Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you want to see in a Future Free Update?

Comments

• gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    The ability to save Styled Outfits and have generated townies wear them. Please, OMG, please! Begging here! I feel like I spend more time setting up to play a game than actually playing because of needing to style all the awfully dressed townies.
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Likes and dislikes
    Turn ons and turn offs
    Attraction system
    Interests(?)

I need this. This would definitely enrich my gameplay.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • blockhart93blockhart93 Posts: 56 Member
    edited September 2020
    I would like to see some actual fun things to do on vacations. Granite falls is super boring, I regret buying the pack. The other vacation place is a little better. I like that you can actually explore and gain culture experiences, but there can still be some other things to do while your there too. Also, Can we get more places to send sims on vacation? Maybe a theme park destination

Also I agree with alot of suggestions at the top, purchasing published books, definitely more instruments (btw thanks for adding new musical genres EA 😊)and the ability to form a band. If we can make a group, we should be able to form a musical band. Sims inheriting the singing trait if their parents and grandparents were great singers, different singing voices; It bugs me that all singing sims sound exactly And can you add in new songs our sims can write and license, please 🙏🏽
    the same & definitely changing the loading screens!

Also can we please get the buttons back for life states in certain games. Idnt want vampires and aliens in every game.

More options to customize sim's phone! New ringtones, wallpaper, skins, cases, that'd be kind of cool!
    Post edited by blockhart93 on
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    If it's a free update we're talking about I'd say:

BB: placing stair railings manually and painting ceilings. Curved walls, pools and ponds.

CAS: pet's colorwheel and skin drawing implemented for sims. It would both remove help with racial misrepresentation and help flesh out things like scars, beauty marks, birthmarks, freckles, etc.

Gameplay: fix the bills! They're too cheap. Fix bugs. Fix social interactions, I don't get why having a deep conversation hardly fills social need while playing chess does the trick. More social interactions exclusive between family members. Something to kick ex-lovers of a sim out the romantic relationship tab. Babies, we shouldn't have to pay extra for them.
    Happy simming!
  • Silver_Rayn123Silver_Rayn123 Posts: 7 New Member
    Things I want for the sims, preferably in the actual game but i'd settle for CC/Mods too!

Custom Hair colors.
    Okay so, you know the Paint mode for pets? Yea I want that for Human skin.
    To be able to make rooms at different heights while being able to be touching.
    More range on Column heights. In a similar vein as above, it's weird that we can only raise or lower them to a certain height tbh and would help a lot of builders if we could adjust them better.
    Apartments. Look, Apartments are super cool, and we all love them, but it sucks that the only ones we have only have one floor available. It would be SUPER cool if we could make our own custom apartment buildings or complexes!
    This is more of a nitpick but, we can only go so far up and down in Levels? It would be cool if we could go higher or lower. Now, I read that the reason modders can’t do this is because the number of levels is fixed in the files and not editable, so either making it so we can or allowing us to go bigger would be awesome!!!
    Height Sliders.
    Stairs intersecting. Yeah, so like, it's kinda annoying we can't compact our stairs and make them fold under each other.
    Curved walls/fences/Pools, ect!!! Like, this isnt minecraft, things are round!
    Disabilities.
    A better System for cheats I guess? Look, having the cheat bar is nice but all those commands are kinda confusing and doesn't always let you know if it was implemented or nah. Just, make it a pop up window with buttons or something? Like, a toggle tab!
    Animal Shelter/Pet Shop!!! I'd love to be able to have this in my game!!! Ofc, you’d need the pet packs to do it but they can be expanded on those or something.
    In the same vein, More pet types! I knew we have a few rodents in First Pet, but they just stay in their cages, how boring! Having Birds, Rodents, or Fish be more like how Cats and Dogs work would be cool!
    More Clutter! We have a bunch but… I love it so ;^;
    Also while we’re at it, I wish the Go-To-Work buildings were actually in game?
    Cemetery! Simply put, an area so households don't get clogged with gravestones. Make it an option when someone dies, there’s a pop up like for ghosts. “This sims has died. Would you like to Bury them in the cemetary or on your Lot” or something like that
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    A new desert world with at least one 64x64 lot since we don't have one in Oasis Springs or StrangerVille.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Vehicles
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2020
  • opeaiiopeaii Posts: 32 Member
    I personally want pronouns for sims!

E.G a 'female' sim goes by they/them.
    watch taskmaster
    golf_horne_dance.gif
    i'm a console sims 4 player who only has base game bc stuff is expensive - trying to get all the achievements!
    she / they
  • HwontonHwonton Posts: 3 New Member
    Rent out rooms - It would be great if you could rent out a room in your house to a Sim for extra income. Instead of a Sim joining the household and sharing the household $, they could pay a monthly rent for the room and keep their $ separate.
    It would be fun to choose Sim housemates the same way employees or services are hired (select an available random Sim from the list) you could kick them out and find a new Sim if they were slobs, they could move out if they didn't like the house and you could improve the room to increase the rent over time.
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    It would be amazing if a package of shapes was added to The Sims 4. There are so many creative builders in the game and honestly, it's more difficult to make something unique than it is in other games. I enjoy playing Planet Coaster as a builder because of the assortment of shapes they included with the base game. Those cubes, planes, spheres, ect. allow a builder to create anything they want. Right now, Sims builders are using whatever they can find to build entertainment stands, fireplaces, ect. It's not an easy task with items jumping, bouncing and refusing to stay facing the direction we want. And then when you get it together, some of the pieces don't stay together when the walls come down. It would be an easy addition. Lots of shapes with a decent selection of solid colors and some textures like wood grain. Many games are adding this for builders. Why not The Sims?
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Recent patches gave free placement of doors and windows so how about gates? Also, Eco Lifestyle gave 4-, 5- and 6-tile wide sliding doors but what about 3-tile sliding doors?

I would also like to see more matching doors and windows options.
    2quwd7.gif

• ChicherinoChicherino Posts: 118 Member
    Ability to set ownerships for more objects. We can already assign beds and PCs to specific Sims, so why not do the same with other objects, such as toys, dining chairs and bathroom objects? :)
  • LeCastelLeCastel Posts: 21 Member
    I want the ability to choose between the AM/PM and 24 hour clock systems.

This is probably useless to the majority of players, but Sims 3 allowed for it... and I need it in 4 too. It shouldn't be tied to my games language.
  • KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    There was a mod in TS3 that when using the sculpting skill you could make wood and rock sculptures of your sim or other sims.. this for some reason always fascinated me and was fun for me as I was building a room capturing sims that lasted threw generation even after there passing.. I miss that .. I feel like the handy skill is lacking compared to the sculpting skill and the martial arts skill we had in ts3.. another thing is I wish they had a way of time travel or a potion of some sort to take your sik back to young adult like the young again potion in ts3.. more improvements on ghosts would also be pretty cool
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I'd like to be able to put staircases at 45-degree angles.

Also, make Sims more aware of their relationships, who each person is to them and more relevant interactions. For example, a parent and teen daughter would have more relevant interactions than rather a teen and an unrelated adult.

If a Sim's offspring has become a young adult and moved out of home and their parent is asking to come round, it should be:

"Mum is wondering if she can come over."
    NOT
    "Margaret is wondering if she can come over."
    2quwd7.gif

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Free babies
    Non mutual relationships
    All the toggles. Everything that can be turned into a toggle.. Let me toggle it.
  • opeaiiopeaii Posts: 32 Member
    Teens having puberty? I know there are mods for that but as someone who can't install mods due to console, I would really want to see how things would play out. Of course, some people would disagree so disable/enable the feature in settings. And/or midlife existential crisis. I know in the sims 3 they had it in I want to assume Generations? Again, toggle the feature in settings.
    watch taskmaster
    golf_horne_dance.gif
    i'm a console sims 4 player who only has base game bc stuff is expensive - trying to get all the achievements!
    she / they
  • madronatreemadronatree Posts: 6 New Member
    Trash Compactors.
  • TAQrinzANTAQrinzAN Posts: 2 New Member
    CAS

"Name Type Setting" for each sim
    - Type-W: Personal name comes first, family name comes next
    - Type-E: Family name comes first, personal name comes next

Some face presets that look like Asian
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    what the sims4 needs the most right now is retro style and modern furniture more choices in term of appliances and washers and dryers retro and modern tolop load washers frontload washers ect more choices in haior styles and clothes for sims of all ages both sims gender toggles to select what content we went off or deactivate like sims3 and most important of all cars
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    All the clothes unlocked for both genders.
    All the Occult eyes, skintones, pointed ears, fangs & fishtail unlocked for all sims.
    Hair/eyes/eyelashes color slides swatches.
    Clothing/Accessories color slides swatches.
    Body Hair & nails for both genders.
    Objects & Build Mode color slides swatches.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Costumes unlocked for all outfits. Example I can put the fairy outfit on and pretend she's a fairy. But right now you can't put it on for every outfit. And I would LOVE long hair. What do they have against long hair anyway? There are so many short and some medium length. But no really long hair styles. What there is is only from back view. And not as long as I want. And I really hate that quirk ( can't stand to be touched). If I'm playing a serial romantic I'd bet you money they would get it. And its to much, every little touch or hug. It's so annoying!!! Some people like me don't use CC or MODS or Cheats. And because of it I miss out on using a lot of stuff. Others cheat for it but I have to do things the hard way. The reason is me and technology don't get along. but for this game we've come to an understanding. Ha Ha.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Hi Behappy1st, yes you can put costumes on every outfit. There's an x option to delete the outfit catagory in the clothing CAS. You just have to do this with each catagory then you can pick whatever costumes or outfits you want.
    For example: a long dress can be a nightie in sleepwear or a wool sweater dress can be in cold weather.
  • Hope8Hope8 Posts: 46 Member
    Height slider, height slider, height slider...lol :D And a hair color and length one, too.