Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ts4 destroyed my ability to enjoy ts2

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Now I fixed my sims 2 game and I can finally play it, TS4 does not affect my ability to play TS2 at all, neither it doesn't affect me the enjoyement I have for the sims 3, it is still intouched. I play the 3 games and I do not care of people thinks of because you often act so weird in this community you are always chasing people who enjoys only the sims 4 or only the sims 3 with a passionate hate you are ridiculous in the end !
    TS4 lacks of gameplay ? Download mods which add gameplay the modding community is brillant and they bring everything you need even before EA. Same for the sims 3 and the sims 2 mod community that bring so much !

Yes TS4 lacks gameplay. You never needed to install any gameplay in TS2 because the devs did their job like they're suppose to. Now the modders are doing the devs' jobs only they're not getting paid for it. And you people are encouraging this by buying this piece of trash game and making excuses for it's poor quality.. I'm not the one who is being ridiculous, smh......

You treat me as ridiculous? Your answer is !
    Nobody force you to buy and to play the sims 4 absolutely nobody , so if you buy the sims 4 or even to play the sims franchise, there are a lot of other franchise to play else and second point, no the devs didn't do enough for adding gameplay and animations in both sims 2 and sims 3 if it was the case , mods which add gameplay even a little bit of didn't exist. After, a lot of sims 4 players outside this toxic forum enjoys the sims 4 without any mods.

My answer makes a lot more sense than yours. Why would the fewer broken content and gameplay in TS4 be better than the abundance of fun working gameplay and content in TS2 and TS3? It's not, that's why your answer is ridiculous.

Yeah no kidding that no one is forcing me to buy and play TS4 - that's why I haven't. And yes, because of the direction that TS4 took, I started playing other game genres because I didn't want to be.dependent on EAxis' decisions for The Sims franchise.

Also what you wrote doesn't make sense: "no the devs didn't do enough for adding gameplay and animations in both sims 2 and sims 3 if it was the case". But the devs DID put plenty of gameplay in both TS3 and TS2, so it's not necessary to install mods that add gameplay to them. TS4 on the other hand, you definitely need to install mods to add gameplay and fix to sims to do what they are suppose to do.

I doubt that few people outside of the forum play TS4 without mods, especially in live mode, because I've seen people complain about TS4 too outside of this forum. If they only create sims and build lots, then I can understand why they won't need mods.

This forum is only toxic because of the direction TS4 is going in and more and more people are getting fed up with it and voicing that.

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I love LOVE Sims 2, but I do feel a bit spoiled by how much faster Sims 4 loads and I would miss some Sims 4 packs.

I still play both, but I also am now playing Sims 3, and I miss everything by from each of the other games for each iteration, it seems, lol. :lol:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I have seen where many say TS4 loads so much faster, but then read threads where their wait times have gone up to about 2 or 3 minutes to load the game with all their packs and all their saves in game. I saw the other day my TS2 loads in about one minute with all packs and 6GBs of CC and Mods and right now about twenty five hoods (that doesn't include their subhoods which all that makes the game about 8gbs of loaded neighborhoods) so that could all slow down loading but it doesn't on my machine. So, the old argument TS4 loads faster is just that an old argument, that no longer holds water.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited September 2020
    Well, for me, personally, for my own computer, Sims 4 is smoother and faster loading. Just like how some folks said Sims 3 is smoother for their computers. *shrugs*

Sims 3 with mods work better now, but waiting for that first long loading screen is a bit of a pain if I want to just quickly pick up and just start playing for a short time.

Eta: I’ll have to boot up Sims 2 again, but last time I tried, the loading screens took much longer than my Sims 4. And I have almost all of the Sims 4 packs. Maybe it’s because Sims 4 has more frequent, but feels quicker, loading screens?
    (She/her)
    edited September 2020
    Well, for me, personally, for my own computer, Sims 4 is smoother and faster loading. Just like how some folks said Sims 3 is smoother for their computers. *shrugs*

Sims 3 with mods work better now, but waiting for that first long loading screen is a bit of a pain if I want to just quickly pick up and just start playing for a short time.

TS4 will load faster if someone removes all their saves, removes all their library builds etc. But you know so will TS3 and TS2. As time goes on all these games get bogged down with things we do in them. Such as build more and more neighborhoods, and or more and more lots saved to a library or in TS2's case in log catalog and if we add mods that are known to cause some lag either in loading a hood, game, and or lot.

We all know if we don't have any lots in any hood, and started a game with nothing in it, such as all vacant lots and never played world/hood, the times is like five seconds in all of them. It's why devs have been telling us for years in all of them to start a new game instead of loading an old save.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited September 2020
    Well, to me, Sims 4 feels faster in loading for the moment, but I also like Sims 4’s more... faster gratification in gameplay, I guess? I don’t know how to explain it, but something about Sims 4 just feels faster for me. Whenever I have a short time to play, I always pick Sims 4, and it works pretty smooth for me, even when I has a family in each neighborhood. (I don’t have really use mods or CC in Sims 4 except maybe the MCC one occasionally.)

Not sure how to explain, but Sims 4 feels more faster and more relaxing to play for me compared to Sims 2.
    (She/her)
    Well, to me, Sims 4 feels faster in loading for the moment, but I also like Sims 4’s more... faster gratification in gameplay, I guess? I don’t know how to explain it, but something about Sims 4 just feels faster for me. Whenever I have a short time to play, I always pick Sims 4, and it works pretty smooth for me, even when I has a family in each neighborhood. (I don’t have really use mods or CC in Sims 4 except maybe the MCC one occasionally.)

Not sure how to explain, but Sims 4 feels more faster and more relaxing to play for me compared to Sims 2.

Yes, I think it is faster in how time flies by and how fast time moves (daylight) when trying to make Sims do stuff like gain a level. You look up and it's ten at night. I enjoyed some of TS4 but when I want to play a deeper game and do much more things than just play I play TS2. When I feel creative I go to TS2. But for a quick session like less than an hour I did play TS4.
    edited September 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Yes, I think it is faster in how time flies by and how fast time moves (daylight) when trying to make Sims do stuff like gain a level. You look up and it's ten at night. I enjoyed some of TS4 but when I want to play a deeper game and do much more things than just play I play TS2. When I feel creative I go to TS2. But for a quick session like less than an hour I did play TS4.

Yes, this is pretty much how it goes for me as well. :) I have been getting lees time to play games, so my time is short, and Sims 4 fits the bill of quicker spurts of gameplay. (I think it has more frequent loading screens than Sims 2, I think? But it still feels somewhat fast for me.)

When I do have those moments of longer time frames and want more depth and challenging gameplay, better AI, and more content, then I would play Sims 2 and Sims 3. :) I would still miss the feel of Sims 4, but those two predecessors have more to offer content-wise.
    (She/her)
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

This.

TS4 expansion packs killed my old laptop (overheating) and my game stuttered all the time. With my new laptop, TS4 graphics are amazing, and I don't have stuttering issues any more. TS2 still loads slowly for me with all my CC, but I still prefer waiting for that game than the fast loading times for TS4. I play TS4 to explore what can be done in the game, I play TS2 to play the sims and create stories, worlds, legacies, and custom content.

Using the open world mods for TS2 (despite the gorgeous graphics of TS4) I prefer my TS2 hood. It's unique and huge. I also like looking at world builders' creations as they are better skilled than I am and their screenshots and edits are gorgeous; TS4 is a bit plasticy in comparison. I cannot build in TS4, I get frustrated with the lot constraints and usually just end up going to the gallery and downloading something so that I don't have to think about the world state anymore.

The only thing I noticed that would make TS4 comparable to TS2 in relation to how fast it is, is that TS4 loading takes a while for me when I play Get to Work gameplay. It feels like I'm loading up a TS2 game then.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I wonder if this happens to anyone else. I launched TS2 today (mac super collection) played for a short while and got frustrated and closed it. Going to a community lot Down town is a drag, pick up the phone wait for the taxi then two loading screens. When you come back the time is all messed up. Getting a job promotion requires keeping up with friendships ... it is rather illogical and irritating ! And CAS omg without CC there are like 5 clothes for kids lol. Building and placing items is rage inducing. Yea ts4 has a lot of problem but it has made some significant improvements too. It makes gameplay very streamlined (sometimes way too much though) CAS and BB items are amazing. Building is super fun. We just need some long term gameplay like harder aspirations (This is where ts2 shines) and Ts3 real estates system to spend your money. Hopefully the sims team is listening to us and make ts4 an amazing game it is meant to be.

Do you use a userstartup.cheat file for TS2? You can use that to either enable cheats by default when the game loads or you can create shorter nicknames for each cheat so instead of having to type out moveObjects on each time I just type moveon and moveoff. The SnapObjectsToGrid cheat lets you freely place items (I use snapon and snapoff ) and if you put boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true into your userstartup file you can rotate objects eight different directions instead of the standard four and you don't need to turn the cheat on every time, it just works once you put it in the cheat file.

The friendship needed for promotions I ended up using a mod (no friends needed for careers by twojeffs) to stop the requirement because it's just not realistic.

For the community time difference with the home lot there is a mod for that as well.

The loading screens don't bother me now as it loads quickly on this computer. TS4 has loading screens so it doesn't feel that different to me.

The graphics don't really bother me that much. I look for upgraded textures for things that do bother me. (There's mods for sharper looking speech bubbles, updates to the neighbourhood terrain/trees etc) The only thing is some CC that looked a little janky back in the day looks really bad now so I either get rid of it or I may get around to updating the textures myself but there's some really quality stuff out there and people are still creating for the game.
    Most annoyances or outdated graphics can be solved with CC and mods but if you don't like modding your game I can see where things could get irritating.

iscQh5U.png
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Now I fixed my sims 2 game and I can finally play it, TS4 does not affect my ability to play TS2 at all, neither it doesn't affect me the enjoyement I have for the sims 3, it is still intouched. I play the 3 games and I do not care of people thinks of because you often act so weird in this community you are always chasing people who enjoys only the sims 4 or only the sims 3 with a passionate hate you are ridiculous in the end !
    TS4 lacks of gameplay ? Download mods which add gameplay the modding community is brillant and they bring everything you need even before EA. Same for the sims 3 and the sims 2 mod community that bring so much !

Yes TS4 lacks gameplay. You never needed to install any gameplay in TS2 because the devs did their job like they're suppose to. Now the modders are doing the devs' jobs only they're not getting paid for it. And you people are encouraging this by buying this piece of trash game and making excuses for it's poor quality.. I'm not the one who is being ridiculous, smh......

Aren't being kinda harsh ?
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

Nobody force you to buy and to play the sims 4 absolutely nobody , so if you buy the sims 4 or even to play the sims franchise, there are a lot of other franchise to play else and second point, no the devs didn't do enough for adding gameplay and animations in both sims 2 and sims 3 if it was the case , mods which add gameplay even a little bit of didn't exist. After, a lot of sims 4 players outside this toxic forum enjoys the sims 4 without any mods.

My answer makes a lot more sense than yours. Why would the fewer broken content and gameplay in TS4 be better than the abundance of fun working gameplay and content in TS2 and TS3? It's not, that's why your answer is ridiculous.

Yeah no kidding that no one is forcing me to buy and play TS4 - that's why I haven't. And yes, because of the direction that TS4 took, I started playing other game genres because I didn't want to be.dependent on EAxis' decisions for The Sims franchise.

Also what you wrote doesn't make sense: "no the devs didn't do enough for adding gameplay and animations in both sims 2 and sims 3 if it was the case". But the devs DID put plenty of gameplay in both TS3 and TS2, so it's not necessary to install mods that add gameplay to them. TS4 on the other hand, you definitely need to install mods to add gameplay and fix to sims to do what they are suppose to do.

I doubt that few people outside of the forum play TS4 without mods, especially in live mode, because I've seen people complain about TS4 too outside of this forum. If they only create sims and build lots, then I can understand why they won't need mods.

This forum is only toxic because of the direction TS4 is going in and more and more people are getting fed up with it and voicing that.

Please respect other people's opinions, and views.

No. Truth hurts.

Please respect other people's opinions, and views.

Where in the post was I disrespectful? You just don't like what I wrote. Anyway, the real issue is that TS2 still holds up pretty well up against TS4. Derailing the thread to scold me won't change that.

• greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2020
    While TS4 is a good game (but not great) it isn't quite up to par with TS2 IMO. The thing for me is that TS2 had more depth and emotion in it's game play. Sims in TS2 seemed more aware of their world like when a Sim would see another Sim naked and scream, they would turn their heads to see who walked into a room, and they would be very sad when a loved one died. I would always feel bad when something bad would happen because even though it was a game. I don't see the emotion in TS4 like I see in TS2.

So has TS4 ruined my ability to enjoy to playing TS2? Not one bit. I find myself playing TS2 more than TS4 and I will always go back to it when TS4 really starts to bore me, which it quite often.

Post edited by greenbean71 on
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    It makes me sad that I can't play TS2 any longer. I really wish that EA would sell it in their store again. I guess that they fear it would draw too many people away from TS4.
    edited September 2020

Have you ever noticed one little thing, anyone who is unhappy with TS4 doesn't have mods installed. We/they play the vanilla game and can see all it's faults, and or how it doesn't measure up to the others. But everyone who absolutley loves and adores TS4, and I do mean promotes it and loves it and is always defending it, have one thing those of us who are unhappy don't have...the big mod that makes it play more like TS2 than it's original self. Wonder why that is.

I have actually put out a challenge for all those who have that mod to play it for several years without it and or any other mod installed, they can't do it. Without that MCC mod or whatever it's called they would not be playing TS4 and would join the voices to please improve this game and the Sim. But they fell back onto a modder to make the game almost like TS2 by removing decor moodlets and keeping their Sims at Fine etc. So, no they don't really love TS4, they love a mod or they would play TS4 unmodded and find out why all the backlash. They no longer remember just how bad it really is.

Moods flipping faster than I can snap my fingers, standing up to go hug strangers, culling Sims for no reason, no consequences for any thing at all..remember their mods make things happen, no, sorry, it's the truth not an opinion nor harsh. It's chaos and insanity in TS4 without those bigger mods. TS4 without mods to save it would have died years ago. TS2 didn't need mods for a base core at all.

And I don't mean chaos in a good way, but things like standing up during dinner to go hug somebody, screaming at the screen at the Sim where are you going? Well, to put my plate on the sidewalk of course, lol. Where you can't clean it up.

Me: What are you doing?

Sim: I have to stop what I'm doing because I'm being culled.

Me: Why are you so happy, your mother just died?!

Sim: Oh, I loved her very much but nah, I saw piece of clutter I stuck up on a some shelf I can't reach, and that makes me happy. Wait, let me put my glass up there.

Me: Your spouse just cheated on you what are you going to do about it?

Sim: Well, I'm going to be a doormat and just joke and talk to the cheaters and wait I have to get my tenth glass of water.

Me: Aren't you happy I helped you finish your aspiration?

Sim: What aspiration? Did I have one? Oh, that, sure, but it doesn't matter I don't really care if I gained any skills, or filled any aspiration and you know what I won't even mention it to the other Sims, because I'm so shallow of a Sim it doesn't matter at all.

Me: Why aren't you doing what I queued up?

Sim: Well, the feature remains broken for six years I can't..but I heard a modder fixed it, go get a mod and I will try to fill that chore.

Sim: Personaility do I have one?

Me: Yes, you are supposed to be unique and unlike any other Sim.

Sim: But Mary can also cook like me because she has a skill but I have a trait, how come Mary who doesn't have a trait like me can cook like me?

Me: I don't know. Skills and traits shouldn't be the same or moods should they? But a mod others have installed can probably make you a unique Sim though Maxis told us you would be one, but dang you aren't are you.

Me: Why have you changed seats five times?

Sim:Because musical chairs is our favorite game.

Me: But I told you to sit right here.

Sim: I know, oh wait, did you? I have no memory.

Me: I even turned off freewill and you can still move?

Sim: Yes, didn't you know freewill doesn't actually work? How long have I been alive in this game? Six years? and yes, I can still get up when you sit me down.

Me:Why did you stop skilling, I told you to finish that one little skill.

Sim: Oh, I saw somebody down the street and though I am all full on social I decided I need to run down there and hug them.

Me: Shouldn't you change your clothes, it's five o'clock and you are still in your pjs.

Sim: Oh, I had to dance to this radio here for ten hours.

Me: But you need to bathe, eat, and do your tasks while I am away with another Sim.

Sim: Really? Is that programmed into me? I don't remember because I have no memory. Wait, do I have memory?

Me:I queued up three things for you to do while I work with Tommy and his tasks.

Sim: Did you? Oh, that, my fun is full, but I decided I needed to dance to this radio.

Me: How do you feel about I just deleted your father?

Sim:Did you? What father? Did I have one?

Me: Yes, go to his bedroom, all his stuff is still there...

Sim: Oh, look there is a piece of clutter over in the room, I'm so happy!

Me:Your dead mother has come back as a ghost, are you scared?

Sim: Oh her? that lady? lol, no, is she a ghost? Aren't ghost creepy? I don't see any difference in Mom she is over there cooking breakfast is there something different about her? I didn't even remember she died.

Me: Did you know your kid is crying in her bed?

Sim: No, am I supposed to care? I think I'll get a drink of water. Wonder why I drink so much water? Do I have a thirst trait or something? Do I even have a thirst meter? Does it fill my hunger? No? Why am I doing it then?

Sim: Hey, I hear Sims in other games bury their dead, can't you just delete that ghost lady?

Me: Yes, but she is your mother.

Sim: Well, I decided I want to drink water and she is over there blocking stuff in the kitchen. She is always cooking.

Sim: Well, take her to the graveyard, because I want to get into the fridge but I slide right through her when I get juice out and it looks like I reached in her rear end to get it.

Me: There isn't a graveyard, sorry, you have to keep living with her because would it be right for us just to delete her?

Sim: Well, you deleted father! Oh, never mind, I don't remember him anyway.

Sim: How come other Sims have graveyards and I don't? Doesn't Maxis respect the dead anymore?

Me: I don't know, I guess not. Do you even care, really?

SIm: No, I'm just rambling like I do when I talk to other Sims, we just jibber jabber and never really discuss anything like other Sims, it's all random and made up. But I heard other Sims in other games actually have real conversations about stuff that is actually happened.

Me: Yes, that is true.

Sim: Are you god? Are you me? your Simself?

Me: No, but I'm supposed to be your god and in control of all you see and feel. I'm supposed to be the master of your universe.

Sim: Then how come you don't redesign this hood and get rid of those backdrops! I'm tired of them and add some more lots ot this district, it's so boring now.

Me: I know, I can't, sorry, Maxis said I was in control but honestly, I'm not. I can't do anything about most of this stuff.

Sim: Could you in other games?

Me: Yes, I could, you would have loved it there.

Sim: Hey did you know we can put the baby in household inventory and just leave them there?!

Me: Yes, it's sad babies are objects.

Sim: I won't care, I won't even be looking for them. Did I have a baby? really? I have no memory, when was that?
    I won't even leave the house to go get him since I won't and can't ever leave him at the play ground.

As a matter of fact, my toddler went downtown in the Spice District one night and I didn't even go search! Wow, I'm so happy I am such a care free parent!

Me: Did you know Bella and Mortimer Goth come looking for Casandra in other games if she is out past six?

Sim: No, why do they care? It's just an object.

Me: No, Sims are Sims in other games.

Sim: Hey, Did you know I never worry about my kids, I never wring my hands and or frown and worry about other Sims like my Sim kids. I heard parents in TS2 care very deeply and actually worry.

Me: Yes, I wonder sometimes what sort of Sim you are, you are supposed to be good, I expected you to care about others.
    I'm started to think you are just a robotic pixel.

Sim: Oh, that won't even insult me, I have no cares actually. I'm perfectly fine with no one caring about each other, as long as I have some clutter decor or anyting really or nothing at all, even nothing on a vacant lot, I will stay happy, you won't ever have to save me from any danger, you can just walk away from the pc and I will be happy, happy, for days!
    Aren't you very happy you can turn on your pc and just leave me on my own and I will be very happy when you come back?!

Me: No, because you aren't a TV program are you? I'm used to being needed, not excluded.

Sim: Hey, I heard other games have real road systems and Sims drive cars short distances and very long distances. When will I get a car?

Me: Never. It's been six years, I don't think you will want them as much as you did six years ago.
    It's a bit too late for that.

Sim: Hey, did you know I can show up at the hospital sick and not be treated that day, and you find me at home and I'm not sick? Isn't that nice?

Me: Well, it's sort of shallow programming, don't you think? I mean I saw you were very sick but at home you were just fine, seems sort of fake don't you think?

Sim: Sure, but we are fake aren't we? I mean without a memory I won't even remember I was ever sick or even went to the hospital! Less stress on you! I won't even know you saw me there!

Me: Hm...no.

Sim: Oh, don't worry even if I get sick you won't even have to buy some medicine and even if you did I won't have to get off my rear end to get it?! Isn't that better? What? You like harder circumstances and me actually having to walk to get medicine? What kind of monster are you?!

Me: Oh, bother, this is like talking to a robot who hasn't been properly programmed.
    It's called legs, it's a simulator, you should use your legs. It's not point and click, it's a simulator. And supposedly a life simulator. I at least expected you to have to go over to the pc and sit or stand and click to order your meds and have some deliver.

Sim: Oh, well, that would be like actual gameplay wouldn't it? Isn't point and click and it's done, better?

Me: You are supposed to be a living, breathing, thing, not a means to gain a goal.

Sim: But we have so many tasks, so many things to get done, why don't you like all of that? Why do you even care?

Me: Because I created you. You aren't me, you aren't any other Sim. You are supposed to replicate life and the human being and the human condition or at least a life form (TS2 has two moons) maybe not on earth but in some universe, somewhere. If you don't replicate the human condition and are just a pixel I push around to gain a goal then why did I even bother to take the time to create you special?

Sim: Well, aren't there like ten thousand other games where you can have a human form on the screen and fill tasks and duties?

Me: Yes, and that's why I care because you are supposed to be different than those. You are supposed to be unique. And frankly TS4 Sim, you are not.

Post edited by Cinebar on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Have you ever noticed one little thing, anyone who is unhappy with TS4 doesn't have mods installed. We/they play the vanilla game and can see all it's faults, and or how it doesn't measure up to the others. But everyone who absolutley loves and adores TS4, and I do mean promotes it and loves it and is always defending it, have one thing those of us who are unhappy don't have...the big mod that makes it play more like TS2 than it's original self. Wonder why that is

What mod would that be? 🤔 I have one mod to adjust needs because my Sims are always so busy they don't have time to eat or sleep.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2020

Have you ever noticed one little thing, anyone who is unhappy with TS4 doesn't have mods installed. We/they play the vanilla game and can see all it's faults, and or how it doesn't measure up to the others. But everyone who absolutley loves and adores TS4, and I do mean promotes it and loves it and is always defending it, have one thing those of us who are unhappy don't have...the big mod that makes it play more like TS2 than it's original self. Wonder why that is.

I have actually put out a challenge for all those who have that mod to play it for several years without it and or any other mod installed, they can't do it. Without that MCC mod or whatever it's called they would not be playing TS4 and would join the voices to please improve this game and the Sim. But they fell back onto a modder to make the game almost like TS2 by removing decor moodlets and keeping their Sims at Fine etc. So, no they don't really love TS4, they love a mod or they would play TS4 unmodded and find out why all the backlash. They no longer remember just how bad it really is.

I love sims 4, my fav of all games, and play vanilla at least 50% of the time if not more. I have defiitely played without mods for several years.
    For the most part, mods are a pain to update and slow the loading times down etc. The game is fine without them and they aren't worth it.

But I do sometimes like to add in the Foster care mod by littlemssam to create foster homes. And UI cheats just to make cheating needs up easier, but hallf the time I don't bother even with them.

I have played with MCCC sometimes... but the only thing I use from it is making lifespans longer so I don't have to keep turning aging off. I try to play so that each lifestage lasts a real world year or more. but yeah, I play without it a lot more often then with. It has it's purpose sometimes.

I did try slice of life/meaningful stories before too but hated it haha so I removed it after a couple of days.

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Have you ever noticed one little thing, anyone who is unhappy with TS4 doesn't have mods installed. We/they play the vanilla game and can see all it's faults, and or how it doesn't measure up to the others. But everyone who absolutley loves and adores TS4, and I do mean promotes it and loves it and is always defending it, have one thing those of us who are unhappy don't have...the big mod that makes it play more like TS2 than it's original self. Wonder why that is

What mod would that be? 🤔 I have one mod to adjust needs because my Sims are always so busy they don't have time to eat or sleep.

Also curious. What mod makes TS4 play like TS2? I'd love to look at it. Mods break easily in Sims 4 so that is why I don't use them, but I'd risk this mod if it exists.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Also curious. What mod makes TS4 play like TS2? I'd love to look at it. Mods break easily in Sims 4 so that is why I don't use them, but I'd risk this mod if it exists.

I believe slice of life and meaningful stories mods by kawaiistace are supposed to do this. I mentioned I did'nt like these mods so deleted them, but since I prefer Sims 4 sims to Sims 2, that was the reason I didn't like them haha! Since you want Sims 2 type sims I'd highly recommend them for you! I know that a ton of people love them. It won't be exact of course, but worth trying I'd think!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    That's funny I love the game and don't have any mods installed currently. I play without any at least probably more than 95% of the time or more. Sometimes I want to try an enhancement mod though and I do ... especially if it does something I don't ever expect to get in the game or might not get for a long time. I don't use fix-it mods at all. I guess I'm the unicorn?

The vanilla game runs better for me than a modded one.. when modded my sims start to freeze or I get last exceptions or it runs slower, and it's a hassle to update. . Eventually though I do see using a few mods when the game is said and done for when I'm sure updating is done. One I can think of will be something to keep my townies fashion choices from damaging my vision.

All that said I don't see a problem with using mods if you want a certain type of play like story progression or might run into a bug that completely shuts down your game play and you need a better working... I dunno high chair?

There was a bunch of things I ended up needing for sims 2 though... clothing items, skin cc, and things to help me with their needs, household management and relationships especially. Since I wasn't a builder too I'd spend much of my play time trying to find acceptable building to download. Finding sites to do that at that time (the time the game was being released and for a few years after) was scary... I was always worried about virus problems or would run into payment sites. Although I'm sure it's in some ways easier now to find that sort of thing for the Sims 2.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @Cinebar just have to say the part about needing mods is not true. Thhere are are mods I use just to play around with and add more interactions or slow time down, but I was playing ts4 vanilla for years before I knew what mods even were. And my sister has been playing vanilla on console since release and she has a blast. Always sending me stories and screenshots of her adventures.
    And yes she played ts3 in the past.

I'm addicted to cc clothing because of how much I love shopping but all sims game allow cc clothing and that's just a fun addition. Has nothing to do with the game itself.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member

Sim: Hey did you know we can put the baby in household inventory and just leave them there?!

Me: Yes, it's sad babies are objects.

I never play families with infants, so I didn't know that. It's actually humorous. I mean it's not, but it sort of is in the overall scope of things. I understand now why some people are so irritated about it.
    edited September 2020
    If this doesn't apply to any playing TS4 right now, without any mods then ignore the challenge to play TS4 for several years without any mods. But if any mods installed make TS4 more like TS2 and TS3, then yes, mods and why you love TS4 does apply.

This description is just a peek at what players who love TS4 so much use to make it 'better' and more like TS2 and TS3. Note the bolded part. There are dozen others that people use for TS4 that does make TS4 more like TS2 and even TS3. As I pointed out above, without mods at all the vanilla game is as problematic as I just stated in my 'conversation' above with a Sim.

"MC Command Center (or Master Controller Command Center, MCCC) is probably the greatest mod for The Sims 4. It’s purpose is to expand the functionalities and story progression within The Sims 4. It comes with multiple options that tackle different functionalities: adjusting household bills, pregnancy behavior, time settings and many story progression mechanics. If there’s anything you’d like to tweak from the way The Sims 4 behaves – the MC Command Center mod can do it."