March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show me your current Sim Families!

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I’m currently playing with the Zimmermanns, a family of four German grandmas living in the old town of Windenburg.

zimmerfrauenimwohnzimfijf4.jpg

The story behind this is that the house originally belonged to one of them, and her own family, but after her kids moved out and her husband died, she didn’t want to be alone and invited her two sisters and her sister-in-law to stay with her. Each of them deliberately lives up to a different grandma stereotype.

Frieda – The Gentle Matriarch
    01friedaruj5f.png
    Your classic grandma, Frieda loves to bake, knit, tend to the garden and read bedtime stories to children. When her sisters are at work, she likes to busy herself with household chores until they come home to a lavish dinner, also prepared by her. On weekends, Frieda earns a little money on the side as a babysitter and keeps in touch with her two daughters, Ingrid and Rebecca, who have started their own families in Brindleton Bay and Oasis Springs, respectively.

Waltraud – The Hipster Crone
    02waltraudbhkx7.png
    She may have the same face as Frieda, but is her twin’s polar opposite in terms of personality. In an effort not to become embittered like her older sister Mechthild, Waltraud does everything in her power to stay young and trendy, both in her personal life and her job as a style influencer. You want to know about the latest fashion, what musicians are currently trending, or which celebrities are dating? Ask Waltraud!

Dietlinde – The Wise Old Woman
    03dietlindec1jqs.png
    Just as curious and eager to stay up to date as her wife Waltraud, albeit in a very different way, Dietlinde is the intellectual of the group. Through her never-ending quest to learn more about the world, she has earned several university degrees and become a walking encyclopedia of the strangest, rarest, and most fascinating knowledge that she is willing to share with anyone who’ll listen, without ever slipping into insufferable know-it-all territory.

Mechthild – The Grumpy Hag
    04mechthildu4k6g.png
    Don’t you feel like today’s youth is completely useless, technological progress ought to be feared, and everything was better in the old days? Well, that’s how Mechthild feels, anyway. Constantly complaining and seeing the worst in everything, the unmarried oldest of the Zimmermann sisters is not an easy person to deal with. Just don’t tell her that or she might literally curse you – because she doesn’t just look and behave like your typical wicked witch, she is in fact a spellcaster!
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited February 2021
    REMOVED BECAUSE OF EA
    Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    I’m currently playing with the Zimmermanns, a family of four German grandmas living in the old town of Windenburg.

zimmerfrauenimwohnzimfijf4.jpg

The story behind this is that the house originally belonged to one of them, and her own family, but after her kids moved out and her husband died, she didn’t want to be alone and invited her two sisters and her sister-in-law to stay with her. Each of them deliberately lives up to a different grandma stereotype.

Frieda – The Gentle Matriarch
    01friedaruj5f.png
    Your classic grandma, Frieda loves to bake, knit, tend to the garden and read bedtime stories to children. When her sisters are at work, she likes to busy herself with household chores until they come home to a lavish dinner, also prepared by her. On weekends, Frieda earns a little money on the side as a babysitter and keeps in touch with her two daughters, Ingrid and Rebecca, who have started their own families in Brindleton Bay and Oasis Springs, respectively.

Waltraud – The Hipster Crone
    02waltraudbhkx7.png
    She may have the same face as Frieda, but is her twin’s polar opposite in terms of personality. In an effort not to become embittered like her older sister Mechthild, Waltraud does everything in her power to stay young and trendy, both in her personal life and her job as a style influencer. You want to know about the latest fashion, what musicians are currently trending, or which celebrities are dating? Ask Waltraud!

Dietlinde – The Wise Old Woman
    03dietlindec1jqs.png
    Just as curious and eager to stay up to date as her wife Waltraud, albeit in a very different way, Dietlinde is the intellectual of the group. Through her never-ending quest to learn more about the world, she has earned several university degrees and become a walking encyclopedia of the strangest, rarest, and most fascinating knowledge that she is willing to share with anyone who’ll listen, without ever slipping into insufferable know-it-all territory.

Mechthild – The Grumpy Hag
    04mechthildu4k6g.png
    Don’t you feel like today’s youth is completely useless, technological progress ought to be feared, and everything was better in the old days? Well, that’s how Mechthild feels, anyway. Constantly complaining and seeing the worst in everything, the unmarried oldest of the Zimmermann sisters is not an easy person to deal with. Just don’t tell her that or she might literally curse you – because she doesn’t just look and behave like your typical wicked witch, she is in fact a spellcaster!

Lol love this idea. I don't know though the wise old woman doesn't seem so old to me. This is just classic. I love how you did the stereo types for elders, but we know that every grandma doesn't fit into these categories, but you did a great job in pegging them. Too bad all old hags don't have a costume to identify them lol.

Great background on them.
    Goosey wrote: »
    I have like 20+ families so I'll just post the first one I made when I started playing the game. They've been modified many times though since I first made them with different CC. My guy here used to be clean shaven but the stress of his job turned him into a raging alcoholic.
    c8SNNqb.jpg
    Hard to get a good shot of them all, they never look at the camera at same time and have a derpy look or a dumb grin on their face most of the time.

They are still in the same house I first started them in also... it's way too small so I need to move them somewhere else or maybe split them up and have half of them move somewhere else.

What are their names? I like the looks of the girl in front. She reminds me of someone, but can't put my finger on it. Those are some wicked sexy outfits on them. Does the guy have any relationship with any of them? If so he is one lucky guy lol. Great game. Love it.
  • nahnahtodeinahnahtodei Posts: 58 Member
    I put my challenges on hold because I wanted to build and decorate a bit. Built a nice, big family home and got so attached to the idea of the family who I imagined lived there that I decided to create them. Then I didn't want to just cheat them into this end-game house so I dumped them into the EA starter house next door and now we're just... making money!

Mom Kellie is a very passionate painter. Daughter Aleah inherited that trait, but on top of painting, she also -really- likes music. (Not that she's very good at playing the violin yet. Everyone suffers.) Dad is a computer fan who's working on the engineering career but can't afford any of the stuff he needs to actually get somewhere in his career so we're progressing very slowly. And then there's little Anthony who mostly enjoys ruining his sister's school projects and following his mom around like a little duckling.

Since we're working towards a very real goal, they got the basic necessities for the home and every single extra simoleon is being saved for the future house! No unnecessary expenses allowed. ;)

hxz5ptmk.png
    bsgvedgo.png
    I put my challenges on hold because I wanted to build and decorate a bit. Built a nice, big family home and got so attached to the idea of the family who I imagined lived there that I decided to create them. Then I didn't want to just cheat them into this end-game house so I dumped them into the EA starter house next door and now we're just... making money!

Mom Kellie is a very passionate painter. Daughter Aleah inherited that trait, but on top of painting, she also -really- likes music. (Not that she's very good at playing the violin yet. Everyone suffers.) Dad is a computer fan who's working on the engineering career but can't afford any of the stuff he needs to actually get somewhere in his career so we're progressing very slowly. And then there's little Anthony who mostly enjoys ruining his sister's school projects and following his mom around like a little duckling.

Since we're working towards a very real goal, they got the basic necessities for the home and every single extra simoleon is being saved for the future house! No unnecessary expenses allowed. ;)

hxz5ptmk.png
    bsgvedgo.png

Aleah is sooo pretty. I love how you are setting goals and not letting them spend frivolously. When you working toward a goal it makes doing without easier. How much is the house going to cost them? Lol at progressing slowly in dad's career. I think dad should take some of those simoleans to make it possible to progress in his career. They could get the house faster that way lol.
    Anthony sounds like a handful. Better check him now before he grows up to be a bad boy lol. Great family.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    This is my current sim, Darian who I've been playing with for the past two months and his mother Zuri :)
    Q4nPHuD.png
    Onverser wrote: »
    This is my current sim, Darian who I've been playing with for the past two months and his mother Zuri :)
    Q4nPHuD.png

That is a nice looking family. I love her name. He is very nice looking.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have like 20+ families so I'll just post the first one I made when I started playing the game. They've been modified many times though since I first made them with different CC. My guy here used to be clean shaven but the stress of his job turned him into a raging alcoholic. His girlfriend is Nina (the girl second from the right), and their daughter is Sarah (third from the right)

From left to right; Lara, Yams, Tiffanie, Dr. D, Sarah, Nina, and Rose.
    c8SNNqb.jpg
    Hard to get a good shot of them all, they never look at the camera at same time and have a derpy look or a dumb grin on their face most of the time.

They are still in the same house I first started them in also... it's way too small so I need to move them somewhere else or maybe split them up and have half of them move somewhere else.

I love your Sims so much! They look like little dolls! <3

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,366 Member
    @Colorist40 Thankyou. Just that he's in the military and he and his team are the sims that defeated the mother. I like to think he got it while they were fighting her. I'm not really that great at making stories to go with my sims.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    @Rouensims Thanks :) I try to give my sims a larger head and cartoonish look to them.

I keep looking at them because they're so adorable. Do you upload them to the gallery?

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Hi everyone again!

Thank you all so much for participating in this wonderful thread! Sorry for not writing earlier, but lots of Sims news and private life happened, so I was kind of MIA.

Well, now I am back and I am looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful pictures and stories about your Sims. I will comment on every single one, it just might take a while!

Dakota
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't really play for multiple generations, and I play with aging turned off, so any kids I have never grow up, but I love coming up with stories, and I have have a lot of different households I play with. These ones are my favorites (and the sims most closely resembling "families" in my games since I also have a lot of single sims I play with).

This one is my oldest and probably one of my longest played families, although I haven't played with them much recently. Ari (the guy in the white shirt) moved to Windenberg from San Myshuno with his son Robin to try and start over after his former girlfriend (Robin's mother) abandoned both of them and ran off with another guy. Shelby (the guy in the sweater and glasses) had been raising his daughter Katie alone for some time after his wife died in a tragic mac and cheese fire in Windenberg. Ari met him by chance at a playground. The two guys became good friends and eventually decided to share housing so they could help each other raise their kids. Shelby is an artist and Ari is a writer. They're both dealing with the emotional fallout of what happened to them, which makes life in general just hard sometimes.

Ari-Shelby-Robin-and-Katie.jpg

This story is one where I am playing with the fame system, though these three roommates are all still pretty unknown in the celebrity world at this point. Xorian (in the blue shirt) is an aspiring actor. He's also an alien. His roommates know, but he doesn't reveal himself to outsiders yet. He wants to star in romance and drama films, and he's afraid if he doesn't stay in his human disguise he won't be able to get those kinds of roles. Erik (purple sweater) is in the style influencer career. Camryn (the girl in the tan hoodie) is a competitive gamer and a freelance programmer.

Camryn-Erik-and-Xorian.jpg

David, Damico and their ghost dog Chesnut, in one of their finer moments :lol: (Brent Hecking is not part of the family, he's a friend of David's who was visiting when the fire broke out). Damico (the guy in the vest, with the fire extinguisher) is a vampire, and apparently also the only one capable of maintaining a cool head in a crisis. David and Damico recently got engaged, but David is trying to finish his physics degree at Foxbury Institute before they get married.

David-Damico-and-Chesnut.jpg

This is a family I started with the intention of actually aging sims up (manually) and maybe playing as generations. But... I have said that before, and I never actually seemed to get around to aging them :lol: So, we'll see. Greg and Jason are happily married and have adopted these two adorable toddlers. Ember (yellow shirt) is a spellcaster, and Siren (overalls) is a mermaid, but Greg and Jason don't know that yet. They're in for a bit of a surprise when the girls reach their teens. Assuming I ever let these cuties age up, that is.

Greg-Jason-Ember-and-Siren.jpg

This pair of mismatched roommates are the focus of a SimLit story I have been working on privately for some time. Ion (the blue alien in pink shirt) is studying human culture, and he's very enthusiastic about it. Reuben (grumpy guy in white shirt) is... not so sure he made the right decision in getting a roommate.

Ion-and-Reuben.jpg

So... I take a long time doing things because I play with so many families, and I like to put in so much story detail as I play. I still have not finished solving the Strangerville storyline for the first time. But these are the two sims that are doing it (while also getting constantly distracted by other random things like being abducted by aliens and exploring the jungles of Selvadorada). Josh and Iris are brother and sister. They started the game living in a tent in Oasis Springs, but now they have a small trailer home in Strangerville. I call them my "hard luck twins" and I try to make life both weird and difficult for them. They like to have adventures.

Iris-and-Josh.jpg

This is one of my current favorites that I play a lot. I did not intend for this to be a family, but stuff happens :lol: Lunar (the green alien) is a hybrid alien-spellcaster (I used a cheat to give him the spellcaster abilities) who specializes in alchemy and also works as a scientist at the lab from Get To Work. He gets abducted by aliens a lot (probably because of the scientist career) and he recently came back pregnant. He is now trying to figure out how to take care of his little baby (named Tranquility after the Sea of Tranquility where the Apollo 11 lunar mission landed) while still advancing his career. I do eventually age babies up because I get bored with them, so Tranquility will at least make it to toddler before I age-freeze him for all eternity. :lol: And anyone who names his kid "Tranquility" is just asking for trouble, so of course Tranquility will get the "fussy" trait. :naughty:

Lunar-and-Tranquility.jpg

I don't usually play with premade sims, but I really like Vlad. I figured he needed a loyal friend, so I made him Igor. They are both currently going to school at U Brite. Vlad is studying villainy because he wants to be better at it, and Igor is studying biology to become a doctor. Not sure, yet, just what kind of "doctor" Igor is going to be though... :wink:

Vlad-and-Igor.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @GlacierSnow Love your stories! But if you never age them up, how do you continue their stories? Especially the ones with toddlers.
    I don't really play for multiple generations, and I play with aging turned off, so any kids I have never grow up, but I love coming up with stories, and I have have a lot of different households I play with. These ones are my favorites (and the sims most closely resembling "families" in my games since I also have a lot of single sims I play with).

This one is my oldest and probably one of my longest played families, although I haven't played with them much recently. Ari (the guy in the white shirt) moved to Windenberg from San Myshuno with his son Robin to try and start over after his former girlfriend (Robin's mother) abandoned both of them and ran off with another guy. Shelby (the guy in the sweater and glasses) had been raising his daughter Katie alone for some time after his wife died in a tragic mac and cheese fire in Windenberg. Ari met him by chance at a playground. The two guys became good friends and eventually decided to share housing so they could help each other raise their kids. Shelby is an artist and Ari is a writer. They're both dealing with the emotional fallout of what happened to them, which makes life in general just hard sometimes.

This story is one where I am playing with the fame system, though these three roommates are all still pretty unknown in the celebrity world at this point. Xorian (in the blue shirt) is an aspiring actor. He's also an alien. His roommates know, but he doesn't reveal himself to outsiders yet. He wants to star in romance and drama films, and he's afraid if he doesn't stay in his human disguise he won't be able to get those kinds of roles. Erik (purple sweater) is in the style influencer career. Camryn (the girl in the tan hoodie) is a competitive gamer and a freelance programmer.

David, Damico and their ghost dog Chesnut, in one of their finer moments :lol: (Brent Hecking is not part of the family, he's a friend of David's who was visiting when the fire broke out). Damico (the guy in the vest, with the fire extinguisher) is a vampire, and apparently also the only one capable of maintaining a cool head in a crisis. David and Damico recently got engaged, but David is trying to finish his physics degree at Foxbury Institute before they get married.

This is a family I started with the intention of actually aging sims up (manually) and maybe playing as generations. But... I have said that before, and I never actually seemed to get around to aging them :lol: So, we'll see. Greg and Jason are happily married and have adopted these two adorable toddlers. Ember (yellow shirt) is a spellcaster, and Siren (overalls) is a mermaid, but Greg and Jason don't know that yet. They're in for a bit of a surprise when the girls reach their teens. Assuming I ever let these cuties age up, that is.

This pair of mismatched roommates are the focus of a SimLit story I have been working on privately for some time. Ion (the blue alien in pink shirt) is studying human culture, and he's very enthusiastic about it. Reuben (grumpy guy in white shirt) is... not so sure he made the right decision in getting a roommate.

Ion-and-Reuben.jpg

So... I take a long time doing things because I play with so many families, and I like to put in so much story detail as I play. I still have not finished solving the Strangerville storyline for the first time. But these are the two sims that are doing it (while also getting constantly distracted by other random things like being abducted by aliens and exploring the jungles of Selvadorada). Josh and Iris are brother and sister. They started the game living in a tent in Oasis Springs, but now they have a small trailer home in Strangerville. I call them my "hard luck twins" and I try to make life both weird and difficult for them. They like to have adventures.

Iris-and-Josh.jpg

This is one of my current favorites that I play a lot. I did not intend for this to be a family, but stuff happens :lol: Lunar (the green alien) is a hybrid alien-spellcaster (I used a cheat to give him the spellcaster abilities) who specializes in alchemy and also works as a scientist at the lab from Get To Work. He gets abducted by aliens a lot (probably because of the scientist career) and he recently came back pregnant. He is now trying to figure out how to take care of his little baby (named Tranquility after the Sea of Tranquility where the Apollo 11 lunar mission landed) while still advancing his career. I do eventually age babies up because I get bored with them, so Tranquility will at least make it to toddler before I age-freeze him for all eternity. :lol: And anyone who names his kid "Tranquility" is just asking for trouble, so of course Tranquility will get the "fussy" trait. :naughty:

I don't usually play with premade sims, but I really like Vlad. I figured he needed a loyal friend, so I made him Igor. They are both currently going to school at U Brite. Vlad is studying villainy because he wants to be better at it, and Igor is studying biology to become a doctor. Not sure, yet, just what kind of "doctor" Igor is going to be though... :wink:

Vlad-and-Igor.jpg

Only in sims can someone die in a tragic mac and cheese accident lol. Although I know it is tragic for the husband. Sorry for the loss. That was a nice idea to have the grieving guys move in together.

Love the name Xorian. Where did you come up with that name?

I have never had a ghost pet. Is it fun?

Aww love the names Ember and Siren, and they are perfect names for their life states. They are adorable. I hope you can find a way to age them up. I have the same problem. I don't like my sims getting old either.

Lol the alien and the grumpy guy sounds like a good tv series kind of like the Odd Couple with Felix and Oscar ha ha.

The poor brother and sister have their work cut out for them with all the bad stuff happening to them. I feel bad for them. I have never solved the mystery either so they are in good company.

What is the cheat to make your alien a hybrid spell caster?

Love the name Tranquility. How mean of you to make him not live up to his name lol. That is a great idea give him a trait to go against his name lol.

I can imagine what kind of doctor Igor is going to be if it is like in the movies lol. Vlad got in my story as a nanny, and then he autonomously woo hooed my matriarch and her daughter lol. So it is kind of fun. I don't generally like premades.

All your games look fun.

edited September 2020
    @Duvelina Thanks! I'm glad you like them. :smiley: I'm not sure how to explain my answer to your question though. :lol: It has to do with what interests me. Most of my life, even as a kid, my main way of "playing" was just to make up stories, and often to try writing them down. In the sims, as in my story writing, developing whatever plot or character arc I find in my imagination is what I get excited about. Once that reaches a conclusion story-wise, I either have a new plot idea for something new that could happen to them, or I just move on and play with a different story. That's why I have so many.

For some reason, the more common approach to the Sims game, of raising kids, having the kids grow up to have kids, and those kids grow up to have kids, and so on, isn't a story I am very interested in for its own sake. If you think about it, a lot of books are just a small slice out of someone's life (even if that life is completely fantastical). They don't necessarily keep going on forever and ever showing you all of the hero's grandchildren and great grandchildren and great great grandchildren. There is a main set of characters, and eventually their story ends. And that's how I play. When I first started playing the sims (Sims 3) I was dismayed by the aging because it didn't let me linger in the story details as long as I wanted for one set of characters. It wasn't until I learned that it could be turned off that I started having fun.

I often admire the amazing multi-generational family trees that other players develop by playing with aging on. I'm truly impressed with some of long legacy families that people create. But doing that myself just hasn't ever really appealed to me. I'm kind of that way in real life too. I get more fun out of exploring a broad range of things, moving from one thing to another as I get new ideas, rather than dedicating myself to one thing for a long time.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    @Duvelina Thanks! I'm glad you like them. :smiley: I'm not sure how to explain my answer to your question though. :lol: It has to do with what interests me. Most of my life, even as a kid, my main way of "playing" was just to make up stories, and often to try writing them down. In the sims, as in my story writing, developing whatever plot or character arc I find in my imagination is what I get excited about. Once that reaches a conclusion story-wise, I either have a new plot idea for something new that could happen to them, or I just move on and play with a different story. That's why I have so many.

For some reason, the more common approach to the Sims game, of raising kids, having the kids grow up to have kids, and those kids grow up to have kids, and so on, isn't a story I am very interested in for its own sake. If you think about it, a lot of books are just a small slice out of someone's life (even if that life is completely fantastical). They don't necessarily keep going on forever and ever showing you all of the hero's grandchildren and great grandchildren and great great grandchildren. There is a main set of characters, and eventually their story ends. And that's how I play. When I first started playing the sims (Sims 3) I was dismayed by the aging because it didn't let me linger in the story details as long as I wanted for one set of characters. It wasn't until I learned that it could be turned off that I started having fun.

I often admire the amazing multi-generational family trees that other players develop by playing with aging on. I'm truly impressed with some of long legacy families that people create. But doing that myself just hasn't ever really appealed to me. I'm kind of that way in real life too. I get more fun out of exploring a broad range of things, moving from one thing to another as I get new ideas, rather than dedicating myself to one thing for a long time.

Oh no, I totally understand your approach! I just meant that if you never age anyone up, their stories aren't 'epic' or continue over many years if you know what I mean? Or do you age them up when your story calls for it or does that not happen?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    My brand new game save (after the patch) starring my Cantrell Family!

Tdw17Yn.jpg

The bearded fellow at the end of the table is the Patriarch, Joseph Cantrell, Sr. The redhead you can barely see to his left is Aaron, the eldest of the five children. Seated next to him, (again, you can barely see her) is the only daughter in the family, Brianna. The female in the scarf is the mother, Louise. Across from Louise (and fairly upset in this shot) is my teenage celebrity, Erik Cantrell. Next to him is their baby brother, Adrian. The one to their father's right (and looking rather smug) is the third son, Joseph Cantrell, Jr.

He ordered the Grand Slam breakfast, but decided his now famous older brother's Eggs Benedict looked better. So, he stole Erik's plate of food and gobbled it up. Erik, who was pretty hungry decided turn about was fair play, so he took Joey's abandoned breakfast. Hence the emotions on display.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited September 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »

Oh no, I totally understand your approach! I just meant that if you never age anyone up, their stories aren't 'epic' or continue over many years if you know what I mean? Or do you age them up when your story calls for it or does that not happen?

@Duvelina Ah! Good question! If the story calls for them aging up, yeah, I'd age them up. But none of my stories have called for that so far. The stories take place at a certain point in their lives. Every so often, I think I'll try a story that includes sims growing up or growing older, but those are the stories I lose interest in the fastest. So I guess the best answer to your original question is "I don't continue it". I play with them in a certain stage of their lives, creating stories for them at that stage. I'm trying to think of a good analogy, but not knowing what books or movies or shows you like, it's hard to know what you would relate to. But there are lots of series where the characters just have adventure after adventure after adventure, and they never actually get any older. I play like that.

I do sometimes create "backstory" for some of them by having an alternative duplicate save where I actually age them down (using CAS) so I can create "memory" screenshots (for my written versions) or family pictures to go on their walls.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Duvelina wrote: »

@Duvelina Ah! Good question! If the story calls for them aging up, yeah, I'd age them up. But none of my stories have called for that so far. The stories take place at a certain point in their lives. Every so often, I think I'll try a story that includes sims growing up or growing older, but those are the stories I lose interest in the fastest. So I guess the best answer to your original question is "I don't continue it". I play with them in a certain stage of their lives, creating stories for them at that stage. I'm trying to think of a good analogy, but not knowing what books or movies or shows you like, it's hard to know what you would relate to. But there are lots of series where the characters just have adventure after adventure after adventure, and they never actually get any older. I play like that.

I do sometimes create "backstory" for some of them by having an alternative duplicate save where I actually age them down (using CAS) so I can create "memory" screenshots (for my written versions) or family pictures to go on their walls.

Sounds cool! I get what you mean, kind of reminds me of the anime One Piece. It's the only thing I can think of, really. But sounds like a fun way of playing. ☺
    edited September 2020
    Colorist40 wrote: »

Ion-and-Reuben.jpg

Iris-and-Josh.jpg

Vlad-and-Igor.jpg

Only in sims can someone die in a tragic mac and cheese accident lol. Although I know it is tragic for the husband. Sorry for the loss. That was a nice idea to have the grieving guys move in together.

Love the name Xorian. Where did you come up with that name?

I have never had a ghost pet. Is it fun?

Aww love the names Ember and Siren, and they are perfect names for their life states. They are adorable. I hope you can find a way to age them up. I have the same problem. I don't like my sims getting old either.

Lol the alien and the grumpy guy sounds like a good tv series kind of like the Odd Couple with Felix and Oscar ha ha.

The poor brother and sister have their work cut out for them with all the bad stuff happening to them. I feel bad for them. I have never solved the mystery either so they are in good company.

What is the cheat to make your alien a hybrid spell caster?

Love the name Tranquility. How mean of you to make him not live up to his name lol. That is a great idea give him a trait to go against his name lol.

I can imagine what kind of doctor Igor is going to be if it is like in the movies lol. Vlad got in my story as a nanny, and then he autonomously woo hooed my matriarch and her daughter lol. So it is kind of fun. I don't generally like premades.

All your games look fun.

Hi @Colorist40 Thanks for your comments! Sorry, I didn't see your questions earlier.

I don't know where the name Xorian came from. I usually name my aliens with some kind of astronomy or physics term like Lunar and Ion got. But Xorian... I just looked at him when I made him in CAS and said "His name is Xorian". :lol:

I love David's ghost dog! David specifically went camping on Deadgrass Island to get a ghost pet, and this one kept following him around. It's fun to have a pet that can go through walls. Makes for some entertaining moments. One time it was stormy out and Chesnut needed to pee. He literally put his back end through the outer wall, and did his business while keeping his front half still inside the house where it was warm and dry. I laughed so hard! :joy:

For making the hybrid alien-spell caster, start with an alien and then use: traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult

To remove the spellcaster trait (and turn the sim back into just an alien) use: traits.remove_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult

As with all cheats, use at your own risk. But I haven't had much trouble with this one.

You will need to remove the spellcaster trait first every time you go into CAS, otherwise the alien's disguise form can get randomized, because while in CAS the hybrid alien-spellcaster only shows one form (like the normal spell casters have) and when you go back into live mode the game apparently thinks there is no disguise form for the alien, so it adds a random one. This is the only glitchy problem I've had with this type of hybrid. Everything else seems to work perfectly, for me at least so far. And since I don't really use Lunar's disguise form at all, it's not too much of a problem if I forget with him.

Luckily, when you remove the spellcaster trait and then replace it, all the magic progress is still there. They don't lose anything. I love playing with Lunar as a spellcaster. I gave him the wand and broom that look like crystals and the cauldron with the crystal "fire" under it. They go well with all his alien tech stuff.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    My brand new game save (after the patch) starring my Cantrell Family!

Tdw17Yn.jpg

The bearded fellow at the end of the table is the Patriarch, Joseph Cantrell, Sr. The redhead you can barely see to his left is Aaron, the eldest of the five children. Seated next to him, (again, you can barely see her) is the only daughter in the family, Brianna. The female in the scarf is the mother, Louise. Across from Louise (and fairly upset in this shot) is my teenage celebrity, Erik Cantrell. Next to him is their baby brother, Adrian. The one to their father's right (and looking rather smug) is the third son, Joseph Cantrell, Jr.

He ordered the Grand Slam breakfast, but decided his now famous older brother's Eggs Benedict looked better. So, he stole Erik's plate of food and gobbled it up. Erik, who was pretty hungry decided turn about was fair play, so he took Joey's abandoned breakfast. Hence the emotions on display.

That is cute. Ha ha typical brothers lol. I love that head scarf Louise is wearing. I wish I could see their pictures.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited September 2020
    A friend of mine took an in-game collage photo frame and my personal game pics and made this for me. Today marks two months with this family and Ben, the blonde, said goodbye to his father who passed away yesterday. :'(
    50317335616_b15383591c_h.jpg
    50317519917_699ca982df_h.jpg

Here are Ben and Alison's(redhead, obviously. Lol) three kids. Hadley is in the knitted white top. She ages up to young adult in 16 days and her brother and sister age up to young adults in 24 days. Oliver is on the right and his twin sister Emily is sitting in the seat next to Hadley.
    50317521522_3226b4dba4_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    A friend of mine took an in-game collage photo frame and my personal game pics and made this for me. Today marks two months with this family and Ben, the blonde, said goodbye to his father who passed away yesterday. :'(
    50317335616_b15383591c_h.jpg
    50317519917_699ca982df_h.jpg

Here are Ben and Alison's(redhead, obviously. Lol) three kids. Hadley is in the knitted white top. She ages up to young adult in 16 days and her brother and sister age up to young adults in 24 days. Oliver is on the right and his twin sister Emily is sitting in the seat next to Hadley.
    50317521522_3226b4dba4_h.jpg

Such a cute family, but how tragic losing the father at such a young age. But it is good Ben has a wife and children to console him. Such a cute family.

I love that collage idea. I got to start having my sims take more pictures in game and do this myself.