Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack 18 and Expansion Pack 10

Comments

• adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    There's been some hints regarding skiing/winter world theme. The future cube had something about freezing (though it could have been just about the bunny - can't recall atm) and elders reminiscing on rocking chairs will show skiing. Also I have this theory about toddler books giving hints and "When is Winter?" could have been Seasons, but also could nod to a winter theme. Now that they have patched in the possibility of getting married in vacation worlds I am pretty sure that we will have another one of those incoming shortly.

So basically I think it will be vacation world, skiing and mountains.

Sadly I'm actually hoping that I am wrong on this.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    For the expansion pack, I'm thinking along the lines of generations. Initially, I thought it could just be a romance pack, but I don't think that theme alone would be enough for a fully fleshed out expansion, unless maybe they incorporate some sort of vacation aspect too, but they've recently done that with the Star Wars game pack. I think romance and better weddings would be included though, based on the Spark'd contest and the flirty plumbob light from Ninja.

I have no clue what the next stuff pack is going to be though. I would love to see a retro 70's inspired pack or a gothic stuff pack.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Honestly with the Sims 5 I hope we get romance in the base game of a life simulator... I don't want to have to explain why.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes the hints that came with NK seem to be more about schools and winter activities so I am betting on one of these two.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Well, they told us what it's not. Too bad there's so many other things we've requested over the years to pick from so we can't narrow it down.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited September 2020
    Kind of keeping my expectations low for the moment. 2020 hasn't been a very good year for The Sims 4 it seems. Tiny Living was a great pack in my eyes, and Eco Lifestyle, despite its many, many flaws, brought nice additions to the game. Let's hope they revolve around a theme that is replayable and adds creativity to the game. This is what some of the latest packs lacked, in my opinion.

That's me. I don't have much hope at all. At least with Strangerville, one could use the stuff, but the new pack, your sim can't even do what they want with certain Sims because they are part of a storyline. What happened to, You are in control"?
    It's not gonna be a farming EP either...
    I want to set expectations now, though, that cars, babies, farms and bunk beds are not part of this EP.

I cannot imagine what either of them could be about.

I don't know if I want to guess anymore. I may just have to face the fact that they're looking at making the Sims another console game that is nothing like it was before. I may just have to go back to Sims3 for heavy playing and Sims4 when I don't have much time to play.

Not getting the Starwars pack and if I ever do, it will be at rock bottom prices. Only thing cool is a few of the aliens. If the stuff pack and EP are junk, then I won't get them either.

It says a lot when long time simmers, who have bought all packs in the past are suddenly passing on new games. :(
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Yes the hints that came with NK seem to be more about schools and winter activities so I am betting on one of these two.

I haven’t explored NK enough, what are the hints and what do I do to get them? I’m just having my sims knit, is it something related with the rocking chair?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member

I haven’t explored NK enough, what are the hints and what do I do to get them? I’m just having my sims knit, is it something related with the rocking chair?

When elder sims sit in the rocking chair they have the option to reminisce so they get a bunch of memories to show up. Some of these include activities that we don't currently have in game, like sledding, skiing, a school building, some foods, etc.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    @SelinaKyles

If you put an elder on a rocking chair to reminisce, there's shown a person skiing at least.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I remember when one of the Gurus put up a hint picture on Twitter not that long ago, and it had three objects: the future cube, the scrolls in the dome case, and the pig chef statue. I wish I could find it, I'd put it here so we could study it, lol. But the community has been speculating that those are direct hints of what's coming. One must have been Star Wars so I would assume that's the future cube.
    #Team Occult
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    When did they mention that we’ll be getting another SP?
  • pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    When did they mention that we’ll be getting another SP?

They didn't. It was leaked on Origin. It had no release date and no name.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Well, hoping for a new supernatural lifestate. If we get a winter themed pack that allows us to own our own hotels in the game to (like in the shining) that could be fun too.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    All I want is werewolves at this point. Been so disappointed with TS4 lately that I don't have any hopes whatsoever.

oooo i want werewolves too!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    I remember when one of the Gurus put up a hint picture on Twitter not that long ago, and it had three objects: the future cube, the scrolls in the dome case, and the pig chef statue. I wish I could find it, I'd put it here so we could study it, lol. But the community has been speculating that those are direct hints of what's coming. One must have been Star Wars so I would assume that's the future cube.

I'm still hoping that the pig with the menu means that Dine Out will get an update / fresh coat of paint.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    My prediction would be, another vacation pack for EP (winter/resort management/2nd home option) and wedding pack for SP (which includes attraction system).
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    My prediction is Star Wars 2.0. They’re gonna add Jedi/sith occult & more missions lol
  • GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > And don't forget about Theme Parks.

I would love theme parks but that seems a bit too complicated/far-fetched with the game at the moment considering they haven't given us normal, highly requested things like the bunk beds or cars
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

• sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja posted this flirty plumbob on Twitter, so there is a lot of speculation about a romance pack there.

Maybe a wedding themed stuff pack? I would like that tbh.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    SimGuruNinja posted this flirty plumbob on Twitter, so there is a lot of speculation about a romance pack there.

Maybe a wedding themed stuff pack? I would like that tbh.

Here's the thing: if the first Spark'd challenge was about destination weddings and we get a romance theme pack, and the second spark'd challenge is about elders, that might mean a generations pack is on the horizon, too.

But that's all Kremlinology, and all I really want is werewolves, faeries, some good medieval stuff, and a bunch of the usual list of things that we already know aren't coming (except farming; I have no interest in farming). And I read an article earlier about just what an undertaking making babies playable instead of just objects, and, yeah, it could be a real mess.

The thing is, even though I don't want a farming pack there's not many pack ideas that I'd be 100% opposed to. Even a farming pack could have some really nice B/B and CAS stuff and just because I don't want to run a farm doesn't mean I wouldn't have my suburban sims putting a chicken coop in their back yard or my city sims putting a coop on their balcony (I live in Chicago, and my last apartment, the people across the alley had chickens) or having a pet cow or pig just because I think it'd be funny.
  • FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    My prediction is Star Wars 2.0. They’re gonna add Jedi/sith occult & more missions lol

And it'll be another My First Pets Stuff situation where you require the first pack for the second.

That or some kind of adjacent Disney license. Who knows, maybe Madame L's dreams were right all along.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited September 2020
    Whatever it is, it is never gonna be fulfilling or living up to it's potential as I know it from previous games like TS2. That's just the truth and not once have I ever felt this way with TS4 or any of their packs. It is always lacking, disappointing, loosing it's potential and just.. not good enough.
    That is my thought on it.
    However, It could be a romance pack, winter holiday theme pack, music/concert/band pack or even a generations pack since it wasn't excluded on that list. But to be honest, I do not think we will ever get a family related pack, cause it doesn't fit in the direction they want this game to go. It's all about YA's exploring themselves and doing things on their own, the center of the universe kind of thing.. so yeah.. let's see.
  • SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
    Romance in France Stuff :p !

+ Romance Reputation, Chemistry, Zodiac signs and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker !

Wasn't that the name of a mod?
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My wants, if you exclude anything to do with farming, are more occults, more vacation options, better romance, and bands. So I hope it has something to do with one of those. But occults and vacation spot have mostly been game packs so I don't think it'll be those unless they group a bunch together.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited September 2020
    Romantic winter vacation EP would be sweet :) Though I do hope there will be stuff for kids too.

I'm excited to see what the SP and EP will be! I don't have any strong expectations.