The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Letter From The Sims Team

Comments

• simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    "I can assure you that we will continue to listen, continue to invest in The Sims 4"

Oh no! Off to to bed - wake me up when we have some news about TS5.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited September 2020
    Still going to keep my expectations low, very very low to avoid myself from getting disappointed.

So far we have a game full of bugs, the new update didn't solve the bugs that majority are currently experiencing.

But for now, I'm just going to stick with older sims games and give the Sims 4 team time to sort out the bugs.

For DLCs I may not buy them if they still continue to be very little gameplay compared The Sims 3 DLCs

"We hear you" isn't enough to convince me.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    It's nice to hear them finally speak up and address some important questions of ours. I doubt however that some of this stuff is true. A multi-million dollar company but they need more than 6 years to figure out how to make babies and even bunk beds? I don't get it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Thank You SimGuru Lyndsay & the Sims Team! I am glad for having some transparency and I hope we will get more of it! It is calming :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Any of you ever consider reading it, and accepting it at face value as an honest attempt to explain matters and manage expectations? Because that's how it reads to me. You all want transparency, ignore it when we get it, and accuse the developers of lying when they try to engage. This is a more thoughtful, measured response than this community deserves.

This is how I feel. I'm not interested in getting angry about how things are going. We have the Sims 4 equivalent of the packs from previous editions I really wanted now so I am fairly happy with the game at the moment. The rest is a bonus.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Any of you ever consider reading it, and accepting it at face value as an honest attempt to explain matters and manage expectations? Because that's how it reads to me. You all want transparency, ignore it when we get it, and accuse the developers of lying when they try to engage. This is a more thoughtful, measured response than this community deserves.

Unfortunately, not all of them can be pleased.Ever. Before it was "why dont they address the uproar?" then its "oh well, i dont buy this." and jeering and laughing. Just the way it is in this "fanbase".
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    - be kind
    - engage in constructive conversations with each other
    - and continue to celebrate what makes the Sims special to YOU

Can we find it in our hearts to do this?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I mean people complains as if the whole Studio do not listen for the Past 6 Years. I mean we got Pets, Toddlers, Seasons, Fame, Island Life, Terrain Tools, Free Windows and Door Replacements, Firefighters, Glass Roofs, Ladders because of these requests, and everytime those request was met people will say that they do not listen once more because they have something new that they want the devs to add in the game
    Nindigo wrote: »
    - be kind
    - engage in constructive conversations with each other
    - and continue to celebrate what makes the Sims special to YOU

Can we find it in our hearts to do this?

I dont mind people having complaints about the sims at all.I complained plenty about the Star Wars pack. But i am personally, just not a fan of bashing the devs even when they try to reach out :| Thats all.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

It is really useful to know what is not going to be in it. Thanks for the heads up :)
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Lets wait and see. If the EP was in the works this year or the last one we cannot have high expectations because they were in "another vibe". Didn't really care. If this pack brought something good its they finally open their eyes. Lets keep an open mind for the next EP and hope for a better future for our beloved franchise
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited September 2020
    @KaeChan2089

I feel you..I could go off right now. But I'll be a good girl. hahaha well said :)

@Komura

You stated: That and the warning that it doesn’t have certain things makes me wonder if it’s another experimental niche pack

lol I think I decided at the Eco living pack that EA uses the sims community to test the game before adding a few patches later to get rid of the worse of the bugs leaving the rest for all time..

I read somewhere yesterday there isn't even going to be one free lot in the world for players/builders in star wars. Not sure how true it was but if it is to me that's a new low..
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    It's nice to hear them finally speak up and address some important questions of ours. I doubt however that some of this stuff is true. A multi-million dollar company but they need more than 6 years to figure out how to make babies and even bunk beds? I don't get it.

EA = "Too expensive or too hard to make"
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Hey what do you know, maybe they will put up an intentional hint of bunkbed, cars or babies in the next ep.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    Komura wrote: »
    Knowing that theyve been working steadily on this pack since last year is encouraging, a little, surely it shouldnt be skimpy on content then? :|

That and the warning that it doesn’t have certain things makes me wonder if it’s another experimental niche pack :|

Yeah im a little nervous . Because...at this point they have already remade the most popular titles from the previous games. So....im at a loss :# Hopefully something more universally interesting. I dont want anymore dorky stuff. Star wars is just dorky and dorky usually coincides with boring. Im getting off topic though. Lets not get TOO excited...yet. This may be something odd again. LOL @Komura
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I appreciate this letter. She didn't say they weren't working on those things either. She simply said that they're not next. If they'd announced the next pack, for sure this is all stuff people would have been expecting, and then outraging when they got their own hopes up and it wasn't those things.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I just feel we’ve heard this before... I hope I’m wrong but I feel the next ep will be another one of their ‘passion projects’ although someone said our ability to elope in other worlds could mean it’s a wedding romance pack or another vacation world, in which case I’d be thrilled!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I mean people complains as if the whole Studio do not listen for the Past 6 Years. I mean we got Pets, Toddlers, Seasons, Fame, Island Life, Terrain Tools, Free Windows and Door Replacements, Firefighters, Glass Roofs, Ladders because of these requests, and everytime those request was met people will say that they do not listen once more because they have something new that they want the devs to add in the game

I agree with this. Just because it's not everything everyone wants immediately, it's all thrown into a "never listen" umbrella. It's tiring.

Apparently when I pointed this out before, I was told that these things are expected because we had them in past games. While I do like all of these things, I don't agree that anything from a past game should be "expected". Different games, if I want the past version of the game, I will play that version? Again, that doesn't mean I don't want some things from the past in my current game, I do like a lot of this stuff and was happy when it returned, but I don't think we should be so entitled as to expect anything other than a less buggy game play experience.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • TyrAVBTyrAVB Posts: 53 Member
    > On upcoming content - when we consider something for addition to the game we consider what it will take to update it meaningfully. This is just as true for babies as it would be for cars, bunk beds or any other number of feature requests.

What do you need to make bunk beds deeper and more meaningful?? Bunk beds and bunk beds, people sleep one above other instead of next to each other. Saves space. There is no need for deeper meaning to it. No need to take years of thinking about how can sleeping in bunk beds result in deep and profound change in your life that sleeping in standard bed cannot...
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Thanks for posting this letter, @simgirl1010 . <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
    We got awesome toddlers 3 years after Sims 4 released.Theres nothing wrong with them taking their time on babies. From what it sounds like to me, they are in the works. I want a crawler stage and an improved newborn stage. Takes time and would be so so good to have. Even though im mostly into building.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Hmmmm I guess a letter is clear indication that they recognise that Journey to Batuu is looking to be a complete flop....

At this point I'm not even that excited about the next expansion pack, I anticipate it either being a pack of little to no interest to me or a pack that could have potential but once again falls short due to the base game lacking.

If 2019/2020 has shown me is that Maxis need to really need to change their strategy of thinking more EPs/GPs/SPs are the solution. The whole thing is looking like a top heavy house which is looking set to collapse due to the foundations/framework missing fundamental aspects.

If they put all their efforts into updating/fixing the base game and updating the existing packs with fresh content (which could be an oppurtunity to relaunch the existing EPs and generate more sales) we could be going somewhere but I'm not holding my breath....