Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack 10 is getting announced in a few weeks

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    If romance is updated, please online dating. They can take the GT clubs system and chance the clubs do’s and don’t’s as likes and dislikes for the online dating requirements. I want online dating for sims
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I appreciate the honesty. I'm looking forward to a new pack. Maybe it's the romance pack that we had been speculating about.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited September 2020
    If romance is updated, please online dating. They can take the GT clubs system and chance the clubs do’s and don’t’s as likes and dislikes for the online dating requirements. I want online dating for sims

How about...
    bdd.jpg
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Glad it's not farming ngl. Don't have a clue what this pack is gonna be, just hoping it's not something too "experimental". My expectations aren't very high as the only packs I want would be game packs.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited September 2020
    This totally is going to be that Winter vacation/romance pack that was on surveys at the beginning of the year. I have no doubt they had the theme and some things already worked on but were judging our interest on what we'd like to see.

That or it's another Star Wars pack, this time with several vacation worlds, that almost no one asked for.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    I hope this next pack will cater to the family/ legacy players, even if babes are not included. Although I rarely play with families, I feel that children deserve some serious love.
    In the sims 3 I sometimes created a geeky kid ‘club‘ like the Goonies and got them to cycle everywhere together, have adventures in tree huts, explore the woods or hang around the old train tracks.

Poor kids in TS4 don’t even know how to cycle a bike.
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don’t know what to think. For me a winter world would be a game pack I don’t want a full expansion on it unless it comes with hotel management or something else. I’d rather have generations with loads of value added content to enhance gameplay we have already
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Predictions: I am probably wrong but I like doing this.

EP: Winter/Mountain. Major features include:

- A new livable world with a cold mountainous climate (as a counterpoint to Sulani). It’s snowy all year round. A lot of the winter activities from Seasons are available in the world and it makes people mad, lol.
    - A hotel/resort system that is usable in any world.
    - Skiing, Snowboarding, and snowmobiles. Snowmobiles can work in any snowy climate with seasons, but the skiing is exclusive to the slopes at the new world.
    - Ice carving. Why not.
    - Ice fishing.
    - Maybe an “ice” floor tile/texture that, like sand and Sulani, unlocks gameplay wherever you put it. In this case the already existing ice skating, aforementioned ice fishing, and maybe hockey. Alternatively: ponds can now freeze over with seasons.

Basegame update:

Improvements to the relationship systems. More complex and uneven relationships possible. New relationship types like exes, friends with benefits, etc. Lots of romance additions. Maybe an attraction system?

Stuff pack: Romance stuff.

Goes along with the update. Adds more wedding clothes and decor, date night decor, a new radio station with slow dances, and maybe a “wedding planner” or “matchmaker” career.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Is there a comprehensive list of what is missing from the sims 4 compared to Sims 3? I never played sims 2, but thus far it feels like they've always tried to add everything from the previous game in some capacity. Not sure if we can expect that from Sims 4, but it might be interesting for speculation purposes.

I know some packs won't translate directly because they've been broken down into game packs. Hopefully others can better extrapolate missing stuff and add to the list:

-Hotels
    -Cars
    -Bands
    -Horses
    -Better Romance options
    -Better Babies
    -Generations EP (More family interactions and stuff for teens/kids/elders)
    -To The Future EP
    -Retro items

Occults:
    -Werewolves
    -Fairies
    -Imaginary Friends
    -Genies
    -Plumbots

From this, we know we aren't getting Cars, Babies or anything akin to generations yet (so could probably also scratch off Imaginary Friends). Most occults now are coming in Game Packs, so we could probably scratch those off as well.

Hotels I could see coming, but maybe bands as well?
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    a medieval themed pack would cover Horses, Elves and Fairies, meanwhile better babies and cars aren't DLC material those seem more like free updates, but if they were going to do a car themed pack they better add motorcycles to that pack.
  • chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    SimGuruNinja's flirty plumbob tweet makes me think that we may be getting a romance expansion pack.

I don't know if any of you remember but in 2015 we had an expansion pack survey which included many different types of packs we could get in the future. Link to SimsVIP's article on the survey: https://simsvip.com/2015/08/08/the-sims-4-new-expansion-pack-survey-released/

In the survey, there were ideas for a "Metropolis" expansion pack which features a city world with cultural festivals. This later became known as City Living, which we got a year later. The survey also had the "Get Famous" and "University" expansion pack ideas, which we got a few years after. So I think this survey is pretty reliable.

If we take a look at the survey, there is an expansion pack idea called "Find Love": a romance pack which features a SimMatch dating app, romantic getaway locations, romantic reputation system and the ability to create the ultimate wedding. Perhaps we could expect these features in a future romance expansion pack?
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I'm just glad it isn't a farming pack.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I hoped for a farming EP. I’m not so interested in a Romance EP, unless there’s an attraction system. I’d rather have Generations.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    For transparency, instead of listing off the things that the next pack will not have, they could have taken that opportunity to tell us what the pack will have. Idk why they didn’t just do that.
  • JoybearrJoybearr Posts: 117 Member
    A romance pack sounds cool but an entire expansion pack?? I don't know about that...

It seems that the features that might come in a Sims 4 Romance pack are things that were just small details in Sims 3. Whereas here, it'll be a $40+ EP...
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    However. If the studio is indeed working on cars and babies, people will have to be extremely prepared for disappointment once they make it into the game. Not because they won’t be good, but an update like that will break your game, guaranteed.

From what I understand there are a lot of legacy players out there. Some have no doubt many babies in their households. And there’s the very popular 100 baby challenge of course.

You do need to realize that all those babies need to be replaced by something that is not an object. Those babies may lose their genetic code and their relationship with the rest of the family. Your family trees may get wiped out completely.
    Is getting a better baby worth losing all that you’ve built up over the years?

I believe this the very thing they’re struggling with in the studio. How to replace something without breaking every single save?

Some folks have one single save in their game and it’s 6 years old. At this time, is it worth losing that over a slightly better baby? Are you prepared to start all over again?
    If they are working on babies, this is why it takes so long. Every test their doing right now is probably corrupting the previous save and they’re still trying to figure out how to break as little as possible.

Just keep it in mind folks.
    I don't believe saves would be completely wiped out if they updated babies but lets say they were I could care less not like my Sims have memories of anything so oh well.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Oooh I wonder if the new EP will have cars! Maybe they’ll add bunk beds. I’ve been curious about a baby update as well. Read a few threads about farming, that could be a cool theme to have.

So many options and ideas! I can’t wait for the next EP!

All of that stuff was ruled out by SimGuruLydsney as being in EP 10.

Cat, please don't take this the wrong way, but it always amuses me that you have zero sense of sarcasm. :D
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I really don’t have a clue this time around, but we’ll see. I haven’t bought a pack since University, so let’s see of this one will tickle my fancy.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    Glad it's not farming ngl. Don't have a clue what this pack is gonna be, just hoping it's not something too "experimental". My expectations aren't very high as the only packs I want would be game packs.

I also have no clue. Primarily because of this:

"I think it's going to be a very interesting upcoming year full of unexpected turns and twists, and it's going to be a lot of fun." Duke said: "We're finally at that place where I'm not convinced they can guess our next couple of packs anymore."

I don't think we've had the last twist yet. Also Lyndsay's letter (it sounded like she was preparing us for another unexpected theme) makes me think that it will be something out there again.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    However. If the studio is indeed working on cars and babies, people will have to be extremely prepared for disappointment once they make it into the game. Not because they won’t be good, but an update like that will break your game, guaranteed.

From what I understand there are a lot of legacy players out there. Some have no doubt many babies in their households. And there’s the very popular 100 baby challenge of course.

You do need to realize that all those babies need to be replaced by something that is not an object. Those babies may lose their genetic code and their relationship with the rest of the family. Your family trees may get wiped out completely.

I believe this the very thing they’re struggling with in the studio. How to replace something without breaking every single save?

Some folks have one single save in their game and it’s 6 years old. At this time, is it worth losing that over a slightly better baby? Are you prepared to start all over again?
    If they are working on babies, this is why it takes so long. Every test their doing right now is probably corrupting the previous save and they’re still trying to figure out how to break as little as possible.

I don't believe saves would be completely wiped out if they updated babies but lets say they were I could care less not like my Sims have memories of anything so oh well.

That’s fine if you don’t care. There are others that do. ;)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    Did she say they had been working on the next EP since last year? What type of EP could possibly take a year if it doesn't include cars (which would require a road system in the game, so doubt they are ever in a patch), and or farming (which would require more animations), and or baby improvements which would call for more animations, interactions and routing. ETA: And an actual Sim that would be very complicated since they are objects. It's the crib they need to take away since the baby isn't a Sim.

Just what type, let's see, EL, IL, etc. which most considered too small to actually be called EPs.

Another EP that doesn't even include some of the most requested content for the past six years.
    How can an attraction system (if that's a hint by a flirty plumbbob) take a year to code in likes and dislikes?

I'm sorry but seeing what type of 'eps' they have released in the past few years and their themes and size of them, I can't even get excited about this announcement.

And the two major things they really want people to enjoy EL and SWJTB, patches broke games and crashed them. Needing emergency patches right away. As is evident on the threads concerning these pre- patches for those two packs.

Skintones are fine to add but they aren't gameplay and looking at the last few years of what has been done and what themes and knowing not much anyone has requested has been added in any EP in TS4, I can't even speculate if I would like it or not.

When we all look at EPs, what EP in TS4 would anyone say omg, you have to buy this one, you just can't do without this one? Any of them? Is there really any EP in TS4 we would all scramble to save if it was like it used to be and on a cd, and protect that with our lives so it didn't get broken. You know there are a few in TS2 and TS3 people did just that, if all their cds got broken they would have ran to save one particular EP, to my knowledge none of us feel that way about any EP in TS4, not any. There are none we would say omg! buy that one, it's so much gameplay and fun! It's more like meh.

It's more like things went down hill with EPs in TS4, not more expectations and or better themes. I know some really enjoy GT and wouldn't want to play the game without the club system, but c'mon, EPs are mostly a waste since they are some of the most bug filled packs for TS4. Such as C&D where the vet career remains a problem...or where CL still generates some festivals over top of a previous festivals, but not as often as when released, and or where patients in the hospitals still have problems with unfinishished filled tasks and or routing or whatever, and or who can forget, that fame pack was supposed to be an actual EP.....c'mon now, can we really flip out about any announcement about another EP? Wasn't ROM an EP, too? Lol What about JA, wasn't that an EP? Stick with GPs, Maxis, because the EPs are pretty much nothing. Forgot your last EP is broken with NAPs. Unless they patched it, throw more money at another broken EP.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

I don't believe saves would be completely wiped out if they updated babies but lets say they were I could care less not lik e my Sims have memories of anything so oh well.

That’s fine if you don’t care. There are others that do. ;)

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 they could just say that the babies are adopted whos genetics changed by the update and have another air for there family
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Food for thought. It's been a year since the release of ROM and supernatural players haven't had any luck since. I'm guessing a supernatural pack.