Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Journey to Batuu?

Comments

• windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Clearly this Sims team has run out of ideas. This is the second pack in a row that I don't have any intention of buying. It's really too bad, because there are so many subjects that fans have been asking them for years now. Oh well, that's the way it goes.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • beautimousbeautimous Posts: 108 Member
    Will buy in a sale
    Look, I love Star Wars. I have tattoos, a lightsaber I spent a wild amount of money on hanging on my wall, a baby yoda doll and a replica Kylo Ren helmet. Star Wars is one of my favourite series/franchises.

But I don't want my sims to go to freaking Batuu. This is so dumb. The ONLY reason I'd buy it is so I can give Ben/Kylo Ren the happy ending he deserved, assuming the Kylo Ren character is playable. And with that said, I wouldn't buy it unless it was heavily discounted.

I know EA is a company that needs to make money, but putting paid SW content into the sims isn't the most lucrative way to do that!
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Can’t wait!
    beautimous wrote: »
    Look, I love Star Wars. I have tattoos, a lightsaber I spent a wild amount of money on hanging on my wall, a baby yoda doll and a replica Kylo Ren helmet. Star Wars is one of my favourite series/franchises.

But I don't want my sims to go to freaking Batuu. This is so dumb. The ONLY reason I'd buy it is so I can give Ben/Kylo Ren the happy ending he deserved, assuming the Kylo Ren character is playable. And with that said, I wouldn't buy it unless it was heavily discounted.

I know EA is a company that needs to make money, but putting paid SW content into the sims isn't the most lucrative way to do that!

Black Series? Where'd you get your lightsaber?
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    I've changed my mind about the game.
    It looks well made if I was into Star Wars, I would love it but I'm not a fan.
    I might buy it as a Christmas gift.
  • beautimousbeautimous Posts: 108 Member
    Will buy in a sale
    Haflinger wrote: »

Yes! I actually bought it for a con (went as what I called 'Kylo Fem' lmao). Lightsaber is 'prodigal son' from saberforge:

https://saberforge.com/collections/elite-sabers/products/prodigal-son
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Can’t wait!
    Haflinger wrote: »

Yes! I actually bought it for a con (went as what I called 'Kylo Fem' lmao). Lightsaber is 'prodigal son' from saberforge:

https://saberforge.com/collections/elite-sabers/products/prodigal-son

Nice! I love Black Series. I have quite a few of the 6" action figures, but haven't bought anything else in terms of a bucket or lightsabers from them. I have a Master Replica Vader saber (before Force FX bought them out, and before Black Series bought them out.) After i spent a fortune on my biker scout costume last year (but totally got it GML approved which is awesome-cool), I've been trying not to go too broke on Star Wars swag.

I've heard lots of good things about SaberForge. I have 2 totally tricked out Ultrasabers (my Dark Initiate v4 and my Archeon v2 -- essentially Luke's lightsaber) and then about 5 stunt sabers that just have a lighted blade, but no sound. I want to get Revan's sabers (Butcher & Savior from Ultrasabers) and then a pair of Grandmasters for a saberstaff.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    edited August 2020
    Definitely not buying
    sorry but whaaaaaaat were they thinking.... a lot of people want stuff packs which include missing features or cute features like farming and other life things. If I want star wars I will watch or play these games. the heck???? do they even know who plays sims?
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Will buy in a sale
    For some this pack may be up their alley, but for me seeing how I play and what I expect out of it is not what I really want. Like CL and EL as well Strangerville it has restrictions on where you can use most of the features. If I decide to buy it must have an real good sale as I do not feel like it is an pack worth $20.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2020
    If it has.... (comment)
    If it has a complete overhaul to
    • open the game world. After TS3 it's impossible to regress back to the lot claustrophobia of TS2
    • open all water body areas for Sim swimming/marine navigation
    • Add back the TS3 color wheel, CAS, CAP, CAW, and in game CAW utility tools. So basically,
    • add ALL the missing game content and features that were present in TS2 & TS3 aka what's listed on places like Reddit

Thought this was a joke when I first heard of it. Have been mortified ever since when I realized it was 100% true. LazyGamer really has his work really cut out in reviewing this one. :(

Using this GP as free advertisement & marketing for the Disney Bantuu theme park. SERIOUSLY. The level of disrespect the Sims Studio & EA Execs displayed with this toxic monetizing strategy of Disney's new themed park.....

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/hollywood-studios/star-wars-galaxys-edge/

The Sims franchise is truly dead. RIP Sims. :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    Definitely not buying
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If Maxis is going to continue down this road with packs like SV and SW, then let's just go all out and start using the Sims as a way to add other games (story driven/linear aspects) and just use The Sims' animators for the following,

Nancy Drew pack.
    Sherlock Holmes pack.
    FallOut pack.
    Call of Duty pack.
    Silent Hill pack.
    AC pack.
    Anthem pack.
    Doctor Who pack.

I can name dozens and dozens. Let's go Maxis start pumping them out.
    ETA: We don't need a life simulator just The Sims to build other games for us using Sims.

I'd love to see a Dr Who pack!

I'm excited for the star wars one,I love the films and by the looks of this pack (From what I have seen from the trailer.) It looks like it adds a good strory to the sims 4 for all fans of star wars. It's not like there aren't any star wars stuff in the sims 4. B)

I hope you enjoy it, because to me it spells the end of the life simulator as we know it. For many different reasons, not just because it's story driven pack. I think The Sims Medieval would be a better investment, though it is now an old spin off, since it is so much more in depth than this pack by what I saw in Let's Plays and game changers' reviews.

The world is 99% back drop with three lots. It seems they cared more about depicting Disney's theme park scenery than actually building a pack even SW's fans might like. The Sims is about Sims, simulating life, isn't it? I guess it's not anymore, but as General Mgr Lyndsay said, a trend simulator....

That must be true since not one new trait was even added. Who cares about the Sim anymore, it's a trend simulator.
    It makes me wonder was the theme park trending on Twitter and they all said wow, let's built that! of course with Disney approval. Maybe it would be a good idea if they got off Twitter and talked to those who played The Sims. Echo chambers make you deaf.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MrsC1990MrsC1990 Posts: 44 Member
    Can’t wait!
    kemowery wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If Maxis is going to continue down this road with packs like SV and SW, then let's just go all out and start using the Sims as a way to add other games (story driven/linear aspects) and just use The Sims' animators for the following,

Nancy Drew pack.
    Sherlock Holmes pack.
    FallOut pack.
    Call of Duty pack.
    Silent Hill pack.
    AC pack.
    Anthem pack.
    Doctor Who pack.

I can name dozens and dozens. Let's go Maxis start pumping them out.
    ETA: We don't need a life simulator just The Sims to build other games for us using Sims.

I'd buy several of those. Fallout and Doctor Who especially, since the Doctor Who one would have to include time travel. Come to think of it, if AC means "Assassin's Creed," that would also need to have different time periods and maybe sims could do parkour? I'm in.

When the trailer for State of Decay 3 came out, in a group speculating on what might be in the game (based on almost no information), my list of things I'd like to see ended up being, basically, a hybrid between State of Decay and The Sims.

And another one of my favorite games is LEGO Dimensions which lets you take characters from a bunch of different properties and throw them together to have adventures in different worlds ... so I'd be okay with that, too. My neighborhoods in The Sims are already pretty likely to have the Tenth Doctor and Rose living next to Sabrina Spellman living next to Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter, so licensed packs that actually helped support that playstyle would be fine by me.

I'm another player who would happily buy more Story based/Franchise packs. Strangerville was a welcome change to the status quo and I genuinely can't wait to play Journey to Batuu :)
  • Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    If it has.... (comment)
    On first viewing, I got pretty excited. I'm a big Star Wars fan, so this looked great to me. I was a bit weirded out at how I could fit it inot the story narratives of my sims, but turns out it's basically Galaxy's Edge dropped into the game, so I can treat it as a 'roleplaying' Theme Park.
    Love the look of the new things, more variety at the GeekCon cosplays, etc etc.

But from the looks of things so far, this pack seems pretty shallow for being labelled a Game Pack. No new career, no new occult type, no new skills (That we know of). Just items, decor, clothes and styles... and a new area with some activities (that look to be repetitive). All of which is fine....for a Stuff Pack. I don't think the content is worth paying the price of a Game Pack for though. If it does have a new career or two, a couple of new skills, and an additional Occult type, it would be a Game Pack. Heck,. it doesn't even need the new occult type really.
    But without those? It's an overpriced Stuff Pack.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Not buying but I can guarantee you 40% of the people who say this will still go out and buy it on lunch day and another 40% when it goes on sale.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Not buying but I can guarantee you 40% of the people who say this will still go out and buy it on lunch day and another 40% when it goes on sale.

And yet again EA will prove that they can release whatever and never fix anything because people will buy it anyway.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Originally thought I was going to buy this on sale and use it as another vacation spot. But after watching some overview videos there is very little I would use of this pack. I buy packs that aren’t necessary my gameplay style but I usually like the CAS/BB/or world. Or I know that I will use it for at least one save. The only thing I liked And I wouldn’t mind them doing again is the build inside the shell. I liked how that looked.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Definitely not buying

Put me in that 20% who for sure will not be buying this. Even if it was offered to me for free, I personally would not clutter up my game with it. Besides a plant and a couple of walls that I would probably use, there was not a thing useful to me. I wouldn't want to go see the RL theme park so I would definitely not want to pretend my sims were going to see it, because it doesn't interest me.

But I don't begrudge those fans that will welcome this pack with open arms either. They have a different play style than I do and other interests.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Can’t wait!
    I can't wait.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I won't know until I have it and have played around with it.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Okay / Not really bothered
    After having watched a few of the EA Game Changers videos, I'm deeply disappointed with the gameplay features that we are provided with in this pack. The aesthetics and overall world are excellent, but it seems the majority of the resources for this pack went into masks and shells...
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Definitely not buying
    After having watched a few of the EA Game Changers videos, I'm deeply disappointed with the gameplay features that we are provided with in this pack. The aesthetics and overall world are excellent, but it seems the majority of the resources for this pack went into masks and shells...

Well I was never interested, but the fact that it turns out it is actually not even "Star Wars", it's "Amusement Park Pretending to be Star Wars" is so much worse.

The aliens being costumed actors. Jedi powers not existing because again, costumed actors. And above all that the location as such is modeled not after a location in a film or TV series or even a comic, but after the IRL amusement park.

It turns out that not only is it a cash grab, it literally is an ad for an IRL amusement park.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Definitely not buying
    No aliens, no lots, no new kitchen or bathroom stuff, repetitive quests and rabbit holes.

I'd have been inclined to get it on sale if it expanded on aliens and Sixam but now that I've seen what GCs have posted what's on JtB, I'll sit this one out.
    Happy simming!
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    edited September 2020
    Definitely not buying
    It's trash. The aliens are costumes, 95 % of the world is a shell, no replay value, can't live in the new world, no intimate relationships with these "iconic" characters, no weather in the new world. I wouldn't buy this at 75% off.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Definitely not buying
    Nope, the buck stops here! This was very presumptuous and it is time to make a statement of our own. This pack has no relation to the Sims concept as a whole. I will just pretend it never happened and ignore any future threads pertaining to it.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited September 2020
    To the kind of sims I play, their ethnicity that's awesome to me, this is a great addition and a great gift the gurus gave to me. Even thought, this is far to be perfect, that lacks a lot of interesting SW's characters and stuffs , a Jedi's world I couldn't expect this ! A big thank you for thinking of the minority of weird simmer who rewrite the story at her own point of view I belong to. <3 It's been years I decided the sims are aliens and I got a lot of evidences in the sims 4 that's I developped this idea in sims 3 and I am sure I am not the only one in their legalicies, story, gameplay, because of the alien who kidnapped the sims to create hybrids since ts1 or ts2.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Definitely not buying
    The mechanics of the Sims 4 will not support the gameplay needed in a pack like this. I noticed that the gameplay is implemented the same way as Strangerville and Realm of Magic It will be experienced as deja-vu or to put it simply, as repetitive already washed up gameplauy.
    Couple that with the over whelming bugs that are sure to be in the initial release, that goes without saying, and I feel sure that it would be almost impossible to enjoy.