Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited September 2020
    Apologies in advance, this chapter is stupidly long. An exception, not a new norm, honest.

On the bright side, the focus is fully on Dandy today, so yay?

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited September 2020
    I haven't read yet I'm just in love with your banner chapter pic? (whatever this is called) :love:
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Woo! First chapter from Dandy’s point of view! :mrgreen:
    Oof, Dandelion… this whole chapter is one big series of innocent cuteness, cluelessness and misunderstandings between the two of them T.T And did he put on a nice shirt and pants just for her, too? I just now noticed the dandelion tattoo on his arm. Aww man, the detail you put in your sims <3

Also, what is that pretty Eden place and how do I get it? It was gorgeous!

Dandy has such a crush on her yet no idea that that is what those feelings are. He doesn’t seem to understand symbolism and innuendo, either. Poor guy doesn’t even understand that he is jealous of Morgyn.
    “And I love you. You know, as a friend.”
    Ow. Ouch. Owwww. Yuppety. Also, am I crazy, or did Dandy just hint at L Faba having had a crush on Morgyn at some point in the past? Unless he just meant having a crush in general. Though unreciprocated love could also be it. Gah, who did Faba have a crush on? Now I gotta know! xD

Aw man, when the conversation reached family T.T gah, my heart. Dandy is trying so hard, but there’s so many gloomy topics and yet it feels like Cordelia does need go through a conversation or two with someone she trusts… I’m glad that they were able to lift the mood in the end. And she kissed him on the cheek! I hope that Dandy either realizes his feelings at some point, or grows past them subconsciously. Poor fella.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited September 2020
    @mercuryfoam Thank you! I had many good ones to choose from this time around :)

@DeafSimmer
    I'm not sure if Cordelia is currently capable of seeing anyone other than Morgyn in a romantic light. It was more of a platonic kiss, seeing that it was Love Day, she was just being nice. Who knows, maybe one day she'll get over Morgyn. But that day hasn't quite come yet.

@_sims_Yimi
    Ow. Ouch. Owwww. Yuppety.
    You seem to be suffering from the same gut pain as Dandelion, have you eaten too many cupcakes too? That's probably it...

Joking aside, I did feel for him here, poor thing, he's still so innocent and clueless :heartbreak: And all he wants is for her to be happy... bless him.

He's not been wearing short sleeves much over the winter, so you can finally see his tattoo, yes! I thought it would be a cute touch :) The one he has on his other hand matches L Faba's.

Who knows, maybe L Faba will reveal who she had a crush on one day. Since Dandy didn't share... though somehow I'm not sure if a girls' chat is on the cards for Cordelia and L Faba either :D

Edit: I forgot to reply about Eden, it is rather pretty, isn't it? Figured it would be fun to expand Sylvan Glade a bit further out, beyond just Dandy's little elf cottage :) On the gallery the lot is just called Sylvan Glade Cottage and it's by AvocadoFresh1 - I removed the actual cottage it comes with though.
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @ThePlumbob, @_sims_Yimi
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @_sims_Yimi
    Who knows, maybe L Faba will reveal who she had a crush on one day. Since Dandy didn't share... though somehow I'm not sure if a girls' chat is on the cards for Cordelia and L Faba either :D

I thought LFaba crushed on Dandy the whole time. >.> I had it in my head that (WILD THEORIES INCOMING) That LFaba used to be as innocent as Dandy, but her selection to becoming the Sage changed her to the point of what she is now. And then I had another theory that Dandy didn't use to be like this. That he grew up along with the rest of the world, but LFaba did something to him and he ended up the way he is now. Or that she did something to him then that made him keep his innocence. :lol:

edited September 2020
    @mercuryfoam
    Those are some juicy theories indeed, I love it! Until Dandy or L Faba shed a bit more light on their past, nothing's out of the realm of possibility! Admittedly it would seem a little unlikely that Dandy would have been talking about himself when he revealed the tidbit bout L Faba having been in love but who knows, he's already been established as clueless :)
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Dandy is just too adorably clueless. <3 Dandy plans a romantic day with Cordelia but is too clueless to realize he has romantic feelings for her. Not that it would get him anywhere, Cordelia is still hung up on Morgyn. Still, I love Cordelia and Dandy's friendship even if it doesn't turn into something romantic. They can be themselves around each other.

Now I'm curious about L Faba and her past from the previous discussions. My gut tells me that it isn't Morgyn that she had a crush on, I don't know why, since the clues seem to point to Morgyn. The line that Cordelia and L Faba had more in common than they thought. I'm thinking it's someone like Morgyn, that didn't return her affections, and Dandy probably witnessed this. I believe that there is nothing romantic between L Faba and Dandy, just that they are like family. I still think that something bad happened in elf-land, and L Faba sort of rescued Dandy and brought both of them to Sylvan Glade, but I don't know why I'm clinging to this theory so much, it's probably wrong, lol.
    @lone_cat
    That is a good point - even if Dandy was aware of what his feelings are, Cordelia is probably not in a place to be able to reciprocate. They definitely can (and have been) good for each other as friends too, without necessarily getting romantically involved.

Ooh, more theories! I love it! I'm enjoying how much the speculation varies from person to person. Like I said, we don't really have that many confirmed facts yet, so almost any theory is fair game for now :)
    Elsewhere, we get a whole other take on Love Day...
    edited September 2020
    @DeafSimmer
    For sure. Not a great deal of commitment coming from either side here. And you're right, she associates Micah with a very unpleasant memory, after all.
    Chapter 38
    Okay. I complain about Morgyn a lot, but they put some real effort in a good second date. Romantic location, nice decorations, candle-lit dinner… I mean, it was probably all put there with a flick of the wrist, but still. At least some planning went into that, haha. It looked real nice, Plumbob :mrgreen: You're doing a great job with sets lately! Eden in the last chapter, too.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited September 2020
    @_sims_Yimi
    Morgyn does like to go all out for dates, we've seen that with the Von Haunt Estate outing, after all :) I did find it kind of amusing that Morgyn got all the champagne and snacks and Micah was like nah, don't want any of that. :D

Thank you! My thought process there was along the lines of "What decorations would Morgyn want to add? All of them. Absolutely all of them." :D I figured I'd make it match the way I did Morgyn's room too, a lot of red and gold and very over the top, haha.

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    It was a difficult book to read ... but very interesting <3
    @MonaSolstraale
    The chapter name is definitely a bit of a misnomer, nobody on that Love Day date was being an open book, in spite of Micah's claims :)
    @DeafSimmer
    You're right, delving into ancient ruins is not for everyone - probably not IRL either :) Cordelia is certainly no Tomb Raider :D Hopefully Morgyn knows what they're doing. If she agrees to come along, that is.
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    Getting out my hammer and nails. I'm not too good at naming ships and all, so I won't even try for a name.
    Chapter 39
    Holy cow, the lingerie in this chapter is off the charts XD of course Morgyn would dress in something like that. The best part is that they still pale compared to Micah, haha.
    “I am quite capable of focusing on more than one thing.”
    Pffffft. Right. Morgyn, you have the attention span of a lightning bolt. You are the definition of not being able to focus on something for long. Multitasking only makes you worse at it, not better. Stop being so full of yourself.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited September 2020
    @mypalsim1
    Haha, I've actually given ship names zero thought when naming the characters. Let's see... Mordelia or Cordelion sound so delightfully stupid that they almost work (the ship names, not the ships themselves, that's a different story altogether :D ). As for your ship.. Corcah? Doesn't have that great of a ring to it. Don't let that stop your building work, of course :D

@_sims_Yimi
    Of course Morgyn dresses up. I don't imagine Micah would. He's not very frilly. Morgyn is all frill, obvs.

Hahaha attention span of a lightning bolt. Sounds about right.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    I love the energy you put into disgusting Morgyn :joy:
    A 4.862 thousand gnome army. Nothing less can match their split personality :lol:
    @_sims_Yimi
    A 4.862 thousand gnome army. Nothing less can match their split personality :lol:

I've been wanting to join forces with Verena and attack Magic HQ just to wipe that smirk of Morgyn's face, but @ThePlumbob won't let me talk to her. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    @_sims_Yimi

I've been wanting to join forces with Verena and attack Magic HQ just to wipe that smirk of Morgyn's face, but @ThePlumbob won't let me talk to her. :D

I mean, the magic realm is not that big. It might be a struggle to even fit 4,862 gnomes in there.