Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel like ive been in a time capusel

Re downloaded my game today, So many changes and im so lost on everything.

nice costumes tho
Romire - Australian Gamer
image.jpg1_zpsnlvre2v5.jpg

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Welcome back! :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    How long have you been gone?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Welcome back :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• RomireRomire Posts: 2,414 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Last game time was when Get to Work :lol:
    Romire wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

Last game time was when Get to Work :lol:

Yo, that was years ago!! 🤣😱
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Wow, that was five years ago.
    If you need any advice about the
    Expansion Packs, Gamepacks, & Stuff Packs, just ask.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Wow, that was five years ago.
    If you need any advice about the
    Expansion Packs, Gamepacks, & Stuff Packs, just ask.

Scary anit it :lol:

Going to try and see what ive got on my end, might restart my sim fam
    Annnd my mods screw the game, holy simlish!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I was never able to use any mods, not even the very basic ones. My computer keeps rejecting any mods. But I'm very creative with my Hybrids Sims & my builds. I just love the Sims 4 cheat codes in the game.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member

Yeah, for the big ones we have to update them every patch. My MCC Command Center isn't quite working even with the latest update -- not sure why. Some modules are fine, some not. I can't cheat past the more tedious aspiration steps for now. >:)
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited September 2020

The latest update broke a LOT of mods in a lot of different ways. MCCC is updated and Meaningful Stories still works, waiting for updates from the rest of my essential mods.

And if you haven't played since GTW any CC you have still have from then will have been broken at least 3 times, by the toddler patch, Cats & Dogs, Island Living at least.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Welcome back!

I would just remove any mods you have, and probably any CC also.

Start a fresh game also. If it was me, I would just trash the S4 folder and start completely fresh :D
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Wow, can easily see how overwhelming it might be to find all those packs :) The game has become pretty good olver the years, coming from someone who really was not convinced back in 2014-2015.

I do not use many mods, and have no problems. The only mod I can't play without is UI Cheat mod, but that one is updated very quickly, and it's not game breaking if I need to leave it out for a couple days either.

Never had patches causing problems to ordinary CC, but that might be because I don't use CC that require mods.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Yeah, for the big ones we have to update them every patch. My MCC Command Center isn't quite working even with the latest update -- not sure why. Some modules are fine, some not. I can't cheat past the more tedious aspiration steps for now. >:)

I got my mods working. lost a whole batch of cooking mods for the resturant part, ill have to re look for new ones.

Mostly had: Extra Waiters, Chefs and Easy cooking or something.
    Welcome back!

I would just remove any mods you have, and probably any CC also.

Start a fresh game also. If it was me, I would just trash the S4 folder and start completely fresh :D

Already working on it :P
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Awesome @Romire I experiment with mods a lot lately, so I tend to pull my whole S4 folder out (even with mods) and delete it. I love that you can play it after deleting that folder and it automatically regenerates a brand new folder.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    Welcome back. luthienrising has done an amazing job updating the broken mods for each patch, so I recommend starting here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980785/broken-updated-mods-cc-sw-jb-sept-2020/p1

We have a new CM SimGuruFrost and new forum mods. EA_Leeloo is the head mod now.

You can check out this to see what packs there are now:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs

Sadly easiest way to keep up with the latest news:
    https://twitter.com/i/lists/994711305746501632?lang=en

Sims 4 became a reality show too called Spark'd.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    So heres my working mods https://imgur.com/a/0Nx8q4p
    Yeah you need to update that UI mod as a start. It broke with the recent patch.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    The UI mod always breaks on every patch. :D You just have to update that for sure.

Other than that, I'd say don't look at packs first but look at all the free upgrades to the game.

We have toddlers now. XD And nice terrain tools!
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Scobre wrote: »

I think i have it updated
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2020

It looks like he's got the current version of the mods -- since he's Australian they write the date backwards. :D

@Romire I have MCCC, UI Cheats, and Frimlin's Rewards Store. Using cheats to finish University throws out Last Exception errors, so you might need to go clear out your Sims 4 folder of all of those once in a while since you don't have MCCC to alert you. Maybe just start a new save to play around with all the cool new stuff like toddlers and terrain tools; there've been some fairly frequent sales if you're looking to pick up some of the DLC you've missed so keep your eyes (and wallet) out for those. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

It looks like he's got the current version of the mods -- since he's Australian they write the date backwards. :D

Romire I have MCCC, UI Cheats, and Frimlin's Rewards Store. Using cheats to finish University throws out Last Exception errors, so you might need to go clear out your Sims 4 folder of all of those once in a while since you don't have MCCC to alert you. Maybe just start a new save to play around with all the cool new stuff like toddlers and terrain tools; there've been some fairly frequent sales if you're looking to pick up some of the DLC you've missed so keep your eyes (and wallet) out for those. :)
    Oh true didn't think of that. I learned about that while learning French. The new windows update that came with the new patch is nice too.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Welcome back and have FUN!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/