Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plot a Course to The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack

Comments

• QuasiattractorQuasiattractor Posts: 17 Member
    I made a comment expressing my disappointment in this pack, but then I realized that we are living in a very negatively impacted country and world right now. So, I would just like to say that every pack is different and some will love it and some won't. I love the knitting pack and even laundry. I love to have my sims involved in interactive activities, things they can do together and knitting is really a great addition to that theme. Finding the positive when there is so much negative maybe is more helpful than the alternative. Thanks to all of the creators who design and produce the content of a game that has endured for many years.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I made a comment expressing my disappointment in this pack, but then I realized that we are living in a very negatively impacted country and world right now. So, I would just like to say that every pack is different and some will love it and some won't. I love the knitting pack and even laundry. I love to have my sims involved in interactive activities, things they can do together and knitting is really a great addition to that theme. Finding the positive when there is so much negative maybe is more helpful than the alternative. Thanks to all of the creators who design and produce the content of a game that has endured for many years.

Couldn’t agree more! Everyone plays Sims for different reasons, and to find their joy. That’s something nobody can take away, and finding the positive is important. I’m excited for Star Wars as a pack because the fandom is the hill I’m willing to die on, and I really really really miss being able to put my costumes on and go out and make kids smile at events. Also, I still haven’t been to Batuu, and while the game pack isn’t going to be anything like the actual place, getting to go virtually will be the bee’s knees until I can finally make that dream come true in real life. I recognize it’s not for everyone, and their options are equally valid as anyone’s can be, but I’m ready to blast off for Black Spire Outpost next week.

Find your joy all, in whatever you do. ‘May the spires keep you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    I see that a lot of you are not happy with this pack. I know it isn't what you were hoping for. Who is to say they aren't working on packs or items that you are asking for? They do listen. They have added things we've needed/asked for in the past. I can only imagine that everyone getting upset at EA for making something you did not want makes them so eager to work on things you've asked for ...

A lot of work went into this pack. It will be exciting to go to a new area and do something different. I was not even expecting a Star Wars pack! I am most looking forward to new build items.
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    shakerella wrote: »
    They do listen. They have added things we've needed/asked for in the past.
    They added things years and years later, often implemented poorly. Six years later, there's still a ridiculous amount of things that they still need to add. Meanwhile, they've made a few packs they knew weren't highly requested, but they wanted.
    I can only imagine that everyone getting upset at EA for making something you did not want makes them so eager to work on things you've asked for ...
    Well, it's their job to listen to criticism and make things that we want. We're the consumers, we're giving them money. They should be able to handle people getting upset at their bad decisions and learning from it.

And honestly, that logic is questionable. "They hated this thing and are mad at us for not listening, so let's not listen to them and give them MORE things they'll hate!"

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited September 2020
    Even though I’m disappointed about a Star Wars GP (and I like SW) because it won’t add anything needed to my gameplay, I wanna say that the cover artwork looks better than the usual characters-on-a-now blue-background GP covers.

BXo6tRr.jpg
  • aecollins21aecollins21 Posts: 64 Member
    I don't really see the problem with putting Star Wars into the sims. With the kind of game it is you could probably get away with adding all kinds of stuff.

We have Mr and Mrs Average with their 2.4 kids living in suburbia, and down the road is an alien, a vampire and a mermaid shacking up together. Parading down the street in weird and wacky clothing is a famous filmstar, overtaken by a spellcaster on a broomstick. Oh, and along comes Grimmy into the midst of it all to collect the soul of someone who died laughing.

So why not add a stormtroopers or a jedi to the mix? Makes perfect sense to me :D

I agree! The Sims is such a campy, loveable little world. I love that it's such a mix of mundane and fantastic.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    They do listen. They have added things we've needed/asked for in the past.
    They added things years and years later, often implemented poorly. Six years later, there's still a ridiculous amount of things that they still need to add. Meanwhile, they've made a few packs they knew weren't highly requested, but they wanted.
    I can only imagine that everyone getting upset at EA for making something you did not want makes them so eager to work on things you've asked for ...
    Well, it's their job to listen to criticism and make things that we want. We're the consumers, we're giving them money. They should be able to handle people getting upset at their bad decisions and learning from it.

And honestly, that logic is questionable. "They hated this thing and are mad at us for not listening, so let's not listen to them and give them MORE things they'll hate!"

Exactly. Because it’s true, though we players are a community, we are not the team developers...children?? We should not be “punished” for speaking up about our critiques and disappointment. It should make them want to do BETTER.
    How are there no lots ?!?!
    Dianesims wrote: »
    One. One playable/accessible building per section. And no new lots. For a GAME PACK. I am waiting for this pack to go one a discount sale (if it ever does) to get just for the build items lol.
    They new it was gonna be controversial and yet they didn’t make it easier on them.

I guess some people wanted their sims to live on Batuu.
    The only things I liked from build/buy were the floors that could be nice for patios etc and the plants.
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    One. One playable/accessible building per section. And no new lots. For a GAME PACK. I am waiting for this pack to go one a discount sale (if it ever does) to get just for the build items lol.

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I liked the look of a lot of the deco stuff, shelving and what looked like bookcases. The hair was nice and some of the clothing. I think i may get it if it goes on sale at a good price.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Boo.
    Why not make a pack people actually ask for?? OR Improve the game itself?
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• DarkenWolfieDarkenWolfie Posts: 2 New Member
    I like Star wars so I am happy about this, and I like how it won't affect your normal world, but I do think that instead of this they should have actually listened to what the players want. Will I get it, ya but just because I love Star Wars. My question is why have a survey if you aren't going to add anything the players actually want. I mean it can't be that hard to had more skin tones, or bunk beds. Making babies not be objects might be a little harder but they seem to have put a lot of effort in this. Just think if they put 1/2 of that effort of what we actually want how much better the game would actually be. But this is just my opinion so overall not that happy but still somewhat happy.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    edited September 2020
    Boo.
    Why not make a pack people actually ask for?? OR Improve the game itself?

Woohoo!
    Me and many others asked for this! The pack looks great and I'm sure plenty of people including myself will have lots of fun with this one! :)
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I was all for a Star Wars pack...but this wasn’t what I had in mind. I thought we’d get a simified version of Star Wars...something based on Star Wars but uniquely made for the sims. But this is literally just a virtual version of Disney worlds version of Star Wars and does feel like just a big advertisement to visit the park given that it’s an identical virtual rendition. I would have rather it been a more transparent straight up Disney world theme park pack with magic kingdom included. This feels like a lie...like they told us it would be Star Wars but it’s actually just Disney world’s take on Star Wars. It’s diluted. I want Simsney not Disney.

I agree with someone earlier in the thread who said the sims team probably had no choice in the matter (not that that means they were against it necessarily, but it probably wasn’t an option whether they liked it or not). Looks like a potentially profitable partnership between EA and Disney that led to this. I guess we should have been suspicious when baby yoda made an appearance in game last year.

All that said, I will still probably eventually buy the pack and will still be able to enjoy it as I love Star Wars, Disney world, and the sims. I’m just disappointed. I was hoping for something more uniquely sims.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    Personally, I'm very excited for this game pack! I liked Star Wars a lot when I was a kid (bummed you can't be a jedi but oh well, lol).
    I really like the linear style of the pack, it reminds me of Strangerville (which is one of my top faves).
    I also like that this will be a vaction destination, it'll be fun to have another place to go (and this time in outer space :smiley: )
    I'm excited to see the C.A.S. and B.B. options! I hope we get a number of things that'll go great with our aliens!
    Speaking of aliens, it's nice to have what could be a pack for them (in a way) <3
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
    SiggDiggit wrote: »
    Personally, I'm very excited for this game pack! I liked Star Wars a lot when I was a kid (bummed you can't be a jedi but oh well, lol).
    I really like the linear style of the pack, it reminds me of Strangerville (which is one of my top faves).
    I also like that this will be a vaction destination, it'll be fun to have another place to go (and this time in outer space :smiley: )
    I'm excited to see the C.A.S. and B.B. options! I hope we get a number of things that'll go great with our aliens!
    Speaking of aliens, it's nice to have what could be a pack for them (in a way) <3

I think you technically can be a jedi, it’s just not an occult. I think once you choose what side you’re on it shows that you’re a Jedi, but not 100% sure
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you create a sim alien in disguise, you can use alien powers which are sort of Jedi like.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    EA played another cruel joke I was in build mode making a house for new family I all ways use the filters to sort between packs there is an icon for the star wars pack. Meanies lol
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Sims_Geek_GirlSims_Geek_Girl Posts: 8 New Member
    hi,

EA could we have a babies update instead of a horrible game pack

Yous truly, Geek Girl
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,806 Member
    hi,

EA could we have a babies update instead of a horrible game pack

Yous truly, Geek Girl

@Sims_Geek_Girl welcome to the forum. :)

We have an Ideas forum for content suggestions.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-ideas-corner
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    HCYBasm.jpg

This pack is wrong. I am not the only one saying it, but many other people. Among them there are many SW fans - as I am. I actually play the REAL Star Wars game which is much more than waving a lightsaber and have a drink at cantina. EA/Bioware should improve SWTOR and EA/Maxis should improve THE SIMS. They are two different games with different game-play. To me this pack will never exists, not even for build/buy items. I thought after My First Pet announcement I could not get bigger disappointment; I hoped EA learned something from our reaction at that time. But here we are: raising again and again our hands for a game that will address most of the Simmers, we get Batuu. :|
    May the Force be with you!
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • crashdodgerscrashdodgers Posts: 61 Member
    Well here is a shocking surprise, EA's development team have lied once again, i.e. they clearly stated that all the star wars cas stuff would stay on the star wars world, what a load of bs :# , to start with my sim return home to her none star wars home lot and she was wearing here star wars outfit, then I go in to the neighbourhood manager section and what do I find 21 star wars sims, in my none star wars neighbourhood so much for them not turning up a EA?