Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Letter From The Sims Team

Comments

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    So what did the surveys have on them last year? Can anybody remember?

This one was from May 2019

How likely is it that you would recommend The Sims 4 to a friend or colleague?
    What improvements could the Community Team make for you to give it a higher rating?
    What is your primary community channel of choice?
    On a scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is very poor and 10 is excellent) how would you rate the communication and engagement you receive from your Community Team?
    On a scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is very poor and 10 is excellent) how would you rate the Maxis Monthly program?
    How can we improve the Maxis Monthly program?
    What does the Community Team do really well?
    On a scale of 1 to 10 (where 1 is not interested and 10 is very interested) how interested are you in the following?
    New Stuff Packs
    New Game Packs
    New Expansion Packs
    Bug Fixes
    Base Game Content Updates

We had one about a winter themed pack that asked about activities we would like to see and gameplay...
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    If I had a dime for every time an EA employee said "we hear you" I could get the next 6 packs for free.

Me too xD
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm salty but at least there is one positive. What ever the next pack is it surely can't be worse than the Star Wars pack. :D

Oh my sweet summer child. Things can always get worse.
    Yep.
    71FBTwLqGHL._SY445_.jpg

My eyes! Was it that bad? :#

I had to do a google search to remember what came with the pack. I'd make a horrible witness. I was remembering some decent bakery items (nope). Yea, I uh did buy it (no judgment, this is a "safe space" after all, right?), but the why escapes me.

Thanks for the flashback! My eyes haven't registered those colors in years!
    Yeah it was. Sorry to bring flashbacks. I like Katy Perry, but thankfully avoided that pack. No worries. I do realize the timing with the Star Wars pack is really close to October. A lot of the costume content seems to come around during this time of year. Kind of odd Katy Perry pack came out in June. Probably would have done better during cavity season in the fall and winter. I think I preferred multiple celebs in packs like Sims Superstar included a lot of celebs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I like how they basically admitted that they began working on the next EP after people had started requesting farming so much (over a year ago), and they still didn't do it. Maybe it's another highly requested theme?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I particularly like this passage:
    "In the meantime, all we ask of you is to be kind, engage in constructive conversations with each other, and continue to celebrate what makes the Sims special to YOU. And I can assure you that we will continue to listen, continue to invest in The Sims 4 and continue to engage with you. We could not do what we do without our players.

SimGuru Lyndsay & the Sims Team"

I've been reading the comments in many threads on the forum and there is just so much vitriol. It is following the pattern of our nation (USA) and the world for that matter. I step into the forums and the game to take a break from the crazy that is our world - from the COVID-19 pandemic to what feels like endless police shootings/killings, to the protests for justice around the world and the unusually harsh response from world governments. The Sims game can and should be a respite.

Instead it seems like folks are taking their frustrations, anger, and rage and targeting it to the Sims team as if they have an agenda to force you to purchase their games and then create the worst gaming environment possible.

It would be nice if some of the group think could tamper down. I am all for good discussions with differing viewpoints, but lately the threads have been skewed toward massive negativity. Even benign threads can become vitriolic quickly.

So, wishing everyone peace, love and happiness ✌🏾✌🏼✌✌🏿

wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I like how they basically admitted that they began working on the next EP after people had started requesting farming so much (over a year ago), and they still didn't do it. Maybe it's another highly requested theme?
    I think farming will be made. It has been requested ever since I joked about Goat Simulator on Sims forums, but that was a fun way that spurned amazing ideas from other Simmers. I want a husbandry/gardening pack too. Eco Lifestyle did help with that somewhat, but wouldn't mind the outdoors expanded more in several ways.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Nice, they should do this communication more often.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member

I also wonder if EA had a stock hit from this? Just curious if that had any influence. After all they have share holders to appease.

I think it temporarily did, at least for a few days! Also the poor reception of Madden 21 may have contributed as well. It didn't tank too much though! It will most likely recover in a while. If you time this right, you can buy the stock at its lowest point for this period of time if you want to invest in the company. And because it's value is a bit volatile right now, if you're a day trader, you can sell it when it rises for some quick profit!

NASDAQ:EA

(Look at the graph for its stock value over varying periods of time.)

The thing is: the poor reception is also affecting the Star Wars' IP perception, having this Star Wars product being received so badly might make investors think the Star Wars brand ins't that attractive to costumers as they thought, and EA also produces the Star Wars games.

They managed to hurt two brands at once.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can’t deny... Katy did look good on the cover 👀
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Can’t deny... Katy did look good on the cover 👀
    She did. She rocks those wigs really well.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Thank you team for opening up more communications with players.
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Im sorry but where did she address the concern over the mass amount of bugs, not just annoying ones but ones that make you unable to play the game??? I dont accept this as acceptable response. Glad to know they want to keep us in the loop about what not to expect. But how about features, main ones, ones in the actual Game Menu not working? When are you going to update us on the fact that the money we work hard to be able to give you is worth continually giving to you?

How about addressing that, IF you are actually listening??? Nothing whatsoever that she said told us they are actually listening, only paying attention to what you want added, AKA more money to them. But listening when those do not work, no they are not listening, either that or they dont care. Because if they listen and care there would be fixes, instead of years old packs with problems making careers and too many other things not even functioning.

I am tired of going to AHQ every time a patch or a pack come out, so I can follow the lists I need to add "Me too" to. I am really tired of how they make it into a mockery at AHQ by giving you badges and such for posting and clicking, me too. That's just wrong, here on the forums its fine its supposed to be fun, but where you go to report how your game is not working is not cool.

So please tell me again, how does she think this says they are listening? The majority is complaining on how you ignore problems, and you say nothing of that. Maybe they need to relearn what listening is, I know that I wish I had known they would be this way and then I would never have bought all the packs so far and most definitely not just as they came out. I will never do that again, and not a single dime more until they take care of problems!
    I do agree there needs to be a better way to report bugs. That is really valid feedback. I hope we have another community poll soon.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    What about world sizes and object swatches? People are waiting for this too, but there is no response. Is it really or that Del Sol Valley is smaller than suburbian Willow Creek, Oasis Springs or Newcrest?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    My guess for the new EP is another city world with bands and singer/fashion model careers.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    @alanmichael1

Yeah, I was thinking either bands, or hotels/resorts. However they also seem to be on the "try something random and new" train, so who knows?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    @alanmichael1

Yeah, I was thinking either bands, or hotels/resorts. However they also seem to be on the "try something random and new" train, so who knows?

Looking at the buggy restaurants I prefer bands. I don't think hotels will work in this iteration.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Connection of missing content from Hot Date, Superstar, Nightlife could be awesome.
  • GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    I hope you give us a road map or Trello board showing what's in the works. Imagine if devs and community worked together the game would make a lot of people happy.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I’m so glad they’ve posted this, thank you Sims team. A little bit more of this communication can go a long way in the community. :)
    As part of the communication, I have been enjoying having the patch notes read aloud. It is calming.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyXt4ogzirA&feature=youtu.be
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    It's truly nice that they reached out and touched base with us, they didn't have to. It's appreciated.

There's a lot that seems likely to remain untouched here - the design philosophy that brought us NAPs and so many other ridiculous gameplay problems needs to GO. And if they don't get rid of the mindset that brought us to this present situation - with design, gameplay, lack of content, and bugs - then my concern is that they will continue to be ignored/remain unresolved.

I'm glad that they're opening up to a conversation about it, but I'm worried that their "plan" will consist of just that, and then continue with the same stuff that got us here in the first place.
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    all i can say is that that expansion, despite not having farms or bunkbeds, better deliver on some aspect of a fan request.
    I told the designer that actually made the ladders that they would be perfect for bunk beds. XD He is really nice but doesn't do Twitter. I do want those two things too. I am pretty sure those two requests will be made. SimGuruFrost knows how much I want bunk beds too.

Not a perfect solution but there is a mod/CC for bunk beds. What I like about CC beds is that the bedding is separate from the bed frames.
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/02/12/these-working-bunkbeds-for-the-sims-4-are-amazing-including-an-agonising-pun/