Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature do you want to return?

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Which build mode feature do you want to return? I know these requests are popular, but looking at the rate we get new content, it‘s quite unrealistic we‘ll get all of the features below.
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Which feature do you want to return? 98 votes

Paint the ceilings
9%
sketchesMissyHissySimsLovinLycanEnkiSchmidtTamakiSakura84bellagorillaGeralt_ofRiviaLonkOfTheZonkKyletok 9 votes
Curved walls/ curved pools, curved fountains
22%
IObelleg01denswanstilljustme2RamblineRoseFroilBabykittyjadeChampandGirlietexxx78professorlilithFreezerBunnyCowplantKriticalKlownjoRN1414MondaySimtarris22AuroraskiesRememberJoypopstarsleyBecka28Plumbeebcoogee78 22 votes
Seperate handrails
7%
SusanaLeoteKatAnubissimmerLellaTomasGrizzlySimAlexandriaNushkaLorenerd11 7 votes
Spiral stairs
39%
redrogue60MLadyAzzeraIsb917AuroraBoreallisMariefoxprice83SerraNolwenluthienrisingKennziKaigesmurf45bluejineratorcharmed4life4bixterscatitude5barbiegoesDoloresGreyOnverserkappowanchacceSimtown15j1z1 39 votes
Change light color/intensity in build mode
2%
adduapinaTyrAVB 2 votes
Pond tool
19%
storyymcorralAncientMuseannaliese39breanna206ChadSims2ScobrecomicsforlifeVivi_WillowTreeMs_MikaOceancatsmurfy77PenguinBudgienetney52finnhCNJ93afternoonbaboonCalico45roxi 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited September 2020
    Spiral stairs
    You had to know that Spiral Stairs was going to get a majority vote besides curved things. I'd have left them out based on that knowledge alone. In all truthfulness besides the spiral stairs I want in this order

1. Paint the ceilings
    2. The Pond Tool
    3. Curved walls etc.
    4. Separate Handrails
    5. Changing the light color and intensity in build mode

I have a few honorable mentions

1. Hail
    2. Holiday Festivals (Haunted House, Bobbing for Apples, Face Painting, Eating Contests)
    3. Changing fireplace & torches flame colors
    4. Hotels
    5. Vacation Houses
    6. Greeting Styles
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    You should have added an ALL option.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Spiral stairs
    Actually all the above.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Paint the ceilings
    Painting the ceilings. It's the only thing that drives me nuts when I'm building, playing and taking screenshots :D
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    TyrAVBTyrAVB Posts: 53 Member
    > @MissyHissy said:
    > Painting the ceilings. It's the only thing that drives me nuts when I'm building, playing and taking screenshots :D

There is cc ceiling tiles, works fine for playing and screenshots, but in building mode they block the view cause they are not transparent from above :(
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Paint the ceilings
    TyrAVB wrote: »

There is cc ceiling tiles, works fine for playing and screenshots, but in building mode they block the view cause they are not transparent from above :(

Oh thank you for that, I didn't know there were some CC ones. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I want them all but prefer the curved walls and pools.
  • Options
    You should have added an ALL option.

Looking at the rate we get new stuff, that‘s quite unrealistic.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    GacktSamaGacktSama Posts: 4 New Member
    Spiral stairs
    I would like to be able to build my own apartments again and I wana have cars and spiral stairs too :'(
  • Options
    KyletokKyletok Posts: 5 New Member
    Paint the ceilings
    all of the above tbh
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm not a builder, so I don't care about any of those, tbh.
  • Options
    Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    I only care about painting the ceiling. I NEED that! Sure in real life most ceilings are white , but for some reason, in the Sims, white ceilings are jarring sometimes when doing darker or more rustic builds.
  • Options
    roxiroxi Posts: 3 New Member
    Pond tool
    while I am thankful for the place ponds in the game, the pond tool made my parks SOOO MUCH BETTER. I've been using pools with oodles of plants and rocks added to them to make them look like ponds and to smooth out the edges when I want something to look cute, but having a sim swim in a pond looks kinda silly, and with all the stuff I have to add to make it look real, my game crunches to a halt and the lot often becomes unplayable...
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Paint the ceilings
    Like several others here — all of the above. :grin:
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    xXQueenBeeXxxXQueenBeeXx Posts: 32 Member
    Spiral stairs
    I definitely want all I just miss spiral stairs the most closely followed by curved walls.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Pond tool
    All of these would be nice but at this point a water tool is the main thing I want to see added for build mode followed by curved walls for pools.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Seperate handrails
    Separate handrails unless my sims could swim in ponds, in which case, pond tool please.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    For me the change lighting options in b/b mode would be the most useful one. Though I really want ponds too..
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Pond tool
    I miss not being able to have ponds in the gardens or in parks like in sims 3. It was great when they froze and your sims could go skating on them. It was the one of the few things I’ve noticed when I started playing sims 4 2 years ago that, zodiac signs, newspapers and landline telephones.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Spiral stairs
    Wow. All. It was especially hard to decide between curved walls and spiral staircases, but I guess I've wanted the stairs longer?
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Also to be able to make a natural pond; the pool rim disrupts the esthetical look of it as of now, and I do not use the move objects on cheat.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Pond tool
    I know pools sort of serve as ponds now (and fountains, too, after that redesign), but I wish I could make real ponds without having to throw down a huge one from the hidden objects. The pool tool feels so stiff to build with and the pool trim is such an eyesore when you are trying to build something like a pond.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    My top votes go to ‘paint the ceilings’ and ‘change light in build mode’. However at this point we should have all of them back.
    Was curved walls ever a thing though, outside of them being objects?
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Curved pools were in TS3. I think Paralives will have curved walls..
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Curved pools were in TS3. I think Paralives will have curved walls..

Yeah if they reintroduce curved pools they might as well bring something innovative such as curved walls with it.

Sims 3 Roaring Heights had windows that resembled curved walls, so it has been considered already.

Paralives has curved walls and they‘re an Indie developer.
    a256aFi.gif