Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Builders! Very Excited about the Windows update in the patch

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Placing windows on top of each other doesn't interest me that much, but I'm more interested in how we can finally place windows on the same tile now without one of them breaking. (For example if you alt placed two windows too close to each other one will go half greyed out)
    Definitely a much needed addition
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    This is Awesome! Now that my mods are ready for updating, I might go ahead and get the patch! Love the look of the window above the door!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Woohoo - just tested it and you CAN put windows above doors and they work! They left that little gem out of the notes.
    Windows-Above-Doors01.png
    Windows-Above-Doors02.png

@troshalom That build is so very interesting and awesome! Is it on the Gallery?
    #Team Occult
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited September 2020
    @LiELF yes it is, I posted it on page 1.
    It was pre the patch release so it doesn't have the windows above the doors.
    I entered it in the contest.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I've just gone in game and I noticed the new shell buildings they've added in the debug section. These new items have made me really wish we could build our own worlds! I'd love to expand San Myshuno to make it actually feel like an actual city...

EDIT: I've just been playing around with this idea for the last hour
    f0SoIUy.png

Ok! Now I can die happy...
    sTxMoUK.png

Does this mean we can use bb.moveobjects on to put apartments inside the shells
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    This feature is more groundbreaking than any other content they've done so far this year. 😅👌I'm glad.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    @LiELF yes it is, I posted it on page 1.
    It was pre the patch release so it doesn't have the windows above the doors.
    I entered it in the contest.

Awesome, thanks! :)
    #Team Occult
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I've just gone in game and I noticed the new shell buildings they've added in the debug section. These new items have made me really wish we could build our own worlds! I'd love to expand San Myshuno to make it actually feel like an actual city...

EDIT: I've just been playing around with this idea for the last hour
    f0SoIUy.png

Ok! Now I can die happy...
    sTxMoUK.png

Does this mean we can use bb.moveobjects on to put apartments inside the shells

Tbh I didn't really test it out - I got distracted building my tiny town :lol:
    qyFkPPA.png
    itojdzu.png
    sQezjoO.png

I did see the shells though so they do exist in the debug catalogue. I thought some of the shells would look really good if you put them on top of a pre-existing building (using the actual build tools) to make the building appear taller than what it actually is similar to what they did in the Sims 3 Roaring Heights.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi I don't know how many of you realise this but this update though it broke any CC doors windows and arches and forced us to use EA windows arches and doors it gave us the ability to layer/overlap windows. I am experimenting now with this and am trying to make a flower-shaped window for a build I'm doing to add some interest. I am happy about this. I think I can do this and I believe I might be able to create a heart-shaped window using EA windows through overlapping them. I'm so enjoying this experimenting with EA windows.

What is everyone's take on this?

Yay! Thank you, EA even though you broke the CC arches, doors and windows I have I forgive you. I can do cool things with your windows instead.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I had no idea so many people use CC doors and windows until this patch.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Omgosh!!! Squeals of happy joy from this build fanatic! Debug just got so much bigger and all of those shells! So much potential there. It's probably a silly thing to get excited about, but silly little things make me happy and yes, I am easily pleased. I'm also super grateful that they are there because that Debug menu gives me so much inspiration and fun. Just when I thought I was on my ear as a builder and had run out of things to do....this patch has altered that. I love it so much, thank you SimGuru's!!! So much gushy builder love for these additions. I'll just mop up now and get my coat lol
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I love the patch, love it, love it, love it! Now we have stackable windows Granite falls is getting a make over! I also like the new debug items a lot. I'm glad you're enjoying the possiblities this brings @drakharis
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I can't place any CC windows or doors anymore. just the frame shows up. am only able to place maxis items.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,487 Member
    edited September 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I'm surprised at that, too. The only cc I have ever bothered with is clothing and hair, (although I did hunt for a more appropriate fireplace and/or stove) but only for the 18th century since one of my saves is set in that time zone. Now, if only I could keep those Sims from the computer and their phones! LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member

I'm surprised at that, too. The only cc I have ever bothered with is clothing and hair, (although I did hunt for a more appropriate fireplace and/or stove) but only for the 18th century since one of my saves is set in that time zone. Now, if only I could keep those Sims from the computer and their phones! LOL

There aren’t really any glass doors for medium and tall walls, also windows that cast pretty shadows are lacking in those categories. Big glass windows that aren’t just plain are lacking (we got 3 almost identical plain ones, one base game, one from spa day and latest addition was in eco lifestyle)

I found the Moschino ones in medium size that I needed for my penthouse, now I use the original ones and stack them. Not really the same seamless result but it works.

I love the lighting in the game especially when it casts pretty shadows on the floor from the window patterns 😍

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have not patched for this reason. I thrive on cc doors and windows and my game is filled with them 😖😖😖😖I'm terrified to update
    But I also wanted to stack windows since forever!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I don't use CC in anything I upload to the gallery, and haven't used it for my own gameplay in so long I forgot I had it... When the game updates it turns CC off and if I'm not playing live mode, I forget to turn it back on.

I need to remember the new window stacking! I try to use as little MOO-type stuff as possible so I don't make glitchy builds, but that doesn't mean I can't experiment!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
    @ferret9005 I saw on MCCC discord that all of the CC windows & doors need to be fixed by the mod creators.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    @drakharis please post some pictures to this thread.
    Very interested in seeing what you do
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,943 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't use cc in general cause I simply don't like watching my builds and sims go broken and obviously that will keep happening everytime they add something cool in the game

so for me? this window update is all positives no negatives and I love it

though it will take me some time to learn to use it cause brain is still stuck on singular windows mode and i keep just giving my game shocked pikachu face whenever i find cool combination of windows

I'd love to see window and door combinations people are making with this
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I love the patch and I am not bothered that I have entire neighborhoods with screened in porches by Peacemaker. I started a new save until they are updated. Creators are talking about the Sims Studio (a program creators use) doing a batch fix. Just waiting. Maxis match windows and doors just expands what we already have in the game. I only have on save where I use Maxis match cc.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member

There aren’t really any glass doors for medium and tall walls, also windows that cast pretty shadows are lacking in those categories. Big glass windows that aren’t just plain are lacking (we got 3 almost identical plain ones, one base game, one from spa day and latest addition was in eco lifestyle)

I found the Moschino ones in medium size that I needed for my penthouse, now I use the original ones and stack them. Not really the same seamless result but it works.

I love the lighting in the game especially when it casts pretty shadows on the floor from the window patterns 😍

Are you aware of the windows that have many versions hidden in the swatches? I think default in catalog is blue glass with white framework. Might be from the City Living pack as they give me Casbah Gallery vibes :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Almost all of my doors and windows are cc, but this new patch is pretty fun!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited September 2020
    I haven't really played around with the windows that much. I do like the idea of being able to stack them now. Now, I would love some triangle-shaped windows, and I think I'll be set.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

Me neither, I’m bummed I never thought of it 🤣🤣