Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHAT does the community WANT in 2020?

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I would like to start this thread to talk about what we, the community, really want from The Sims 4.
I thought creating a place to collect all the ideas the community wants would be a good idea!
I will add points to the following categories:

Expansion packs

Build/Buy mode

Base Game updates
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    edited September 2020
    I cannot speak for the community... but here is my little wish list:

In General
    - Improved communication from The Sims Team :)

Base Game Updates
    - Cars (carpools, buses, firetrucks, service Sim vehicles)
    - Body hair
    - Improved skin tones and multi-ethnic hair textures
    - Basically the same CAS mechanics of skin/hair details as with Cats & Dogs
    - The "fear" emotion
    - All of the bug fixes

Build/Buy Mode
    - Ability to paint the ceilings; curved walls; custom stairs railings placement; spiral stairs; bunk beds; basically all popular the build/buy requests. :)
    - Matching/consistent color swatches across base game furniture sets (windows, doors, counters, stairs, chairs, etc.)

Packs
    - Arcade items
    - Actual amusement park
    - Farms/countryside/horses with bigger lots
    - Probably whatever else the vocal community wants

Definitely some other items that I'm forgetting right now. I should save a list, but it might make me sad to keep around, while my expectations are low. :)
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    The simple ability to save Styled Outfits and have generated NPCs wear them . . . why is this not a thing yet? I don't understand how this is consistently overlooked, and it seems like such an easy fix. The EA team doesn't even need to create anything new, other than a button and a few lines of code. Come on!!! Please! EA, if it's not possible, please explain.
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    edited September 2020
    Expansion packs
    • I'd like them to implement everything they've taken away from each pack to appease players who don't like ______. That's a slap in the face to players who've bought packs for specific _______ game play and details. Also very shady, not good business. You didn't see them do that in previous games, why is this one special in that aspect?!

Build/Buy mode
    • I think build mode is wonderful. I wish they had a pond terrain tool, but the debug pond works fine.

Base Game updates
    • Fixing all the bugs in game would be a step in the right direction. It wouldn't be as bad if they continued to fix them every month. At this rate the bugs are worse in TS4 than TS3 and you don't need as many mods to fix them.
    Post edited by Vivi_WillowTree on
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited September 2020
    Base Game updates:
    Attraction system
    Turn on and turn offs/likes and dislikes
    More like MORE traits
    Consequences

And I'm good :D
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'd love more occult stuff! I know it's not everyone's favourite, so keeping it to GPs and even some SPs is understandable.

Specifically I want:
    -Imaginary Friends they are my favourite occult! So creepy and fun, they also added so much for kids and toddlers. Most occults don't really come into play until a sim is a teen, but this was one occult item/thing that was centered around younger sims.
    -Controllable Pets I miss that SO MUCH from sims 3. They already take up a slot in our household. If we can't control them then at least keep them from taking up our sim count.
    -A fantastical, livable world We have some neat destination worlds, but I want at least one world where you can actually LIVE in some zany magical realm.
    -Houseboats Weird one, I know, but I loved them. Could come with a world that is mostly water with a few small islands. Diving could make a return and treasure hunting!
    -EP akin to Generations I want MORE stuff for teens, kids toddler and elders! Better relationships trees in families... more hobbies and activities. Give us homeschooling, prom, bingo night!
    -Sci-Fi GP Some kind of neat GP to add more sci-fi occult game play (we have lots of magical mermaids and stuff, but we don't have as much sci-fi content like Plumbots.) Star Wars is okay I guess, but I want something that fits into the sims universe and is more sandbox gameplay.
  • gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Expansion packs
    • I'd like them to implement everything they've taken away from each pack to appease players who don't like ______. That's a slap in the face to players who've bought packs for specific _______ game play and details. Also very shady, not good business. You didn't see them do that in previous games, why is this one special in that aspect?!
    What did I miss? Have they done that? Can you give a few examples?
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • QueenRubyQueenRuby Posts: 1 New Member
    I wish we could move the sims ourselves. When the sims 2 came out we were able to move them except for dealing with the cursor. Sometimes it distracting cause I whether enjoy the my sim alot more. The sims 2 gave us freedom to really enjoy.
    Also, maybe with that we could have our sim to drive buy groceries and stuff with our control. I just want more freedom to really connect. The cursor really works my nerves. Especially when I'm playing on the console. No offense
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited September 2020
    i think its little late for 2020 wants now but :joy:

EP: Ancient Living

if we have additional ep this year i think we really need something to break this line of modern machiney packs and well this if anything would help me enjoy playing this game again

Build/Buy:
    - one sided stair railings
    - painting ceilings
    - adding basic brown wood swatches for tons of furniture.

I can't stress this enough
    like if its in surfaces or storage and it does not exist in dark brown wood only? add that swatch. id use those objects like 90% more

- completely white swatch for tons of windows

similar thing but I've noticed many (especially base game) windows lack this option and it really irritates me like what up with that blue x white only?

-wood top counters
    talking of wood swatch why I only have one option on this and that too has baskets on it instead of like actual drawers? eh?

CAS:
    -them skintones
    - updos that have bangs pls?
    - copying outfit & makeup for all categories
    - fixing aliens facemelting and genetics :| and adding the possibility to link disguise and alien form to look same

also

- TOGGLES FOR ALL AND EVERYTHING especially to turn off townie generation and force game use existing sims please

- adding more of existing wooden objects for woodworking skill

oh and can't believe i almost forgot

COUPLE DANCING
    ROMANCE INTERACTIONS
    OPEN WATER

okay maybe thats it for now?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    #1 Bug Fixes!

#2 Sims 5
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited September 2020
    Expansion packs:
    Medieval world with swordplay, archery and other appropriate content
    Dragons
    More fantasy stuff i.e. Greek myth theme

Build/Buy mode:
    Spiral staircases
    Bunk beds
    The ability to change partial furniture swatches i.e. the bed frame being separate to the cover

Base Game updates:
    Bug fixes
    Slow dancing
    The ability to creature our own Styled Looks
    The ability to assign chairs to specific sims so they have their "own" seat at the dinner table or in front of the TV.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2020
    Packs
    Werewolves
    Romance
    Generations
    Horses
    Bands/Music
    Hotels/Vacation
    Hobbies
    Cars/Transport
    Fairies
    Historical/medieval

Build/Buy mode
    Upright pianos
    Exercise bikes
    Dumbbells
    Tea sets
    Buggies for babies/toddlers
    Sketch/notebooks
    Landlines

Base Game updates
    Improved personalities (+ fear emotion)
    Free babies
    Hybrids (so my vampire can learn alchemy)
    Improved ghosts
    Cars/carpools
    Playable NPC careers
    Police and burglars
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Expansion packs:
    Medieval world with swordplay, archery and other appropriate content
    Dragons
    More fantasy stuff i.e. Greek myth theme

Build/Buy mode:
    Spiral staircases
    Bunk beds
    The ability to change partial furniture swatches i.e. the bed frame being separate to the cover

Base Game updates:
    Bug fixes
    Slow dancing
    The ability to creature our own Styled Looks
    The ability to assign chairs to specific sims so they have their "own" seat at the dinner table or in front of the TV.

Assigning seats would be great!
    Happy simming!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm sleepy to go into detail right now but I want everything mentioned here lol. Especially the controllable pets
    Wearwolves and ZOMBIES
    The ability to sit anywhere on the floor (preferably in a few different positions) for a proper picnic
    Canes for elder (or all)
    Bed cuddling
    The ability to sit on counters coffee tables
    Copying outfits and makeup to all categories

Expansion wise I really want generations, a pack with loads of kid stuff. So tired of kids with nothing to do. They need way more interactions. Especially with eachother. I want to see them hiding under tables, playing Mary mack, tag, pillow fighting and more.
    More group interactions and things for multiple sims to do together. Like boat for two.

Also I want an apocalyptic pack where sims have to survive and rebuild the world. As well as happy haunts. And something that expands on mermaids with an underwater kingdom

Feed a bite interactions for all not just romance
    Official toddler playpens
    Toddler seats that swing as well as toddler swings
    See saws
    Merry goes around
    Slides for adults
    I don't expect all of this in 2020 of course. But definitely things I would like to see.

One unique thing I always wanted are longer interactions for things. I feel like it ends too short and the sims run off to do one thing after another.
    Like cuddling on the couch, playing with the campfire, the dog heeling for example should either last much longer or that the duration doesn't end until I end it. Especially because I play with autonomy off I like to see sims I'm not using doing things in the background. But then the interactions end quickly and I have to find something else for them to do or they just stand around.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm somewhat open to new ideas or different thoughts than mine but not everything will appeal to me.

Here is some of what I would like:

Expansion packs

Country / Farming World with Horses - I know that they know this is requested but yes, I want it.

Romance EP or GP - More complex relationships, more chemistry, more new romantic interactions. This pack could improve emotions and relationships generally but would allow sims to have more developed romantic lives. Develop romance throughout the life stages and allow for more varied personalities and reactions. There could also be more "drama" among family and friends, possibly with therapy or couples counseling. I wouldn't want all of my houses to need this but basically, we could create more potential for drama among some households to add complexity. Include ways to rekindle the romance or ways to celebrate anniversaries including those for elders.

Italian world - This could go along with romance, I would like a world with an Italian seaside town and a Tuscan countryside with vineyards. There could be fixer-upper houses and some historic settings. I realize that Windenburg had elements of this but that was more German and English. This would be Mediterranean. It could be a vacation world.

World with deeply snowy winters and mountains - The Swiss Mountain Village in the survey would be great.

Murder mystery - I saw this listed among the concepts being considered and I personally would actually be interested in this. I think it could be fun if it's not completely silly.

African safari or African world - Yes, I want this. We have not seen it in the game and it would be great.

More hobbies and more ways to use community spaces, I like this about EL and would like to see more.

Art parties or auctions or exhibitions and ways to use museums are on my list. That could be an SP for me.

If they add historic play or themes, I will be interested.

Build/Buy mode

I always want more clothes, hair, general styles and furnishings.

Could we see more French country or Italian country decor?

Though I didn't win with Nifty Knitting, I really liked being able to vote on styles, clothing items and objects.

Maybe add some more contemporary casual wear?

Base Game updates

I tend to notice these less. If there is an update to babies, I'll take it though that's more for other plays than me. I would consider a Baby SP.

I'll probably take whatever is offered. Keep fixing bugs though.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2020
    Base game:
    PlantSim Lifestate
    Gardening Fixed
    Glitches Fixed
    Playable Babies
    Nails, Body Hair & Eye Lashes in CAS
    More Eye Colors

Expansion Packs:
    Glitches Fixed
    Aliens having same copy code as Vampires
    Eliminate Random Tourist Outfits
    Seasons need Festivals
    Mermaids Fixed

Gamepacks:
    Vampire Plasma Foods to be introduced
    Jungle Adventure need Hotel Resort
    MotherPlant to be deleted
    Werewolves, Genies & Fairies Lifestates
    Haunted Swampy Dark World
    Ghostbusters, Vampire & Witch Hunters.
    SW: I, II, III, IV, V & VI with liveable Worlds.

Post edited by SERVERFRA on
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2020
    anything family related
    group activities that actually bring social need up because it is so rare in TS4 plus I hate to socialize with non- family members both IRL and in game
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Silver_Rayn123Silver_Rayn123 Posts: 7 New Member
    Things I want for the sims, preferably in the actual game but i'd settle for CC/Mods too!

Custom Hair colors.
    Okay so, you know the Paint mode for pets? Yea I want that for Human skin.
    To be able to make rooms at different heights while being able to be touching.
    More range on Column heights. In a similar vein as above, it's weird that we can only raise or lower them to a certain height tbh and would help a lot of builders if we could adjust them better.
    Apartments. Look, Apartments are super cool, and we all love them, but it sucks that the only ones we have only have one floor available. It would be SUPER cool if we could make our own custom apartment buildings or complexes!
    This is more of a nitpick but, we can only go so far up and down in Levels? It would be cool if we could go higher or lower. Now, I read that the reason modders can’t do this is because the number of levels is fixed in the files and not editable, so either making it so we can or allowing us to go bigger would be awesome!!!
    Height Sliders.
    Stairs intersecting. Yeah, so like, it's kinda annoying we can't compact our stairs and make them fold under each other.
    Curved walls/fences/Pools, ect!!! Like, this isnt minecraft, things are round!
    Disabilities.
    A better System for cheats I guess? Look, having the cheat bar is nice but all those commands are kinda confusing and doesn't always let you know if it was implemented or nah. Just, make it a pop up window with buttons or something? Like, a toggle tab!
    Animal Shelter/Pet Shop!!! I'd love to be able to have this in my game!!! Ofc, you’d need the pet packs to do it but they can be expanded on those or something.
    In the same vein, More pet types! I knew we have a few rodents in First Pet, but they just stay in their cages, how boring! Having Birds, Rodents, or Fish be more like how Cats and Dogs work would be cool!
    More Clutter! We have a bunch but… I love it so ;^;
    Also while we’re at it, I wish the Go-To-Work buildings were actually in game?
    Cemetery! Simply put, an area so households don't get clogged with gravestones. Make it an option when someone dies, there’s a pop up like for ghosts. “This sims has died. Would you like to Bury them in the cemetary or on your Lot” or something like that
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    A medieval themed pack with horses, sword fighting, a fey occult life state, both elves and fairies are types of fey, dragons, maybe werewolves a GP as another, option, a superhero pack, and futuristic pack.
  • 3mptylord3mptylord Posts: 7 New Member
    Based purely on things I've found to be missing in my most recent playthrough would like:
    * Body hair
    * Built-in wardrobes
    * Shelves, desks and storage designed to snap underneath stairs
    * A loungewear outfit category that is distinct for general/sleepwear - for the lazy days at home. I was kinda hoping for this from the laundry day pack (it's not really a thing in my country, but I was expecting sweatpants and baggy clothes for a day spent at home). An outfit Sims will change into when they get home from work or wake up on a day off, before changing into normal clothes if they decide to go out.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I don't speak for the community, I only speak for myself. But I still think my features would be appreciated by more people than Star Wars. Just sayin'.

Some kind of music pack. A big music pack that covers a lot of bases. From children to adults. This would include bands and an electric guitar, electric bass and a drumset. It would also, most essentially IMO, include a playable woodwind or brass instrument (maybe one of both!). It's been twenty years and we've never seen one while seeing one of each other instrument family in each game. (TS1 didn't have them all, but TS2 and 3 did). The woodwind/brass instruments could be played by kids as well and contribute to a school wind ensemble/concert band/whatever you want to call it activity.

A time-travel pack, but this time to the past. My ideal location is ancient Greece, because it's never been done before, and would surely make for a world with gorgeous views and architecture. Alternatively they could do medieval, which would be a great place to introduce horses (could be done with Greece, too) and bring back unicorns, as they were prominent in medieval lore.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Sims 5.
  • JesternarioJesternario Posts: 1 New Member
    Now, hear me out... Band Life. Not only include more instruments, including brass horns, more electric guitars, keytars, and drums, but have a full on active career where you can form a band and perform at venues such as clubs and on stage.

Also, being able to see and purchase books you publish would be nice.
  • irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    Expansion packs
    • While I do not care one way or the other, I think there is a strong sense from the community that they want more occults like werewolves, Fae, other shifter species (bears, tigers, birds). Even offering an unconventional ideas pack that includes some of the more unconventional suggestions made by the community would go a long way. This could lead to new users, thus more users, rather than alienating existing users with a limited theme pack like star wars.
    • Medieval and/or time travel pack - I think this is pretty self explanatory, but if we go back in time, the technology and activities should match the time frame (i.e. no cars in Medieval times and activate occult during Medieval times as consistent with beliefs of the times; activities like sword fighting, jousting, falconry, etc).
    • Farming and improved animals pack (add horses and other domesticated animals, FIX THE DACHSHUND and other short-legged dogs and cats, more items to grow (i.e. hemp, sugar cane, rice, etc.), offer different soil types (sand, bog, loam), farming vehicles, farming professions (corporate versus private, ranch hands, farm hands, etc.), rural activities like square dances, ho downs, barn raisings, county/state fairs, 4H club). Also, we should have the same type of autonomy control for animals (including existing animals) as we have for toddlers, if not equivalent of what we have for adult sims (set it up like Sims 3)
    • Leisure activity pack - more sports including rugby, cricket, baseball, volleyball, etc and improve current basketball gameplay. More musical instruments and ability to jam and create bands. More arts and crafts such as scrapbooking, sewing, welding, sculpture, graffiti painting (where our sims create it rather than just using premade stuff from buy mode). More gaming activities such as board game groups, bunco, bingo, mah jong, etc. Other group activities like book clubs, movie clubs, role play clubs (in person D&D), etc.
    • Academia/Education pack - create professions for higher education faculty and research, ability to attend graduate school and other post-graduate work, ability to choose apprenticeship or trade school rather than university, increase majors and connect them with more professions (existing or newly created)
    • Travel/Vacation/World Adventure pack - this would be something like we had in Sims 3 where not only could we travel and explore the three destinations, but we could own property in each. Offer locations for each continent if not certain countries and cultures. HOWEVER, make sure that the research is accurate to avoid unfair stereotyping and inaccurate gameplay, otherwise, don't bother.

Build/Buy mode
    • Cars and other vehicles along with garages
    • Color wheel or color slider for build/buy objects
    • Spiral staircases
    • Bunk beds
    • More options for appliances like washers/dryers
    • Curved walls, including for pools
    • Improved terrain functions (i.e. ponds)
    • More empty lots and/or variation in lot sizes - too many 30 x 20 lots and not enough 64 x 64 lots
    • A create a world tool would be awesome!
    • Ability to put more clutter and other objects on shelves without having to enable MOO
    • Ability to put items under staircases

Base Game updates
    • Have books that sims write appear for purchase
    • Instead of having certain genres for writing only shown when a sim has that particular buff (i.e. romance writing when flirty), allow all genres but increase profits for those books that were written while sim had that particular buff.
    • Have toggles for certain EP, GP, and SP options such as seasons and occults (like in Sims 3)
    • Ability to modify aging so we can put in how many days we want various stages to last (like in Sims 3)
    • Improve babies (like in Sims 3)
    • Improve privacy and occupancy settings for doors - if you have door locked for everyone but throw a party, have option to unlock for party/guests; also allow privacy settings for indoor doors, not just front door
    • See CAS and Gallery lists below

CAS
    • More spots for aspirations/traits and improve those aspirations and traits so they are more accurate - maybe offer another set of lifestyle choices for things like vegan, freegan, recycle disciple, etc.
    • More depth to the personality (like in Sims 3 and Sims 2) - compatibility measures, relevant reactions to moods and conversation
    • Color wheel or color slider for CAS (skin tones and hair) and for build/buy objects
    • Better hair styles for non-Caucasian sims
    • Body hair for male, female, and gender non-conforming sims
    • Better tattoos (ability to put multiple tattoos on same arm (wrist and shoulder) - again like from Sims 3
    • FIX THE DACHSHUND and other short-legged dogs and cats so they are actually accurate (like in Sims 3)
    • Be able to set up everyday clothing for each season

Gallery
    Set up Gallery so we can upload one or two photos or screenshots of our lots. Too many lots cannot be seen due to foliage or other objects due to pre-set camera views.

Or even consider having a group of developers work on updating and improving Sims 3 or Sims 2 for those of us who find those franchises more meaningful for gameplay than Sims 4.
  • 20plusyearsofmylife20plusyearsofmylife Posts: 2 New Member
    I have been thinking about the new Star Wars pack that I am totally uninterested in and will be the first pack I will not buy. I am a Star Wars fan, but from what I read about the pack, it doesn't seem to have been done in a way that is true to the game. After reading that the area is based on Galaxy's Edge at the Disney parks, I think it would have been so much cooler if they had gone all in on it as a vacation spot. Have a Disney hotel lot. Throw in a couple of rides that give fun moodlets. Unlock VIP guest locations and perks. More souvenirs. I would like it way better as a real vacation location for my sims family then some sort of fantasy side storyline. In general, more vacation options would be cool to see.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Before I even think of so many awesome things that could be added, I want bug fixes first! I also want Vampires to be able to take care of themselves when not played like all other Sims can, and allow them to act like Vampires again. I know some still get break ins but I just cant, and I do know all things to do and still nothing. I want those but bug fixes first please.