I used to be really pumped and excited and looking soooo forward to Sims 5.
But lately, after reading a lot of past interviews with various Gurus in the last year or so. My excitement is slowly fading and I feel like TS5 will just be a Sims 4.5 version.I'm going to predict that we WILL NOT get:
- CASt like it was it done in TS3. They might give us a color wheel for skin tones and hair, possibly objects. But after watching the interview with James and SimGuruLyndsay I for sure don't see them ever giving us CASt with the ability to add our own patterns again. Maybe something similar to TS2 where there were areas that had different swatches. And that would NOT make me very happy at all. I have a PC with enough memory and a graphics card to handle it without lag.
- Open Worlds - Instead I see them giving us Open Neighborhoods that your sim lives in without a loading screen but with very minimal lots to build on and lots of fake back drops and houses again like TS4.
- Apartments will again be locked and unable to build our own or modify it because in another interview with SimGuruEugi he stated "If we had allowed the creation of apartment buildings from Build/Buy, we would not have been able to achieve the look we were going for" and then he stated "There are also performance implications. You might want a building to look like it has, say, hundreds of windows and small items of decor. If those were actual B/B objects, they would all count against our performance metrics." So because so many people play on a toaster and they have implemented a "performance metric" which means small worlds, lots of fake buildings and very few lots to keep performance optimal.
What I DO think we'll get:
- Real Babies in the Base Game
- Toddlers in the Base Game
- Teens that actually look like Teens and not YA replicas
- Terrain and Pond Tools
- Pools (hopefully with "real" diving boards)
- DLC will be the same as TS4, but less content
- Editable Worlds (Not like a CAW tool, but at least the ability to remove decor or place it)
- Some Similar things as TS4 (CAS's push/pull mode, Build Tools)
- A similar "Minimalist" AI for Sims Personalities. SimGuruNinja said in a recent interview when asked why the storylines weren't as fleshed out as previous iterations. He basically stated something like "We decided to go in a more minimalistic approach to leave it up to the players to play their stories out". (They are also moving away from a Life Simulation game, and going for trends according to Laura Miele, EA’s chief studios officer, she stated "I think that Sims provides an incredible canvas for us to tap into all kinds of relevant trends, whether it be music, fashion, design and architecture, or in TV and media. And we are going to continue to do more of that. That is the direction we’re headed.”)
So yeah, I'm feeling really disappointed that we probably will not be getting the best of all the games rolled into one game. But I would be absolutely THIRLLED if they took all of the feedback they've been given from TS4 and utterly blew us away with TS5!
What do you guys "realistically" think Sims 5 will be like? (Please don't list what you "want" in the game, there's a million threads on that already. I'm interested in hearing what you guys know "deep in your heart" it will be like.)
If you think what I've said is wrong, I'm really interested in hearing your theories and why.