The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't flirt with Kylo/Rey

Comments

• LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    In Into the Future in TS3, someone got around this by extracting a duplicate of Emit Relevart out of the game. You could download the dupe and have babies with him that way. I don't know how they did it-- I think there's a cloning device in game but I never played with it, so I don't know how it works. If they did it by extracting game files then I really can't help you. But it's been done before.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    This could be a bug issue cause one of the blogs say you might meet your soul mate on Butuu.

Maybe they meant you meet other adventurer like your sim? If they made this pack to reflect the real life Disney park maybe they thought the characters are actors doing their job and should probably not be harassed on the job. Anyway, this is sims and there's no such concept in the game.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    This could be a bug issue cause one of the blogs say you might meet your soul mate on Butuu.

Maybe they meant you meet other adventurer like your sim? If they made this pack to reflect the real life Disney park maybe they thought the characters are actors doing their job and should probably not be harassed on the job. Anyway, this is sims and there's no such concept in the game.

This is what I assumed. I find it really hard to believe Disney would be okay with people defiling their beloved characters. God I hope the modders make the mouse clutch his pearls.
  • verfensverfens Posts: 9 New Member
    I guess the real question is if they age or not. Because like, I could see the issue of them aging and dying and therefore being inaccessible for the future gameplay in that world?

Is this another baby ariel situation but like, combined with the grim reaper?
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    verfens wrote: »
    I guess the real question is if they age or not. Because like, I could see the issue of them aging and dying and therefore being inaccessible for the future gameplay in that world?

Is this another baby ariel situation but like, combined with the grim reaper?
    I doubt very much that they will age. They are most likely immortal.
  • That's unfortunate . I kinda wanted to flirt with Kylo.
  • aecollins21aecollins21 Posts: 64 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Modders might be able to make it happen. If they have a specific trait then you should be able to remove it.

But don't tell Disney that. They were most likely the one's who made sure that we could not romance them.

We simmers have some strange priorities indeed :D

I have a feeling because of Disney’s tight control over their image and marketing this may be a nearly un-mod-able pack. Especially when it comes to those mods which shall not be named. Zerbu already posted on Twitter they cannot mod it to be a livable world because there are no lots. I mean this is seriously a massive disappointment.

I thought so too, but then I saw where you can use regular build cheats to edit the premade lots in Batuu. I don't think Disney would allow that if they didn't absolutely have to. There are other NPCs that were marked as not able to woohoo or be romantic with and modders fixed that ASAP. I think Kylo and Rey will be the same. *Hopefully* because I really want my Sim to have Kylo's baby lol.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member

You can meet and wohoo other aliens on batuu. There is even a new wohooo spot but it's very tame. You can't romance Kylo or Rey though.
    Modders might be able to make it happen. If they have a specific trait then you should be able to remove it.

But don't tell Disney that. They were most likely the one's who made sure that we could not romance them.

I have a feeling because of Disney’s tight control over their image and marketing this may be a nearly un-mod-able pack. Especially when it comes to those mods which shall not be named. Zerbu already posted on Twitter they cannot mod it to be a livable world because there are no lots. I mean this is seriously a massive disappointment.

I thought so too, but then I saw where you can use regular build cheats to edit the premade lots in Batuu. I don't think Disney would allow that if they didn't absolutely have to. There are other NPCs that were marked as not able to woohoo or be romantic with and modders fixed that ASAP. I think Kylo and Rey will be the same. *Hopefully* because I really want my Sim to have Kylo's baby lol.

@aecollins21 does this include Grim? Is there a mod which allows you to kiss/woohoo with him (without removing the Grim Reaper trait from him/adding him to your household)?
  • aecollins21aecollins21 Posts: 64 Member
    edited September 2020

@aecollins21 does this include Grim? Is there a mod which allows you to kiss/woohoo with him (without removing the Grim Reaper trait from him/adding him to your household)?

This is what I've found:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/dqkmbk/holy_moly_this_was_so_hard_but_i_finally_had_grim/

I can confirm that just using MCC Pregnancy to spawn a pregnancy with him as the father works.
    edited September 2020

This is what I've found:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/dqkmbk/holy_moly_this_was_so_hard_but_i_finally_had_grim/

I can confirm that just using MCC Pregnancy to spawn a pregnancy with him as the father works.

Thank you but that appears to be the method where you have to add Grim to your household and then cheat to remove his trait. If you do that, he loses his special NPC role and gets replaced as the Grim Reaper.

I was looking for a mod which allows me to woohoo/try for a baby with Grim without him losing his NPC role as the Grim Reaper.

The closest thing I have found to what I want is clicking on my sim while Grim is on the lot and they have a high romance bar, selecting MCCC, then 'start pregnancy with...', then choosing the Grim Reaper as the other parent. That way my sim gives birth to Grim's kid and he doesn't lose his role as the Grim Reaper. I have used this several times so can confirm that it does work but the kid is conceived without woohoo which isn't ideal for story telling.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

This is what I've found:

Sounds like the work of Plaugeis and Sidious. :D
    edited September 2020
    SimGuruRomeo confirmed that Rey and Kylo can't woohoo by design...

But he said that he made a Kylo and Rey household in Willow Creek... I wonder if he means that we can go into Cas.fulleditmode and save Kylo and Rey to our library then play with them normally.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020

I know there is a mod out there for extracting Sim copies from a game save. Maybe we can use that if nothing else works.

Also, there are already lots of Kylos and Reys on the gallery if anyone just wants their appearance.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I know there is a mod out there for extracting Sim copies from a game save. Maybe we can use that if nothing else works.

Also, there are already lots of Kylos and Reys on the gallery if anyone just wants their appearance.

Thing is, it's not quite the same as woohooing/flirting with them when they are in their NPC role as head of the first order/resistance :( maybe I'm just weird in finding that fun haha
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member

Thing is, it's not quite the same as woohooing/flirting with them when they are in their NPC role as head of the first order/resistance :( maybe I'm just weird in finding that fun haha

Yes, power is such an aphrodisiac! :lol: I watched some let's plays and it appears like there is no romance interaction. I wonder if modders might be able to add that back or maybe there is a roundabout way of going about it and getting them in a flirty mood by other methods like using those mood enhancing lamps, drinks, free love NAPs, etc. Maybe if you invite them to home neighborhood they will behave differently?
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    May not be able to romance them but Vlad is gonna try to turn them.😈
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If Kylo is the guy in black with the face mask, you may not like what you see when he removes it. Darth Vader was no prize. :D
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If Kylo is the guy in black with the face mask, you may not like what you see when he removes it. Darth Vader was no prize. :D

Haha the actor who plays Kylo in the films (Adam Driver) is cute but I suspect that they probably won't have tried to actually make Sim-Kylo look like Kylo under the mask :( he probably will either be a random townie or have a weird unrendered face like Grim does under his hood.

Yes, power is such an aphrodisiac! :lol: I watched some let's plays and it appears like there is no romance interaction. I wonder if modders might be able to add that back or maybe there is a roundabout way of going about it and getting them in a flirty mood by other methods like using those mood enhancing lamps, drinks, free love NAPs, etc. Maybe if you invite them to home neighborhood they will behave differently?

Glad someone gets it lol. I hope there will be a mod or a workaround for this. Fingers crossed!
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    May not be able to romance them but Vlad is gonna try to turn them.😈
    Sounds fun! I suspect you won't be able to turn them but I am intrigued.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Let's be fair though, Mustafar and the lack of the High Ground didn't help very much in that regard.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Komura wrote: »

This is what I assumed. I find it really hard to believe Disney would be okay with people defiling their beloved characters. God I hope the modders make the mouse clutch his pearls.

I hope so, too.

I mean, I get it, irl flirting with the cute park attendent will only get her into trouble. But I'm not my sims and I want to be allowed to act out exactly that story: park visitor flirts with attendent, attendent falls for visitor, gets fired and has to start a new life in Willow Creek, probably being extremely angry at the visitor who got them in this situation.
    They really need to remember that The Sims is a god-game where the player hovers over the action without being part of it and not a Choose-your-own-path novel. /rant
  • Dannydanbo wrote: »

Kylo actually is very handsome underneath the mask.