Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    Thank you, @GLovely1 :smile:
  • LSB12LLSB12L Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you @GLovely1 ! I can only say thanks for bringing these challenges to the forums.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    These entries are all looking really great.

Unfortunately, I once again was unable to really focus on my entry and lost inspiration part way through. I was just having a hard time creating Sims that looked good and fit in with the proper time period. Hopefully I'll have better luck in future rounds
  • ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    For this week's rockabilly challenge, I couldn't resist the idea of a teen Sim who looks like she belongs in the old black and white photos of rockabilly in its heyday. Here's the link for my Rockabilly Weird Science household.

Teen genius Ace Vance takes inspiration from Bride of Frankenstein when he uses stolen government tech to create a teenage rockabilly queen. No other teens have ever shared his love of the music and fashion, so he turns to science to make the perfect girl. For her design he scans old magazine photos from the 50s into the machine, each one in black and white. The end result is a mishmash of all those girls and looks. The girl's grayscale appearance has Ace believing the experiment has failed until a freak lightning strike brings her suddenly to life.

sGxjpN0.png

Ace names her Lula BeBop after his favorite Gene Vincent song. She steps out of the machine and picks up his guitar as if she was born with the instrument in her hands, her fingers flying over the strings. As she launches into a song, her vocals have a throaty twang like that of the Queen of Rockabilly herself, Wanda Jackson, as Ace comes to realize scanning in album covers in addition to the photos gave Lula an innate talent for the music. Others might consider Lula strange for looking grayscale from head to toe, but Ace soon comes to adore his teen rockabilly queen.

d0i8dbr.png

I1CWpYX.png

2nZeoCt.png
  • Ecxzz159Ecxzz159 Posts: 1 New Member
    This is my entry for the challenge: https://www.ea.com/es-es/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F010C91EEE6611EA89F3C2DBEBA66C98?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Ecxzz159&max=50&maxis=false

I decided to make a group of people, who apparently have nothing in common but their love for music. They don't know each other. They don't know if the others are married, if they have kids, how old are they. They know nothing. All they know is that they spend time together every Tuesday at Cherry's, a club in the town. I hope you guys like it! <3
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    When I heard this week's challenge, I immediately thought of my favorite psychobilly song - Undead Eyes by The Creepshow! Psychobilly is a subgenre of rockabilly that incorporates themes of horror.

Now Playing - Undead Eyes, featuring Frankie Tennissee and Sandra Indiana!

He made a promise he just couldn't keep - promised to make her Mrs. Tennessee!

She just wanted to love him, have him forever...bein' together just he and she!

9QXpEHl.png

But he couldn't take it - didn't want her no more.

JHx8yxj.png

bLOcyQi.png

Now her body's hidden cold under his floor!

Sleep tight, Frankie boy - 'should have thought it out. You can't kill a girl without her soul stickin' around.

Sleep tight... Sandra's watchin' with undead eyes!

Ln0KBZ2.png

Gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CB4B665CEE7311EA8FE708F72EC21B78?category=households&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=newest&amp;time=all&amp;searchquery=Undead Eyes&amp;max=50&amp;maxis=false

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 793 Member
    NINETEENTH WEEKEND CHALLENGE!

Creative Direction & Rules:

A few days ago I dropped an upcoming challenge clue. Did any of you figure out what we are about to do? In game, we're about to embark on a Journey to Batuu. Now, while some in our community aren't too enthused, I'm ready to blast off with an intergalactic wooooohooooo! The main idea, or goal if you will, is to choose a side because we can no longer be still. In each of us, the force is strong, so choose wisely and hope you don't choose wrong. There are three in which you may tackle with your sims creativity. The Scoundrels, The First Order and The Resistance. Each promises riches that would make Jabba proud as long as you and your sims can go the distance. Do some investigating by reading these EA links THE SIDES and GAMEPLAY ~ I know they will steer you to the side that's right .. for you anyway ;)

Your challenge:
    Ask yourself where your loyalties lie and in which direction the force is pulling you to ally. Once you know that, get in CAS and do what you do best! Create 1 - 8 sims, animals, droids or any other intergalactic creatures you can imagine and don't dare ration your simming passion! Stretch your creative limits! Imagine a day in the life on Batuu and tell us the story of what your sims are really up to ;)

Please include the hashtag #GLovelysQCC when you share your entry to the gallery. Be sure you write your sim story in the description of your gallery creation or at least a summary of it. If you have room in your description feel free to also tag #JourneyToBatuu.

END DATE ~ FRIDAY 9/18 12:00 PM MST however it's very helpful to share your creations early so I can have some awesomely created households to nominate ;) Good news! Maxis faves are back so you can be sure I'll be sharing some of your creations on the nominations page πŸ’œ

Rules:
    1. Your description should include words, thoughts, dialog, character interactions, Batuu adventures or anything you can think of that tells the story of the side the force has pulled you onto. The Resistance, The First Order or The Scoundrels.
    2. You may have 1 to 8 sims in your household, any age and pets are welcome.
    3. Remember to go for the "WOW" factor in look, fashion & overall Star Wars/Journey to Batuu creativity!
    4. Style ALL outfits to reflect your sims character/personality. Make sure the first one represents them best.
    5. NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC).
    6. Only Maxis poses
    7. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    8. Have a blast creating for our gallery and forum friends!
    Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

*Note: You do not need the Journey to Batuu pack to create for this challenge. We have plenty of CAS items in game already that will reflect each side's personality/vibe.
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I know, I'm LATE!!!! :s

Here's my entry for Rockabilly!

One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock, rock
    Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock, rock
    Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock, rock
    We're gonna rock around the clock tonight

Put your glad rags on and join me, hon'
    We'll have some fun when the clock strikes one
    We're gonna rock around the clock tonight
    We're gonna rock, rock, rock, 'til broad daylight
    We're gonna rock, gonna rock, around the clock tonight

Prologue…
    The song echoed throughout the room. β€œOh my head. It hurts,” said Diana. Her eyes were still closed as she pressed her forehead. Her head hurts so bad that she felt like throwing up. As she opened her eyes, she saw two girls staring at her. β€œWhoaaa!! Back off!!” shouted Diana surprised. β€œWake up, sleepy head! We got some work to do.” said one of the girls. β€œExcuse me, work? And… who are you guys?” asked Diana as she looked around her. β€œAnd… since you’re at that, where am I?” Both girls looked at each other and sighed. β€œNot again, Diana! Are you trying to skip the work? Come on, we got to do this since he promised us to give us some gig! Said one of the girls. β€œSee, I told you Gianna. She’s trying to "runaway" and let us do all the work” said one of the girls. β€œYeah, you’re right, Angela” said Gianna. β€œNow, come on Diana, you can’t escape it this time!” said Angela as they pulled Diana from her bed. β€œWait… wait…. where are we going?” asked Diana. She was still puzzled and confused.

β€œOK, ladies. Let’s start the rehearsal!” said a tall figure man standing in front of the stage. Again, Diana was dragged to the stage by the girls as they later on were standing behind 3 microphones. Diana was still puzzled with all the commotion and trying her best to stay alert. Later on, a man walked to the stage and greeted them with a smile. β€œHold on, he looks familiar” whispered Diana to herself. β€œIt’s Bill Haley!” screamed Diana as two of the ladies were shocked at her sudden scream. Bill was her grandparent favourite singer, so it was so easy for Diana to recognise him. Her grandparent kept on telling a story of how they met each other and how close they were with Bill. β€œDiana!” said Angela as she grabbed Diana’s arm. Bill Haley turned his head and smiled. The tall figure man walked up the stage towards the girls and told them to remain alert and get ready for the rehearsal. Then again, Diana was shocked! β€œGranpa?!” shouted Diana in shocked. She was unaware of the man earlier on, as she was too confused with everything and now, she just realised that, the man looks like her grandfather!

Diana soon realised that she travelled back in time. She remembered that her grandfather once told her that she looked exactly like her late grandmother when her grandmother was young, as they were looking at an old photo album. β€œWhat’s actually happening? I remembered the last thing that I did was driving. Why am I here?” a sudden realisation hits Diana.

zDB2AaS.png
    β€œHey Diana, are you okay? Here, please do eat something! We need all the energy that we can have. Tomorrow is going to be BIG and a very important day! We are finally being able to make our dreams come true! It’s going to be our first day of performing!”Angela and Gianna were so happy as they started laughing happily. Then again, another memory came where she remembered a photo on a wall at her grandparent’s house, that her late grandmother cherished and loved as she showed a very fond memory every time she looked at the photo.

DhFGnoX.png
    Yes, it was the two of them! Angela and Gianna were the one in the photo! β€œHey Diana! Hey!” said Angela as she grabbed Diana’s arm. β€œI’m okay, I just need a moment to myself, ” said Diana as she stood up, and walked out of the diner. What exactly was happening? How did she travel back in time? Why now?

AoJayNP.png
    She had so many questions, but she cannot ask anyone for the answers. As she calmed down, she tried to remember everything that her grandparent used to tell her, then suddenly, a tear falling down as she remembered a story that her grandmother told her. Her grandmother decided to stop chasing her dreams when she lost her best friend on the night after their first performance. Diana tried her best to remember who the person was, but her memory was so blurred that she cannot recall anything anymore.

β€œDoctor, how’s her condition? Will she be okay? Will she be able to wake up?” a soft voice echoed as Diana fell asleep.

Then, the morning came. It was the day that they were going to perform as an opening act for Bill Haley. Diana felt so uneasy as she remembered what her grandmother once told her. She told her that one of her friends died as she was hit by a car after their performance night. As much as she wanted to recall, she just cannot remember who and where.

Au7TOTK.png
    The guests were filling up the studio. The staffs were so busy with the lightings and sounds. At the corner of the stage, the 3 ladies were anxiously waiting for the instruction from the stage manager. They were expected to perform first, before Bill Haley’s performance. The stage manager approached them and got them to ready and stand by. The stage light was dimmed and the curtain was ready to be lifted up.

Here's the link to the The Llama Girls

SORRY FOR THE LATE ENTRY!!! :s:'(
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    The new challenge seems fun! I can't wait to get my hand on the new pack! :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited September 2020
    My entry for the latest challenge: Darth Divan

dmklCuZ.png?1

Bio: Divan was once a typical geek obsessed with video games and Star Wars. Then he was mysteriously teleported into the world of Batuu and became a very powerful Sith Lord, plotting to rule the entire galaxy.

I'll share more pics once I have the pack! :wink:
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Flash5Flash5 Posts: 105 Member
    Awesome new Challenge @GLovely1 !! <3 My entry is up:

Carlos & Chew-Chow
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/28FDE72AEF8311EA81AA08F72EC21B78

These pilots for hire offer no side allegiance, they work for First Order & also Resistance! If you need a fast ship to take you on missions, these pilots will take you with zero conditions. Da Silva likes credits & rare stolen objects, offer him those & you’ll improve your prospects. They know all the shortcuts avoiding all danger, you’ll find them at Oga’s so don’t be a stranger. #cute#guy#dog sim#Flash5Carter1 for#GLovelysQCC #JourneyToBatuu

Good luck to everyone entering this round. :blush: I'll be sitting this one out since I know basically nothing about Star Wars and the overview for the sides really aren't that helpful for me. :tongue:

Hopefully the next challenge will be something I know a bit more about and can participate in.
    edited September 2020
    @MeowchaFrappe If I may, I'll try to explain it a bit better. So the First Order is basically like the rulers of Batuu and they are the bad guys. The Resistance are "rebels" against the First Order and the good guys. Scoundrels are basically like gamblers and thieves, who are not on either side - they just care about credits (money). I hope that helps.

For those who are unfamiliar with Star Wars, I recommend going with the Scoundrels (it's easier to come up with a thief character and you don't really need the lore for that). If you don't know what the characters are supposed to look like, Google is always a reliable source or try playing around with the Star Wars costumes that came in the base game. :)
    phULnBI.png
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I just saw that they finally announced the first Spark’d challenge winners a few days ago and I was so excited to see a few entries and names I recognize from these QCC’s!!! BIG congrats to @RethaSim @GLovely1 @lisabee2 @Flash5 and @Carolcolors !!! Hope I didn’t miss anyone!

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 793 Member
    Thanks so much @amp107 for celebrating the Spark'd wins here with all of us! It really was exciting to see so many friends on the stylist page!

Thanks also to @divanthesimmer for helping and encouraging @MeowchaFrappe to give this one a try. I'm so excited to see what everyone does! I love your entry Divan πŸ’œ It's so cool that both you and @Flash5 picked the dark side .. or well Sami picked the scoundrel side lol πŸ˜‚ Definitely creations that are opposite of your personalities πŸ’œ

My great friend and occasional QCC judge @LukasCreatesSims helped me announce our Rockabilly winners in the gallery today. Check it out:
    [img][/img]Rh41r17.jpg

βœ¨πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ Please join in more celebrations here for @Tabatchoi , @AlphaFFrog & @MenaBuchner .. our top 3 Rockabilly winners! βœ¨πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ I'll DM today to see which game pack you're needing to add to your sims gameplay!

I want to thank @FrankieDanySIMS once more for this cherry sweet, super neat challenge theme πŸ’œ Also, for her thoughtful work as a guest judge! You all made this one so challenging to score so please give congrats to everyone once more! βœ¨πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

Stay safe, have fun and keep on simming on everyone! πŸ’œ
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    Congrats to the winners! <3
  • NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    Congratulations to the winners!! πŸŽ‰ ✨ 🎊
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oh wow, congrats everyone! Where can I find the list of winners for the Spark'd challenge?
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    :star: Congratulations Winners! :star: Thanks for all the support and comments for my first upload! <3 And a big Wow to everyone because from young rockers to time hoppers and all shades of grey in between all these sims deserve to be in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame B)
  • ZebSimsZebSims Posts: 67 Member
    Congrats to the winners!
    Oh wow, congrats everyone! Where can I find the list of winners for the Spark'd challenge?

Congrats to the winners! Here you go, @icanhassims: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/sparkd/challenge/archive/destination-wedding#stylist :)
    phULnBI.png
  • LSB12LLSB12L Posts: 31 Member
    Yay for the winners! Congrats!
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    GLovely1 wrote: Β»
    I want to thank @FrankieDanySIMS once more for this cherry sweet, super neat challenge theme πŸ’œ Also, for her thoughtful work as a guest judge! You all made this one so challenging to score so please give congrats to everyone once more! βœ¨πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

Thanks for thanks @GLovely1 and congrats to the winners πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ + cheers to all the challengers that enjoyed the theme given and made very nice creations for it πŸ˜ƒ
    7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
    Congrats to all the winners of the Rockabilly round! I'm sure it defintely wasn't easy to pick winners! :heart:

@divanthesimmer Oh wow. Thank you so much for the explanation. That actually really helps a lot. I had absolutely no clue about what any of those sides represented.

@GLovely1 I do have a quick question regarding this round if you don't mind. Does the entry have to be strictly Star Wars specific since it fits with the pack release, or would it be okay reference other movies in the look as well, as long as the Star Wars references are still there?
    Congrats to all the winners of the Rockabilly round! I'm sure it defintely wasn't easy to pick winners! :heart:

@divanthesimmer Oh wow. Thank you so much for the explanation. That actually really helps a lot. I had absolutely no clue about what any of those sides represented.

@GLovely1 I do have a quick question regarding this round if you don't mind. Does the entry have to be strictly Star Wars specific since it fits with the pack release, or would it be okay reference other movies in the look as well, as long as the Star Wars references are still there?

You're welcome! Glad it helped! :)
    phULnBI.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top