Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle -- Did you know?

Comments

• SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    edited July 2020
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    If your Sim is about to age up -- if their lifestage bar is filled and it has the little bubbles on it -- - a friend or relative might drop by with a present because it's their birthday. :)

Sadly, that also happens when a Sim is about to die. Someone showed up with a birthday present, and the only Sim in the household with bubbles was an elder. What with Grim arriving, I never did get to find out what the present was.

That is awful but darkly hilarious at the same time. >:)

Sims living in an off-grid lot who generate some power can start a novel, then continue writing it even if the power reserves go out. This SEEMS to be the case in a Brindleton Bay lot I'm doing at the moment.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    If your Sim is about to age up -- if their lifestage bar is filled and it has the little bubbles on it -- - a friend or relative might drop by with a present because it's their birthday. :)

Sadly, that also happens when a Sim is about to die. Someone showed up with a birthday present, and the only Sim in the household with bubbles was an elder. What with Grim arriving, I never did get to find out what the present was.

That is awful but darkly hilarious at the same time. >:)

Sims living in an off-grid lot who generate some power can start a novel, then continue writing it even if the power reserves go out. This SEEMS to be the case in a Brindleton Bay lot I'm doing at the moment.

All computers do that don't they? Mine lasts for about 4 hours without the power supply. Now, if cost of them made them last longer..... :)
  • psusenaspsusenas Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello,
    Could we disable all NAPs without uninstall Eco LifeStyle pack?
    Thanks.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    So...there are NAPs active in other worlds even if you didn't vote for anything or place a voting board there.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    I've just got my sim's dad knock on her house offering to help clean it. She's slob and her house was a bit dirty...
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited July 2020
    psusenas wrote: »
    Hello,
    Could we disable all NAPs without uninstall Eco LifeStyle pack?
    Thanks.

Before I started a new game I turned off the NPC voting in the game options. I have no NAPS unless I choose to make my sims vote.
  • crazycleopatracrazycleopatra Posts: 22 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Waaaaaaaaaaaait what, is this new???

y2s5e7Y.png

I mean I <3 it, coz Chris is exactly the kind of sim who'd call his kids but awww :love:

Why am I not getting any of these notifications?

Same! I don't reiceve them either! :'(
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    I just discovered that Green Initiatives and Modern Development N.A.P.s will change the look of Evergreen Harbor's world map.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    The island neighborhood in Windenburg (Crumbling Ruins, I think?) is fairly easy to turn green. I've had that happen without trying in 2 different games.
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    Mary and Blossom Greenburg were by Plumbella + their house was made by Simproved
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,933 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Drinking bizarre juice will possess your sims :)

MK0RcJR.png
    Gle2pcg.png

How long does it last?
    @SheriSim57
    As long as posessed emotion usually lasts: 3 hours.
    And it makes sims infected, meaning that they'll become posessed again every midnight until they are either cured with the vaccine or you solve the StrangerVille mystery.
    edited July 2020
    EgonVM wrote: »
    @SheriSim57
    And it makes sims infected, meaning that they'll become posessed again every midnight until they are either cured with the vaccine or you solve the StrangerVille mystery.

@EgonVM So do you have to solve it again if you have already solved it on that save? Is there a vaccine in this pack then too? Ty for responding.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    @SheriSim57

@EgonVM So do you have to solve it again if you have already solved it on that save? Is there a vaccine in this pack then too? Ty for responding.

There isn't any vaccines in Eco Living, but to make the strange fizzed juice in the first place, you'll need the bizarre fruit from StrangerVille. Though if you don't have the pack and you get is from debug menu, I don't know what heppens.
    Well, these are big spoilers. Thankfully, there is a spoiler tag in this forums, so...
    I give you another chance to turn back and not spoil StrangerVille for you. If you have already solved the mystery or don't want to solve it, open the spoiler in spoiler.
    I put the tutorial I made about the pack here so you can have a better idea about what I'm talking about
    https://youtu.be/wO48CYRGV2o
    Once you find the mother plant, you can craft vaccines which cure infected sims (misleading I know). Your sim needs a bizarre fruit and spore clusters to make them. Vaccines will not only cure infected sims, but also prevent sims from getting infected for some days.
    Defeating the mother plant will also cure infected sims, but sims can still get infected. If you revive the mother plant, you can set the weirdness level, Setting it to normal will cure infected sims, so you have to make it weird and then back to normal.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @SheriSim57 If you're not opposed to using a cheat, you won't need to go through the entire StrangerVille mystery to cure your Sim. Just do this:

Open the cheat box in game by pressing the: shift control C keys
    In the cheat box type: testingcheats true (or on if true doesn't work) and then press the enter key
    Finally, with the infected Sim selected type:

Traits.Remove_Trait Infected

Some players may need to use the more specific:

Traits.Remove_Trait Strangerville_Infected

Also, if for whatever reason you want to infect your Sim the cheat would be:

Traits.Equip_Trait Infected

or

Traits.Equip_Trait Strangerville_Infected

After you've implemented the selected cheat, press the Esc key to close the cheat box.

I used these cheats for a Rags to Riches type game play in Sulani with one Sim and I also used it to infect 7 Sim residents of an Asylum Challenge in Sulani as well. I hope this helps!

Happy Simming! <3
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @SheriSim57 If you're not opposed to using a cheat, you won't need to go through the entire StrangerVille mystery to cure your Sim. Just do this:

In the cheat box type: testingcheats true (or on if true doesn't work) and then press the enter key

or

After you've implemented the selected cheat, press the Esc key to close the cheat box.

I used these cheats for a Rags to Riches type game play in Sulani with one Sim and I also used it to infect 7 Sim residents of an Asylum Challenge in Sulani as well. I hope this helps!

Happy Simming! <3

Thank you ! I wrote down the cheat

Once they are cured...... can they get reinfected? and do you have to play through to the mother plant again for the town to go back to normal?

I have played through in my main save but don’t care to play through other saves.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Karababy52 wrote: »

or

Happy Simming! <3

Thank you ! I wrote down the cheat

Once they are cured...... can they get reinfected? and do you have to play through to the mother plant again for the town to go back to normal?

I have played through in my main save but don’t care to play through other saves.

Yes, they can get reinfected. No need to replay the story if you know these cheats (or have many vaccines),
    I've just find out that sometimes kids and teens will get a notification saying that they managed to start homework at school. They come from school with 50% of the homework already done.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I've just find out that sometimes kids and teens will get a notification saying that they managed to start homework at school. They come from school with 50% of the homework already done.

That happened before Eco Lifestyle. It's from a mod I believe.
    CelSims wrote: »

I use no mods and I've also begun to get these messages. I guess it's another "community closeness" feature.

I didn't use mods before eco Lifestyle. But i can't assure it's from this ep or it's pre patch...
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I use no mods and I've also begun to get these messages. I guess it's another "community closeness" feature.

Not a mod then! Definitely got it before Eco though. I had assumed it was from the better homework mod which I tried a while ago. Or I'm going insane.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've been playing rotationally, and when one of my Sims got a phone call from her sister asking if they should try for baby, I said yes. I checked a few times, but it looked as if the pregnancy didn't happen. Then, when I started playing that family, the sister who made the phone call started throwing up, and eventually had the baby, about 3 Sim weeks later. So, something to be aware of.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I've been playing rotationally, and when one of my Sims got a phone call from her sister asking if they should try for baby, I said yes. I checked a few times, but it looked as if the pregnancy didn't happen. Then, when I started playing that family, the sister who made the phone call started throwing up, and eventually had the baby, about 3 Sim weeks later. So, something to be aware of.

@MVWdeZT ... I like that they added this. It does take time for the pregnancy to show. I got a call from my brother about trying for a baby. This time, I waited awhile before visiting. When I visited, his wife was pregnant and showing.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Did you know you can recycle TOMBSTONES? :lol:

Time to turn that family graveyard into your next piece of furniture :lol:

Vlad suddenly getting a lot of interested buyers!