Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost Eternal - Updated February 3rd

Comments

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Haha I'm loving your new profile pic, Snuffy!
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    Well, you picked a good selection of chapters to read back-to-back as I see you have your answer to who is watching. Sort of. I mean you know nothing about him except he has teeth. And is dangerous.

Lilith has her reasons, but no, you're right, he couldn't do much damage to himself with that. But then, would you want Caleb anywhere near your face with a scalpel?
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    @ThePlumbob
    Haha I'm loving your new profile pic, Snuffy!

Cheers. According to partner, this is how my face looks 99% of the time, so it should give people a more accurate representation of me.
    Almost Eternal
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Quite the cliffhanger! :)
    Well, some of my questions are answered, but now I have a ton more, lol. Did Rose actually get killed? We only saw vampire guy trying to bite her. And we still know so little about Caleb's troubled past. I wonder what this tower is? It sort of sounded like a mental hospital or something along those lines. And who Mel's dad is, even though it sounds like he's a real deadbeat. I can't wait to find out more in the next chapter. :)
    @lone_cat
    Ooh, such juicy questions. I can't answer, other than to answer that you will get answers.
    Almost Eternal
    I decided to climb on the bandwagon and run my main five through artbreeder.
    Yes, some of them visited the hairdresser first, focus on the faces.

April
    April-1.png

Caleb
    Caleb-1.png

Faith
    Faith-2.png

Lilith
    Lilith-1.png

Melinda
    Melinda-1.png
    Almost Eternal
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    It is interesting to see them in human disguise :)
    They are all very beautiful :love:
    It's a little hard to recognize their personalities without their distinctive hairstyle and dramatic facial expressions.
    PS:
    I also took up the challenge with Finn and Naja :lol:
    Where do babies come from?

Chapter 31 - Spawned Somehow
    Almost Eternal
    @MonaSolstraale
    Oh I know, they just don't look right unless Faith is scowling, Melinda is cringing and April is doing... well whatever April does.
    Almost Eternal
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Aww, I’m actually starting to like Caleb and Melinda together. They’ve had more honest and warm conversations than either April or Lilith have had with him this whole story. I would almost begin to ship it but the age difference is still creepy. :D
    Don’t tell April that you held his hand though, Mel. Or sat next to him on a bench. Or showed him your drawings. Or any evidence of you being closer to him than she is holy cow. :|

Interesting bit of lore about how vampire families come to be. So they took him from his real parents, raised him, and then turned him into a vampire when he came of age? Is that how it works? Unless they still age when already turned into a vampire, in which case they could have bitten him right away… hmm. I wonder.

Also Caleb think we beat our hearts consciously made me chuckle. The dude really doesn’t remember human life well. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    Melinda's slightly older than April. Just saying, I know that doesn't help ease the creepiness. Why wouldn't she tell April? It's not like she's obsessively jealous and crazy or anything.

You'll have to wonder a little while more.

He's got a head full of hundreds of years of awful memories to wade through; can't remember everything, can he?
    Almost Eternal
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Ch 31
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Aww, I’m actually starting to like Caleb and Melinda together. They’ve had more honest and warm conversations than either April or Lilith have had with him this whole story. I would almost begin to ship it but the age difference is still creepy. :D
    Don’t tell April that you held his hand though, Mel. Or sat next to him on a bench. Or showed him your drawings. Or any evidence of you being closer to him than she is holy cow. :|

Hence I like MC train than April+Caleb. I was creeped out by Caleb the entire time because he was a 300 y.o. vamp with questionable motives towards an 18 y.o. unhealthily obsessed April and we have no insights as to why he's lovestruck about her, nor her him. Like..... aaaaah... WHY. WHY WHY WHY (channeling my April here). But with Mel, their conversations have always been insightful. Caleb actually sounds like a functioning adult with her and their conversations are always deep. So I miiight just be okay with the guy. But we'll see. I'll check out what happens between him and Lilith April before I choose to thaw/or engulf him in flames. heh!

And ahhhhh welcome back Faith. I'm loving your humor ahahaha :joy: ! So glad for these unpressured moments and Faith's good side is coming to light again <3 (Also her brownie points increased because she doens't like Caleb's hair. Don't you just wanna give him a new makeover with your shears, eh? Bet you'd make him a stud.)
    @mercuryfoam
    You have no insights? Have you seen the pair of them? ;)
    April-1.pngCaleb-1.png
    A haircut may be on the cards...
    Almost Eternal
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    I have written a comment on your block. I'm sorry it got pretty long, but this section set many thoughts in motion <3
    NB: By the way, I think it's uncontrollably funny to see how April keeps showing up in front of the mirror, even though she has no mirror image :joy:
    It can be very difficult to abandon an old habit ;)
    NB: By the way, I think it's uncontrollably funny to see how April keeps showing up in front of the mirror, even though she has no mirror image :joy:
    It can be very difficult to abandon an old habit ;)
    Fun fact (I have no idea how I know this. :D ) - apparently, vampires from old stories were unable to see their reflection in the mirror because mirrors were made using silver back in the day. The story behind that is that silver was seen as a source of purification (a looking-into-your-soul thing), and a corrupted soul like a vampire would not reflect. It's also why silver hurts vampires and werewolves.
    Modern mirrors no longer have silver in them, because it's expensive as heck to make. :D
    Right. Sorry for that rant. :sweat_smile:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @MonaSolstraale @_sims_Yimi
    I did not know that about mirrors and that is fascinating! None of the mirrors in the game reflect Sim vampires, but certainly the ones in Marjorie's house are all ancient so may contain silver, we'll go with that. :D And yes, April is very much conscious of her appearance and old habits die hard.
    Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer
    Ooh, do you? Another one on board the Wimpy Vamps ship. :)
    April is not great at making decisions.
    Almost Eternal
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I'm not jumping aboard the MC shipping train just yet. Caleb hasn't proven himself yet. I have a soft spot for Mel, so no breaking her tender innocent heart just yet. I am totally okay with him shattering April's heart, lol. Oh yes, and I definitely agree that Faith needs to give him a haircut.

Also, I love all the Artbreeder images. :) Everyone looks so sweet, young, and innocent, even though some of them aren't, lol. Also glad that Caleb lost some of his emo look. Lilith is my favorite of the bunch.
    Just hanging out, playing some chess.

Chapter 32 - Reckless Ways
    Almost Eternal
    @lone_cat
    If he carries on, someone's heart will be getting broken. If they even have hearts, which I'm not sure they do. I should really figure that bit out, shouldn't I?
    Caleb will be getting a haircut... if only because I'm fed up of posing him so that bloody fringe doesn't slice through everyone's faces.

The more I look at them, the more I like the artbreeder images. They are all quite young-looking, it's how I picture them in my head, even though in game they all look like emotional potatoes instead. Just evidence of my lack of sim-making ability, I suppose. ;)
    Almost Eternal
    edited September 2020
    Oh hi :mrgreen: I'm not shirking work to read your chapters naaaahhhhhh.

Chapter 32
    Ah yes, of course Will has to go and be an even bigger potato. It’s not about helping out a lost girl or saving her life or anything selfless like that, noooooooo, of course not. Caaaaaash. I’d say he needs it to give himself a better man bun, but we all know he’d just spend it on booze, female company and stupid random purchases. And not a cent would go to his wife, probably. *angry grumbles*

Haha, you go, Melinda! That’s genuinely impressive, beating someone at chess on your first try. And Lilith and Caleb actually seem a little like siblings here. You know – making quips at each other, her trying to smack him on the back of the head, that kinda thing. It’s a good change. LAL she’s annoying him with a beer drinking song! That’s hilarious. Lilith is quickly becoming my favourite in the whole cast. :love: I like the three of them together like this. I’d add Faith, but I’m not sure if she would like it as much as Melinda does. April…. Well.

J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    Good to hear it. ;)
    Maybe he wants to donate it all to charity and you've all got him wrong?

Caleb clearly underestimated his 'cute little vamp friend'. I had some fun this chapter, thinking of how my brother and I used to wind each other up. I can totally imagine him mocking my cooking and me giving him a swift shove. Good job neither of us had the power (or patience) to sing each other insane with a rendition of 30,000 bottles of beer on the wall, really.

So you'd add Faith and then what of April? Just leave her in a ditch somewhere?
    Almost Eternal
    @_sims_Yimi
    Good to hear it. ;)
    Caleb clearly underestimated his 'cute little vamp friend'. I had some fun this chapter, thinking of how my brother and I used to wind each other up. I can totally imagine him mocking my cooking and me giving him a swift shove. Good job neither of us had the power (or patience) to sing each other insane with a rendition of 30,000 bottles of beer on the wall, really.

So you'd add Faith and then what of April? Just leave her in a ditch somewhere?
    Heh, you gotta give her props for sticking with the song 30,000 times, though XD

Of course not! But she'll have to make some promises first. You know, the standard stuff. Be nice, don't turn into a tornado of jealous rage every time someone looks at Caleb, don't try to kill Lilith... just common manners, honestly. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg