Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think the Sims 5 could be better than TS4?

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    The Sims 5 could be better if [add answer in comment]
    Well obviously it *could* be better, but it could also be worse. It all depends on the direction, but judging on the games current trajectory I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking. As long as EA is still in the picture it's always going to be a desperate cash grab with bare minimum content and every corner cut
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    ...it had a real mix of OP's ideas.

Open World, World editing or CAW, Memories, Chemistry / Attraction and in-depth Personalities, Parody and Humour.

However, most importantly, a base game that includes a significant amount of content such as Seasons with weather, all current life stages, workplaces (GTW), University and Pets!

I know how desperate EA are to make as much money as possible but are 9 Expansion Packs, 8 Game Packs and 17(!!!) Stuff Packs absolutely necessary? TS3 only had 9 SP...

Personally, I would pay more for a fully fleshed out base game, than I am willing to fund all the ridiculous number of SP!
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    The Sims 5 could be better if the designers were obliged to play sims 2 and then sims 4. I have many doubts that they actually play the game. I did not lost hope for sims 5 tho :/
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options 2 through 6 inclusive
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    "The Sims 5 could be better, if they allow some expansion features in the base game

The Sims 5 could be better if they add open world, color wheel, CAW, (sims 3 ideas)

The Sims 5 could be better if they add better personalities, memory system, story album, chemistry/romantic system (sims 2 ideas)"

And then some, but those are the basics. Maybe some of the other poll options, but they're not necessarily as important.

And I don't even mean NECESSARILY robust EP features, but basic seasons and basic college, so things fit in with the game better when released and so we never have to see doctors without degrees again! They should think ahead so EPs aren't released with messes, like premades who aren't prepared for seasonal clothes, etc.

And planning a multiplayer game will PROBABLY wreck things, probably.

One more thing: proper cars with PROPER parking lots. I want parking lots required, either each lot has its own parking available or a few lots can share one parking lot, and this will be a standard set for the base game by devs, with PLENTY of space. (Or sims might have to walk for a while, or sneak parking somewhere... but the worlds will be made with ample parking in mind and base lots prepared for us.) Plus TS2-style animations for cars. No pocket cars!!! No mortals teleporting!
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited July 2020
    The Sims 4 is already perfect for me. Id like them to continue for many more years adding more expansions
    I actually have high doubts that Sims 5 would be any better. Graphically I see nothing they could improve. On gameplay aspect there could be improvements, but I sincerely doubt they have the guts to make them. I would want the better personalities, memory system etc. but also way more random weird/bad stuff happening.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    There is always the potential to be better. If EA learns from its mistakes gives the devs the time they need to do what they must to create a great game playtest it find the bugs and problems before it goes into beta stage. Allows the Game Changers to give negative feedback and really listen to the negative feedback. Push back the release date to a later date if needed to improve and solve any issues that arrive and look at what made The Sims, Sims 2 and Sims 3 great games that were amazing without mods and CC and look at what is good in Sims 4 Building and CAS and improve CAS and Build Mode, even more, making it a step further with things like vaulted ceilings muli-heights for a single level. For an example in build mode have the entryway with a vaulted ceiling that leads to a medium level sunken living room in the centre of the first floor with an open-concept kitchen dining room with plenty of area for sims to entertain guests. Have a reasonable scale. to transfer blueprints we find online to the sims. I build a lot in the sims. In fact, it's what I do first when I start a new game. I build up each of the worlds how I want. Then look at the premades I want to keep in the game I'm going to play delete all the celebrities except for Judith Ward (I love Judith she is a word I cannot use here but that is what makes her so much fun.) I would love to be able to do things like a sunken living room with a half wall in Sims 4 but I think I am asking for too much in build mode. I would love to have platforms back to put a bed or bathtub on as we had in Sims 3. I would love to be able to build ponds as we could in Sims 3. I can build and do some sweet landscaping in Sims 3 I am horrible at terrain and landscaping in Sims 4. But I can build it just won't pop that's all. I want to be able to do nice landscaping in Sims 5. I want wall heights but be able to add texture and "paint" ceiling in sims 5 without the use of mods. We need round turrets and rounded corners/walls. We need round/oval pool options. We need colour wheels and the ability to "create" a material again. Hello, Black Pearl Granite for the countertops in a build without using CC.

Sunken Livingroom
    [img][/img]gOWWd8g.jpg

[img][/img]tdfTyqk.jpg

Rounded Walls
    bFn2z3V.jpg

Vaulted Ceiling
    [img][/img]0TqETWQ.jpg

Cathedral Ceiling
    mlRsoyk.jpg

The potential really is there. We can sort of do Cathedral Ceilings now and not exactly vaulted ceilings. The difference between a Cathedral Ceiling and a vaulted Ceiling is that a Cathedral Ceiling always follows the pitch of the roof, A vaulted ceiling does not. My grandma was big into architecture. She taught me a lot.

The potential is there for the devs to do these things. It really is. Whether they want to tap in and bring us an amazing game is hopefully what we'll get.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    You will never learn.After Eco Living it's clear that if another version of the Sims comes out it's going to be a mess plus they may suck up to the multiplayer like they did in Fallout. If EA does proper testing and goes back to it's roots of families and story telling then there might be hope.

The thing with multi-players it allows them to create buyable downloadable content that could be for a limited time or something like the buyable loot boxes they got into trouble with a while back. It's more profitable for them that way. Unlike Rockstar that puts out GTA and does it well. Every time they (EA in the Sims) went the multi-player route in the past it really wasn't welcomed in the community if memory serves me correctly. My husband plays GTA and sometimes I play with him.

EA needs to fire their CEO give developers the time they need to develop games and listen to their fan base. Their fanbase is who essentially pays their salaries when all is said and done. We all want good storytelling. We all want substance.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • OrangeSodaSINOrangeSodaSIN Posts: 58 Member
    it could be better with the colorwheel and stuff in base game and some stuff from TS2.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    The Sims 5 could be better if the designers were obliged to play sims 2 and then sims 4. I have many doubts that they actually play the game. I did not lost hope for sims 5 tho :/

Better throw three in there too. We're not willing to be tossed out in the dustpile this time around.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Sims 5 would be better if the person holding the pursestrings allotted more money and time for gameplay mechanics, depth, and replayability, and stopped worrying so much about marketing. If the game is good, people will hear about it. The best part is that word-of-mouth is free. Simply concentrate on building the best Sims game ever that marries some of the most beloved features from the franchise and it can't lose.

Also, please stop trying to create a game that can run on an old Texas Instruments calculator.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The Sims 4 is already perfect for me. Id like them to continue for many more years adding more expansions
    I prefer Sims 4 & will eventually upgrade to Paralives when it's completed.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    all of the above! I feel like with each new Sims that came out they left behind some of the better aspects of the game.
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    The Sims 5 could be better if they add better personalities, memory system, story album, chemistry/romantic system (sims 2 ideas)
    For me the personalities comes first, but I would also like to be rewarded and/or surprised in my game depending on how I play it. Does anyone remember Drew Carey coming by if your party was a success, the ghost at the campfire, the roaches, the clown...? I think the game has turned into a dollhouse more and more which I guess is understandable since I assume most of you started to play the Sims as kids. All the quirkiness and humor probably went over your heads :)

I still have hopes for Sims5 but family play is not my gig.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I like all these choices from the poll:
    • The Sims 5 could be better, if they allow some expansion features in the base
    • The Sims 5 could be better if they add open world, color wheel, CAW, (sims 3 ideas)
    • The Sims 5 could be better if they add better personalities, memory system, story album, chemistry/romantic system (sims 2 ideas)
    • The Sims 5 could be better if they add more parody and humor, details, and a more witty style (sims 1 ideas)
    • The Sims 5 could be better if they just scratch out the whole multiplayer idea

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    The Sims 5 could be better if they add better personalities, memory system, story album, chemistry/romantic system (sims 2 ideas)
    At this point...I think anything will be better than TS4 let's be honest.
  • username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    The Sims 5 could be better if they add open world, color wheel, CAW, (sims 3 ideas)
    I want TS2's gameplay and TS3's innovative tools . Create a style, color wheel, i need those things. I also need the humor, silliness and quirks of TS2.
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Livi5500kLivi5500k Posts: 22 Member
    The Sims 5 could be better if they just scratch out the whole multiplayer idea
    This ⬆️

Plus Sims 2 & 3 features. Seasons, Pets, and Uni should be the first few packs that come out. None of this Get to Work 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Necessary packs first please.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited September 2020
    None of these answers reflect my opinion. I think it could be better if elements from TS3 and TS2 were in the game, but I don't think TS5 will actually be an improvement, considering TS2 seems to be the generally agreed upon best iteration of the series, then TS3 was arguably inferior due to apparently having less complicated personalities and relationships, not to mention stability issues. And TS4 isn't much of an improvement (gameplay wise) of either games.

To sum up, I think it could be better if it added upon and expanded on elements present in all 3 games, but I highly doubt that will happen. If I am wrong, however... I would be over the moon to take that L.
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Sims 5 will only be better if the team learns from its mistakes with Sims 4. Sadly I don't see that happening as the problems are on a base game level. Clearly they messed up trying to make a multiplayer game and I see those same mistakes coming to Sims 5.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    TS5 could be better if they listen to fans and put in all those features listed -- the best parts of TS2 + TS3, have pets and seasons in the base game (like Paralives is going to do), and stop making the graphics look like a shiny Disney Princess game for 6-year-olds.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited September 2020
    Could be better--IF they stick the CEO and marketing department in a storage locker somewhere. Between the CEO's own comments about wanting online play and microtransactions in every game; and some of the half-baked pack ideas in TS4; we're looking at a mess for TS5.

Scratch the multiplayer element, use a good (existing, like Unreal) engine, open world, properly made and content-packed expansion packs (like one or two a year, with no GP/SP things like we have) with large worlds. And of course--don't forget the Sims. Their personalities, AI, attraction system, and well mostly everything about them can be revamped. I think town staples should be a focus, as it is in previous games. I've always been irked things like hospital, grocery store, police station, book store, etc. has taken a backseat to party locations like nightclubs and bars; when they were EP items in TS3. Despite all career locations being on secret/hidden lots--Get to Work added the science lab, police station and hospital; bookstores and restaurants you'll have to build yourself using assets from Dine Out and Get to Work, and we still don't have a fire station yet. While they may have been rabbitholes, having the career workplaces extant in TS3 was always impressive. Personal and interpersonal relationships, as well as the dating/attraction system has never been in-depth as TS2.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    It could be better if we got all life stages fleshed out from day 1, if we had a sims 2 like personalities, traits, memories, etc and they dropped the whole multiplayer idea.
    Happy simming!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sure creating homes is nice but once I hit live mode the Sims become the star and when they're mindless robots like Sims 4 its not so fun so obviously Sims 5 would be better if the Sims in live mode actually had personalities and memories over mood swings "emotions"
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    They need to take a good, hard look at the Sims 2. That game did it right. Sims had distinct personalities, memories, attractions, emotions...

I'm losing confidence that it'll deliver on anything that tops 2 though. Standards have fallen way too low considering what's been released lately.