Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Graphic Improvement?

I'm thinking of giving the Sims 3 another try after the disappointment of today's TS4 announcement. I was wondering if there is anyway to improve them graphics at all like a mod or something?

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    edited August 2020
    Are you talking about THESE graphics issues? If you are then the only two things that we have found to help so far is the color banding option in Reshade (which can take some of the detail away at times) or @Emily4331 has some tweaks if you just want to take pretty pictures, but I think she said they are too intense for game play.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17630421/#Comment_17630421
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm not sure what I'm talking about. When I installed it last time everything appeared jagged on the edges. In TS4 there is a setting that solves this called Edge Smoothing but I can't seem to find an option like this in TS3.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    I went to see what the announcement was. EA still doesn't get it. Most simmers don't want to do missions and/or gain points and/or puzzles, etc., etc. We want creativity options. Sigh. Maybe they are trying to pull in regular gamers, but they won't stay. They'll finish the tasks and go back to their other games. And this is from someone who has been addicted to Star Wars forever.
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    I went to see what the announcement was. EA still doesn't get it. Most simmers don't want to do missions and/or gain points and/or puzzles, etc., etc. We want creativity options. Sigh. Maybe they are trying to pull in regular gamers, but they won't stay. They'll finish the tasks and go back to their other games. And this is from someone who has been addicted to Star Wars forever.

Yeah I love the original Star Wars movies but it just doesn't belong in the sims period.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Sharonia Edge smoothing is a setting in The Sims 3. You can see it is the second slider under details to the left:
    86sodYf.jpg
    Oh wow. How the heck did I miss that? Thank you so much.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @Sharonia
    I still get jagged edges around mine and I have my settings high.I don't think I've ever found a way to get rid of it 100%
    118143989_630580234532899_3700503705444323929_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=07e735&_nc_ohc=k5LZis0mGGAAX_Y37qh&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=bfe81a12e29851db62a555ff369cda3a&oe=5F75EB33

I like star wars well enough.But its not a sims thing in my opinion.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Try playing in 1080p if you're not already, that helps with aliasing (or "jagged edges")

You could also try force graphics settings through your GPU drivers

I'm unfamiliar with Nvidia but they'll obviously have similar options, but for me I force enhanced anti-aliasing through RadeonPro, force v-sync, anisotropic optimization, texture filtering set to ultra etc.

You won't get magical results, there's only so much driver side enhancements can do and not all of them work but it definitely improves noticeably more for me.

On top of that you can hunt for HQ CC/Skins.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D