Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Little Details in The Sims 4 that TS2 & TS3 don't have?

FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
I was watching these videos that show tiny details in The Sims 2. Not long ago there is a tiny detail video of The Sims 3 that The Sims 2 and Sims 4 has.

https://youtu.be/LlWEvlW9jbY

https://youtu.be/snjGbA2qTc4

I love these two previous games and have an obsession with small tiny details. And I just thought what tiny details is there in The Sims 4 that The Sims 2 & Sims 3 don't have?

One thing I noticed is that when you get a promotion, new partner, married or have a baby. You get a congratulates message from friends.

What other tiny details is there that majority may not be aware of?
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Veterinary & Pets wearing the "cone of shame" after a cheap treatment is another one!
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Pregnancy tests!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The silly walks.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member
    multitasking
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I was just going to say that. ^^^ I love the ability of sims to get a drink with their meal. (Not so tiny in mho. :D )
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    In cas, you can change every sims hair and clothing that's in the same household all at once.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @beville yes! 🙌🏽 I love that, I totally forgot how annoying it was that we couldn’t do that before!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Being able to wear any clothing item through pregnancy. Not all items work but it’s so nice to be able to do that.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The facial expressions sims make. It makes them look very human to see their facial expressions change.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Hats are separate from hair.
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    pet furniture for cats...
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Breast feeding.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I think the environment lighting throughout the day is better than previous games and how the lighting can look very different from other worlds. I may be wrong tho since I didn't really play The Sims 3 that much.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Oh and auto fill needs is the best.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    cats riding on roombas...i think. idk if it was in other games.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Well, toddlers can bite people. That wasn't in TS3 and I can't remember if TS2 had it.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    In Cats and Dogs, if your pet is wearing a collar with a bell, you can hear it ring when they move about
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited September 2020
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I was just going to say that. ^^^ I love the ability of sims to get a drink with their meal. (Not so tiny in mho. :D )

I originally loved this idea, but my sims are obsessed with drinking water, so much so that I thought it was a bug at first. And when my sims use the drink and food multitask feature it makes their 2-3 hour eating fest even longer :disappointed:

I think the TS4 lighting is divine. The way the shadows move across the room as the time passes; it's a beauiful game :love:

Also, the kids going through "phases" I'm not sure if that is part of the base game or from one of my packs. The "I'm not eating" phase was the best, especially when you have multiple kids and one of them seems to be a problem child!
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    I do love the transportation in the backgrounds of lots, seeing ferries and trolleys go by is nice, though it always makes me want to send my sim on a ferry. I like seeing bugs all over Granite Falls, too. :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    1. The build mode tools
    2. The Variety Hairstyles
    3. The Occult traits
    4. The Cheat Codes
    5. The Gallery
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Sorry, but apart from the ability to move a building around, resize rooms, and easier basements I find TS4 building tools much more difficult/ inflexible than those in 2. Terrain tools a a joke in comparison, and we still don't have a water tool. TS2 also has extensive cheats, though in view of game age would require research to find them all. BTW, with a cheat, I can (& have) build a 10 story building in 2. How high will a TS4 building go?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sorry, but apart from the ability to move a building around, resize rooms, and easier basements I find TS4 building tools much more difficult/ inflexible than those in 2. Terrain tools a a joke in comparison, and we still don't have a water tool. TS2 also has extensive cheats, though in view of game age would require research to find them all. BTW, with a cheat, I can (& have) build a 10 story building in 2. How high will a TS4 building go?

As far as I know you can only build 6 stories in sims 4. Never tried even that much myself though, haha! 2 stories is my max (downloading from gallery, I hate building myself haha) because I don't want it to start feeling like a town or city. I play more small homes on the beach style. Never tried terrain editing either since build mode doesn't interest me so I can't judge which version was easier for me there.

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited November 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    The silly walks.

I still say Monty Python did it much better.
    Ministry_of_Silly_Walks.jpg
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Good thread.

I don’t know what counts as small details; but the flexible gender system in CAS is new and appreciated.