Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who do you play as?? (Race and Gender wise)

Comments

• nahnahtodeinahnahtodei Posts: 58 Member
    I play everyone! I honestly randomize Sims a lot to get a base and then change the details but obviously they've been given random skin tones, etc.

I never play occult and hardly ever play elders or teens (too many limitations for these two age groups) but everything else is very balanced, no matter if I look at age, gender, race, personality... well, I suppose I don't play evil Sims very often. I like to be able to stand my creations. :D
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited September 2020
    I do create different sims of race because I find this pretty interesting, I like very much genetics and how it tends to make people beautiful in their ways, very unique in our planet, our world, we are so lucky to be who we are, how diverse we are ! That's so fascinating to me. It is very hard, I am far to succeed but I am proud of what I have done. And kudo if I contribute to break prejudices. This is that I perfection of the Human Race , the Genetic Lottery that made us so PERFECT , so DIFFERENT we want to pay tribute in my sims games. Far from the lies of the medias and fashion industry/modeling industries that tells X or Y "races" or "people" is ugly to be not represented, or should not be represented in games too I do not understand this silly ban in our societies.We are of course different cultures but we are so much in common if we dig down.
    All my sims no matter how they are made, are aliens without powers most of them. A group of them are occults and some are fully aliens.
    That is about the "races" part. I really hate the Communautarism we are all human with the same life aspirations. So I do not label myself here by my colourskin . This is NOT define me !

Now about sexualities all are hetero or cold traits by default but if they are LGTBQ as I see some of my supposed heteros turned into gays in my ts4 (or in TS3 or TS2 the other games I play) I notice that, I rather discovered this for myself, I let them be what they want by themselves. I do force them to stay what I choose for them, if they can change and be what they want, I rather like this.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    My sims don't have races. They're sims, and not humans.
    Whatever culture they have in their game that may or may not have been based off RL culture ( lookin' at you WA ) is sim culture and not at all indicative of anything in my real world.
    My sims come in all shapes and sizes and all colours. I play black & white sims, purple, orange, brown, blue and every other rainbow colour. I have regular sims, witches, fairies, aliens, plantsims, ghosts and werewolves.

That is what I love so much about this game. I can virtually create any type of little sim person I like, and play out any kind of story for them <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I branch out occasionally, but looking back over my history I mostly play gay, white men like me.

I can't play Self-Sims (though I have made them on occasion). It just feels creepy.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Wow this is a good question!

I'm a white female and in my very early 30's and I play white, female sims more but a few Chinese and Japanese sims have popped up from time to time. I would love to make a darker skinned sim but the darker skin tones just don't seem right (as a lot of other simmers have been saying) so hopefully, when the skins have been updated I will be able to do more darker skinned sim.

I fail so bad at making male sims, they just never look the way I want them too but I will keep trying to make it work!
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm a Caucasian female from Scandinavia and 40 yrs old. I play premades only and always males, save for my transwoman. Sims 4 women are a different breed than me, can't relate to them. I also don't do regular family play and always have aging off. My Sims all have darker skintones and hair - the opposite of how I look in real life. My husband has darker skin and hair than me as well.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I'm a white female and I usually just randomize sims and tweak them with different hair and makeup. I hardly ever change facial features or anything like that. Currently in my game I have 2 black females, a white family of 5, an elderly white couple, and a mixed (one white male/one dark male) gay couple. They all pretty much act exactly the same to me, so I don't spend too much time trying to match looks with personality.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    White female age 24 here. Pretty much everything. I don’t have a preference tbh. Making very different sims is most interesting to me.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    a play a mix for example i start off with a whtie/black/purple woman then make them have kids and kids and genorations passs and most of the kids are a mix
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited September 2020
    I am a black lesbian and I tend to primarily play with black sims, mostly gay males or lesbians. My couples, however, tend to be mixed.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I don't play as anyone. I play a variety of different sims of various hues, genders, ages, and species.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    • For TS1 my main families were Japanese as I played an anime that I was watching way back then. Of course, then my Japanese sims would give birth to blond white kids... that was always funny.
    • For TS2 my main families are Black, White, Ethnic Jewish/Romanian and my hood sims are a mix of Black, White, Latino, Japanese, Pacific Islander, and Greek. (I play with empty hood templates and create all of my sims myself)
    • For TS2 I play Black, White, Japanese, Selvadoradian (Hispanic-esque?), and European sims. I haven't played the Islanders yet.

I don't know if it's just my game, but in TS4 my world sims always generate as Asian or they generate as white, brown, black with a common Japanese name and surname... is this normal? I don't like that and tend to delete a lot of sims.

You shoulda been a fly-on-the-wall when my wife went to "Japanese" class on first day roll-call. Calls out my Japanese last name. My wife, a caucasian woman stands up. Teacher was hella confused. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I never have sims of different races, like human races. I wouldn't know the difference anyway, I mean what makes a sim south-east asian, or chinese or japanese? Or a black sim, is it from Uganda, South-Africa or New York? Like when I make-over randoms. I can't tell where in our world the sim hails from. Same with names, sometimes I Google last names so I at least will know the general area of its origin, then I check if the sims first name is also common in that area, and if their skin tone match somewhat. Just because it doesn't feel right for a black person to have an asian name. Or the other way around. or a caucasian person with an Islander name. The randomizer is really out of whack.

I avoid the darkest tones, especially for females, if I want them to have make-up on. If I can't find anything that looks good, I'll leave them without. I'm pretty pale myself, but there are many of the palest tones I avoid too. I tend to create sims with light tan or darker skin. I'm not putting a label on them and deciding what nationality they are, they're sims not humans.

For genders, I have a lot of male sims, but the last year or so more females have been created in my game. Still, I think the majority are male. I tend to grab the odd random or premade too, of both genders. Some are straight, some gay/lesbian. That's the extent of my LGBTQ+ play, I don't know much about other types. I'm a white Scandinavian, 50+ straight woman. I play with what I feel like at the moment.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    I purposely make multicultural families. I started my legacy family with an Irish dad and Jewish mom. Their kids married a Chinese woman, a black woman (Octavia Moon), and a Mediterranean mermaid. Some of the grandkids married middle Eastern fashion designer (Rohan from DU) a blond British lawyer, a Russian spy, and a Haitian musician. Also, Scorpia from She-Ra is in my legacy family as my ace/aro's platonic life pal.
    My Sims are all possible genders and sexual orientations.
  • GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    I usually find myself making the same generic family-oriented white women. 😂
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'm actually a mixed race female (white and Asian), but the vast majority of the Sims I play with are mostly white guys, with only like, three females in a line-up of more than 8 of them. Pre-made Sims are boring, I like my cast to be filled with dorks with a unifying color-scheme across all their outfits. I usually make a jerk Sim too who's really ugly, has a very terrible fashion sense, has an annoying high-pitched voice, and everyone hates him because he's constantly mean to everyone but it is satisfying to see him instantly get netted with an atrocious reputation or when karma finally catches up to him and when he dies, literally everyone there laughs at his body.

Too many of my Sims have a bad reputation even when they're actually supposed to be nice guys, likely solely because of that Sim constantly angering them at whatever chance he gets lol. I probably overdo it on his mean interactions so I find it tough to net any other Sim unfortunate enough to be with him a good or even neutral reputation lol.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm very fussy with sims and very much a perfectionist, my sims are basically all white YA sims that look like models. I spend a lot of time trying to make the "perfect sim" before I can start playing. I don't play darker skinned sims or other ethnicities though as that's not my ethnicity and it doesn't feel right for me.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    Despite being a woman my households over in the Sims 2 and 3 generally just mix up race and gender since a lot of the CAS I make are game characters and the occasional celebrety... Or me. No matter whos race or gender they are I'll play anything and anyone I make... Including Servos and other Robots in the series which are so enbies to me.

I used to make my self-sim a man throughout the whole series for some unknown reason... Thankfully estrogen potion mods solved that sudden mood to change, which brings to point that I like to add some story to the more ordinary characters I play/make, some are trans since I generally slowly transition them visually with clothes/hair until I then change their ingame body type and voice completely, spices things up when I can see them change overtime to be themselves.

99% of my neighbourhood (including premades) ends up gay/lesbian though out of preference.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I play as all genders & gender expressions, with a fairly even mix of LGBT & straight couples. I have one continuous game going, and create new sims in the game as it suits story purposes. Race wise my first Sim was white & I tend to mostly create white Sims, although in game I will have characters in interracial relationships with NPCs. Recently I've been trying to create more Sims of colour, but I'm often internally concerned that I'm tokenising people in this way.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    I'm a 63-year-old white woman and I play all different Sims - skin colors, hair colors, ages, and sexual orientation. Where I'm at my most picky is in creating cats and dogs. I don't go for exotic or designer-type critters. I prefer my favs (tuxedo cat, tabby cat, German shepherds, Golden Retrievers, Corgi, Labs) and mixes of breeds.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited November 2020
    I am a white female and so are most of my sims. I have only ever made...6 sims, I think? They just have way too many kids, grandkids, great-grandkids and so on. And as all of my sims are immortal and tend to birth daughters, the number of blonde, either green- or purple-eyed female sims in my game keeps growing to the point where even I sometimes have difficulties telling them apart.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I play all different types of sims male, female, black, white, latino, hectro, gay, lesbian, asexual etc. It depends on the sim and their story. A lot are generational gameplay from my simself but I still play other households of different genders, race and orientation. Then I have the different occult types too which add even more diversity in a different way to the game.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I play the family as I wish they could be. But I make sure that their neighborhood is diverse and inclusive.
  • teamjenteamjen Posts: 50 Member
    I am black but when I played sims 3 I rarely played with black sims. It wasn’t until the last several years I started to create and play with them. I started playing the game in 09 and I was 8/9 and my family question why I wouldn’t play with black sims. To me at the time I wouldn’t really consider their race like most of them to me was just lightskin but they said they were white.My sister and aunt even called me a colorists (my sister still believe that which is beyond me). Idk why but any darker skin tones in sims 3 just looked bad to me especially in 4 before the skin update. Any ethnic hair they had were also bad as well.

Now in 4 I play with more black sims but I also been dabbling in Asian sims ( all of them) and a few white people. I just create whatever I want and play with any sim I want.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited January 2021
    I play a big rotation of sims of various backgrounds. All of my sims have back stories and origins. They're all individual characters, not stereotypes. I try to minimize racism, sexism and homophobia in a tolerant, relaxed world. The characters in the households that I play with are just ones that interest me likely because I've been able to give them interesting personalities and then they interact with the worlds that they live in.

Some of the pre-mades married into my game or are ones that I played with for whatever reason. For example, when I got City Living, I found it interesting to play Raj Rasoya and Salim Benali as very different characters. Raj had a traditional marriage and 5 kids who have now grown up. The adult Rasoyas are part of my game. I know Raj wasn't generally that popular with most players but I thought he was kind of interesting as a more traditional sim except that he loved cooking so he spoiled his wife with gourmet food. No, I didn't have any weird plot between his mother and him, they just lived together and she nagged him to get married. Salim is much more modern and artsy. He married his best friend, a beautiful female bartender who was also from his culture. They live in a modern apartment and have a lot of money because he is a successful writer and she is an art critic. He has artsy sons whom he just wants to be happy.

Those are just examples. One of my characters married a yoga instructor named Jose Lopez. Jose went on to marry a few times and had numerous kids. As a result, there are a lot of Lopez descendants in my game. I mean, they're all characters. I don't think anyone is me or that I'm appropriating anything, just being inclusive. I'm of the opinion that people can generally do what they want with the game.

I have a bunch of households, I include different cultures and I'm open-minded. Recently I played with Bess Sterling and decided that I like her but her roommate in the game bored me so I split them up and moved him out. Bess interested me as an independent, entrepreneurial lady. She went to The Caboose and hit it off with one of Raj Rasoya's decendants so I rolled with it. They got married and live together in that urban townhouse/loft. I don't think that's better or worse than how anyone else plays. I've got a lot of other households as well including a lot of caucasians. For example, though I've only played them a little bit, the Harrises from EL are hilarious. Yes, I play them as a bit of a trashy blue collar family so far. The older son is desperate to get out. When I play that household, they only play the Americana and modern country radio stations.

As I mentioned, I view them as characters and I think that making them all multi-dimensional if I want to play them is the way to go. I don't view anyone as being representative of an entire real ethnicity. Having a more multicultural save with all different sims of different backgrounds is just more interesting to me. That said, if I don't click with a particular pre-made family or household, I don't need to either. I try to check in with all of them at first. If some people feel like they need to be more represented in the game, that's also fine with me.

One thing I will say is that if something is added to the game, then it's there to be played with or not by the players. I do think it's a better game when it's more inclusive but I'm also all for more gameplay for all sims.

I'm just doing my thing, my game is diverse but I'm not stereotyping. Every sim is just a character and I try to make any that I play complex. I also equally play male and female sims with no actual preference. My male sims have emotions and feelings. My female sims make different decisions about how they want to live their lives. Some are more traditional; some are not. My hero of Strangerville was a woman who loved handiness, computer programming and saving the day. I don't think anyone else needs to play like me but if someone is going to tell me that I shouldn't play with a character I can make in the game, I'm going to ignore them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.