Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Miss Cars?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited September 2020
    I see some forget the option on TS2 cars was to assign it to a specific Sim so the carpool didn't show for them. They would automatically go to work in their cars. Teens can drive to school and they can drive their younger siblings to school. Parents can drive kids to school, too.

I don't miss cars because I don't play TS4 but I enjoy them in TS2 and TS3.

And isn't the Sims about options and Simulating life? I guess knitting is important for fulfilling life when they don't have to pay for clothes. :lol:
  • simoleanfairysimoleanfairy Posts: 8 New Member
    A million times yes. I would rather my sim hop into a car and hit a loading screen than just disappearing. Sims 2 cars had loading screens and it never bothered me in the slightest. I loved when Nightlife allowed us to have our own cars. Sims teleporting everywhere is ridiculous to me and open world or not, the inclusion of cars would enhance my enjoyment of the game and add an extra sense of realism.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I don't see how cars would be better than bikes in Sims 4. so for me no cars
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I see some forget the option on TS2 cars was to assign it to a specific Sim so the carpool didn't show for them. They would automatically go to work in their cars. Teens can drive to school and they can drive their younger siblings to school. Parents can drive kids to school, too.

I don't miss cars because I don't play TS4 but I enjoy them in TS2 and TS3.

And isn't the Sims about options and Simulating life? I guess knitting is important for fulfilling life when they don't have to pay for clothes. :lol:

Having dug out my "The Sims" Prima guide, I've found that my memory was right. Every career in "The Sims" (1) had a type of car assigned to them to collect them and take them to work and got better with every advancement in their career from junker, squad car, military jeep to, at the top level.... Limo, hospital Limo, Staff sedan, and Bentley! This was all in the Base game.

There was so much thought put into the first iteration, plus as many worlds as you wanted to add I remember later on. Great fun when it first came out.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Was it in "The Sims" or Sims 2 that you could gauge your Sims going up the work ladder by the car that collected them to go to work? I'd love that to come back again.

I think ts2 did it but it was also in ts3 as well.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It will be interesting if they will add cars to the game. The cars that are driving around are pretty large...

Zm6gGDP.png

Oh, and they fly over the ground and clip through the sims as well.

Sorry, I see your point but that pic made me laugh! I didn't realize the were SOOOO big compared to sims!
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    A million times yes. I would rather my sim hop into a car and hit a loading screen than just disappearing. Sims 2 cars had loading screens and it never bothered me in the slightest. I loved when Nightlife allowed us to have our own cars. Sims teleporting everywhere is ridiculous to me and open world or not, the inclusion of cars would enhance my enjoyment of the game and add an extra sense of realism.

^ Word for word, my thoughts.

I don't know if I already replied to this thread, but yes, I miss cars in The Sims everyday.

The cars driving around the roads in the background sets, they taunt me. :P
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I do miss cars, I loved a lot of ones they had in Sims 3, one of my faves was the witches one ( older and convertible), and for my criminal Sims they had to get that superfast Batmobile looking one, that car was so fast lol.
  • alliehuealliehue Posts: 16 Member
    [quote="sketches;c-17646514"][quote="simoleanfairy;c-17639403"]A million times yes. I would rather my sim hop into a car and hit a loading screen than just disappearing. Sims 2 cars had loading screens and it never bothered me in the slightest. I loved when Nightlife allowed us to have our own cars. Sims teleporting everywhere is ridiculous to me and open world or not, the inclusion of cars would enhance my enjoyment of the game and add an extra sense of realism.[/quote]

^ Word for word, my thoughts.

I don't know if I already replied to this thread, but yes, I miss cars in The Sims everyday.

The cars driving around the roads in the background sets, they taunt me. :P[/quote]

Yes me too "taunt"ed buy the cars. I miss building garages frankly I miss all the cool stuff I like the stuff packs I like to build so I like to add stuff I don't need that extra stuff probably it slows my game down but when I build a house I want everything I could possibly add to it.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Nah, not really. Now that I think about it, I only used them for appearances. So, if I had them, it was out of convenience.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    When I read ~only for Appearances, my mind goes: like how we all like different hair and clothes for our Sims? Appearances, like when we want them to show their different personalities (in our stories and minds) with their rich sports car or eco friendly cars?
    How the game could be set up to show neighbors driving by in their convertibles or puttering along in their decrepit lemons? Maybe the really eco friendly riding by on their bikes...
    The game is mostly about appearances, imo.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    I don't. I've never been a car guy. I never used them in TS3 at all (though I did like the bicycles), and in TS2, I mostly only used them for the restorable car. Sometimes they were a handy way to indicate how poor or wealthy my Sim was. I probably used the mechanic a LOT more after I replaced vehicles with horse-drawn wagons via a mod (TS2).
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I wish we had a TS2 version of the cars. I hate how they just teleport into cars in TS3. The delight is in the detail. Seeing them walk down the steps of the school bus, check their report card and then run to show their parents is a lot more immersive to me than just materialising onto the lot.
    Struggling to afford a car and finally getting enough simoleons together to buy that old banger.
    Kids missed the school bus in the morning but dad doesn't start work until later? Well in Sims 2 he can then take them to school in the car but if mum took the car to work with her they are out of luck. (or are secretly happy for the day off school) It feels more dynamic, you have options. Plus the fix-em-upper car and the option for woohoo makes it more than just decor and I agree with @Rlong7 the whole point of the game is appearances and role playing a certain scenario or lifestyle and decorating accordingly to support that scenario and cars are part of that.

Electric cars are a thing now, this could be added to the bill system so it costs more if you own petrol based with a smaller bill if you just have to charge an electric vehicle but if you are off grid with solar/wind power it doesn't get added to your bills but you need to generate enough to recharge the car or take a trip to a charging station on a community lot.

The main thing I can see being a problem is the design of the hoods; 1) Being the way that the portals work as they just have the same entry and exit point where as in Sims 2 they appear at one end of the lot road and disappear at the other. 2) That some lots in TS4 aren't directly next to the road in a way that would allow a driveway or any logical way that they would exit the car. Brindleton Bay comes immediately to mind.
    iscQh5U.png
  • CeiCeiHCeiCeiH Posts: 47 Member
    I miss having cars a lot!! I miss being able to "Drive around". It gave a more realism to the game on my opinion.
    ~~ Nothing like being a happy Simmer! We let all hell break loose!! :D ~~
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Not really, I actively play the sims 3 and I could live without them forever to be honest.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Not really, I actively play the sims 3 and I could live without them forever to be honest.

I like that TS3 has lots of options for travel though. How do you prefer to travel in TS3 if you don't like cars? There's bicycles, scooters, motorcycle, horses, roller skates, brooms, vacuum cleaners, jet pack, ninja teleport, LLAMA system, subway system, ZEPHYR, hover board, jogging, running...?

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    I don't miss them, but when they will arrive, I hope they come with a great price range and a sledge hammer. B)
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Yes I miss them. There was this guy who made the most beautiful sports cars. I really enjoyed that.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    It isn't a priority to me but I can see why people would want them for added realism.

I often place the debug cars on my lots in driveways/parking lots, if it feels worthwhile. But given that we just hit a loading screen every time a Sim travels it doesn't just seem worthwhile to me to have functional/purchasable cars.

Even if they added them I doubt I would use them in the way they intend.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Yes I miss them. There was this guy who made the most beautiful sports cars. I really enjoyed that.

Fresh Prince Creations. Magnificent stuff. I used his vehicles all the time.

And to answer the title question: I sure miss cars. And motorbikes. Anything with an engine and wheels (that my sim can tinker at and woohoo in/on).
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    In the UK it's usually the posh people who have garages. The less rich tend to turn them into extra rooms and park their cars on the driveway or road these days! All fronted grass areas get tarmacked or concreted over for parking, which isn't really eco friendly at all. It's a question of space available in a small country! :)

I've built a few garages into my builds though, just in case we get 'em. Most of them have a room over the top, which we do too.
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    I think they would add to game play if something else was added with them, like a drive in cinema or a place to have a car boot sale, there are loads of stuff you can do with a car and a bit of imagination! Adding electric cars would be good for environmentally friendly sims.
    In the sims 3 I use them as my sims get richer and richer their car gets more expensive. They also get a moodlet when the car is new or expensive. I love the sound the jalopy makes as if the exhaust is going to fall off (I wish it would) >:)
    One of my families are all kleptos and one of their given tasks (BY ME) is to steal as many cars from the locals as possible. Nick Alto's Vaguester is no more "NIck's" and Agnes sporty is gone from her drive too! Next in line is the Wolff's and the Landgraab's cars (oh so much fun!) >:)
    But the funniest was stealing Jared Frio's truck by the dad while the daughter was "entertaining" him at the cinema. Good team work.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    I do not miss cars. I also have no car in my real life ... so for me they are not very important.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Yes, I definitely miss cars. They were fun and entertaining even back in TS2 which had a 'closed world' just like TS4 does now. I really do wish they'd been in TS4 as well. But that's just one thing of many I wish they'd done with TS4.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Was it in "The Sims" or Sims 2 that you could gauge your Sims going up the work ladder by the car that collected them to go to work? I'd love that to come back again.

It was that way in The Sims 3 too. I really liked that little added detail. My poor sims being collected in a Sloppy Jaloppy in the beginning :weary:
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~