high build-up of plaque in my arteries considering I'm only 53. If I was 70 or so it would be more expected. But that means that I have to avoid any more build-up for the next 20 years in order to be "normal." But as a diabetic that's very hard to do.

(The rest is in a spoiler as it's not directly Sims related, but it does apply to this thread, so it's here)
    The cholesterol particles in my blood stick to the extra sugar molecules in my bloodstream. Then they catch onto the walls of my blood vessels. And I became diabetic at 30, while most people develop it in their 40's. So I've had a lot of extra time to have that build-up occur.

To fix some of the cholesterol problems I have to take a medication that I've tried before. It makes my muscles hurt, and seize up. To the point that I can't walk up and down the stairs.

And my cholesterol isn't actually high, it's in the normal range, but because of the diabetes, and already existent build-up, it has to be lower than normal.

So... I have to be healthier. Which means enough sleep. Which means I can't comment here nearly as much. I regularly stay up until 6 am to try to catch up here. This is because I am such a slow typer, and because I can't see that well.

Anyway, from now on I'll be restricting my comments to brand new people that I've never seen post here before, and people who actively comment on things that I post. The rest of you will get clicked as awesome, obviously 😊

I am not caught up now either, but I'm going to give myself time to get there. Thanks for understanding 🤗

@Daravi
    Thanks for your well wishes for my appointment, and your opinion on my engagement park 😊

Isn't it annoying when the challenge rules keep you from doing what you'd like to do 😔 I'm sure Wilhelm would be an awesome heir. But you are playing as historically accurate, so you can't do that.

Ok, I'm at the Winterfest update 😊

Oh wow, it looks like you got the wonderful celebration that you wanted 🥰

The decorations are beautiful, and that's a lot of good food!

They look pretty happy around the tree 🎄 I guess the presents were good!

What skill level is Wilhelm on the piano? He must be pretty good 😊

@Silverofdreams30
    Thank you ❤️ I'm glad you like Ian and Lawrence. 🥰

They are very special to me.

@Becka28
    Thank you 😊 One of these days I need to do a real Ian and Lawrence update. But there isn't much drama in their lives right now. That's the same save that Don and Thorne are in 😅 And yes! Alana's parents are real love bugs 😄

Also thanks about the park! It has to be set as generic for it to work. I tested it as a park, and it was a nightmare. But I don't want to upload it as a generic lot, or it will never be seen. So I didn't upload it yet. I'm not sure what to do 🤔

And wow! A "world overlay" mod. That sounds really interesting.

I love your update. My gosh they are cute together! And so devoted! Wow 😳 Good job to Quin, because that's not how he was before, lol!

Omg at the bed in Morgyn's thought bubble 😅 Geez he's persistent. And Rowen had to be mean to get rid of him!

Maybe they should move to Sulani! Morgan doesn't bother them there. And all of my restaurants make couples flirty immediately, even though I don't put that trait in them and don't have romantic object auras in them. It must be the programming.

The Lily Feng thing was hilarious 😂 and wow! It's Hyacinth! (Bouquet of course 😄) I love that show so much! I was so mad when they took it off of NetFlix. Lol. Oh well, I don't have time for tv anymore anyway. As much as I Love Richard, wow, the guy she's with is a hunk 😅 He seems a little out of her league in the looks department! Probably age department too.

I love their photos on their walk. Yes, great poses.

And yikes, 20 or so children dropping in. They aren't having anymore are they?

@March306
    Thank you 😊 I'm glad you like the park 😊

Unfortunately it doesn't work as a park, only as a generic lot. I tested it as a park. So I'm not sure what to do. I don't think it will ever be seen on the gallery as a generic lot, but it won't work as a park, too many interruptions. You can't get any decent pictures. 😔

That's amazing that the date still worked after you went to build mode. It definitely didn't do that for me. I had one of my Sims swept off to the bluffs in Windenburg for their date, and in order to get anywhere on the date they had to do a bunch of stuff at a bar. And there's no bar there! Lol I tried to add one. Nope! Date was void when I went back to live mode.

Also, if you get a Sim to unlock every knitted item, and wear as much of them as possible, you can make a copy of her in your library and move the spare from house to house. It should unlock everything for that household. But if that doesn't work it will at least unlock the things he/she is wearing. And I think you get like 35 slots to use for clothes. Since every category (regular, formal, hot weather, etc) has 5 outfit options.

I don't have anyone with everything unlocked yet, but so far it has worked with the things they do have. 😅

I have to start checking out more traits. That connections one sounds great! I just finally got friend of the world for someone for the first time. I believe it was Uncle Joey. He has 14 lovers and 21 kids. It was easy to get enough friends for the aspiration, lol. Now his relationships will never decline! Yay! Because it's hard to visit that many people enough to maintain the friendships is tough.

100 babies is going well! You probably updated again, but at this point you have up to number 51 moved out!

Charlie is a cutie 😊

And yes, that hamburger cake doesn't look too appetizing 😂

Ok, now I'll catch up on Grace and Cory!

Oh wow! Fun! It's Yennifer and Geralt! I love watching my son play the Witcher. They look great! I hope their kids turn out well.

And how cute to have the gurus in there too.
    Yikes! The final heir! That's crazy!

Lol at the dog in the picture with Ellen! It should not be pooping so close to the house anyway! 😅 Ellen looks very sweet.

Oh wow 😮 that's weird to read. The last days of Ben's life. I feel like he's been around forever. Ahhh, ok, he's gone.

And yeah, the face the dad's make is not good. It doesn't make for nice pictures at all. I don't think it's meant to be a sad face, more of a "tears of joy" face. But I really hate it. Oh well, what can you do?

Congrats to them on the baby, and Amy on her retirement 😊

@haneul
    Thank you! I was sure you'd love the reason that I fell in love with Dash. It was so random and unexpected 😂 but it's been awesome!

And yes, you're correct, no negative moodlets from Dash having his little fit there. It looked like Max knew he was out of line saying it. And honestly, it was seconds after he yelled at him that they were laughing again.

There is indeed a bit more to their story so far. But enough material for a million more, lol

And they are fun to write. For the most part they write themselves. No deep thoughts involved. 😅 They are actual "what happened in my game" type updates. No plotline or goal. Well, besides having Max start filling up those green bars 😊

This update is so cute! Lol at Darius! He just can't win!

I wonder if he would have beaten the opponent that was supposed to show up. I'm assuming this was a glitch that the other student didn't show?

Anyway, he deserved to lose, all that day dreaming 😂

Lmao at the audience's reaction! 😄 He was really off topic I gather?

No surprise that Dyna won. He really needs to shape up, or go be a lifeguard or something 😅

@ruttu3k
    Thank you 😊 I'm glad you like the park. And my sweetie pies 🥰

And ok, yes, Mr fashion trend setter probably needs lots of fun outfits 😁

That turtle is Really adorable 💕 Thanks for the link. I guess I'll have to have someone knit it for me, a few dozen times 😂

@artistju
    That's really sad about Bradley dying on his birthday! 😔

It sounds to me like he had one of those rage induced heart attacks.

Idk, but since one of the recent patches my Sims have entered those "very" stages of moodlets really easily, and it's super annoying. So if he hit "Very angry" while you weren't looking that could certainly do It.

I haven't had one die yet, but I'm doing a lot of saving in case one of them does. I don't let my Sims die. I play with aging off.

Have you had any other problems since then? I hope not!

@sarabeth2984
    Thanks! 😊 I'm glad you liked seeing Ian and Lawrence. And yeah, it was interesting to see both Brock and Alana's parents there the same night. Lol

Thanks also about the park 😊 The Romantic Garden pack is so wonderful. I use the flowers from it constantly.

I laughed so much at your response to Becka28 😂

It's definitely not riparian entertainment is it?

And I think Sheridan would be jealous, because that guy is hot 😅 lol

It's good to see the rest of the Silversweater family! I see that Tobias and Allyson are still doing well with their roommates!

And how can you say that Gunther's violin playing is horrible? 😂

Ahhhh, I see, too much turmoil at the apartment. That wedding was a trip! Lol at Vlad 😁 😘

But wow! Yeah, everyone was dressed so beautifully! And the ceremony looked nice.

Awwww, Simeon is so happy about the baby! That's great. Goodness, what a welcome to the world. Storming too much to go to the hospital 😳

But everything is fine. That is a sweet picture of the 3 of them.

@Daephene
    Wow! So much fun with the Goth family. And a great trip down memory lane. I hadn't seen the Salvadorada pictures before, at least not that I remember, lol

I hope you do get the Star Wars pack! It will be fun to see what you do with it 😁

But wow, RIP Morty, first thing.

Cass looks good. And yeah, I don't like that about the Renaissance aspiration. Having to jump from Job to job, but I love your reasoning for her choices.

Oh and Hi Gerardo! My favorite actor! 😊 I don't suppose Aliens are immortal in your game? 😉
    Gillian looks great too!

And hello to the twins! I love Gwendolyn's hairstyle. And she looks like an energetic little girl!

Lorelei is my kinda kid, lol. That's what I did, read all the time. I can't play chess though. 😅

Darn! I keep forgetting to have a kid play with that vanity! It looks so cute!

And holy cow? How can you stand that butler? Yikes, I'd be headed to manage families to change his traits really quickly.

Or fire him and hope for a better one! Lmao

Oh Lord, yes, it was a Griswold kinda holiday 😂

Well, not entirely. Lots of fun and nice gifts, and it was good to see the butler having to clean. Lmao that he sat down to eat. I don't think that's how real butlers act.

I can see why the adults needed a drink, lmao.
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited October 2020
    Thorne and Don Chapter 38 A – Life at Home

An index to other chapters is in this spoiler:

Chapter 38 B - Life at Home

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17665618#Comment_17665618

Chapter 38 A - Life at Home

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17651742#Comment_17651742

Chapter 37 A&B – Goodbye for now

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17600119/#Comment_17600119

Chapter 36 More time with Danni!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17540491/#Comment_17540491

Chapter 35 Danni at last

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17508161#Comment_17508161

Chapter 34 Thorne Doesn’t Get It

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17501319/#Comment_17501319

Chapter 33. Thorne hasn’t changed …

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17496539/#Comment_17496539

Chapter 32. Don Stakes his Claim

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17469492/#Comment_17469492

Chapter 31: A trip to Europe

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17455671#Comment_17455671

Chapter 30: A conversation between Kalila Aria and Baba (Thorne)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17446452#Comment_17446452

Chapter 29: Time for the hospital – In true Sims form

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17440098/#Comment_17440098

Chapter 28: Thorne explains things to Don

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17436084/#Comment_17436084

Chapter 27: Don explains things to Thorne

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17432893/#Comment_17432893

Chapter 26: Checking in With Dash and Diego

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17425418/#Comment_17425418

Chapter 25: A Memory is shared

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17420073/#Comment_17420073

Chapter 24: Trust is broken

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17414456/#Comment_17414456

Chapter 23: A relationship grows

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17408441/#Comment_17408441

Chapter 22: A memory is recalled

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17406101/#Comment_17406101

Chapter 21: A surprise is revealed

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17397341/#Comment_17397341

Chapter 20: Don says some magic words

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17383549/#Comment_17383549

Chapter 19: Don leaves

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17374861/#Comment_17374861

Chapter 18: Thorne takes Don to Hawaii and then Really messes up

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17370055/#Comment_17370055

Chapter 17: Thorne is home and Hawaii is discussed

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17362895/#Comment_17362895

Chapter 16B: Dash and Diego go to the Romance Festival

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17393044/#Comment_17393044

Chapter 16A: Diego really messes up

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17377978/#Comment_17377978

Chapter 15: Thorne leaves Town and returns to hear big news

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17357228/#Comment_17357228

Chapter 14: We continue Diego and Dash and Diego’s story - Taking it slow

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17348854/#Comment_17348854

Chapter 13: Don is sad to hear Thorne is going away

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17344835/#Comment_17344835

Chapter 12: Thorne is thrilled that his plan for Don is working

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17343055/#Comment_17343055

Chapter 11: We begin Diego Lobo’s storyline

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17340514/#Comment_17340514

Chapter 10: Thorne does a favor for Don

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17338796/#Comment_17338796

Chapter 9: Don is in terrible distress, and Katrina Caliente tries to help him

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17336707/#Comment_17336707

Chapter 8: Dash unknowingly causes a great deal of drama

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17335918/#Comment_17335918

Chapter 7: Don begins to worry about Dash, and Thorne “Don-naps Don for a weekend

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17335495/#Comment_17335495

Chapter 6: Thorne tries to steal Don from Dash, including a stressful trip to a restaurant.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17334448/#Comment_17334448

Chapter 5: Thorne finally “gets together” with Don

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17331811/#Comment_17331811

Chapter 4: Don appeases Dash, and Thorne spies one last time

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17328246/#Comment_17328246

Chapter 3: Don jeopardizes his “relationship” with Dash

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17326248/#Comment_17326248

Chapter 2: Don declares that “Deep Water is Still”

https://forums.iii//forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17316673/#Comment_17316673

Chapter 1: Thorne meets Don and observes “The Master”

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17316673/#Comment_17316673

Chapter 38 A Begins:

When Thorne and Don got home from their weekend with Danni there was a surprise waiting for Don. Thorne had hired a contractor to redo their bedroom entirely.

nMIFf5G.png

Thorne wanted no reminders of what he’d done to Don in that bedroom, and he thought that perhaps it would make Don happy to not have to be reminded of it either.

EXXSMFh.png

He felt like it was helping him. The bed where Don had cried was gone. The bench where he himself had cried was gone. There was nothing left to remind him of that terrible day. But he still worried.

EP0ekAp.png

Thorne asked Don if he liked the new room a couple of times. He didn’t mention why he’d redone it though. He wanted to see if Don would say anything about it.

“So, it’s nice, right?” Thorne said. “You like the new stuff, the new room, right?”

VlTpSnX.png

“Yeah, I love it,” Don said. “It feels like the room is bigger, and I know it’s brighter, and now I can stay up here with the baby. It’s really great.”

oUMegse.png

But that answer wasn’t good enough for Thorne. He wanted to see some kind of sign. He wanted to hear something that told him that the new room had erased the bad memories.

IaVpVpj.png

“Hey baby girl,” Thorne said. “Are you a happy girl today? I see your big smile. You love your daddy, don’t you? I love him too. He’ll be right back, ok?”

y9aW0fS.png

Spoilers to help the thread load faster

Spoiler: Part 1
    Don came back upstairs and found Thorne in a somewhat dreamlike state. What is up with him now? Don thought to himself. He’s been acting so peculiar lately. Is he still thinking that I’m going to hurt him on purpose?

kbKeOWv.png

“Thorne, please tell me that you’re not still thinking that nonsense about how I’m going to trick you into loving me so that I can leave you and hurt you. I’m not going to do that. I’ll never do that to you,” he said.

wWCGVC5.png

“I did it to you,” Thorne said. “How can I know you won’t do it to me? You should, I deserve it.”

fVYicg8.png

“Go over by the baby,” Don said.

“Why? What’s up?” Thorne asked him.

WAU5nv5.png

“I’m not going to do that to you,” Don said. “I know you did it to me, but you came back 20 minutes later and undid it. And then you took me to see Danni, my little girl. We have this beautiful little baby together. My life is wonderful, why would I destroy it?”

HcwpIHF.png

Don had Thorne sit down with him. “Please, please stop worrying,” Don said. “I’m not that kind of person. What part of the way I act makes you think I would do that? Because I’ll change it! It hurts me that you think I could do that to you. I love you.”

z4wo4nN.png

Thorne couldn’t think of a single thing that Don did or said that would lead him to that conclusion, so he said, “Ok, I’ll stop worrying. I don’t want to hurt you more.”

GCuyVZh.png

And Don believed him.

A0UGX7A.png

Spoiler: Part 2:
    After that conversation it seemed as if things were going well. Time was passing, and Thorne seemed to be ok.

“Oh, you think Baba should change your stinky diaper this time? I completely agree, it’s his turn for sure,” Don told Kalila. “He was out of town all weekend, being a big rock star. Now it’s his turn to be a father.”

PE2npkf.png

Life was wonderful.

sfeVPZ9.png

And Thorne was wonderful.

tNWgrWO.png

The most stressful thing in Don’s life…..

cMXIk4v.png

…was that he couldn’t beat Thorne at darts.

v258Dod.png

Heartbreaking, right? But Kalila always made it better. “You don’t care, do you?” Don asked his baby. “You still love me even though I can’t win at darts, don’t you? And anyway, I think Baba cheats. That’s why he always wins.”

6VxlR0J.png

“Dream on Cupcake,” Thorne interjected. “Years of practice, that’s why I win.”

Be2DfV5.png

“Did you hear that?” Don said to Kalila. “He called me ‘Cupcake!’ I think he likes me. You know, ‘Likes me - likes me.’ Isn’t that cool?”

bKQdNEP.png

Then Don would go and try again.

ZnovKMQ.png

And Thorne would win again. It was hopeless.

5wFMIgd.png

“You know what?” Don said. “You might be better at darts….”

UAPmGpn.png

“But I’m better at some things too.” Thorne did not even attempt to deny that fact.

o7nPEwb.png

Don needed Thorne to be ok. Danni’s first trip to their house was fast approaching, and Don didn’t want anything to ruin it in any way.

QMqwLYX.png

And it seemed as though Thorne was going to be fine.

jcJmx7Y.png

Spoiler: Part 3
    Finally the long awaited day arrived. Thorne had been doing concerts in Danni’s area, so, as per plan, when he flew home, Danni came with him. She was very happy to see her papa.

KUkodij.png

“Papa! I’m here! I’m finally here!” She said to Don.

NmWasT6.png

“It’s so great to see you Princess,” Don said back to her.

4xVRe7l.png

“We’re gonna have a blast while you’re here. This is awesome!”

Thorne was busy with Kalila. He’d been missing his baby girl.

kA0ISOy.png

But then he laid her back in her bassinet so that Danni could meet her baby sister for the first time.

WIcSSUK.png

The guys watched her. They’d been waiting for this for a while, and Danni was as excited as they hoped she’d be.

“Papa! Uncle Thorne! She’s here! Look at her! She’s so cute. She’s so tiny! Oh my gosh, just look! She’s smiling at me!

clvx9B4.png

Don and Thorne silently communed with each other. They had been pretty sure that Danni would be excited to meet her sister, but there had been a small sliver of worry about jealousy.

NdM5oRo.png

But, obviously, there was nothing to worry about. So, while Danni played with Kalila, Thorne pulled Don down onto the couch for a minute. He knew how much Don hated it when he was gone, and he’d figured out that if he held Don close for a few minutes when he returned from a trip, Don would be less likely to focus on the sadness of Thorne being gone, and instead see the happiness that he was back.

“I missed you, you know,” Don said. “You were gone forever.”

vflCOe5.png

“I know you did. I missed you too,” Thorne answered. “But it’s ok now. I’m here, Danni’s here, it’s going to be great, and I don’t have to leave again for a long time.”

“Is this a promise to me?” Don asked. “Usually you ‘magically’ have to go away again, even when you say you’ll be home for a long time.”

1s4rYDc.png

“Yes Don, it’s a promise,” Thorne replied. “I won’t go away from you overnight, for a long time. I still have to work though. You know that.”

“I don’t feel right when you aren’t here,” Don said. “I’m glad you’re home.”

o9NMNBc.png

Meanwhile, Danni had Kalila laughing more than either of the guys had ever gotten her too.

enMnjkF.png

“Papa? She’s so cute! Can she sleep with me tonight? Like a sleepover?” Danni asked.

TCPxkyo.png

Don laughed, “I’m sorry Danni,” he said. “Babies sleep in bassinets or cribs. They wake up a lot, and cry and need bottles and need their diapers changed.”

“I can do that!” Danni exclaimed. “Can’t she be in my room in her bassinet? I’ll give her bottles and change her diapers.”

LGIzu2K.png

“But what about the monster under the bed?” Don asked her. “How are you going to get to Kalila when you can’t step down from the bed?”

I3R6QfX.png

They all laughed at that.

34JNyxL.png

“C’mon Papa! Listen Uncle Thorne!” Danni said. “Number one, I’m not afraid of monsters.”

QhNIfTm.png

But, she was losing them. She could see that, and she giggled.

egjSfn7.png

Being apart had taken its toll on both Thorne and Don.

yfQMrEd.png

Oh geez, she thought to herself. ‘Kissy boys’ again.

MWSHaCO.png

“Ummm, hey, guys? Little girl in the room here. Did you notice?” Danni said.

WV9VvXo.png

“Hey, Don, there’s a little girl here. Did you notice that?” Thorne teased.

lqCasZI.png

“Who? This little girl?” Don said. “She loves ‘kissy boys.’ She told me that herself!”

emwtawF.png

And they all laughed again.

VsNQLky.png

With their ‘kissy’ impulses currently quelled, Thorne changed into his pajamas, and he put Kalila in hers.

IKklItG.png

“Hey baby girl,” Thorne said. “Did you miss me? Daddy says he missed me.”

6FjRO9f.png

Meanwhile, Danni and Don went downstairs to play Don’t Wake the Llama.

8zC5ds2.png

Danni said, “I’m gonna win.”

“Yeah, I can see that,” Don said, and Danni laughed at him.

mhFMwqa.png

Back upstairs Thorne continued talking to Kalila, “And your big sister won’t even let me kiss him. Isn’t that terrible?”

oUYYILN.png

And Kalila laughed at Thorne. Such sassy sisters.

hlmfJDE.png

Spoiler: Part 4
    After Kalila fell asleep Thorne went downstairs to see what Don and Danni were doing. He could hear them laughing from across the basement.

wkXFdbt.png

Then he saw them together. Don was so happy. He and Danni had the same sense of humor, and they laughed together constantly.

FQxqX7i.png

He sat down and watched Danni laughing. He’d known her since she was 3, but he’d rarely seen her laugh as hard as she was laughing with Don.

w0Bo0tx.png

Thorne sat down and Don asked Danni, “Should we start over, and get Uncle Thorne to play too?”

ZRhDxh1.png

“Papa!” Danni laughed, “You just want a do-over because you know I’m going to win!”

Don looked at Thorne and said, “That doesn’t sound like me at all, right Thorne? I’d never do that.”

5zfG7X7.png

And Thorne went right along with him. “Oh, Danni, how can you say that? Of course your Papa isn’t trying to get a re-do because you’re going to beat the pants off of him. He’s not a rotten bum like that, he’s just a sweet little 'kissy boy'.”

Danni laughed even harder. It was so funny to her that they used her name for them all the time.

1cpxeFM.png

And she said, “Of course you agree with my Papa! You literally think he’s perfect.” And she giggled at them.

Don gave Thorne a look that unmistakably meant that he thought Thorne was perfect too.

Mag0VuZ.png

“Wadda you say Uncle Thorne, are you going to join the game and save me from being beaten by a child?” Don asked Thorne.

“Papa!” Danni laughed again. “See? I knew it! I knew that’s what you were doing!”

3bdgs5c.png

“I’d love to stay and save you from your little girl,” Thorne said to Don, “But I actually have a headache. I just came down to say goodnight.”

“Good night Uncle Thorne, I love you!” Danni chirped happily.

c0LjfZ0.png

Thorne didn’t actually have a headache. It was more of a heartache. And dark thoughts were forming in his head, and he didn’t like them. He didn’t want to face them.

OODRQus.png

The image of Danni and Don laughing together kept forming in his mind. He could see the bond they had together, and it hurt him. I can’t think about this right now, he said to himself. He took a couple of Tylenol PMs in the hope that they would allow him to sleep.

BVSyih0.png

He sat in his room, and the visions kept beating on him. Danni, so happy, Don, so proud. Danni saying that he thought Don was perfect, and the look that Don gave him that said Thorne was the perfect one. Thorne knew what a lie that was. I’m not perfect, he said to himself. I’m far from it.

PsVGFOh.png

Finally the medicine started working, and Thorne laid down. He fell asleep hearing Danni’s delighted laughter in his mind.

5sL7DNI.png

Please continue to Chapter 38 B - Life at Home:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17665618#Comment_17665618

Tagging @Lyrie @RedDestiny92 @Silverofdreams30 @mercuryfoam as per request :blush:
    Post edited by AlwaysAsking on
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top