Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack 10 is getting announced in a few weeks

Comments

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Hmm saying what the pack is *not* almost stokes the rumor mill even more! 😂 I am guessing winter, romance, or some kind of ambitions/hobbies pack.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Sakuske1 wrote: »

Ninja has his plumbob light set to flirty so maybe an improvement in the romance system is in the cards? I'd be happy with that. (not gonna get my hopes up too high on any speculation, though)

Now I think it‘s a romance expansion. Why would he post a flirty plumbob as a reply to this?

Pairs well with that sweet-talkin’ love letter to the fans! 🥰😂
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Sakuske1 wrote: »

Ninja has his plumbob light set to flirty so maybe an improvement in the romance system is in the cards? I'd be happy with that. (not gonna get my hopes up too high on any speculation, though)

Now I think it‘s a romance expansion. Why would he post a flirty plumbob as a reply to this?

I hope so but I"d still be happy if it's a Winter Vacation Pack or maybe they could combine them.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'm going with a winter theme with maybe romance tied in somehow. There has been a lot of talk about eloping and the new patch which allows you to do that in vacation world's plus the thought bubbles in niffty knitting about sledding. I think a baby update and generations will come next year at some point. (At least I hope so)

Yep a Honeymoon Destination to the French Alps would work in a Romance Pack.
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Well I’m glad they said something instead of staying quiet. And they let us know that they are listening.
  • Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    I actually like knowing whats NOT coming. Its almost more exciting than knowing what IS :D
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I don't even want to speculate anymore. I'm hoping it's something good, but I have little to no faith in the developers. This next EP is going to have to be something huge. It will have to have an actual impact on game play before I'll start trusting them again. The idea of a travel/romance pack is amazing, but I don't want to get my hopes up just to have them crushed.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited September 2020
    I wish that it would be winter activities pack with winter world, but I don't believe it will ever happen. It would be a pack that would require Seasons and we all remember what happened with My First Pet stuff pack. I can only imagine the backlash that'd happen with the winter pack.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited September 2020
    The Sims 4 Romance Expansion Pack
    Now your Sims can woohoo in the toilets.
    Including a new toilet called The Seat of Romance, and omg there's a mirror called Glamour 🐸🐸🐸🐸!
    Also coming soon is a Stuff Pack to further expand on this new Expansion Pack called Face Mask Stuff. You can now have Sims walk around with face masks as if they're not wearing them for laughs. Only $10! Please note you need the $40 Romance Expansion Pack too otherwise you will miss out on several Face Masks. Coming this November alongside the Expansion Pack!
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    someone mentioned on twitter how they need to bring back quarterly announcements so speculation doesn't run wild, hopes and expectations sky rocket and eventually disappoint, and maxis doesn't have to find round-about ways to leak content so the blow won't be as rough when it turns out to be something people don't want

none of this roadmap stuff where we only know how many of each dlc we're getting, we need to know the themes too.

Honestly, they really do need to bring back the teasers. Speculation is BANANAS right not and the disappointment is huge. The fake leaks and real leaks that have us going in the wrong direction isn’t helping with the disappointment. I was imagining this whole space pack with an update to sixam and aliens. Then I had high hopes for the three snowballs lol and this huge winter vacation. People were saying Star Wars but I was thinking they would never waste time on that with all these other requests. Boy was I wrong and very DISAPPOINTED.

I agree. Bring the teasers back please.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I have a speculation that the eloping thing added to today's patch is going to be more for the upcoming expansion pack. Remember the future cube?
    The most popular destination to elope is not yet known.

I think they were so desperate to get something out that might distract us players to start speculating on other things.

We're probably going to get another destination world with a romance theme.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    tldr: there is no baby overhaul, no cars, no farming, and no bunkbeds coming with this upcoming expansion

Baby overhaul, cars and bunkbeds should all be in a free update and not an expansion pack so I don't think this post rules those out at all. It does rule out farming though.

I'm really curious why everybody thinks that we get cars for free. To me this seems absurd. Usable cars were in the TS3 base game, but they are no traditional part of the franchise. We had to pay for them in TS2 Nightlife. If cars ever come, they will probably be part of a pack with a car world, like the boats in the boat world Sulani.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Folks keep saying they want a romance pack but I don’t get what y’all think is missing to justify an entire pack theme devoted to it. It makes me curious though.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    At this point its what's new with no cars and babies. Never have I seen the community as happy as the morning I woke up to find they had finally added toddlers to the game after 3 long years of waiting, if only they could do this again for the Sims community with cars and babies. Hopefully the next pack is actually something the community has been begging for years on end I need something to remove the bad taste of Star Wars.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    They're basically saying "keep your expectations low" lol. Anyways, I thank them for their transparency this time.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oh great. More 'blablabla' from the GM.

'We hear you!' is what they keep saying for 6 years already.. and here we are.. Still no cars, still no updated babies, still no burglars ... [the list can go on and on]

Also they will share more about the next EP, but also casually say that it has nothing of the big things the community has been asking for -again-

Sometimes I wonder what they are doing and what their priorities are, because at this point it looks like they are making the game for themselves instead of for us.

The 'We hear you!' talk doesn't work for me anymore, since they keep using this since day one when they get loads of criticism from the community. I see this recent statement more as 'Damage control'..
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Folks want cars and babies as a proper life state.
    I’m certainly all for cars. Personally I’m not too pushed for better babies, but I do hope that they’ll be added in a free update for those who have been requesting them for such a long time. It’d be wonderful.

However. If the studio is indeed working on cars and babies, people will have to be extremely prepared for disappointment once they make it into the game. Not because they won’t be good, but an update like that will break your game, guaranteed.

From what I understand there are a lot of legacy players out there. Some have no doubt many babies in their households. And there’s the very popular 100 baby challenge of course.

You do need to realize that all those babies need to be replaced by something that is not an object. Those babies may lose their genetic code and their relationship with the rest of the family. Your family trees may get wiped out completely.
    Is getting a better baby worth losing all that you’ve built up over the years?

I believe this the very thing they’re struggling with in the studio. How to replace something without breaking every single save?

Some folks have one single save in their game and it’s 6 years old. At this time, is it worth losing that over a slightly better baby? Are you prepared to start all over again?
    If they are working on babies, this is why it takes so long. Every test their doing right now is probably corrupting the previous save and they’re still trying to figure out how to break as little as possible.

Just keep it in mind folks.
  • DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    The letter says they have been working on the next Expansion Pack since last year and if I'm not wrong, the survey with the snow activites was sent in January so I dont think they are ready to release the winter world pack.

Also, the way they ask us to lower our expectations makes me feel like the next expansion wont bring a cool theme/gameplay currently discussed by the community, like Happy haunts. My guess is some weird stuff for millenials (juste kidding ;)) like EL.

From my side, I hope we'll get more group activities (music bands, hobbies, anything that a whole sim family can do together, toddlers included).
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    tldr: there is no baby overhaul, no cars, no farming, and no bunkbeds coming with this upcoming expansion

What is the Point. When I read the title I hope that the "Letter" would be something open to fans but noor. Another vague letter and no assurance. Feels that this is another "New Themed EP" like Eco Lifestyle.

Man, I Love The Sims 4, but I sure miss the hype and excitement that is always over the top during The Sims 3 era.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I have no idea what the EP could be about. Hopefully they will not announce it two weeks before release, she said that "in just a matter of few weeks" we will know more about it, and I guess this EP should be released in...November? Which means that they might actually announce it a bit earlier than they tend to do.

I mean Coming Soon™ to them always means a month so hopefully it would not take that long hehe
    edited September 2020
    Camkat wrote: »

Baby overhaul, cars and bunkbeds should all be in a free update and not an expansion pack so I don't think this post rules those out at all. It does rule out farming though.

I'm really curious why everybody thinks that we get cars for free. To me this seems absurd. Usable cars were in the TS3 base game, but they are no traditional part of the franchise. We had to pay for them in TS2 Nightlife. If cars ever come, they will probably be part of a pack with a car world, like the boats in the boat world Sulani.

True. We had to pay for bikes through DU, so I wouldn’t be surprised if cars are exclusive to a pack.

Thing is, the pre-patch will need to ensure that cars can drive on the road.
    Bikes follow the same routing data as sims, they just ride on the footpath. For cars every world needs to be updated so a car can drive there. They can’t use the footpath. It’s would be mayhem. In that case a free update would make sense.

Unless the team takes the same direction as IL where a swimmable ocean is exclusive to Sulani. Which would be a huge disappointment, because I still feel that the inability to swim in brindelton bay or windenburg needs to be addressed.

The road is much closer to the sim’s home than the ocean, so being unable to drive in your sim’s own Neighborhood might even be more of a game breaker than being unable to swim in the sea.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    In a way, I'm happy that Lyndsay has mentioned what won't be in this pack because I can rule those things out for the upcoming expansion. Can't say that I care much for cars, overhauled babies and farming anyway, but that's just preference.

I do agree with what's been mentioned in this thread about the quarterly teasers, and I think they should go back to them. This whole roadmap thing clearly hasn't panned out well, and I feel like speculation has gone more wild since they changed things around.

As for SimGuruNinja's tweet, that's an odd reply. I don't know if the plumbob is supposed to be a hint, but I totally get why players think it could be romance themed. I love the idea of a romance pack, but I always thought it would be a game pack if they ever explored the theme. Very curious. 🤔
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I’m certainly all for cars. Personally I’m not too pushed for better babies, but I do hope that they’ll be added in a free update for those who have been requesting them for such a long time. It’d be wonderful.

However. If the studio is indeed working on cars and babies, people will have to be extremely prepared for disappointment once they make it into the game. Not because they won’t be good, but an update like that will break your game, guaranteed.

From what I understand there are a lot of legacy players out there. Some have no doubt many babies in their households. And there’s the very popular 100 baby challenge of course.

You do need to realize that all those babies need to be replaced by something that is not an object. Those babies may lose their genetic code and their relationship with the rest of the family. Your family trees may get wiped out completely.

I believe this the very thing they’re struggling with in the studio. How to replace something without breaking every single save?

Some folks have one single save in their game and it’s 6 years old. At this time, is it worth losing that over a slightly better baby? Are you prepared to start all over again?
    If they are working on babies, this is why it takes so long. Every test their doing right now is probably corrupting the previous save and they’re still trying to figure out how to break as little as possible.

They don't have to break the babies or the saves if they code all current babies to age to toddler on installing the upgraded babies patch. So everyone gets a clean start with upgraded babies. Also, they don't need to replace the babies with something that is not an object. Most people just want to be able to take their babies with them when leaving the lot, babies being an object would not cause the game to break because sims leave the lots with all sorts of objects all the time.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2020

I agree with all of this. The only thing is, I wish they would just tell us what they're struggling with and what the complications are. If they'd be more transparant and, say, carried out a survey about the execution of better babies, players would be less fed up with them.
    The letter says they have been working on the next Expansion Pack since last year and if I'm not wrong, the survey with the snow activites was sent in January so I dont think they are ready to release the winter world pack.

I was also thinking about that. Also, Swiss Mountain Town was one of the locales featured in last april's survey. If we really would be getting a Winter Resort EP next, they would have included all of that in the surveys just to trick us.
    crocobaura wrote: »

They don't have to break the babies or the saves if they code all current babies to age to toddler on installing the upgraded babies patch. So everyone gets a clean start with upgraded babies. Also, they don't need to replace the babies with something that is not an object. Most people just want to be able to take their babies with them when leaving the lot, babies being an object would not cause the game to break because sims leave the lots with all sorts of objects all the time.

I suppose aging up the babies could work.
    Although people don’t just want to carry their babies around. If I look at the babies in Sims Freeplay, they’re a fully fledged life stage: They crawl around, Sims can pick them up and put them anywhere they like. The parents can teach them, they play with toys, they get a bath. They’re a baby version of the toddlers we have in TS4. And I’m sure folks want to change them in CAS too.
    If the TS4 babies get an overhaul they couldn’t be less in-depth than the babies in a sims mobile game.

Aging up the existing babies is indeed the only way this could work. People just have to deal with that then. 🤔
    I’m sure no one minds getting their sims to partake in a couple of woohoo sessions just so they can add a new member to their household.