Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freelancer Career broken with today's patch

Freelancer career stopped working today. I use it to make money for my college students and single parents.

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    The entire career?
  • Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    I just tried the art and writing. Shows job is completed but doesn't clear, even after time has expired on the gig. Bummer. Love the freelance career.
    You are right, I am seeing posts on Answer HQ about it. I expect Crinrict will open up the thread about it, it is closed currently.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Oh come on!!!! The guy I’m playing now is a Freelancer. I’m losing hope here
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Oh come on!!!! The guy I’m playing now is a Freelancer. I’m losing hope here

One of my rotational families is two roommate freelancers. Guess I won’t be checking in on them 😞
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I have a freelance photographer :(
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Great.... My sim is a freelance writer.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited September 2020
    This seems to be the new post about it. It is currently asking for input so please share what is happening and click "me too" so that Maxis will know.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-finish-Gigs-for-Freelancer-Career/m-p/9468587#M154364

I have not updated the game myself (and I will probably not do it for a while...), but I seem to recall that modders were able to make a fix for this bug when we got it last time, if this is the same bug that has returned.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Aww that's a shame. I enjoy the freelance career!

Might just have to stick with painting in the mean time without the freelance.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 431 Member
    Yep, same issue here. All the tasks are complete and checked off in the career menu, but the gig never pays out and remains active even after its deadline has passed.
  • PlatinumblondePlatinumblonde Posts: 28 Member
    > @logion said:
    > This seems to be the new post about it. It is currently asking for input so please share what is happening and click "me too" so that Maxis will know.
    >
    > https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-finish-Gigs-for-Freelancer-Career/m-p/9468587#M154364
    >
    > I have not updated the game myself (and I will probably not do it for a while...), but I seem to recall that modders were able to make a fix for this bug when we got it last time, if this is the same bug that has returned.

I've got the same issue and clicked "me too" in the bug reports.
    Hopefully we don't have to wait until the next patch but get a quick fix for this or a modder can fix it.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Shame. I like freelancing but have avoided doing so for ages as it breaks more times than my ex and her marriage vows!
  • Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    Thanks for checking that out. I'll go and add my "me too."
  • GarpuGarpu Posts: 2 New Member
    Looks like they don't need saves anymore? I bumped into this, too, and was wondering if it was something I was doing wrong, since I just got Sims 4. Now that I see it's a bug...which mimics real life when the clickbait company tries to trick you into doing work for no pay. ;)
  • GarpuGarpu Posts: 2 New Member
    Ah well. looks like poor Reese is going to have to take a part time job as a barista. This is hitting quite close to home, here. ;)
    edited September 2020
    Yep it’s definitely broken. Fulfilling your goals and they never go away and you don’t get paid. This sucks
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    So sorry everyone is having issues.....again. I decided to stay away from any updates and patches for a bit. Too few fixes in the latest one to convince me to take a chance. I just got my game humming along quite nicely after EL and NK, so I'll just play off line and avoid Origin like the plague. Kinda makes me wonder what was in that patch if it's breaking the freelance career as well as causing the crashes others are dealing with. We can't seem to catch a break from the new glitches that happen with these updates, huh? Not to mention all the mods that get borked and need to be updated. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case when I saw how small that update was. Guess there was a lot more in it than what was stated in the patch notes. :/
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Yeah my photographer is jobless for now. :(
    edited September 2020
    Yep it’s definitely broken. Fulfilling your goals and they never go away and you don’t get paid. This sucks

Just use the UICheats Extension to fulfill those, Chazzy. The gig will get completed and your Sim will get paid. At least that worked for me a couple patches ago when certain gigs would glitch out and my Sim wasn't able to complete theirs. Just click on the requirement and the Cheats Extension will do it for you. Good luck!
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

Just use the UICheats Extension to fulfill those, Chazzy. The gig will get completed and your Sim will get paid. At least that worked for me a couple patches ago when certain gigs would glitch out and my Sim wasn't able to complete theirs. Just click on the requirement and the Cheats Extension will do it for you. Good luck!

I’ll try it
  • :( I am SO glad I've haven't updated yet.
    @Paigeisin5
    @Chazzzy

Unfortunately the UI Cheats Extension mod doesn't work for this bug.
    @Paigeisin5
    @Chazzzy

Unfortunately the UI Cheats Extension mod doesn't work for this bug.

Are you using the newest version of the mod? I have no problem completing/skipping gig requirements that came with EL. But I skipped this latest update in favor of just playing my game without the hassle of pulling then updating all my mods. The only oddity I noticed was I sometimes I had to click on the requirement more than once for it to register as being completed.
    Yeah, version 1.19.
    it's not the completing that's the problem with this current bug, it's when everything is completed that nothing happens.
    Normally you get a message about the job and your payment and that doesn't happen.
    Yeah, version 1.19.
    it's not the completing that's the problem with this current bug, it's when everything is completed that nothing happens.
    Normally you get a message about the job and your payment and that doesn't happen.

Ohhh, that would make me sooo angry. I use the freelance careers a lot for my Sims, especially the ones just starting out. And this has been an ongoing problem with everything related to having gigs since GF. SMH Why won't the teams fix it so it stays fixed? Have you let weerbesu know the Cheats Extension has stopped working on getting gigs completed?