Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do to the Munch house?

I love Windenburg, and most of the homes are decently built. The Munch house is cute and feels different, but has a horrible floor plan. I mean, yes it might be cool getting the feeling of walking corridors all your life, after all long corridors do suggest a large house, but I never saw anything like this elsewhere in the TS4 universe.

I have not edited the floor plan yet, as I only played that house on and off. But I seriously think of reorganizing it all. I'm aware that some uniqueness is good though, and that houses in Windenburg very well can have a different feel than other worlds.

Same goes for the Dresden House where the Fyres family resides. Especially 2nd floor feels like lots of wasted floor.

So, what did you do?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    edited August 2020
    lilsimsie renovated the house in (i feel) the best way possible. i feel the munch house is just a series of boxes with random hallways in between lol. i think i’d just get rid of the hallways, but keep the pool house and maybe turn it into a butler’s quarters if you have the VG stuff pack!
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I bulldozed it because of that horrible floor plan :/ Now thinking that doing a reno might be fun, because you could really make an impact.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I've redone it several times, my gallery name is Purpleparasite if you want a look. I put an upper floor on it at one point in another reno I redid the floor plan and turned that little shed out back into a flat for Gunther, I gave it a cosier feel because as it stands it's pretty cold and I think if you're going to have traditional furniture it should be traditional throughout or blend the two. I blend the two a lot. I really enjoy seeing what can be done with the EA houses and in certain cases I really enjoy bulldozing them too.
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    I kept the house mostly the same because I have no issues with a house having a central access corridor and rooms accessed off it. Makes sense to me?

I think the main change I made was to split Lucas and Wolfgang’s room into two separate rooms for privacy.

In Dresden House I use the upper floor as a multi purpose space, with a piano for Dominic to use for work purposes and a space for Morgan to work on school projects.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2020
    honestly I have yet to do anything with those families or houses ive probably never even visited those lots but now I am thinking that maybe i should go and play some house makeover
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Thanx for the input! I just can't make up my mind re the Munch house. I want to keep the long corridor from the entrance door, it's different from other houses. But I guess the other corridors must go, somehow. I'll keep the backyard shed, Mila Munch is a dedicated member of the Historical Society, and use that room for her genealogy research etc. She has covered the walls with family trees, it's good to keep those things out of the house :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    In one save I made the hobby shack in the back into a guest quarter and moved in 1-3 tourists for a few days each.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Oh, I deleted it (along with the rest of the world’s buildings). 🙂
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I once renovated it in my Premades 2025 save. I can't remember what I did though, except make space for all the kids Gunther and Ulrike had :joy:
    Most recently, I've rebuilt all of Windenburg from scratch, I'm currently furnishing the last lot. So the Munch house has been replaced by a stylish Tudor inspired mansion.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I enjoy renovating the pre-built houses so that’s what I did.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    There are some premade houses that are too big, and with too many floors, for my playstyle, I prefer not to play in big mansions, where the routing takes a large part of the sim's days. So I demolish those and exchange them to something more fitting my world.

But the Munch's house, the Coorinberg Cottage, I actually think is surprisingly well thought out: all the rooms are on one floor plan (stairs are time-consuming to pace); all the rooms of equal size for flexibility, and tightly planned, with the outer door in the midst of them. The little building in the yard offers variation in family life play,

I have yet to place any sims in that house in my rotational save, but thinking about it I would perhaps place out a couple of doors in the middle room, closest to the house door, having that as the first one for any guests, to keep them gathered and controlled; perhaps keeping it as a dining room like it is now, and move in a family that likes to entertain all their many middle-aged friends. Perhaps moving the outer door a couple of grids inwards, to minimize the pace from it, since I appreciate good routing more than looks. The house, as everything in Windenburg, is very pretty though.

I would probably move the kitchen closer to the center, and easily accessed from the dining room, perhaps switching place with the bedroom facing the street, with the yellow bed; and enlarge it some, in the direction of the bathroom and the former kitchen, now parent's bed room.

I don't usually play kids, but this house and it's location in Windenburg tells me a child, with calm happy unpretentious parents, could grow up here, middle class, in all the greenery; and have their life take an unexpected turn. The kid's room would be theirs, and I'd make a small bathroom for them, inside that room's borders, to limit wait time in the game; and also because the family can afford it, parents being stabily employed, in, let's say the education and law careers. There is incidentally already a work space in the house.

I'm not one for grilling outside, and always remove those premade preplaced objects, and so the area of stonepaved relief between the main house and the little addition, I'd turn into a lovely flower garden for socializing, with flower pots, tables and chairs - and I do wish the game would get one of those bench-hammocks - and a small raised wooden dancefloor. I would add a door in the end of the corridor facing the yard, since there is none.

The little additional building, or friggebod as I would call it, could at first be a play room, with games of any kind, outdated decorations and a run-down sofa; perhaps a rebuilt kid's play house in favour of the growing child, or an old tool shed. And why don't have the teen move out there when they are past the preteen years; playing music and staying up all night; leaving the kid's room to be remodeled into a living room with sofas, and that nasty thing called a TV, or a rocking chair..

Depending on what happens for the teen, the little building is easily turned into a small living quarters for an, unrelated to the family, young person, renting it, a 'roommate'; with a small bathroom, and necessary kitchen appliances.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    bulldozed >:)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited September 2020
    It looks like this provided it is the right "Munch house".
    01_09_10.png

Fyres:
    01_09_11.png

01_09_12.png

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2020
    I made edited version of munch house with less hallways :smile:

the gallery ID is zimzziyo if anyone is interested
    though i used tons of packs cause i just can't help doing that everytime :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free