Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim not using the kitchen sink or dishwasher

I can't seem to get my sim to use the kitchen sink or dishwasher and instead they use other sinks around the house. And if I block every path that can get my sim to those other sinks and leave the kitchen sink and dishwasher open to use, the only option that is given is to throw the dirty dishes away. I don't know what's wrong or why this is happening. And I really have no idea what to do. This problem comes from the house I'm using. It's the Sky View Penthouse by Marmelad on YouTube. If anyone can help me solve this problem, I'm all ears.

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Sounds like a bug that has been going on for a while. I haven't had that problem in a while. Patch could have brought it back (or maybe it never was fixed).

I always have a dishwasher for my sims even if I am playing a poor family, that will take place over any comfortable bed or toilet :D

When my sim finishes eating and gets up to grab her plate, I just X out of that and click on the dishwasher to have her "load dishwasher". Then she collects any dirty dishes or glasses and loads them there. Of course, it only gives you that option on the dishwasher when she is actually done eating. So worth it to me though.

Not sure if its the house or not. You could always move out of the Penthouse and try another house and see if it solves the problem. Just save prior to moving, that way if it still happens, just don't save and you are still in the Penthouse.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Did it start doing that all of a sudden ?
    Mine had that problem and it stopped after I replaced the cabinet above the sink for a smaller one that was not cc. It worked fine, but now they just leave dirty dishes wherever. ....
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    If your sims won't use the kitchen sink or dishwasher, even when all the other sinks are blocked, then those are probably blocked too. Check for overhead lights, cabinets, etc. and see if you can find what's in the way.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there it may be a good idea to post about this over on Answers HQ where all bug reporting takes place as we do not have a bug reporting section on this forum any longer. I'm going to close this thread off so that you will be able to continue this over on Answers HQ.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top