Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

18th Stuff Pack Placeholder Leaked

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Why is Lady Gaga going for the Scary look?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    @RavenSpit Yep, still trending and winning stuff so yeah pretty much. Also your comment was a bit unnecessary, no need to be that way.

honestly, it was a genuine question cause I am not in the loop at all with these things...probly cause I don't care...was it unnecessary? Yup.
    Like many other comments.

@RavenSpit Well now you know. Lady Gaga is doing great nowadays. Winning Oscars and writing critically acclaimed albums.
    I'm just saying what Lady Gaga is doing or not isn't so relevant to the thread.

@SimmerGeorge
    It could be very relevant how she’s doing. Her ongoing popularity may give EA/Maxis the incentive to collaborate with her and release a LG stuff pack. We could argue that the attire won’t be of much use if there’s no actual pop star gameplay, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this was to become an actual stuff pack. It would be a limited edition, like Katy’s. Although her clothing style is so out there it will force the townie fashion police to work over time .
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I don’t know what to expect for the next SP, but I sure am excited! Here’s hoping it’s another early January release like Tiny Living (which I think is an underrated pack, I really enjoy it at least).

Anyway, does anyone have a list of the SP concepts that were in previous surveys? Apart from Happy Haunts I don’t seem to remember much of them.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited September 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Why is Lady Gaga going for the Scary look?

@SERVERFRA I think it's just the look she has for Chromatica.
    But you know she's always been doing "scary" stuff. Or things that would be considered scary.
    @RavenSpit Yep, still trending and winning stuff so yeah pretty much. Also your comment was a bit unnecessary, no need to be that way.

honestly, it was a genuine question cause I am not in the loop at all with these things...probly cause I don't care...was it unnecessary? Yup.
    Like many other comments.

@RavenSpit Well now you know. Lady Gaga is doing great nowadays. Winning Oscars and writing critically acclaimed albums.

@SimmerGeorge
    It could be very relevant how she’s doing. Her ongoing popularity may give EA/Maxis the incentive to collaborate with her and release a LG stuff pack. We could argue that the attire won’t be of much use if there’s no actual pop star gameplay, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this was to become an actual stuff pack. It would be a limited edition, like Katy’s. Although her clothing style is so out there it will force the townie fashion police to work over time .

I thought it was irrelevant since there is no indication they are planning to collab with her. I also don't think she would be interested in such a thing. If we're going by how popular popstars are then Ariana Grande would have gotten her own stuff pack a long time ago. Or pretty much any other Popstar doing well.
    I just don't think that a pop stars success has anything to do with The Sims unless there is actual indication they are working on something or have some kind of a deal with EA.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    I would love a Gaga, Grande or Swift stuff pack. Coming with the singer and band addiction we wait so long, so nice why not?

I think somehow, someday they will release a Nordic related pack too. A Stuff with Nordic related elements will be so nice.

And thinking about Iceland, a reference to Björk would be cool too.
    I thought it was irrelevant since there is no indication they are planning to collab with her. I also don't think she would be interested in such a thing. If we're going by how popular popstars are then Ariana Grande would have gotten her own stuff pack a long time ago. Or pretty much any other Popstar doing well.
    I just don't think that a pop stars success has anything to do with The Sims unless there is actual indication they are working on something or have some kind of a deal with EA.

We’re only speculating about the leaked stuff pack though, so it’s alright to wonder whether this is focused on a celebrity and why/how etc.

I wasn’t following social media when I played the sims 3. Has there been an actual indication that Katy Perry was doing a collaboration with The Sims before the pack was announced?
    I know this was not the case with Moschino, M.A.C or Star Wars. So maybe Maxis is indeed in conversation with Grande or Gaga or who ever else is shining out there. We don’t know. We’ve already seen that these guys can surprise us with anything.
    quinhobp wrote: »
    I would love a Gaga, Grande or Swift stuff pack. Coming with the singer and band addiction we wait so long, so nice why not?

I think somehow, someday they will release a Nordic related pack too. A Stuff with Nordic related elements will be so nice.

I would absolutely love a Nordic inspired pack, although not without a world. This deserves at least a GP or EP, not a stuff pack...
    Hot Springs in Iceland...lovely stuff.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

good for her. Well, it was relevant in the sense whether or not there'd be a Lady Gaga Pack, I mean that was the whole reason why I was asking...I didn't mean any harm, she'd be just as valueable a human as everybody else if she wasn't still "arround", but the chances of a stuff pack based on her (style) would be very slim.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

We’re only speculating about the leaked stuff pack though, so it’s alright to wonder whether this is focused on a celebrity and why/how etc.

I wasn’t following social media when I played the sims 3. Has there been an actual indication that Katy Perry was doing a collaboration with The Sims before the pack was announced?
    I know this was not the case with Moschino, M.A.C or Star Wars. So maybe Maxis is indeed in conversation with Grande or Gaga or who ever else is shining out there. We don’t know. We’ve already seen that these guys can surprise us with anything.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I mean Ariana has done video games before so I wouldn't be so surprised. Unless she is still under that contract with Square Enix then maybe she'll do it who knows.

good for her. Well, it was relevant in the sense whether or not there'd be a Lady Gaga Pack, I mean that was the whole reason why I was asking...I didn't mean any harm, she'd be just as valueable a human as everybody else if she wasn't still "arround", but the chances of a stuff pack based on her (style) would be very slim.

@RavenSpit Exactly, like every other person on this planet she's valuable just by existing and not trying to be successful every day. I thought bashing celebrities was so 2011 until I saw how people reacted to your post and honestly I'm suprised simmers would be like that.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member

I would absolutely love a Nordic inspired pack, although not without a world. This deserves at least a GP or EP, not a stuff pack...

Ugh that would be so lovely, any Nordic influence would just be so beautiful, I imagine it could rival sulani.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

Ugh that would be so lovely, any Nordic influence would just be so beautiful, I imagine it could rival sulani.
    I would love a Nordic pack too. I was thrilled when a Norwegian songwriter/singer/producer named Aurora had a song in the Vampires pack because I love her sound listening to the indie genre on Spotify.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    What's with this popstar nonsense? Please we already had our share of bad packs this year, we don't need another Katy Perry pack.

Anyways, the last thing we need is a SP at this point, but since it's coming, I hope it's either
    1) A "Hot Date" SP, including online dating, photo booths, the heart shaped bed and slow dancing;
    2) A 50/60/70/80/90s SP (at least one of those, since they obviously wouldn't make all of them);
    3) A furniture pack, like IKEA or Kitchens and Bathrooms from Sims 2 (cool kitchen stinks)
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    EdithV wrote: »

I would love a Nordic pack too. I was thrilled when a Norwegian songwriter/singer/producer named Aurora had a song in the Vampires pack because I love her sound listening to the indie genre on Spotify.

Ohh I’ll give it a listen! Thanks 😊
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Anyone watch Robot Chicken? Remember Lady Gaga's babysitting business? They could introduce her as a new babysitter NPC! lol
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Anyone watch Robot Chicken? Remember Lady Gaga's babysitting business? They could introduce her as a new babysitter NPC! lol

They could introduce her as a villain in a (Bad) Romance pack. :lol: I love her music, would be great if they add her as a radio staion. :)
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Since Katy Perry pack seemed to have been so popular with recent discussions, Lady Gaga Stuff pack

Oh @Scobre what are you doing to my poor eyes? I’m just after waking up! :D
    Gaga isn’t allowed come anywhere near me in my life. And I certainly don’t want to see her first thing in the morning.
    LOL sorry. I hope you didn't think I was serious. Sadly could see another celeb focused pack done. Personally I would prefer a Steampunk and Gothic Lolita style instead if they are going for a themed stuff pack again just to have something new.

A steampunk gamepack would be cool. That would be something I would definitely predorder.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I like stuff packs, glad there will be another
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited September 2020
    I last thing I want is any more popstar collaborations. They are always past their peak at the time the pack comes out and mark any game as out of date later. All countries have their own favourites and we want less of the US celebrities. We should have had Abba!
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited September 2020
    For stuff packs I wouldn't make mind a
    Teen Stuff
    Pool Stuff
    Mansion & garden Stuff
    Kitchen / Bedroom / Bathroom Stuff
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    What's with this popstar nonsense? Please we already had our share of bad packs this year, we don't need another Katy Perry pack.

Anyways, the last thing we need is a SP at this point, but since it's coming, I hope it's either
    1) A "Hot Date" SP, including online dating, photo booths, the heart shaped bed and slow dancing;
    2) A 50/60/70/80/90s SP (at least one of those, since they obviously wouldn't make all of them);
    3) A furniture pack, like IKEA or Kitchens and Bathrooms from Sims 2 (cool kitchen stinks)

Hotdate would be too big for an SP however a Wedding Stuffpack would fit it then EP 10 could be Hotdate if it isn't a Winter Resorts Pack.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I last thing I want is any more popstar collaborations. They are always past their peak at the time the pack comes out and mark any game as out of date later. All countries have their own favourites and we want less of the US celebrities. We should have had Abba!

For once I totally agree. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Since Katy Perry's Sweet Treats pack for Sims 3 was a flop rather than a hit that Maxis, and EA were hoping for. I don't believe that we'll be seeing any more popstar designed packs for the game. At least not until a popstar has designed one that's big hit anyways.