Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbellas review

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    Yeah I will agree that this is a good idea so you can dress them in what you want. It doesn't look nice and this is where it would have been better to have the actual skintone be this color and the facial features be in the face category we got with Vampires and IL. But yeah this is better than the whole body costume thing.

I think, though, that Sims can only wear these costumes in the normal Sim worlds and not on Batuu, which is weird.

English Simmer couldn't get them to work on Batuu.

What? How does that make sense? :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yeah I will agree that this is a good idea so you can dress them in what you want. It doesn't look nice and this is where it would have been better to have the actual skintone be this color and the facial features be in the face category we got with Vampires and IL. But yeah this is better than the whole body costume thing.

I think, though, that Sims can only wear these costumes in the normal Sim worlds and not on Batuu, which is weird.

What? How does that make sense? :lol:

From what I’ve seen there’s a limited closet of clothes to choose from upon entering the vacation world, and none of the alien clothing is on it. I don’t know how it makes sense either, I feel like you should be able to wear whatever you want. If I bought this pack and wanted to wear a clown suit to Batuu I should be able to?! After all it is my sims Star Wars story, maybe my Jedi is party clown.
    Justin wrote: »
    I knew it wasn’t going to be as good when they barley showed anything on the trailer or gameplay. Heck you don’t even have an actual journey getting there. Just a loading screen lol. For a Star Wars pack & many of the Star Wars fan in the EA team I would expect better . Easy pass for me. But I hope everyone else who is looking forward to it enjoy it :)

Also yeeeeesss this is the exact reason the whole phone and teleport thing doesn't make sense and this pack proves it. We need some kind of transportation or journey. It feels so wrong to pick up your phone inside your house in Willow Creek and suddenly you are in Batuu, wth?
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »
    Is the 'alien' only a sim with a costume? really?
    Komura wrote: »
    The aliens are only costumes?! The world is disappointing? Who could have ever imagined this?!

Me. I did. Totally me.

It gets worse...it's not even a costume

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but...even this base game Star Wars "hat" changes your Sim's whole skin. Further, the hue changes with different skin tones. To be fair, the Darth Maul "hat" doesn't, but this one does so I'm not sure why it wasn't done with the "hats" in JtB... Still, just thought it was worth sayin'!

3547riK

And o' course for the sake of stayin' on topic, I appreciated the criticisms in Plumbella's review, even if it may have sounded harsh in some places. Honestly I appreciate all the review videos I've watched, which ranged a fair bit between positive and negative. None of them have been able to change my mind on this pack thus far, but I appreciate some of them giving it a fair shake despite the current...atmosphere...
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    The aliens are only costumes?! The world is disappointing? Who could have ever imagined this?!

Me. I did. Totally me.

I can't help but laugh at that.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member

I believe there are costumes that have to be unlocked with each faction. But there's a CAS cheat included like they did for knitting, so we can unlock them all if we want.
    #Team Occult
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    SAEldarin wrote: »

Me. I did. Totally me.

Was it done this way so you could choose whatever outfit you want that sim to wear? I mean, if they had made it a full costume, we'd be stuck without the ability to add or change clothes.

WIth it looking like this an "alien: couldn't even wear a belly shirt for example :D
    edited September 2020

Me. I did. Totally me.

Was it done this way so you could choose whatever outfit you want that sim to wear? I mean, if they had made it a full costume, we'd be stuck without the ability to add or change clothes.

WIth it looking like this an "alien: couldn't even wear a belly shirt for example :D

True. Probably not a swimsuit either
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited September 2020
    The way I understand it... they limited the amount of clothes that you can wear on Batuu, because whenever a GC have entered CAS on Batuu, there is just one clothing category (with 5 slots) and the clothing is limited. I was wondering what could happen if I would place down a pool in the cantina, and my guess is that they will just jump into it with the clothing that they are wearing and not change into swimsuits.

What I don't understand is why the Star Wars alien masks and skin details are not available in CAS when you are on Batuu though. Why did they remove those? Shouldn't they work pretty well with the clothing that is available when you are on Batuu?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    Alien or not. Give that poor female some clothes. Can’t be fun standing in her knickers all day while people just laugh at her.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Alien or not. Give that poor female some clothes. Can’t be fun standing in her knickers all day while people just laugh at her.

Thanks for making me spit coffee all over my desk.
    logion wrote: »
    The way I understand it... they limited the amount of clothes that you can wear on Batuu, because whenever a GC have entered CAS on Batuu, there is just one clothing category (with 5 slots) and the clothing is limited. I was wondering what could happen if I would place down a pool in the cantina, and my guess is that they will just jump into it with the clothing that they are wearing and not change into swimsuits.

What I don't understand is why the Star Wars alien masks and skin details are not available in CAS when you are on Batuu though. Why did they remove those? Shouldn't they work pretty well with the clothing that is available when you are on Batuu?

@logion In fact you can't even build in the Cantina or anywhere in Batuu.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I believe there are costumes that have to be unlocked with each faction. But there's a CAS cheat included like they did for knitting, so we can unlock them all if we want.

These alien skins (hats) are different from the ranked and locked costumes.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited September 2020
    logion wrote: »

@logion In fact you can't even build in the Cantina or anywhere in Batuu.

You can with the bb.enablefreebuild cheat. James turned did that in one of his videos. It probably works the same as Magic HQ, you can't change the lot type but you can change the cantina, the first order headquarters or the resistance hideout into whatever you want.

However, they do seem to be pretty simple looking buildings with a huge textured object that is covering everything so I am not sure how well it will look if you remove that object.

These alien skins (hats) are different from the ranked and locked costumes.

Oh, I see. Hmm. Then that is weird, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member

Me. I did. Totally me.

True. Probably not a swimsuit either

I admit, picturing that alien in a bathing suit or a uh, belly shirt was the last thing on my mind -- more like winter coat or all those layered outifts that are being added with the same pack (for a reason).
  • she posted a gameplay hands-on video. There isn't much to do.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    The forums: Game Changers don't speak for us!

Also the forums: This Game Changer's review validates my opinion as the singular, objective truth!

You're literally further reinforcing our point. The fact that EVEN Gamechangers, who usually do as much as they can to find justification for the price and have a slightly leaned perspective due to not actually paying anything for the pack AND make money off of it when creating videos on the content, hate on it...That says A LOT.

Plumbella doesn't just mindlessly hate on it AND this is neither the first time she's honest about how she feels about a pack nor is she the only GC to do so. People who say that just don't seem to be watching any of their content / reviews unless a forum thread specifically points them to it and they immediately happen to agree with it.

Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me but I already know gamechangers come in different types and personalities and I agree (?)

Disagreeing to the "EVEN Gamechangers ... hate on it...That says A LOT" part. No, Plumbella doesn't usually do whatever she can to justify the price and there are others who don't either. I find that a misrepresentation of reality, as explained in my previous post.

I am not talking about Plumbella specifically though, she is the point of the thread but I was replying to someone who is talking about Gamechangers as a whole. Many have become more negative towards the direction of this game after the announcement of this pack and that's an objective fact.

Also, I never watched a Plumbella video before this, only followed her on Twitter so I obviously can't judge the change in attitude (if there was any change to begin with).

Yes that is my point. It is not an objective fact. Many have become increasingly more critical long before this pack, not just after. And like I said in my first response, those of us who have been watching their content more regularly, also before, are aware of this. So in a sense you're really just confirming what I started off saying, that people "who say that [it's recent or unique for this pack] just don't seem to be watching any of their content / reviews unless a forum thread specifically points them to it". ;)

It's not that serious, even MORE became MORE critical. Many used to be critical, e.g: (according to you) Plumbella.

After the pack announcement, more people joined in doubling down on how The Sims team are not listening, e.g: Pixelade.

I'm not talking about her, I repeatedly said gamechangers in general.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    I've lost some respect for Plumbella over the past year or so. I actually did like her footage, even if I do disagree with her narrative. I think it's a little bit hypocritical of her to not like the pack and claim "capitalism" as a major reason, yet she would be absolutely fine with a Harry Potter pack. Where is this line for what brand is ok and what isn't? For the most part I do like her videos and I do agree with some statements she's made in the past but I do take her opinions with a grain of salt. She can dislike it for other reasons, (not being into Star Wars, not liking the CAS etc.) but capitalism because it's a franchise, with all that HP memorabilia in the background, is just making her look like a hypocrite.

Different circumstances. Disney is waaaaaaay too widespread and the pack truly seems like it's trying to replicate the theme park experience in terms of layout and structure rather than actually give us a true Star Wars experience.

Pluuuuuus, a Harry Potter pack would be more true to The Sims experience, with lots of elements of Supernatural & School.

Personal bias.

"More true to the Sims experience"? Only according to your own personal preferences. It doesn't stand.

It's not a different circumstance at all. Whether it's Harry Potter, Star Wars, DC Comics, Twilight, or anything else. A brand is a brand. Capitalism is capitalism. And Plumbella's review, according to much of her own reasoning, is hypocritical. That's not attacking her. It's pointing out the error in her argument. Agreeing with her just because she's Plumbella, and is known for constructive criticism on Sims 4, doesn't make it any less hypocritical.

Now, if she'd just said she didn't like Star Wars and thought it was a bad idea because it only appeals to special interests, fine. But she claimed capitalism.

Nope, not personal bias. I can't remember a space pack off the top of my head but I do remember ton of university and school packs & even more magic related packs.

I made sure to be objective when I said 'true to The Sims experience'.

You are still basing "the Sims experience" on your own preferences, which seem to be to stick to the same staples that have come before, so that's not objective. You're trying to define what the Sims "should" be. Except that every Sims game has added new things, new ideas so there really is no way to define what "belongs" anymore. Of course Sims 4 is also going to add new ideas. Why wouldn't it? You don't have to like it, but again, that's still personal preference. Not everyone liked all of Sims 3's themes either. Every pack is not a "one size fits all".

Each iteration of The Sims has added these packs so, yes it is a staple of The Sims experience.

That's like saying Seasons & Pets are not part of The Sims experience now.

I'm literally stating facts. If you don't like these packs that's obviously fine but to disregard them as a big part of The Sims is just ignorance.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    I've lost some respect for Plumbella over the past year or so. I actually did like her footage, even if I do disagree with her narrative. I think it's a little bit hypocritical of her to not like the pack and claim "capitalism" as a major reason, yet she would be absolutely fine with a Harry Potter pack. Where is this line for what brand is ok and what isn't? For the most part I do like her videos and I do agree with some statements she's made in the past but I do take her opinions with a grain of salt. She can dislike it for other reasons, (not being into Star Wars, not liking the CAS etc.) but capitalism because it's a franchise, with all that HP memorabilia in the background, is just making her look like a hypocrite.

Different circumstances. Disney is waaaaaaay too widespread and the pack truly seems like it's trying to replicate the theme park experience in terms of layout and structure rather than actually give us a true Star Wars experience.

Pluuuuuus, a Harry Potter pack would be more true to The Sims experience, with lots of elements of Supernatural & School.

Personal bias.

"More true to the Sims experience"? Only according to your own personal preferences. It doesn't stand.

It's not a different circumstance at all. Whether it's Harry Potter, Star Wars, DC Comics, Twilight, or anything else. A brand is a brand. Capitalism is capitalism. And Plumbella's review, according to much of her own reasoning, is hypocritical. That's not attacking her. It's pointing out the error in her argument. Agreeing with her just because she's Plumbella, and is known for constructive criticism on Sims 4, doesn't make it any less hypocritical.

Now, if she'd just said she didn't like Star Wars and thought it was a bad idea because it only appeals to special interests, fine. But she claimed capitalism.

Nope, not personal bias. I can't remember a space pack off the top of my head but I do remember ton of university and school packs & even more magic related packs.

You are still basing "the Sims experience" on your own preferences, which seem to be to stick to the same staples that have come before, so that's not objective. You're trying to define what the Sims "should" be. Except that every Sims game has added new things, new ideas so there really is no way to define what "belongs" anymore. Of course Sims 4 is also going to add new ideas. Why wouldn't it? You don't have to like it, but again, that's still personal preference. Not everyone liked all of Sims 3's themes either. Every pack is not a "one size fits all".

Each iteration of The Sims has added these packs so, yes it is a staple of The Sims experience.

I'm literally stating facts. If you don't like these packs that's obviously fine but to disregard them as a big part of The Sims is just ignorance.

I wasn't disregarding anything. You claimed that Harry Potter would be "truer" to the Sims experience, but the Sims experience is always changing and adding with each iteration. And by your own argument, Harry Potter isn't any truer than Star Wars. We've had sci-fi since Sims 1.
    #Team Occult

Personal bias.

I really cannot remember when the Sims had a gameplay pack focused on a specific brand like this before.
  • Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    I can't tell you how disappointed I am that all the aliens are just sims in costumes. I honestly would've bought the pack just for the alien customization
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited September 2020

Personal bias.

I really cannot remember when the Sims had a gameplay pack focused on a specific brand like this before.

Katy perry sweet treats and loads of people complained about that one too. was a stuff pack though
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
    ladybreid wrote: »

Personal bias.

Katy perry sweet treats and loads of people complained about that one too. was a stuff pack though

@ladybreid Yeah that was a stuff pack. It was not like we were playing through Katy Perry's career
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Personal bias.

I wasn't disregarding anything. You claimed that Harry Potter would be "truer" to the Sims experience, but the Sims experience is always changing and adding with each iteration. And by your own argument, Harry Potter isn't any truer than Star Wars. We've had sci-fi since Sims 1.

Yes indeed. Aliens have been part of The Sims experience since Livin' Large.