Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share Your Newest The Sims 4 Creations Here!

Comments

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    @Shaymantha, thank you very much. I hope your sims move in and enjoy the house.

@rosemow, thank you for the detailed comments. As always very fun to read. Thank you <3
  • surlybadgersurlybadger Posts: 283 Member
    @illusie A truly stunning home. I love the landscaping! And the layout is beautiful. I can't wait to use it in-game.
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Preparing for the Star Wars pack...

It's well established that the Dark Side has cookies, here's where they are made and consumed.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/32C325D9F05011EA8A7B08F72EC21B78?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=wendyology&max=50&maxis=false

T7sdR2L.png

GbyJtIZ.png
    @surlybadger, thank you very much <3
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited September 2020
    Edit: Updated link with reupload; I had to take down the original because it had visual issues I had to fix. Thanks for all who downloaded it anyway. Please replace it with this one. :blush:

Omg I did it! I finished my chateau!

Several TS4 furniture description tell the tale of Princess Cordelia. A royal princess who became enamored by the sea and three of its most dashing pirate captains. Prior to her escape from the Great Sloth Invasion, it is said that she lived on a grand cat-infested seaside palace where she spent most of her free time outdoors. This is Château de Thebe, a semi-accurate 18th-century French neoclassical royal residence in Cavalier Cove!
    BDh88Q6.png
    I built this chateau specifically for the Princess Cordelia household which Maxis made and uploaded to the Gallery. This is designed such that it would be as historically accurate as the game allows. But mostly, so that it would ring true with all of the in-game descriptions of her home. However, since the game has its limitations and also I wouldn’t like my work to be in vain if Maxis ever releases her official home let’s just pretend it’s her summer house instead of her real palace!

Here’s a little rant about my build experience.
    I almost scrapped this. This was honestly built on a whim (just as real Builder players do which I'm not lol) since I wanted to see how architecturally and historically accurate I can make a chateau without CC. But halfway into the build, I found out it had a total of 43 “rooms” on top of landscaping and I almost fell out of my gaming chair. Lol firstly, I may be an IRL architect but I absolutely do not play the game to build stuff. For the longest time, I just downloaded houses off Tumblr and the Gallery and sometimes I don’t even change the interiors for my Sims. Secondly, on the rare occassion that I built, they were all renovation works that were necessary for my game to move forward (my Sim needed a bedroom for his teenage son) and are all done in the modern/contemporary style. So on a friend’s recommendation, I changed my approach to the build. And I did it! And it oOoNLy took me about 72 hours straight! Lol send help.

Some exterior photos
    Bird's eye view of the palace grounds.
    jUgYB2Z.png

View from the reflecting pool.
    sf7D3Cc.png

Coming up from the beach.
    QR3KjSs.png

Looking into the formal gardens from the driveway.
    qFs07Sq.png

And here’re the interiors They may look a little different since I have a lighting mod in my game. Also candlelit interiors look really bad. now in full reshade glory.
    The entry vestibule doubles as the showcase. I put in a collection of items that I think would embody Princess Cordelia’s traits and personality.
    1OjsIq5.png
    It’s a shame that all of the mounted fish make her sad (from her Child of the Ocean trait). Also a bit contradictory since the descriptions say that she loves seafood.

This is the formal dining room. It leads to the piano room.
    57bZO7J.png
    DL450v5.png

And the scullery and kitchen.
    bZLbHfJ.png
    8SMyZf3.png

An access door from the kitchen leads into the Tea Room.
    vkBnlbh.png

Which can also be accessed from the Grand Salon from the entry vestibule.
    RNA43aq.png

The tall eco-lifestyle door leads directly to the manicured gardens.
    yI0Tark.png

And the door to its right leads to the Salon Selvadoradaine. In my head, the King, Cordelia’s father, loved adventure and exotic culture (and thus she took after him). So he dedicated this salon to show off things he had collected from his trades with a distant country—Selvadorada.
    O32TGH2.png

It serves as the anteroom for the master’s chambers. The bed here is gothic in style (different from the entire house) but rococo in color. Let’s just say they didn’t want to part with their old furniture just yet so they gave it a fresh new lick of paint.
    jdzGTlx.png
    The cabinet (in this case a private library) is also decorated in the same scheme. It also leads to a private bathroom (not shown).
    4lnKJiE.png

The main floor can be accessed by scaling the grand staircase.
    FMCLONq.png
    View of the landing.
    QdNbzrz.png

Back then galleries/hallways were always painted a muted grey to shield viewer eyes from the horrors of to build up drama for the psychedelic room colors behind the doors.
    nZkNa7o.png

To the left is the common bathroom.
    0SIzJbW.png

And then across from it, is Capt. Rodrigo de Pablo’s bedroom.
    X8JkoUI.png
    He is clumsy, so I made him "accidentally" break some of his furniture . He is also paranoid which is why he has boarded up some windows and prefers a “stark” white room where he can be sure nothing is hiding from his sight.

Princess Cordelia’s room is built on the axis of the gardens and the chateau giving her unparalleled views of the parterres below. It is decorated in turquoise to manifest her love of the ocean.
    pI4xcEf.png
    Her en suite is also in the same periwinkle color as her dress. Let’s pretend that it’s her Royal Colors now.
    XoxA3WW.png
    She also has her own atelier. I put in a woodworking table in there too.
    jWavF1I.png

The chateau’s library. Just a note: this fireplace is non functional because I intentionally blocked it off with the chess table (for symmetry). It's fine, you still literally have 12 more to choose from for your Sims to warm up on.
    nRQ3NoY.png

Capt. Long John Buttercup’s boudoir dudoir serves as the chateau’s game room. They play cards and drink juice for merriment because the internet hasn’t been invented yet.
    eIYLG77.png
    I think his bedroom turned out very romantic. Really shows his playful pirate nature.
    GYZiQdD.png

Across the hallway is Capt. Chaz McFreeling’s bedroom, which ended being my favorite. I made sure to put lots of mirrors to show his vain personality. I hope it’s not too gauche. It is also linked to biggest bathroom I have ever made.
    JVnzQCJ.png
    EY2ou6Q.png
    Which I bet Capt. Long John never ever used because he's a slob.

Up in the attic, we have the servant’s quarters for Bob the Butler and Matilda the Chef. The change in interiors is drastic (stripped of every decoration). But I gave them wallpaper for their bedrooms because Princess Cordelia cares for them.
    VMY1KET.png
    Looking very much like That 70’s Show :lol:
    qPIeYK9.png
    9MwVqpp.png
    Looks better than the other attic rooms which have been used as storage.
    hfXSFOH.png

On the grounds, we have the orangerie (or lemonerie :lol:)
    pkOO3hr.png
    And the now much more French-looking potagerie garden beside it.
    mhjiuwU.png

Across the property, there are stables for horses—for you know, when we actually get them...
    9xAhcWs.png

That’s pretty much all from me right now, i hope to never touch another historical TS4 Build again (but I still have that Art Nouveau shell in hindsight.) Thanks y’all! Stay safe and happy Simming! :smile:
    Post edited by orenjiAi on
    @orenjiAi I'm screaming I can't wait for this be available on the Gallery. You have done such a superb job with this build so far! Also, bless you because I found it daunting to furnish my largest build and it is nothing compared to this, lol.
  • ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    Yay well done @orenjiAi it was well worth the wait! Hurry and get it playtested lol :D
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    I'm a couple of months behind....

@luckyheather Love 13 Dead End Lane. Such a beautiful creation, as always.

@chips46 Wow! That's one lucky child. I think the room is bigger than my house. LOL Looks amazing! ♪♫ I was a cosmic kid in full costume dress.♫♫

@liel88 Great work on that lovely manor. Such a pretty home.

@lsnishi Mrs. Crumplebottom!!! Great Sim. Almost sounds like an Eddie Izzard creation. Very cool!

@surlybadger Swwet little home. Very well done. It looks very homey. =)

@illusie Wonderful Villa! So well done. I can feel the sunshine on the terracotta.

Lovely homes and creations, all! ♥♥♥

A little shop I started back when Magic first came to light. Sadly, my old graphics card couldn't handle the load, so I shelved it. Now, I've been able to finish it up, to at least a presentable level.

Arcade Magicae
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8F599F15F05A11EA8E84EE457666E674

9i2dueq.png
    ncrZHFC.png

Level 1 Shops
    58UZmfj.png
    YmU0jgB.png
    SGsKzCQ.png
    fJ0fgWp.png
    eHvAM3c.png
    CidvI3O.png
    eP7SZkg.png
    ZTMllV7.png
    iHmZdGK.png
    fqx6FBL.png
    p3de2U0.png
    MSG5GvG.png
    JKZFZtX.png
    9ci1Czv.png
    wvp2RO1.png
    MXp0BpG.png
    9fbC8cL.png
    sWmSY8I.png
    Obli3uU.png
    0wgKv16.png
    wouHVyk.png
    vNgkY6X.png

Level 2 Shops
    FuWIAG1.png
    YvWoOCK.png
    JuE5hZW.png
    fUXy4Vk.png
    RptOI2j.png
    KCV550O.png
    DleO2Qc.png

Level 3 Food Court
    DvyKPey.png
    PI7rDXB.png

Exterior
    RROwUgW.png
    wRKdlaA.png
    OVBgUme.png
    AaiUBib.png
    0y2I0zy.png

Top Down
    XvW0rZg.png
    391rfjG.png
    C1XCkSn.png
    g72Wkl7.png
    KMMhx0t.png
    VKQe8dk.png
    Omg @Taoron Thats a very impressive build :open_mouth: it's amazing though it's more than little lol
    @Shaymantha Thanks ♥
    Thank you very much @Taoron. Your build looks impressive.
    THanks @illusie
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    Wonderful creations everyone!! Sorry i could not reply sooner to your nice words and compliments. I was super busy this past week. All of them really mean alot to me. I look forward to seeing more creations from everyone.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Imperial Commisary is a very nice modern Star Wars themed kitchen and dining room! @wendyology :) The red and black colour scheme, and the layout and furnishings are very nice! The red floor rug is a great touch under the dining table and the drink bottles are very nice on the wall.
    It is great that you have now finished Château de Thebe! @orenjiAi :) I hope the play testing goes well. It is such a very beautiful home! Very lovely exterior architecture and the design, colour and furnishing of each room and each area is so very special and lovely! It was great reading your background description of the build and each of the rooms! It is such a beautiful and detailed home! You have designed, built and furnished it so very well!

Arcade Magicae is very lovely and detailed arcade of magical themed stores! @Taoron :) Birchwood Overlook is a very beautiful modern family home! @NiniBeMe69 :) I have posted about them on your showcase threads so I won’t post more here, but they have been designed and furnished very lovely!
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well. This house I actually built around the end of July and finished in early August. So, it took me about two weeks to finish. It's my biggest build to date. 5 BR 6 BA NOCC
    Desire Lake Luxury Home

mvttX3Y.png

I took a massive amount of pics which are all on my blog Reign, over 100, but for this post I chopped that in half, but will put most in spoilers to not take up too much space.

Info about the house (sorry so long but there's a lot of house and a lot to say)

I built this home for my Sims, Desire De-Sai and her new husband, Dr. Levi Sands. Desire is a well known video game and software developer at the top of her field and her husband is a respected surgeon. They’ve been patiently waiting in a high rise apartment for me to stop procrastinating and build their dream home LOL. This house took me about two weeks to finish and is the definition of luxury. It has everything. The house is situated on a private lake in Windenberg’s countryside.

When you enter you honestly feel like you’re in the forest. There are multiple trees that create an intimate and private feeling. On top of the right side hill there’s a hot spring that leads to another body of water on the cliff as a waterfall runs down it.
    gL0E7H5.png
    D628nze.png
    UmTwnDU.png
    4o0rcEl.png

More pics of the grounds
    M29jpfI.png
    X4hOM2g.png
    2aUTeP4.png
    t2VzUDY.png
    YpQNAcQ.png

On the left hill is a private campsite, so your Sims can get away without having to leave their home. This is the ultimate house for outdoor/indoor living.
    iv14rPF.png

There’s a boathouse off the master en suite on the ground level, with seating on top. Multiple floating decks and patio space for dining and sunbathing.
    MUXnnve.png

Off the lake’s left side is the Enchanted Grotto with a huge open outdoor fireplace, dining and an outside bed covered by a canopy.
    Z4V79E1.png
    b5w1Kfq.png

The master en suite is a combination of several rooms, there’s a TV room, office, walk in closet, bathroom and the beautiful views of the lake. There's also a game room w/ pool table/cards on this level but not pictured
    niqyNt5.png
    JdwDMMT.png
    0tsTlH2.png
    AWG8nzS.png
    Jpmhdcd.png

Also, on ground level is a lounge room that opens up to the deck outback with seating.
    pRnqAbe.png
    Na6WgpR.png
    vuvWiHW.png

The main living room & kitchen is on the second level and there is an open space with a chandelier coming down from the third level.
    8ugZhdO.png
    8sq7war.png
    vG8GXCf.png
    ghtrTI2.png
    XfJB24K.png
    Ft6xfoR.png
    kMRC7as.png
    More pics of kitchen
    E18rexv.png

Desire and Levi don’t have kids yet and are not in a rush to have them, but she does have a toddler bedroom for when her niece, Dylan, daughter of her twin sister Devon comes over. There’s also a child/preteen room and a large bedroom with a double bed w/bathroom. Including the guesthouse, there are five bedrooms and six bathrooms.
    IekK2lw.png
    gP8N8C9.png
    mVmXQM5.png

Guest house over the two door garage.
    ouVmGmy.png

In the basement there’s a man cave media room, laundry, full wine cellar for entertaining, lap pool, sauna, and fitness center.
    MnsNPdT.png
    OXGUCpe.png

Fitness Center, Pool, Media Room (Man Cave)
    620X1gb.png
    TJVEEUt.png
    5rUY7X3.png

More pics, offices for a software developer and doctor & floor plan
    egVlxYG.png
    tiDOXI0.png
    5vlhaYB.png
    fFOx71l.png
    FddZaYA.png
    tsUtTTq.png
    V8Aa0p6.png
    ni8KbIu.png
    YjOrrkP.png
    r0NiK1y.png

NOCC in this home. Must have moveobjects on enabled before placing. I have all the packs and used probably nearly all of them. The main ones that you would need to have the house look like it does is: EC, GT, IL, SPA, SEA, OR (major because of the trees), CD, JA, GF, TL, VTG, CL. It’s well over 600k and on a 64×64 lot.

GALLERY ID REAGANLEEDS

GALLERY https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B50AF411DB4011EA8806CBD06C2743CA
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited September 2020
    Thanks @rosemow! This build was finished because The Sims Studio provided such a great background story for Princess Cordelia! I enjoyed reading and learning about her epic life through the furniture descriptions!

@Shaymantha and @surlybadger the build is now uploaded! I’m glad that’s over! Lol and thanks for staying with me throughout the process. ;)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Desire Lake Luxury Home is such a very beautiful dream home! @lasummerb :) It is so very detailed and very lovely! Very beautiful exterior design, very lovely outdoors areas and landscaping, and very luxuriously nice furnishing of the interior rooms and areas! Each part of the home is very lovely! You would have put so much time and work into it!
    @orenjiAi what's your Gallery ID?
    Lol @orenjiAi just realised "Several TS4 furniture description tell the tale of Princess Cordelia. A royal princess who became enamored by the sea and three of its most dashing pirate captains. Prior to her escape from the Great Sloth Invasion, it is said that she lived on a grand cat-infested seaside palace where she spent most of her free time. This is Château de Thebe, a semi-accurate 18th-century French neoclassical royal residence in Cavalier Cove!" is like my current household only Shay is a spellcaster and she fell in love with her best friend Captain Miguel Laguna after her ex lover Eli (miguel's bro in law) ran off with her younger sister. I have them all in my gallery The zarate brothers both pirate captains (Eli and his twin brother Erwin). Made all the ships to go with them too! Shay and Miguel are currently settling down living on the Pantera :D
    @lasummerb Holy moly that is a beautiful home! Build goals right there! Wonderful job
    This is an update to an older build of mine. I just changed some windows and roofing, but it made a huge difference. Between all the kind people here and on reddit my building is getting better...at least I like to think so, lol.
    Modern Castle
    npbsvl9nknl51.png?width=821&format=png&auto=webp&s=f3f1e1829e0cd1de7db9b6f0fc345da6d99f2c6e
    Lol aww @surlybadger your too harsh on yourself! This is a very pretty house! @lasummerb breathtaking build Love it :)
    @NiniBeMe69 sorry i missed commenting on your gorgeous build too it's lovely to see all these amazing builds thanks to all for showing them :) xx

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top